SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Oh fuck my life got Covid all month long last month, just got released today finally! Just in time for an update, dang dude lets hope it is a good update i really need to get my spirits up

Oghenekaro

Apr 14, 2021
Just started this gem...and wow, the intro is HUGE.

aura-dev, the love you put into the intro is amazing man. keep up the good work!

Pakhawaj

Aug 23, 2017
Encountered a weird problem where after I had defeated the spider mini-boss, my strength went from 27~ to 3. I didn't notice for a few (in-game) days, but it persisted. Luckily I had an earlier save, and re-did everything, but it didn't occur again.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Encountered a weird problem where after I had defeated the spider mini-boss, my strength went from 27~ to 3. I didn't notice for a few (in-game) days, but it persisted. Luckily I had an earlier save, and re-did everything, but it didn't occur again.
Did you maybe have Defensive Stance turned on? Though that's still too steep of a drop to explain that.
Do you maybe have that save with the reduced atk?

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
Ok, I have played through version 8.0 and now present my thoughts.

To get the bugs out of the way:
Only definitive bug I found was that the first time you talk to Julian, if you speak to him from the side he doesn’t turn to face you. Subsequence conversations have him turn as normal.

The Ogre commander didn’t go into ‘enrage’ state. My final attack did 130 damage and given how tanky he was I’m fairly sure that wasn’t enough to bypass the enrage zone.

Possibly bug, possible oversight, when you remove the collar to destroy an obstacle Aura’s standing art pops up. However it is the art with the collar, rather that the version without.

Possibly a bug or possibly Not Yet Implemented, but I can’t get the ‘Investigate the tunnel at the bandit leader’s camp’ objective to complete. I has already cleared it out long before getting the quest and just going through it doesn’t trigger anything.

Possible optimisation issue, very infrequently when moving about a map the screen will judder for half a second. No clue if this is just my PC disagreeing with RPGM or something to do with the game.

I was able to do the ‘change shoes’ appearance mental change before giving Aura the ‘shoes interest’ mental change. Not certain this is intentional.

Now for non-bugs that seem off.
During the prologue battles some of the demons are big enough that the buff icons are partially off the screen. Doesn’t matter much for those fights but if Aura fights other large enemies in the future it could be an issue.

During the prologue Alicia’s demon form has neither a standing image nor a face-image embedded in the text window. Not sure if this is intentional or just too insignificant to change.

Same sound effect is being used for people exclaiming as for people hitting things. This is particularly confusing when both happen during the same conversation.

Alicia appears to have only two expressions. Are more being worked on?

In the alchemist shop there is a ladder that appears to go nowhere. Given its position it can briefly impede movement when going to the alchemist. Does it have a purpose?

Big one here: Does Willpower actually do anything? I know you need low willpower to unlock pink scenes, however this doesn’t really justify the amount of focus it gets. Corruption is minus-ed off Willpower, curses reduce max Willpower and items cost it. However it is always Perversion that locks options.

In the mines if you kill the Spider Queen but choose not to leave immediately the other adventurers leave your party but will still talk to you when you interact with the environment.

Haven't fully tested it as it is fairly far into the game, but is there any different between putting the shoes or magazine in the ‘Study’ slot rather than a ‘Hobby’ slot?

Where are the sensitivity stats? Several scenes end with “+1 Ass/Breasts Sensitivity” but I cannot for the life of me find where these stats are displayed.

Alchemist will only buy ingredients one at a time. This is rather clunky if you have a bunch to unload.

In the mental zone there are Aura projections(?) in each of the rooms but they don’t seem to do anything after the initial explanation and cannot be interacted with.

Corrupted guards often use Protect even when alone. Are they supposed to be that dumb?

After the drunk mage is jailed we get the line “Using magic on people is a major offence in the city.” This sort of implies it would have been legal to set the merchant on-fire non-magically. Or smash a beer bottle over his head.

And finally, the praise and compliments. With a side order of speculation.
The last version I played was 6.0 and oh boy have things improved. The character art got all the focus in the changelogs but the city and camp map overhauls are just as impressive. The northern forest is very well designed, dangerous but easy if you navigate carefully.

It is nice to see a story battle that you can lose, with no option to retry, without getting a game over. Failure states other than ‘the end’ add a lot of depth.

The second maid scene was amazing. Text only scenes don’t usually interest me much but that was a masterwork.
On a related note, given the heavy mind-control theme of the scene, are there any plans to have something maid related turn up in the mind area? The bottom shelf of the interest room seems the perfect place for such implanted thoughts to manifest.

Similarly I’m curious if the ooze magic will have any mental effects down the line.

I hope at least some of this was helpful.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Ok, I have played through version 8.0 and now present my thoughts.

To get the bugs out of the way:
Only definitive bug I found was that the first time you talk to Julian, if you speak to him from the side he doesn’t turn to face you. Subsequence conversations have him turn as normal.

The Ogre commander didn’t go into ‘enrage’ state. My final attack did 130 damage and given how tanky he was I’m fairly sure that wasn’t enough to bypass the enrage zone.

Possibly bug, possible oversight, when you remove the collar to destroy an obstacle Aura’s standing art pops up. However it is the art with the collar, rather that the version without.

Possibly a bug or possibly Not Yet Implemented, but I can’t get the ‘Investigate the tunnel at the bandit leader’s camp’ objective to complete. I has already cleared it out long before getting the quest and just going through it doesn’t trigger anything.

Possible optimisation issue, very infrequently when moving about a map the screen will judder for half a second. No clue if this is just my PC disagreeing with RPGM or something to do with the game.

I was able to do the ‘change shoes’ appearance mental change before giving Aura the ‘shoes interest’ mental change. Not certain this is intentional.

Now for non-bugs that seem off.
During the prologue battles some of the demons are big enough that the buff icons are partially off the screen. Doesn’t matter much for those fights but if Aura fights other large enemies in the future it could be an issue.

During the prologue Alicia’s demon form has neither a standing image nor a face-image embedded in the text window. Not sure if this is intentional or just too insignificant to change.

Same sound effect is being used for people exclaiming as for people hitting things. This is particularly confusing when both happen during the same conversation.

Alicia appears to have only two expressions. Are more being worked on?

In the alchemist shop there is a ladder that appears to go nowhere. Given its position it can briefly impede movement when going to the alchemist. Does it have a purpose?

Big one here: Does Willpower actually do anything? I know you need low willpower to unlock pink scenes, however this doesn’t really justify the amount of focus it gets. Corruption is minus-ed off Willpower, curses reduce max Willpower and items cost it. However it is always Perversion that locks options.

In the mines if you kill the Spider Queen but choose not to leave immediately the other adventurers leave your party but will still talk to you when you interact with the environment.

Haven't fully tested it as it is fairly far into the game, but is there any different between putting the shoes or magazine in the ‘Study’ slot rather than a ‘Hobby’ slot?

Where are the sensitivity stats? Several scenes end with “+1 Ass/Breasts Sensitivity” but I cannot for the life of me find where these stats are displayed.

Alchemist will only buy ingredients one at a time. This is rather clunky if you have a bunch to unload.

In the mental zone there are Aura projections(?) in each of the rooms but they don’t seem to do anything after the initial explanation and cannot be interacted with.

Corrupted guards often use Protect even when alone. Are they supposed to be that dumb?

After the drunk mage is jailed we get the line “Using magic on people is a major offence in the city.” This sort of implies it would have been legal to set the merchant on-fire non-magically. Or smash a beer bottle over his head.

And finally, the praise and compliments. With a side order of speculation.
The last version I played was 6.0 and oh boy have things improved. The character art got all the focus in the changelogs but the city and camp map overhauls are just as impressive. The northern forest is very well designed, dangerous but easy if you navigate carefully.

It is nice to see a story battle that you can lose, with no option to retry, without getting a game over. Failure states other than ‘the end’ add a lot of depth.

The second maid scene was amazing. Text only scenes don’t usually interest me much but that was a masterwork.
On a related note, given the heavy mind-control theme of the scene, are there any plans to have something maid related turn up in the mind area? The bottom shelf of the interest room seems the perfect place for such implanted thoughts to manifest.

Similarly I’m curious if the ooze magic will have any mental effects down the line.

I hope at least some of this was helpful.
Thanks for all these reports! If fixed quite a few of them. Only one that bugs me is your performance report.
I always test with an FPS counter on and have paid attention to have a minimal amount of parallel events running. I have only noticed short drops during map transitions (which makes sense due to loading time). Does anybody else have a similar experience?

For now, Willpower and Lewdness together do something. Once the moral equivalent stat to Lewdness can be unlocked when I get to implementing the second chamber, it will also be used to lock Aura into performing morally corrupt actions. As Guide Aura mentions in the first night, Willpower is something that will become more and more important as the game goes on. But doesn't do too much on its own at the beginning, especially due to low corruption limits.

There are no differences where you put the new interests.

The secondary sex stats are currently nowhere displayed. Making a summary page for Aura (including her corruption status) is currently a votable option in my patreon polls. Since they are currently nowhere actively used and just kind of build up, displaying them is currently on the lower end of my priority list.

Regarding the corrupted guard, I didn't to make the behaviors too complicated at the beginning of the game, so for now, he is just that dumb. :D

Regarding Alicia expressions and lack of demon form standing image / face. Basically, the RTP face kind of sucks and her demon form portrait is low priority. I have more Alicia expressions planned but due to the need of other illustrations, its currently in a "when we have time to squeeze something in" priority.

I'm afraid UI improvements like giving the alchemist items in a bulk will be something for the future. I am currently waiting for more MZ plugins to come out so we can use a proper UI framework as a base. I don't to spend too much time reworking the vanilla RPGM UI system when I know there will be butter frameworks in the future that I can better build up on.

I'm a bit torn between making the maid stuff be a choosable interest for the lower table, since its a missable. Maybe another cool idea for 2.0 though!

I'm glad you had fun!

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
Regarding the corrupted guard, I didn't to make the behaviors too complicated at the beginning of the game, so for now, he is just that dumb. :D
Please keep that. The guards don't seem to have a braincell to begin with if they be switching to the wrong side LUL

Pakhawaj

Aug 23, 2017
Did you maybe have Defensive Stance turned on? Though that's still too steep of a drop to explain that.
Do you maybe have that save with the reduced atk?
Ulgh, I am an idiot. Yes, I must have turned it on. Sorry, it's a skill I hadn't used yet, so I didn't realise it had that function.
The earliest save I have in that run is still a few (in-game) days after the event, and I seem to have 7 attack, so either I was trying to raise it back up again or I was mistaken when I said it was 3.

Here's the save anyway, in case it is still a relevant bug.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Though this point does make me remember my initial idea to apply a stat debuff based on Aura's current effective willpower (willpower - corruption).
I discarded it back then because it gave rise to lots of complex new interactions like Vitality Potions weakening you for the day so I'm not sure if the world is ready for such a mechanic :D
But maybe it's time to think about it one more time...

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
Though this point does make me remember my initial idea to apply a stat debuff based on Aura's current effective willpower (willpower - corruption).
I discarded it back then because it gave rise to lots of complex new interactions like Vitality Potions weakening you for the day so I'm not sure if the world is ready for such a mechanic
But maybe it's time to think about it one more time...
An invitation to brainstorm. Excellent.

Thematically it does work, as it changes corruption from a straight up ‘easy’ path to trading short term success for long term problems. Lower total Willpower meaning you have less of a safety margin for using powerful items and abilities.

Mechanically it would make balancing more complex. With how critical even a single stat point can be a debuff of any significance would make battles exceedingly difficult.
Also to be meaningful there would need to be more ways of expending willpower. Abilities or spam-able items. Otherwise it will be something only encountered when chugging Vitality Potions to kill a boss.

Off the wall idea: Rather than a straight stat debuff, tie it into the Curses. When below a certain threshold there is a chance each combat turn that Aura will be briefly overtaken by one of the curses she is afflicted with and forced to take a special action. For example the Wrath Curse would force her to attack a random enemy with a Rampage. Gluttony would force her to eat multiple Apples. Envy would force her to use a ‘Steal’ ability, getting money or food off the enemy. And so on.
More complex, but potentially more fun!

Oct 26, 2017
1. Developer uses itch (and doesn't even charge for it)
2. Female protagonist
3. Has female-induced corruption, looks interesting

Even if there is no yuri, you have my attention, going to see if dicks are avoidable (and since it's a RMMZ game, can make it happen myself anyway lol). Trying it right now, and will definitely support (not on "that other platform", I have my ways) if it's interesting, thanks a lot aura-dev!

Last edited:
Reactions: lutra_lovegood

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
An invitation to brainstorm. Excellent.

Thematically it does work, as it changes corruption from a straight up ‘easy’ path to trading short term success for long term problems. Lower total Willpower meaning you have less of a safety margin for using powerful items and abilities.

Mechanically it would make balancing more complex. With how critical even a single stat point can be a debuff of any significance would make battles exceedingly difficult.
Also to be meaningful there would need to be more ways of expending willpower. Abilities or spam-able items. Otherwise it will be something only encountered when chugging Vitality Potions to kill a boss.

Off the wall idea: Rather than a straight stat debuff, tie it into the Curses. When below a certain threshold there is a chance each combat turn that Aura will be briefly overtaken by one of the curses she is afflicted with and forced to take a special action. For example the Wrath Curse would force her to attack a random enemy with a Rampage. Gluttony would force her to eat multiple Apples. Envy would force her to use a ‘Steal’ ability, getting money or food off the enemy. And so on.
More complex, but potentially more fun!
Those sound interesting, though a bit complicated. :D I am more interested in simple rules that yield complex interactions with each other. I plan to have curses in the future that give -willpower upon performing certain actions so I think a debuff state based on willpower would tie nicely into that.

Oct 26, 2017
Wanted to alt+print screen to post and laugh at the video game inception classic but, welp, alt skips too? Oops.

Looks pretty funny so far. The prologue seems deep, I'm barely starting.

Oct 26, 2017
While also not technically critical, I still wanted to point out the lack of a healer (only skill is self-healing if I wasn't doing it wrong) in the prologue, which can lead to an actual game over even with the protagonists' massive stats.

Yes, I'm still doing the prologue. I am fucking slow.

And being slow is a fatal flaw.

Last edited:
Reactions: lutra_lovegood

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Wanted to alt+print screen to post and laugh at the video game inception classic but, welp, alt skips too? Oops.

Looks pretty funny so far. The prologue seems deep, I'm barely starting.
Haha, yeah didn't know RPGM mapped Alt to "control". In the upcoming 0.8.2 on friday, Alt is unmapped.

While also not technically critical, I still wanted to point out the lack of a healer (only skill is self-healing if I wasn't doing it wrong) in the prologue, which can lead to an actual game over even with the protagonists' massive stats.

Yes, I'm still doing the prologue. I am fucking slow.

And being slow is a fatal flaw.
While it's possible to in theory create a game over, Aura has Self-Heal (useable out of combat), massive stats, and Mana drain that fuels her self heal. So practially you have to actively game over yourself (or not read the skills and spam auto attack I guess).

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, yeah didn't know RPGM mapped Alt to "control". In the upcoming 0.8.2 on friday, Alt is unmapped.
Neither did I to be honest! :)
That's a good thing, thank you very much.
While it's possible to in theory create a game over, Aura has Self-Heal (useable out of combat), massive stats, and Mana drain that fuels her self heal. So practially you have to actively game over yourself (or not read the skills and spam auto attack I guess).
Well, I did lose vs Richard due to running out of MP. I guess I was just doing it wrong though. (I forgot to mention that one too, yeah, running out of MP is a common issue when you rely too much on skills.)
Mana drain
Oh fuck. I missed that one. Yes, this was me being dumb. Time to play again!

Oct 26, 2017
After 10 hours in, I have to give some input. That's simply mindblowing.

I didn't expect a RPG to hook me back up like this, seeing as I don't even enjoy RPGs anymore. This is so immersive, carefully planned and with so much attention to detail (Aura, Private Investigator extraordinaire will comment on almost every single thing you examine "just for fun", and all those funny checks are a really time-consuming process for a game developer) that I honestly just don't know how to keep this short.

I'm not attracted at all to female-male relationships and can't comment on this, but even the mention of dick stuff (or random male pervs) isn't a problem here. Here we have a game made with pure love and passion. The New Game+ is not only planned, but implemented in advance. Thinking ahead and roadmaps were done in such a professional manner this either isn't aura-dev's first project or it's a career call. The support "wink" is placed right where it belongs, and in a polite manner. There are tons of funny tropes and references, as well as fourth wall breakers.

RMMZ's character generator was used in a perfect way. The right plugins are used. The game isn't overly confusing and isn't drowning you with massive information either. Color coding was done in a particularly interesting way - calling for the player to think "this must be important at some point, either for the plot, the character, or for the gameplay" - and while the dialogues can get a bit annoying on the comical aspects after a while, they're still pretty funny as it is not overdone.

The real originality here? Multiple personas. You don't only play a protagonist, you play against it at the same time, with another one, inside of yourself, and you do it in such a deep manner there is a lot to explore.

If I had to criticize things to sound less pompous and praising, then perhaps the battles not giving experience or "real" rewards, but I'm sure this is intended to prevent annoying grinds and it's difficult to think of a middle ground. Those battles are mostly avoidable so just don't run into enemies too often. The day concept is deep but can also be a limiter, if people overthink it. The day advances the plot but with drawbacks so you really aren't too sure on what to do - though you can still "adjust" to prevent things going south.

Honestly, this is refreshing. Your passion shows here. I don't really want to get addicted to the game but this is something I definitely recommend, especially for developers to learn how to do games right.

And the lack of lewd stuff, yes, since F95 is all about porn. Don't expect dicks everywhere (or pure yuri action for that matter if I have to be subjective), there's just romance between a girl and a guy in the "real world" and when she goes to sleep at night, she gets to become a heroine... with a twist. If you're here for the porn, you made a wrong turn. If you're here for a deep game, then you're going to enjoy this for sure. I'm sure I've been enjoying it so far and I'm not enjoying it for that relationship - I'm enjoying it for the sheer depth.

It already seems endless but it's also replayable (you get to notice it pretty early should you happen to soulbreak too early, and no, it's not a bad thing, as it tells you exactly what to expect). It has variety and originality. A lot of subtle details. And a lot of things to do.

Kudos. That post felt like a review, but you're definitely getting my support. I came here with the cover thinking I'd see surprise yuri, went oh well, and stayed for the depth. And I'm not going anywhere.

I'll be watching this thread for sure. This is different. That makes a total of 5 developers doing it right for 800+ games I've played on the zone since I created my account, most of which I didn't even bother posting about.

I wish I had more constructive criticism but I just can't come up with more for now. :)

(Just wanted to add while I initially went "why the fuck did I listen to you lol", I also want to sincerely thank Pretentious Goblin for the suggestion from the female corrupting others thread or I would never have found this, and was more than just pleasantly surprised in the end. I hope this continues, but even though I'm a really negative individual, I'm not too worried here.)

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
aura-dev can I suggest you to add the release number to the game zip file? In this way it would be more easy remember what release we actually have.

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes