Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
There are three things I don't understand: the first one is how the quest "Final battle" works: during the intro I have defeated the Demon King all the times until he was forced to retreat, I have done everything asked in the quest log, but nevertheless it is a failed quest (see the image underneath); is this way the quest is meant to work?
The second one is related to the "pink scene", I have understood Aura must drink the Vitality Potion to lower her willpower in order to unlock them, but I haven't found out nothin in the story to let me guess when Aura should do that: during the battles or during the interactions with certain characters?
The third one is somehow similar to the second one: if I am right you have stated there are a "special lewd scene" if Aura reach the first night with 0 corruption, but at the end of the very first day in Roya her gain automatically one or two corruption points; so there is something I have to understand about the logic to unlock this scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
There are three things I don't understand: the first one is how the quest "Final battle" works: during the intro I have defeated the Demon King all the times until he was forced to retreat, I have done everything asked in the quest log, but nevertheless it is a failed quest (see the image underneath); is this way the quest is meant to work?
The second one is related to the "pink scene", I have understood Aura must drink the Vitality Potion to lower her willpower in order to unlock them, but I haven't found out nothin in the story to let me guess when Aura should do that: during the battles or during the interactions with certain characters?
The third one is somehow similar to the second one: if I am right you have stated there are a "special lewd scene" if Aura reach the first night with 0 corruption, but at the end of the very first day in Roya her gain automatically one or two corruption points; so there is something I have to understand about the logic to unlock this scene.

1. I've actually never played through the intro, but yes, that's working as intended. Richard is alive and well in the main story.
2. Anytime in the same day before initiating the lewd scene. iirc even removing the collar doesn't restore willpower, unlike HP and MP. Bear in mind Vitality Potions aren't the only way to lower willpower temporarily. The 2 hydrangea fights (their mind pollen ability is -5 willpower each time they use it unless you've already removed the collar in that fight) and the Sweet Memories item can also lower it. For the hydrangea fight in the Sick Workers quest, I think if you don't use the wind spell to blow away the pollen, you get a large willpower drop in an event after the battle, which also enables the 2nd lewd scene with John if you did the first.

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
1. I've actually never played through the intro, but yes, that's working as intended. Richard is alive and well in the main story.
2. Anytime in the same day before initiating the lewd scene. iirc even removing the collar doesn't restore willpower, unlike HP and MP. Bear in mind Vitality Potions aren't the only way to lower willpower temporarily. The 2 hydrangea fights (their mind pollen ability is -5 willpower each time they use it unless you've already removed the collar in that fight) and the Sweet Memories item can also lower it. For the hydrangea fight in the Sick Workers quest, I think if you don't use the wind spell to blow away the pollen, you get a large willpower drop in an event after the battle, which also enables the 2nd lewd scene with John if you did the first.
Now I understand why I wasn't able to unlock the pink scenes: they are pink variation of the various lewd scenes.

Last edited:

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
Have you tried countering the Pierce user with
I tried Stasis bombs, that's what I used when I got as far as I did, but it felt like you're basically just giving up turns half the time. If the daze lasted one turn more perhaps it'd be worth it, but as it is the skills interweave in a pattern which makes it hard to get anything done if you're constantly having to stasis them. That said, if I had a couple of more efficient potions (apples don't really cut it), I may have brought them down. It was by far the hardest fight though, as I could rather easily clear everything else in the game with just a few tries and was stuck on these two for a good half hour before I gave up.

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
I thought about it but I feel like doing another maid job would lead to a bad end (an option we could explore in 2.0 though).
This could get pretty interesting. More than just a bad end scene I mean. Not specifically what happens to maid-Aura (and interesting in its own way, since at this point Aura might've created enough friends in town that "rescue" her, leaving her with a potential addiction to the drug), but what happens to RL-Aura while all of that transpires? It could be a big corruption-boost of 4-5 per day or something, but as long as you manage it in her psyche she survives it, but with massive consequences for the playthrough.

I'd be a bit disappointed if it was just a massive corruption -> soulbreak kinda deal to be honest. Wasted potential in my opinon :)

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I tried Stasis bombs, that's what I used when I got as far as I did, but it felt like you're basically just giving up turns half the time. If the daze lasted one turn more perhaps it'd be worth it, but as it is the skills interweave in a pattern which makes it hard to get anything done if you're constantly having to stasis them. That said, if I had a couple of more efficient potions (apples don't really cut it), I may have brought them down. It was by far the hardest fight though, as I could rather easily clear everything else in the game with just a few tries and was stuck on these two for a good half hour before I gave up.
It's a very physical fight, so Defensive Stance + slime summon mitigate most of the damage. And with them spamming flash bombs, it's like you're supposed to tank up and just spam Thunderbolt/Fire/bombs. Even then, it's rough.

Oct 26, 2017
Might be time to come back to a normal thread to chill. *deeply exhales and slowly inhales the much sweeter air* :)

Been a while so I'll have to check the changelogs. If you're having trouble with battles, the best way is not to fight, unless you absolutely need the gold or items. (For boss fights or unavoidable fights though, have to playtest this later but I trust Aura - don't mind me calling you Aura, aura-dev? - and the community on helping balance this!)

Also, unless Aura... er, aura-dev changed this, you can also breeze your way through a virgin aura run to get a headstart (or whatever works best for you as a speedrun for a NG+ with a high score to spend on gold and extra stats).

Not a fan of speedruns (very slow player) but in this case, since NG+ is quite motivating and quite nicely made as you can "opt out" at any time, you might want to try it out.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
It's a very physical fight, so Defensive Stance + slime summon mitigate most of the damage. And with them spamming flash bombs, it's like you're supposed to tank up and just spam Thunderbolt/Fire/bombs. Even then, it's rough.
Thunderbolt/Stasis Bomb are definitely a good start. Personally, I went the completely opposite direction of Defensive Stance and used Offensive Stance to beat them. Though, admittedly, I had an still active Weapon Oil in my last run.

beliar

May 6, 2017
Cannot believe I have never heard of this game before. I have tried it yesterday, and ended up spending most of the day exploring the worlds.

I especially like the slow corruption tied to the game mechanics. Most of the other games are either wam-bam and the character is corrupted *cough*I'm looking at you Nightmare Village and all its clones*cough*, or the female character ends up being raped and enjoying it. This is one of the games where corruption is erotic as a process even without outright sex scenes.

That said, aura-dev, while I'm not sure how you are gonna proceed further with the story and what your ideas are, it would be a shame if there would be only two possible outcomes: Aura wins or Aura loses and becomes Richard's pet.

My personal ideal outcome would be

Also, from a technical point I believe it would be a good idea to introduce "Easy Mode", which could allow Alicia to drain a certain amount of Aura's corruption in the Dreamworld, instead of using the corruption, especially if there is nothing to use it on anymore. This way players wouldn't be afraid to remove the collar in combat and wouldn't have to rely on limited supplies of Blessed Water. It would remove some frustration from players that would rather enjoy the story instead of managing every aspect of the game.

gamingboi64

Jan 21, 2019
Cannot believe I have never heard of this game before. I have tried it yesterday, and ended up spending most of the day exploring the worlds.

I especially like the slow corruption tied to the game mechanics. Most of the other games are either wam-bam and the character is corrupted *cough*I'm looking at you Nightmare Village and all its clones*cough*, or the female character ends up being raped and enjoying it. This is one of the games where corruption is erotic as a process even without outright sex scenes.

That said, aura-dev, while I'm not sure how you are gonna proceed further with the story and what your ideas are, it would be a shame if there would be only two possible outcomes: Aura wins or Aura loses and becomes Richard's pet.

Also, from a technical point I believe it would be a good idea to introduce "Easy Mode", which could allow Alicia to drain a certain amount of Aura's corruption in the Dreamworld, instead of using the corruption, especially if there is nothing to use it on anymore. This way players wouldn't be afraid to remove the collar in combat and wouldn't have to rely on limited supplies of Blessed Water. It would remove some frustration from players that would rather enjoy the story instead of managing every aspect of the game.
I kinda doubt that's going to happen since in the game Aura mentions to Rose that she knew Alicia from when she was small and that a another boy kept visiting her. My guess this boy is likely Richard so I sorta doubt that would happen (if I recall correcly). The is clearly some deep bond between Alicia and Richard and unless corruption is involved is not likely going to break but who knows maybe Alicia screws up and gets also corrupted in some way dunno.

beliar

May 6, 2017
I kinda doubt that's going to happen since in the game Aura mentions to Rose that she knew Alicia from when she was small and that a another boy kept visiting her. My guess this boy is likely Richard so I sorta doubt that would happen (if I recall correcly). The is clearly some deep bond between Alicia and Richard and unless corruption is involved is not likely going to break but who knows maybe Alicia screws up and gets also corrupted in some way dunno.
I do remember that part, but I also think the bond between Alicia and Richard is very frail. In the scene where Alicia concocts the plan for Richard to seduce Rose it's clear there is a lot of tension between Richard and Alicia. Richard is menacing her, and she is somewhat fearful of him. Moreover, Alicia WAS Aura's friend in the past - she just needs to see her as a friend again after Aura gets sufficiently corrupted, and realize that Richard is too volatile to be a good bed-fellow to throw your lot with. I personally think it's a very reasonable turn of events.

Reactions: bimboform

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021

For 1.0 I plan to stick to just 2 endings for the 2 routes to avoid feature creep actually get a finished game.
I plan to add further routes and endings for a 2.0 version afterwards.

Also I just now implemented a Story mode difficulty.

Reactions: bimboform
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes