subli

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah I found when trying to write a walkthrough earlier that it felt increasingly pointless because how each fight goes can change what else you can do which changes the options available to you later and so on. The whole thing became extremely fragile and probably impossible to follow in reality.

Reactions: Guitar_Villain

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I added advice on the next two duelists. The advice necessarily gets vaguer as we get further into the game, since there's much more variety in what stats the player might have when they reach later points.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
But if we already on the stats topic, I wonder why new mental change (exchanging attributes for fetish/sensitivity) actually reduce your stats?
One thing you can do there us exchange stats into "Lewd Knowledge". Combine that with the new book that gives you +1 MAtk per Lewd Knowledge, means you can indirectly trade any stat into increased MAtk.

I was thinking of trying a caster playthrough, where upon getting to that part in the mental changes, I'd start sacrificing Agility or perhaps Attack for more Lewd Knowledge.

That and a bunch of other caster stuff added recently (like Art of Fire) should make for a fun try.

Jun 17, 2017
1656396745994.png

Uhm, I find myself unable to refuse the offer from the slaver in Nephlune. At the time I enter the room I have 6 Corruption, 10 Lewdness, 4 Vice, 87 Willpower. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Oh, and I have 598 gold :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Back

Aug 3, 2017
From ...
Hermann Date 4+ Costume

Mid-term Roadmap Update 1
0.20.0. Last month's version number has quite a symbolic meaning: According to the original project plan, this marks the halfway point of development. Sadly, we have not quite reached that halfway point yet. In this post, I would like to discuss a little bit where we are standing in the bigger picture of the development of 1.0, what's missing and where I will be pushing in the next couple of months to get to the sacred 50% mark.

For those who have joined in the course of the current year and not stumbled upon the now already quite old post where I gave some insights on my overall approach to the project management of Star Knightess Aura, here's some reading for you to catch up on before diving into this post:
(<--- This is actually a pretty good post from the dev that's quite insightful. I encourage folks to read it. Doesn't take too long.)

So, first, let's recap where we are standing right now.

I refined the original roadmap picture a bit and split Chapter 2 into its two halves so that everything is a 10 month planning block. In the original plan, 0.20.0, or 20 monthly updates, would have marked the half-way point. Currently, I would estimate the progress like this:
  • Lewd content: 45-50%
  • Corruption content: 40%
  • Non-lewd Roya content: 35-40%
  • Overall: 40%+
Let's have a closer look into these categories in the following sections!

In my original plan, I had projected that we would end up with 80+ lewd scenes for v1.0 - discounting very minor lewd scenes like books/skill learning/repeat versions of scenes/very short scenes like the lewd guard scenes.

As of 0.20.0 we have a total of 47 lewd scenes in the game, removing these minor scenes, we end up with 38 lewd scenes with "proper" length. The last two proper lewd scenes will be the remaining Hermann scenes, which will be coming in over the next 1-2 months, giving us the 50% milestone in the lewd area.

In general, in the past half year I had been pushing hard on the lewd content. First to reach the Hedonism orb removal milestone to start the real world lewd storyline. Then to achieve the vaginal penetration milestone this month. We only had 1 lewd scene per month in Chapter 1 with a total of 12 lewd scenes last September at 0.10.0. Since then the production speed has gone up to average of 4 scenes per month, nearly quadrupling the numbers by today.

Now that we have reached the vaginal penetration milestones in the real world and in Roya, I will relocate some of the efforts put into reaching these milestones to the two other categories where we are lacking behind. So expect the speed to go down to an average of 2 lewd scenes per month going forward.

I realize that for some people this might be disappointing, but I consider Star Knightess Aura to be primarily a corruption focused game, not just limited to sexual corruption. And the totality of the corruption content is made up of the lewd/vice content in Roya plus the corruption scenes in the real world triggered through the mental changes.

Where we are currently lacking is the corruption content in the real world and the non-corrupt content in Roya. For the real world, there is 1 major story that has only received a couple of scenes: The diligence orb/knowledge room focusing on dumping Aura's grades.

Also, there are a bunch other minor corruption events like Aura Dev 5, Sexual Harrassment 2, etc. waiting in the pipeline . Same goes for some for other preparatory mental changes such as switching the TV channel in the interests room, which will be enabled after Alicia blurred out the super robot shows from Aura's head.

In Roya, we still have to deal with the 3 main quests. With 0.20.0 I managed to bring these quests into the positions where you can nearly challenge the respective boss of the quest. So the remaining work here is especially the remaining floors in Draknor Fortress and then the boss fights.

On the side content side, there is still 1 major side dungeon and side quest that will start Paul's side story missing. Furthermore, while I achieved a lot of progress in the underground of Nephlune, the above-ground also has quite some side content missing.

My next milestone is to reach the 50% mark within the next 4 updates. The upcoming update will focus on side-content in Nephlune and real world corruption. And then in the 3 updates after that, the plan is to finish 1 main quest per month, while grinding a bit of progress on the real world corruption / roya lewd content in the background.

If you have seen the Steam release date which is set to June 2024, I have already extrapolated a 1 month delay per 10-month-block. So right now we would still be in-time with that release date if we don't get any delays in the future --- which I find hard to believe. On the other hand, although we have lost quite a bit of growth momentum, the full time goal is coming closer and closer, so I would say I would say whether I need to move the release date or not is currently pretty much in the air and it could go either way.

When we reach the 50% mark, I will give a second Mid-term update to the Roadmap. Once we have passed that point, expect the content focus polls to reappear. For now, next up for will be the July project plan coming on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
After completing the Festival of Greed quest, when I go into Trademont the first time the following day I get the following screen and after that nothing, the game goes unresponsive, the fountain and smoke animations continue to play but nothing else. Can't move, interact, open menu or anything. Only option is F5 and restart the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit. Managed to find a work around. Entered the town through the bandit hideout tunnels and got the same conversation but this time the entire conversation triggered.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
After completing the Festival of Greed quest, when I go into Trademont the first time the following day I get the following screen and after that nothing, the game goes unresponsive, the fountain and smoke animations continue to play but nothing else. Can't move, interact, open menu or anything. Only option is F5 and restart the game.
I believe this has already been fixed in the hotfix (v0.20.0a). Its changelog includes "Fixed freeze when entering Trademond after clearing the FestivalFixed free".
Edit: You can probably just use the teleporter as a quick workaround. ;]

Reactions: Naxos

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
After completing the Festival of Greed quest, when I go into Trademont the first time the following day I get the following screen and after that nothing, the game goes unresponsive. Can't move, interact, open menu or anything. Only option is F5 and restart the game.
It's been hotfixed, but it seems the one leaked on F95 is still the buggy version. You can avoid getting stuck by using the teleporter in the shrine to go to the church, or using the bandit tunnel.

Reactions: Naxos

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Uhm, I find myself unable to refuse the offer from the slaver in Nephlune. At the time I enter the room I have 6 Corruption, 10 Lewdness, 4 Vice, 87 Willpower. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Oh, and I have 598 gold :ROFLMAO:
Bug, thanks for reporting! I seem to have assigned the gold check to the refusal option lol

Reactions: Guitar_Villain

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I found a minor plot hole:
On the general topic of Aura doubting Luciela's words, I decided to not focus on that too much because doing it consistently leads to a lot of repetitive dialogue. Instead, the focus lies on Aura believing in winning anyways independently of whatever Luciela says or not being true. I think it fits thematically better.

Also, I filled out my tip post above with some information I found on beating Rainer
Are your tips for Normal or Hard mode?

Reactions: Back
Jun 17, 2017
Btw I've seen the new function of trading Aura's combat stats for fetish and sensitivity scores and it was crippling to my fragile psyche t.t So far I've approached Hard mode (role)playing Aura and Alicia trying to maximize their respective aims. For Aura, doing as much good as possible and growing in strength using corrupt ways pretty rarely; for Alicia, storing Corruption in order to make Aura 'Cursed' often and making her life harder in Roya.

This new feature seems extremely strong in jeopardizing Aura, since removing, for example 3 ATK in Hard Mode where I'm already really really poor and not particularly strong for the new threats, means taking ten steps behind. I'll debate with myself about wether to ignore it up until later on because otherwise the game gets too difficult, or the corruption too accelerated (at least for how I'm playing, I guess that playing each dungeon perfectly could still lead to a manageable experience).

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Are your tips for Normal or Hard mode?
Hard. I've never actually played normal

So far I've approached Hard mode (role)playing Aura and Alicia trying to maximize their respective aims. For Aura, doing as much good as possible and growing in strength using corrupt ways pretty rarely; for Alicia, storing Corruption in order to make Aura 'Cursed' often and making her life harder in Roya.
Me too! It's the most fun way to approach the game I think

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
This new feature seems extremely strong in jeopardizing Aura
It is balancing hell haha. Does it seem extremely strong or has it proven to be extremely strong to you? Since you do need an increasing amount of lewdness to use it + it reduces corruption by 3, giving Aura 6 (Normal) / 3 (Hard) days to get progress.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
What is NG+ mode? I am new to the game and absolutely love it. Although the battles are quite difficult XD.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes