boobthief

May 25, 2017
Really enjoyed playing until the godforsaken Festival / Money Domain.

After quitting in frustration, now that I've reloaded a save I think I missed everything about what you're supposed to be doing. Even resorting to the guide I still don't understand how you're supposed to know what to do e.g. don't pay to release people early on or you're locked into unwinnable debt, don't play blackjack ditto, chest code is 1?, bet on the last competitor, don't fight the adventurers without buying buffs. How are you supposed to know this?

Just my two cents but that map feels like it belongs in a totally different mystery box game and I found it no fun at all.

• Angry
Reactions: Yukihirou

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017

After quitting in frustration, now that I've reloaded a save I think I missed everything about what you're supposed to be doing. Even resorting to the guide I still don't understand how you're supposed to know what to do e.g. don't pay to release people early on or you're locked into unwinnable debt, don't play blackjack ditto, chest code is 1?, bet on the last competitor, don't fight the adventurers without buying buffs. How are you supposed to know this?

Just my two cents but that map feels like it belongs in a totally different mystery box game and I found it no fun at all.
Well I checked out the Festival for the first time last night, and didn't take me long to find the note past the maze about the rigged Blackjack (plus it's heavily hinted and outright said that the games are rigged). As for the code being 1, one of the NPCs near the derby tells you.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Well I checked out the Festival for the first time last night, and didn't take me long to find the note past the maze about the rigged Blackjack (plus it's heavily hinted and outright said that the games are rigged). As for the code being 1, one of the NPCs near the derby tells you.
Thanks, I genuinely wouldn't have realised I have to talk to an NPC top right to find the chest combination.

lol, still can't find the blackjack note about it being rigged.

My big problem with this is if you go into debt I don't think it's possible to win so it's game over.

Out of interest, how many times did you have to reload a save or did you just understand it all?

Just did the Intermediate Adventurers fight again and they healed up 600HP, which seems like a trolly joke, so fuck it I'm done with this game.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
lol, still can't find the blackjack note about it being rigged.
I spotted it (it has the pulsating circle indicator thing) west of the entrance. I couldn't find a direct path to it, so I gave up for a bit but then I saw the maze and started looking for an entrance to that. It doesn't have an indicator, but it's a tile with a rope that you can climb. Then I went through the maze, which led south to the note and switch, and I was like "oh, so that's how you get here."

Out of interest, how many times did you have to reload a save or did you just understand it all?
I only had a look-see for the lewd scene in the prerelease (it's more ass-groping but with slave-play), I don't plan on completing it before the next one(s?) is added to the Festival. It's clearly a part of the game where you're supposed to talk to every NPC for hints, and from what I saw the hints are clear enough.

I also beat the duel first time, though I spent about 600 Perika on it, mostly offense buffs because the NPCs tell you the adventurers are going to heal. Plus as one of the other NPCs points out, you can apply weapon oil/poison before the fight, which helps.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Probably a good reason to re-consider adding the maid bad ending to 1.0 and handing the Clear Gem when you reach it.
But I definitely don't want to hand it out at game start.
Eh so there will be a Maid Bad ending? And here i was thinking Arwin would be a route after 1.0 :eek:...
And to the dude asking about info, a lot of stuff is hinted by the NPCs if you bother to interact with absolutely everything like my stupid monkey ass does on every single rpg i play XD

Reactions: bimboform

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Yes. 100%. I've played so many fantasy H-RPGs that it's the more interesting half of the game for me.
I definitely agree that it's the more interesting half of the game. Still, I like how the different aspects combine into one story, it's really creative. Looking forward to see both how the real life and the fantasy sides will progress.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I spotted it (it has the pulsating circle indicator thing) west of the entrance. I couldn't find a direct path to it, so I gave up for a bit but then I saw the maze and started looking for an entrance to that. It doesn't have an indicator, but it's a tile with a rope that you can climb. Then I went through the maze, which led south to the note and switch, and I was like "oh, so that's how you get here."
Thanks, another thing I'd never have spotted if you didn't point it out! I'm used to seeing a vine to indicate climbing in RPGM games so I thought the chain was just decorative.

I thought not being able to access the maze was either a bug or maybe it would open later after completing some other parts.

Anyway cheers for satisfying my curiosity!
I only had a look-see for the lewd scene in the prerelease (it's more ass-groping but with slave-play), I don't plan on completing it before the next one(s?) is added to the Festival. It's clearly a part of the game where you're supposed to talk to every NPC for hints, and from what I saw the hints are clear enough.

I also beat the duel first time, though I spent about 600 Perika on it, mostly offense buffs because the NPCs tell you the adventurers are going to heal. Plus as one of the other NPCs points out, you can apply weapon oil/poison before the fight, which helps.
That's good going! I get that they're going to heal but I was doing around 60 damage per round so assuming either enemy has or can heal 600HP I figured on 10 more rounds at least and John dying so I noped out of the game.

I'd like it better if there was a riddle or puzzle so you know who to talk or an order of sections to complete but talking to everyone and the fight is too much RNG / backtracking / artificial lengthening (fnarr) in a H game for me. But thanks for explaining - you should be an NPC in the game!

liltimmy

Aug 14, 2018

There's enough perika available to pay every single debt while leaving you 2500 left over for buying buffs. As long as you buy the VIP card last and why on earth wouldn't you save that to last, it's irrelevant what order you do things in. The one thing I haven't seen people chime in on is that if you pay off a competitor's debt they won't compete anymore as explained by the nearby npcs. You can pick any one to win and make a guaranteed return on your bet.

nessie123

May 2, 2019
I am unable to find the refugee camp, i have saved the hostage and defeated all bandits, I still cant find the refugee camp

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Will you be able to make Aura corrupt but still be able to get the good ending at the end or?
For 1.0 I have only planned two main endings. And you will get the good one as long as you don't finish the corruption path.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
There's enough perika available to pay every single debt while leaving you 2500 left over for buying buffs. As long as you buy the VIP card last and why on earth wouldn't you save that to last, it's irrelevant what order you do things in. The one thing I haven't seen people chime in on is that if you pay off a competitor's debt they won't compete anymore as explained by the nearby npcs. You can pick any one to win and make a guaranteed return on your bet.
If you don't make mistakes and understand the correct order. If you play blackjack without first rigging it, or fight in debt or without the correct buffs / rigging it with items, or the derby without rigging it you can get into a state where you can't finish the level.

I don't find the latest game mechanics fun to play but I'm happy if there are better gamers on no reload playthroughs having fun so you're right - enjoy!

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
So there is really a plan for a maid bad end? (And other bad ends i guess?)
It was an idea Aura-dev mentioned a while back that would be side content added after the 1.0 version was done. I'm not usually a fan of mid-game bad ends, but aura-dev will probably implement them in a way that doesn't make them frustrating to deal with.

Reactions: pat hogan

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
If you don't make mistakes and understand the correct order. If you play blackjack without first rigging it, or fight in debt or without the correct buffs / rigging it with items, or the derby without rigging it you can get into a state where you can't finish the level.

I don't find the latest game mechanics fun to play but I'm happy if there are better gamers on no reload playthroughs having fun so you're right - enjoy!
Nah I kinda agree. As I said earlier I love this game but the festival was frustrating. You can easily get softlocked on it and I imagine a large portion of players will realistically stop their playthrough at that point. Since I liked the "daily" rhythm of the game so much I soldiered through, went story mode and save scummed until I beat it, but it was not a fun experience overall.

I think clearer instructions should be given and the difficulty of the fights should be adjusted down. It would also be good if the festival was broken up so that you slept at one point in the middle (with a corruption event as normal), because now it feels really out of sync with the rest of the game.

Reactions: boobthief
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes