deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Playing this game always torns me up
It's hard playing both the hero and the villain at the same time
And the villain can basically force a -20% to stats by saving corruption

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
I can't make any mental changes, and I know I'm not at the end of the current content since I haven't been able to change any memories of George. I think somehow this should be adjusted to avoid locking players out of doing anything if they don't follow guides too closely.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can't make any mental changes, and I know I'm not at the end of the current content since I haven't been able to change any memories of George. I think somehow this should be adjusted to avoid locking players out of doing anything if they don't follow guides too closely.
If there really are no changes to make aside from some optional stat-changing ones, it's just a matter of waiting a day or three for the next scene to happen.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
If there really are no changes to make aside from some optional stat-changing ones, it's just a matter of waiting a day or three for the next scene to happen.
No, it's not. I've been waiting in game for well over a week at least. It is a potential issue players will face if they deviate from doing things in certain orders.

Trihan

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2023
No, it's not. I've been waiting in game for well over a week at least. It is a potential issue players will face if they deviate from doing things in certain orders.
We do balancing passes fairly often to make sure players aren't softlocked into extended periods with no events happening. Can you provide your save and I'll see what you're missing?

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Either something is missing or there is a bug then. There is in theory no sequence that can softlock the game in the mental world.

Luau

Jul 16, 2019
RE: Auto Corrupts in the future update - Will there be fewer ways to purge corruption in aura's mind since auto corrupts will remove certain options from the various rooms?

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
How do ya'll deal with low willpower killing your stats? The -20% is so effective at crippling you
Keep your willpower above 60, obviously.

You gain -1 willpower from each point of corruption you have, so try to have as little built-in corruption as possible to start with.

Secondly, try not to gain any of the curses you can avoid. Eyes of Greed is easy to manage though, just don't buy anything at start of day, do your shopping at end of day.

Thirdly, and this is kinda the big one, there are a few lewd event chains that can lock you to low willpower. If you do both Hermann and Roland events, gaining those stacking willpower reducing passives, you won't be back above 60 willpower without consumables. If you want to play a lewd playthrough, but still clear the game, you can't really do all the lewd options.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
RE: Auto Corrupts in the future update - Will there be fewer ways to purge corruption in aura's mind since auto corrupts will remove certain options from the various rooms?
I decided that auto-corrupts use as much corruption cost as they can, so it's possible that not as much corruption is spent if corruption is very low. On the other hand, if corruption is very high, the automatic corruption action would basically be an additional action and therefore lower corruption at a faster speed.

In general I imagine Auto Corrupts to only trigger for edge cases where Aura's vice/lewd progression is severly ahead of Alicia's progression in the mental world and only affect players whose Aura is apparantly secretly a turbo slut.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
You gain -1 willpower from each point of corruption you have, so try to have as little built-in corruption as possible to start with.
So here's the thing
I can only do that by actively playing bad on the mind part
I can't honestly keep low corruption when it's effect is so strong
Feels like cheating xd

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
Keep your willpower above 60, obviously.

Secondly, try not to gain any of the curses you can avoid. Eyes of Greed is easy to manage though, just don't buy anything at start of day, do your shopping at end of day.

Thirdly, and this is kinda the big one, there are a few lewd event chains that can lock you to low willpower. If you do both Hermann and Roland events, gaining those stacking willpower reducing passives, you won't be back above 60 willpower without consumables. If you want to play a lewd playthrough, but still clear the game, you can't really do all the lewd options.
Well it is corresponds with the intended end game.(Eider Aura becomes a total corrupted bimbo slut or manage to win all against the odds.)
Like i said in the review this game mess with your head by forcing the player both sides.
Simply said to view the problem from either side this is not a problem at all.
Normally at the point of kripled character developers usually introduces early bad ends or 'opportunities' of 'recovery' be it in any form. In this case h-events and corruption sink is not enough.(Do not underestimate player's ingenuity of ruining a character while still dreaming of victory.) In this case (long term low willpower) a good dose of 'bimbo mind meltdown' is fitting.(like a game over or trading permanent will plus for lewidnes+ or some other corruption that are not intended/directly caused by player) To sum it up what i suggest is a loss of control in a different way.
What i wrote down is only an open polite suggestion nothing more.
( The stuff that i put in ' ' can be interpreted and applied in as many devious ways as our dear devs can imagine.)

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
Either something is missing or there is a bug then. There is in theory no sequence that can softlock the game in the mental world.
It turned out not to be a proper softlock, but it was a very significant stretch of the game (not ~3 days, as suggested above) where no events happen at all, and one of them appeared to be required to unlock mental changes. This eventually happened after some duration greater than an in-game week.

I overwrote the save because I didn't see these posts but I think while it isn't technically a softlock it is relevant for game balance reasons, both because generally not having anything to do is probably something you are aiming to avoid and therefore want to know about, and because it leaves you with pretty much nothing to do with corruption buildup which can wind up in a game over for a player who didn't technically do anything wrong.

MrDarkz123

Apr 6, 2020
Honestly, I don't think the dev should touch the story after finishing it, apart from maybe some post 1.0 content and such.

Better to make a new game utilizing what worked from the previous game with something new and experimental thrown in.

Sequels and prequels are always worse than the original.
I know tons of cases were I can think a sequel is better honestly.
a0cc306e713863ee2b2a8747adf51960.png Explorers_of_Sky_Cover_art.jpg maxresdefault.jpg Pw3-cover-english.jpg

Just to name a few.

iranomaya

May 8, 2017
So here's the thing
I can only do that by actively playing bad on the mind part
I can't honestly keep low corruption when it's effect is so strong
Feels like cheating xd
There are two scrolls that let you raise maximum willpower by 10 each.

Aside from that, don't prostitute yourself, never take off the collar for any reason including when fighting demon generals, save scum so you don't end any day on a loss, and make sure to drink a holy water every few days.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
It turned out not to be a proper softlock, but it was a very significant stretch of the game (not ~3 days, as suggested above) where no events happen at all, and one of them appeared to be required to unlock mental changes. This eventually happened after some duration greater than an in-game week.

I overwrote the save because I didn't see these posts but I think while it isn't technically a softlock it is relevant for game balance reasons, both because generally not having anything to do is probably something you are aiming to avoid and therefore want to know about, and because it leaves you with pretty much nothing to do with corruption buildup which can wind up in a game over for a player who didn't technically do anything wrong.
I'm afraid I can't really judge any of this without knowing the closer details. E.g. what scene was blocking which mental change.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I'm afraid I can't really judge any of this without knowing the closer details. E.g. what scene was blocking which mental change.
Based on the vague details given, I'm going to assume it's one of the orbs that take 5 days to convert, and any mental changes related to an orb. Or something obvious was missed and the OP isn't wanting to admit it.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Based on the vague details given, I'm going to assume it's one of the orbs that take 5 days to convert, and any mental changes related to an orb. Or something obvious was missed and the OP isn't wanting to admit it.
It's absolutely possible that somehow there is some sort of bottleneck. I investigated and fixed several of them at the beginning of the year. But it's definitely something I need detailed and concrete information about to know what kind of state could cause it.

The easiest would of course be a save + description of recent actions. Then I can simply add a condition like "If events X1,X2,etc. have happened, speed up the countdown to critical event Y".

3.90 star(s) 172 Votes