Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Couple issues with latest prerelease:

I think there's something off with the gold prices for NG+. I have 9 Score and can only spend 6 on gold.
Also, game-breaking bug: working at the smithy for the day gets you stuck in the wall.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017

I think there's something off with the gold prices for NG+. I have 9 Score and can only spend 6 on gold.
Also, game-breaking bug: working at the smithy for the day gets you stuck in the wall.
First one, off the top of my head since I'm struggling over other threads, temporary variable mishandling for NG+ bonuses. All the script calls on top are quite overcomplicating things for a simple global variable (persistent) change, without any offense to aura-dev! ;)

Second one: A bug in work_promise due to how it forces player movement (visually a good idea, but things usually go wrong with this without testing if the player is coming from/to the right place before 'locking them out of movement' or teleporting them lol).

If only Crazy was still around. You two have potential for a great team. :cry:

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021

Ah right, the paths and teleporters for the promises! Nice catch. Rechecked them all and they should be fine now.
Thanks for the report.

Regarding the first one, I am a bit confused. Gold only goes up to 6 Score for +750 Gold. What's missing here?

First one, off the top of my head since I'm struggling over other threads, temporary variable mishandling for NG+ bonuses. All the script calls on top are quite overcomplicating things for a simple global variable (persistent) change, without any offense to aura-dev! ;)
I have 1 script call per choice + 1 script call per protected variable/switch region + 1 NG+ script call. How would you improve it?

Oct 26, 2017
I have 1 script call per choice + 1 script call per protected variable/switch region + 1 NG+ script call. How would you improve it?
I'd have personally gone with just the temporary variable called once at the end of the branch (and if you really need the external scripts for permanent storage/protected variables), but again, I hope I didn't offend you. Everyone has their own way to code! :)
Looking at it again, my bad. I thought "Current: 6/9" meant there was supposed to be another tier of gold I could spend score on.
No, this one is the current spent points - I'd have to check again to make sure aura-dev isn't using the scripts to hide the unavailable options - for a NG+. I got confused as well here, sorry about that.

RedAce1942

Jan 3, 2018
Ah right, the paths and teleporters for the promises! Nice catch. Rechecked them all and they should be fine now.
Thanks for the report.

Regarding the first one, I am a bit confused. Gold only goes up to 6 Score for +750 Gold. What's missing here?

Kudos to the dev, for always being so nice and asking for opinions. You're going places man

Reactions: lutra_lovegood

Oct 26, 2017
After lashing out at two threads I need to come to a thread where a dev can actually code, design, and achieve a proper workflow to chill. ;)
Kudos to the dev, for always being so nice and asking for opinions. You're going places man
This. Again, your dedication and quick feedback (including on code) is always appreciated aura-dev. This is how Crazy worked (without a platform at all even) even though he wasn't a developer, and it's a shame he had to put the project on hold for serious RL issues. We always lose promising devs and keep lazy, shameless milkers, but please keep being part of the very few exceptions because that's how you revive what we lost once the money laundering mindset kicked in. You have to be at least 40 to know when that would be, or be very close to someone who experienced it.

(Just make sure people don't abuse your kindness. Your audience is pretty cool so far, even when they come with constructive criticism that turns into fury, they realize they fucked up and add a few things.)

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
We always lose promising devs and keep lazy, shameless milkers, but please keep being part of the very few exceptions because that's how you revive what we lost once the money laundering mindset kicked in.
Preach.

P.s: may i suggest you to join discord communities of the games you like? ;)

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately, I am not a social animal and not exactly comfortable with Discord ;)

I only use it as a last resort.
I am not a social animal too. I just think discord servers have more fans who want to give constructive critics or good ideas and waaay less trolls. I also love how some devs are really active and post/answer really fast.

Oct 26, 2017
I am not a social animal too. I just think discord servers have more fans who want to give constructive critics or good ideas and waaay less trolls. I also love how some devs are really active and post/answer really fast.
Then I'll consider the idea and see if the server (assuming you mean Star Knightess Aura's discord) is properly organized, as a very disappointing discord server would have the opposite effect. Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

At least it doesn't seem to have that botfest mess.

Quasiz

Sep 13, 2018
So, an issue I've encountered is that at one point I'm simply unable to corrupt anything else in the mental place and start to accumulate HUGE amounts of corruption, especially since most boss fights seem unwinnable without taking off the collar.

The game also definitely needs way more lewd events. I've played for 7h now, yet there were only like 4 lewd events, all of them pretty tame. I love the slow build up, but there's a limit to it. I've also found 1 event that required 8 lewdness, but no idea where I could even get that much. Is there any walkthrough guide for the game?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
So, an issue I've encountered is that at one point I'm simply unable to corrupt anything else in the mental place and start to accumulate HUGE amounts of corruption, especially since most boss fights seem unwinnable without taking off the collar.

The game also definitely needs way more lewd events. I've played for 7h now, yet there were only like 4 lewd events, all of them pretty tame. I love the slow build up, but there's a limit to it. I've also found 1 event that required 8 lewdness, but no idea where I could even get that much. Is there any walkthrough guide for the game?
1. There's , though I'm guessing it's slightly out of date by now, should be fine for most of the game though.
2. You need to git gud in order to avoid the corruption issue, no way around that. Feel free to ask for advice on specific bosses. There are only a few I use the Knightess powers on.
3. Try this post for a cool 6 lewdness from 3 early events, but it's tedious, and unnecessary if you get the other lewd scenes. Or you can brute-force it with vitality potions.
4. Yeah, there isn't much lewd content yet. That's because we're not at the point where Alicia can make sexuality-related changes in Aura's mind yet. We're all waiting patiently for it to get spicy, in the meantime all this reluctant light prostitution stuff is the appetizer (though some of it will be needed to make those changes later)

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
Overusing Star Knightess is one way to build up crazy high corruption. Avoid it whenever possible. Use restoratives if you have trouble as while fights do not give XP, they still give drops and gold.

Also don't end the day until you're absolutely sure you've done everything you could do. Burning grassroots is one of the exceptions as you aren't supposed to get the Fire I spell on day 1 without cheating iirc, so you can delay this one until you can burn them roots, which should be as early as day 2, right after filling the paperwork and doing the AG questline (also don't go Star Knightess on rocks you can either completely ignore or bomb).
https://f95zone.to/posts/5827016 (you can also use the top-right search feature, make sure "this thread" is on; not very intuitive if you don't use it often but you quickly get used to it)

Goddamnit Pretentious Goblin! Ninja'd while referencing to one of your posts no less, lol.

And another missed stealth edit. Really need to post faster...

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
A couple passability issues in 0.9.0 prerelease 3:

This wall in this cavern is not solid.
The ogre commander can see and pass through the rocks on his ledge and attack Aura below. That little area is rough in general.
This tree is not solid.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018
Issues in 0.8.3:

The "Locate the Abuctees" Quest should be "Abductees".

If you defeat Darry and Barry and walk up to the bridge before you've gotten to the right stage of "Locate the Abuctees" (sic), you get "ERROR: Tried to close objective with ID 4 of quest with ID 19. but no such objective is registered." (I think you have to have the quest already but not be far enough along, but I didn't go back and check.)

Abductees Quest Error.png Abductees Quest Stage.png

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes