subli

Jul 30, 2020
Guess who just beat the low demon core without using star knightess for the first time!?

I noticed that I leveled up to level 4 as a result, but I did not get any stat increases. Are there no stat increases at level 4, or is there some kind of bug?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Well, yes i did. But I'm not sure how it works (always using left door). I should not enter it?
Nono, it should be perfectly save to enter it! :D I was wondering if the incorrect recollection flag could be somehow set from there.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Doese anyone know the answers to the knowledge test?
https://f95zone.to/threads/star-knightess-aura-v0-20-0-aura-dev.76764/post-8049987 plus my response one below it. As for the issues with the game freezing, I think this thread is still on version 0.20.0. There was an emergency 20.0a build for the freezing and a few other issues, until that gets uploaded you might be out of luck. There are also a number of other lesser issues that won't be fixed until the 0.20.1 update.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Hey, aura-dev, you could you look at my earlier question about whether not getting any stat increases on leveling up from level 3 to level 4 is a bug?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
No, other than that one level up they all give +1 to most/all stats.
I believe 1->2 gives 1 to all stats and the other one's mostly just +1 to some stat at bigger intervals.
3->4 probably happens to be a level where only HP/MP get increased.

Radbug

Dec 29, 2021
That's very disappointing given how difficult it is to level up in this game

Well leveling in this game doesn't really matter. You get stats from sharpening your sword and using items from strong/boss monsters.

But if we already on the stats topic, I wonder why new mental change (exchanging attributes for fetish/sensitivity) actually reduce your stats? IMO it should work the other way - your stats should rise, cause whole concept in corrupt route is "being lewd make your stronger but there will be consequences in both worlds". At this point i have serious problem with difficulty cap level on normal mode (corrupt route), after festival of greed. And when i really need to rise my stats, I can instead reduce it... Why should I do it for something useless like sensitivity (ok, fetish can be understandable a little, because before that You can have only one) which I never really used in game mechanics (you can get the same effect like fetish just by using low willpower)? Even Alicia herself said that it is risky change, cause it will make Aura stronger. But i don't get it how reducing your precious attributes can make you any stronger? What is the point of this mental change? aura-dev

Reactions: lutra_lovegood

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Certainly raising stats in other ways is more important than leveling up, but when there still is a significant reward for leveling up then chasing those rare level ups feels rewarding. And when you work a lot to get a level up only to get basically no reward its discouraging.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Well leveling in this game doesn't really matter. You get stats from sharpening your sword and using items from strong/boss monsters.

But if we already on the stats topic, I wonder why new mental change (exchanging attributes for fetish/sensitivity) actually reduce your stats? IMO it should work the other way - your stats should rise, cause whole concept in corrupt route is "being lewd make your stronger but there will be consequences in both worlds". At this point i have serious problem with difficulty cap level on normal mode (corrupt route), after festival of greed. And when i really need to rise my stats, I can instead reduce it... Why should I do it for something useless like sensitivity (ok, fetish can be understandable a little, because before that You can have only one) which I never really used in game mechanics (you can get the same effect like fetish just by using low willpower)? Even Alicia herself said that it is risky change, cause it will make Aura stronger. But i don't get it how reducing your precious attributes can make you any stronger? What is the point of this mental change? aura-dev
In the last chapter Alicia will be able to hurt Aura's stats, this mental change is a weaker version of that early available in chapter 2. From Alicia's point of view, it's primarily a new tool to hinder Aura and grow her h-part, also giving her a way to reach certain checks in case they are missed in Roya.

There are also some tools for Aura to turn that into an advantage, though. For example channeling erotic thoughts, or the drug coating which adds the highest sensitivity value to Aura's MDEF. The 'risky change' you are quoting is the Perverted Fulfillment one, which gives Aura a temporary boost based on her sensitivity stats.

So there is some synergy that can be exploited, but overall it's a tool that kind of starts pushing Aura into the corruption route in Roya as well since it makes normal fighting harder, but fighting with lewd bonuses more effective.

Certainly raising stats in other ways is more important than leveling up, but when there still is a significant reward for leveling up then chasing those rare level ups feels rewarding. And when you work a lot to get a level up only to get basically no reward its discouraging.
You do get HP/MP increases though! :'D I think 3->4 is worth about 1 Vitality Potion and 1 Mana stone in increases.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Some more tips, these are based on hard difficulty since that's where I expect people to need advice the most. Since enemies are weaker in normal and easy difficulty the advice should still work there, it should just be overly cautious:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly, a well-sorted (quests, boss battles etc.) collection of tips would probably have been more appealing to me than a step-by-step guide that apparently makes some players think you need a guide to play this game.

As someone who's played through to the post-Festival multiple times, the #1 information I still want to see ingame or really anywhere is the lewdness range for each H-scene. Not just the minimum, but how far it can increase Lewdness.

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes