subli

Jul 30, 2020
I've always played hard mode and have always thought it is a lot of fun, but does get pretty hard post festival

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Let's play a hard mode pure run! The newest patch has an important change, reducing the corruption you gain in hard mode. This should make a pure run (0 lewdness, 0 mental changes) significantly easier. My idea is to do a run, to test out the new patch, and write up what I'm doing here along with my thoughts and strategies. Hopefully this can serve as a starting point for discussing various strategies and tactics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DGun23

May 17, 2018
How much hours of content is ther currently right now? The game is size is around ~300MB. So should I wait a bit more to give it a shot?

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
How much hours of content is ther currently right now? The game is size is around ~300MB. So should I wait a bit more to give it a shot?
Judging quality of a game by the amount of hard drive space it takes up is extremely unreliable. Quite a few games on this site could be a tenth the size with no visible loss of quality if the developer bothered to use a more efficient image format.

If you are just going to look at the pictures, there's not a huge amount of content. If you were to just read the sexy scenes, you would easily get an hour of content. If you want to actually play through a game as it was meant to be played, relatively recent surveys put a first playthrough at 20+ hours for reaching the end of content. It also offers some new game plus options that let you replay to try to optimize your gameplay for a higher score if that sort of thing appeals to you.

jimmydiddly

Nov 5, 2017
Dev should just remove hard mode if they aren't gonna bother balancing it. Also why does aura's willpower just randomly decide to start draining by like 10 points per day? on hard mode you basically can't fight anything when you have even level 1 curse and it takes like 5-6 days for it to finish fucking you in the ass so it just gets to a point where you literally die to corruption because you have nothing to spend it on and you can't progress because the game makes you waste like 5-6 days at a time randomly because you can't fight anything while cursed.

you are so hilariously gated by gold in this game and you even need gold to try to buy holy water to lower your corruption but the price on that garbage goes up every single day even if you never buy it. it should only go up in price when you buy it. really stupid design.

and the H scenes are way too few and far between. like how are you gonna have john get an H scene for training with him the first time but then the second time there's nothing? he's a recurring companion that you spend time doing quests with and somehow you just pass over this?

i put it on hard mode because usually rpgm games are completely trivial and i like being a little engaged while i play but this game has no consideration put into its balance. like the devs clearly put in alot of effort for their game but its like they forgot that the game is supposed to be fun and this just becomes painfully tedious, RNG heavy nonsense.

It takes HOURS to get anywhere and thats even with me occasionally skipping scenes because i dont care about aura and alicia buying shoes (and who the fuck does?) like this is the most boring "corruption" ive ever seen. maybe a future update can have alicia corrupting aura into jay walking or borrowing a library book and then not returning it like holy fuck dude.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Also why does aura's willpower just randomly decide to start draining by like 10 points per day?
I don't play on Hard, but usually when people ask this question the answer is they don't know about Womb of Lust. You can see what it does in the Skill screen.

Yeah, Hard isn't meant to be balanced. It's literally a bunch of punitive modifiers on top of the Normal difficulty that the dev actually balances for (which even then it's wonky whenever things get added/changed), and shouldn't be attempted unless you find Normal way too easy. Hell, I tried Hard once and noped out of there even though I'd played through the content on Normal several times already and found it pretty easy.

Last edited:

damnmang

Oct 30, 2017
I found an alternate easy mode solution for the Belphegor fight. If you purify all the negative energy from opening domains on the mountain reach townfolk then belphegor won't have a forcefield and Aura will be able to remove collar in the fight which makes it a piece of cake.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Dev should just remove hard mode if they aren't gonna bother balancing it. Also why does aura's willpower just randomly decide to start draining by like 10 points per day? on hard mode you basically can't fight anything when you have even level 1 curse and it takes like 5-6 days for it to finish fucking you in the ass so it just gets to a point where you literally die to corruption because you have nothing to spend it on and you can't progress because the game makes you waste like 5-6 days at a time randomly because you can't fight anything while cursed.
You could try reading my hard playthrough, 5 posts above yours. Currently I'm up close to the festival of greed, and I think I can get a lot further

DedL0l

May 24, 2020
Jesus, even the walkthrough for max lewd is so long with so many colours that my eyes got that effect after looking at the sun. Is this game the equivalent of Dark Souls on this website? Somebody tell me whether this game is worth all the effort

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Jesus, even the walkthrough for max lewd is so long with so many colours that my eyes got that effect after looking at the sun. Is this game the equivalent of Dark Souls on this website? Somebody tell me whether this game is worth all the effort
Haven't played Dark Souls, but it's one of the more challenging H-games at first. On my first playthrough I found it challenging but more than doable. I think the people who end up running out of mental changes and getting a Game Over just got too used to relying on Star Knightess instead of learning the bosses. All the bosses have weaknesses, and RPGs being what they are, players neglect the stuff in their inventory like Flash Bombs, which are cheap and can make physical bosses miss half the time.

So the guide might be helpful (I never had to use it, so I dunno for sure) specifically for fights, but you absolutely don't need a step-by-step walkthrough on Normal. There's also a story-mode difficulty if you don't want a challenge.

There is also some missable H-content, see a few posts above.

Reactions: DedL0l

subli

Jul 30, 2020
There is also a mana stone to be found in the area between the mines and the vault, and one in the vault

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone knows how to get to these areas in domains in Mountainreach?
That's the puzzle element of this zone. You can talk to the various residents to get a pretty good idea how to solve it. If you sell enough pyromantium to the shop in the time loop then on the next loop the injured man will have enough bombs to avoid injury. This will have him standing in the mountain area in the top left area of the village. The new area you can access should allow you to get all of the previously unattainable nodes.

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes