cycloprofane

Jun 3, 2019
Hey, anyone else get the "Failed to initialize graphics" error in the latest version? I am running this on a Linux VM.. I tried running the Linux version of the game and then tried running it in chrome. Also tried downloading the windows version and running it in chrome. same error

cycloprofane

Jun 3, 2019
Hey, anyone else get the "Failed to initialize graphics" error in the latest version? I am running this on a Linux VM.. I tried running the Linux version of the game and then tried running it in chrome. Also tried downloading the windows version and running it in chrome. same error
oh well, nvm.. just ran a trusty old python server in the game folder

Bash:
$ python3 -m http.server 3000
Then navigate to in firefox the browser of your choice, and it should work.. I haven't had to use this since i discovered nwjs binaries for linux. but it still works.

If you prefer nodejs
Bash:
$ npm install -g http-server

$ http-server -p 3000
Edit: hmm.. looks like its a chromium thing.. this method works if you use firefox, but i got the same graphics error in chrome. Since chrome and nwjs are are both based on chromium, there might be an issue with this version of nwjs and the game.

Also, fair warning, in firefox the game is a bit sluggish, which is why i tried to launch it in chrome.

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Hmm.. I just grabbed the latest version and started it under a Linux Ubuntu VM with comannd line ./Game

EDIT: That being said, I had various graphic glitches in the past when using a Linux VM.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Huh, actually I just tried it out. The newd variation fits quite well. Guess I also have a new title screen next week. :D
Thanks for the idea!
Glad to be of help! I have an idea for the official main menu background well a borrowed one from other H-Games, so we could get an background that changes as Aura is Lewded futher and futher so we start with prim and Proper Aura/Knight Aura and she starts to progressily get her clothness either torn or with less clothness on her, then as soon as she is naked or a body part is naked she start to get cum on that part of the body (depending on h-stats of the main save file) she could even get lewd writing and sex toys on her with a facial expression to match the level of lewd she is at, well if you have played enought h-games i think you know what i mean XD....

Oh i see the new banner on F95 i see what you did there you sly dog you!

To be honest this game is really one of the few H-Games i feel deserve all the Support from the Comunity it can get, because you actually care to make it an engaging game both Gameplay and Story wise not just another h-game to play one handed, who knows with enought funding and passion you could even get a team to develop h-games of your own!(were they called circles? I don't remenber) After that the Sky is the limit... Anyway i have full faith in you guys (You, Emubi and Jane Doe me think) and whoever comes next's abilities!

So Thank you for your Great Work! :) btw you still lack the big ass Tag for some Reason xD

Edit: some misspellings

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
It would be nice to know in advance which secondary Lewd stat is increased by a lewd scene (e.g. Lewd Knowledge, Exhibitionism).

cycloprofane

Jun 3, 2019
Hmm.. I just grabbed the latest version and started it under a Linux Ubuntu VM with comannd line ./Game

EDIT: That being said, I had various graphic glitches in the past when using a Linux VM.
Doesn't work for me unfortunately.. I even tried installing dxvk on linux, didn't work.. then dxvk on wine and launching the windows version via wine.. no joy.. FYI I am using Kubuntu 20.10.. let me try a different desktop environment..

RPG MZ seems to have lots of issues with Linux, since it is newer.. unlike MV

Edit: thanks for testing though.. i'll let you know once i test other distributions out..

Sep 6, 2018
I like the (somewhat meta) spin on the corrupted hero genre tropes, I like the systems in place with the day/sleep/mind cycles, I like that exp comes from quest progression and not pointless combat grind, I like the characterisation, I like the writing. you've laid the groundwork for something special here.

one pitfall might be the complexity of the corruption system ballooning out of control - I worry you might find yourself having to write a million variations of scenes just to keep them making sense. but if you continue to gate stuff in a logical way it should (hopefully) work out

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
18+ game are you guys sure ? wasted 2 hours on the intro and the spider queen quest seems like a early 2000s game with a long confusing story not h game
As the reviews say, there's currently not much there unless you're deep into mind-control stuff. If surreptitiously altering someone's personality isn't your thing and you don't enjoy the gameplay, there's not much reason to play it right now. I guess eventually it'll also appeal to fans of slow-burn sexual corruption, but right now they'll be disappointed in the number of ero-scenes and lack of CGs for them.

if you continue to gate stuff in a logical way it should (hopefully) work out
This is exactly what I don't want to see for the final game as it could be so much better if you could "build" Aura in a number of ways (e.g. dumb slut Aura, Alicia 2.0, cynical loner Aura, demon queen Aura etc.) with a good emount of characterization for each, but the dev's plan of first getting to the finish line and then adding more content/corruption paths sounds sensible.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018
This is exactly what I don't want to see for the final game as it could be so much better if you could "build" Aura in a number of ways (e.g. dumb slut Aura, Alicia 2.0, cynical loner Aura, demon queen Aura etc.) with a good emount of characterization for each, but the dev's plan of first getting to the finish line and then adding more content/corruption paths sounds sensible.
agreed, I just imagine it'd be easy for a dev to get stuck in the mud with all the different possibilities. getting to some sort of ending and then fleshing out various paths is a solid plan

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

LEET

May 29, 2017
1621791290800.png
Not sure if this was intentional.
Shouldn't it be "send their men in the fight against the demon king, next they leech off of us like fucking parasites."

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Is EXP going to be given out normally to normal units. As I get farther into what is available, I'm starting to see the problem with being underlevel and outnumbered and constantly using the collar doesn't seem fair to people trying to go for a good ending first time around.

Also why does Aura even have a weakness to lightning? If it's not an exploited phobia in the story, I think its cheap to have her weak to the stun bomb and just get walloped by the worshippers.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Is EXP going to be given out normally to normal units. As I get farther into what is available, I'm starting to see the problem with being underlevel and outnumbered and constantly using the collar doesn't seem fair to people trying to go for a good ending first time around.

Also why does Aura even have a weakness to lightning? If it's not an exploited phobia in the story, I think its cheap to have her weak to the stun bomb and just get walloped by the worshippers.
Hm... Hello Plate Armour+Electricity= a very Convulsing Aura, also you get exp from doing quest not from killing enemies

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I'm wondering which enemy I have to kill just to get an upgrade on it.

And I know EXP is gained from doing quests but its barely anything to be stuck at LV 2-3 and then struggle with the quest without using the amulet. I'm not trying to corrupt Aura and the game hasn't given that many ways to decrease the corruption.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021

I'm wondering which enemy I have to kill just to get an upgrade on it.

And I know EXP is gained from doing quests but its barely anything to be stuck at LV 2-3 and then struggle with the quest without using the amulet. I'm not trying to corrupt Aura and the game hasn't given that many ways to decrease the corruption.
I'm afraid this isn't quite a game where you choose between purity and corruption like making a choice between going left and right on a road.
To me the struggle for being good is something difficult, while the path of corruption is the easy way out.
And this is part of the game; you can think of a purity playthrough as super hard mode.

At no point in the game are you forced to activate the Star Knightess by removing the collar.
This however requires to think about the game's systems and utilize them.
Levels are one way to become stronger but rather than by raw force of stats, most encounters can be "solved" by learning suitable skills, figuring out synergetic skill combos, using appropriate items, and building up crucial stats to get the most out of your build.

EDIT: Try using THUNDER type damage against human enemies, you might find a pattern. ;)

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes