VN Unity Abandoned Star Maidens [Ch. 2 v0.2] [Banana Juice]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hedwin

Oct 29, 2017
Is it a "kinetic novel" only, or is there some choices, or something else to do than just reading ?
Thanks !

Banana Juice

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Is it a "kinetic novel" only, or is there some choices, or something else to do than just reading ?
Thanks !
Hi. This is not kinetic novel. The game has choices, a reputation system, and later added other elements that make the game look like an RPG :giggle:

Reactions: Hedwin

Hedwin

Oct 29, 2017
Ok my bad ! thought there was "kinetic novel" on the tags...
Btw, are you planning on doing a mac version of it ?

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Don't jump to conclusions. The game will have more than 20 female characters. We don't want to make a hero-rag game. But it is worth noting that our hero is very young and has no experience with women. You will have to help him gain this experience by seducing as many girls as you can. But he will interfere with the plot twists and turns. Not all girls will be easy to seduce, as in life. In any case, this game is not about endless peeping. In the next Chapter, absolutely all the initiative will come from the main character :giggle:
So no need to add us to the blacklist. This game will pleasantly surprise you ;)
Because you seem like a cool dev ill check out the next update and see where its headed. But I got to say mate having all the other dudes running around getting action and the MC getting almost nil content is not a great way at all to leave a first impression on a huge swath of potential players/supporters. Kind of like getting kicked in the family jewels and then told "you better like that shit bitch!"

Pretty pictures will only go so far to people looking to immerse themselves as the MC.

Jan 11, 2018
High-quality content for sure, I had no problems with the English and I was understanding everything.
I suggest you use the flash effects to specific moments, because it looks like you used it in random moments and maybe it bothers some players(mainly those have light-sensitive eyes).
This game has an interesting theme and I liked the writing too. I happily wait for the next chapters and to see the MC evolving through them.

I didn't make the rating because I usually make one after the third update

Last edited:

Hasbromate

Dec 28, 2017
People are overreacting. It's refreshing to have characters that don't feel washed out and are all hungry for the MC. Characters are assholes but you kind of expect it given it's high school and how they look, they're the clique high school kids. The story is pretty interesting, Jack the MC seems like a typical high schooler who's a bit of an asshole, which most were anyways. The developer put in a lot of effort into this game, and people are shitting on it completely because it's not a harem simulator and there's sexual content for characters that you dislike, which is pretty crazy given the stuff people support on other games.

Although for criticism, the save is a mess, the auto save is mixed with your save, and the loads are at the beginning of each scene, not where you saved it at. There also needs to be a way to speed up the close ups and zoom in's when the HUD is turned off during certain screen shot moments. A fast-forward option and a gallery option would be great also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozygator

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
People are overreacting. It's refreshing to have characters that don't feel washed out and are all hungry for the MC. Characters are assholes but you kind of expect it given it's high school and how they look, they're the clique high school kids. The story is pretty interesting, Jack the MC seems like a typical high schooler who's a bit of an asshole, which most were anyways. The developer put in a lot of effort into this game, and people are shitting on it completely because it's not a harem simulator and there's sexual content for characters that you dislike, which is pretty crazy given the stuff people support on other games.

Although for criticism, the save is a mess, the auto save is mixed with your save, and the loads are at the beginning of each scene, not where you saved it at. There also needs to be a way to speed up the close ups and zoom in's when the HUD is turned off during certain screen shot moments. A fast-forward option and a gallery option would be great also.
Dude. Nobody is asking for an all powerful sex god MC right from the get-go. Build ups are necessary for a great story.

Most people just want the option to avoid seeing the other characters getting all the action. Just add a skip option and that problem goes away and the true voyeurs can get their fix too.

Now for another serious issue. The Engrish... It really knocks the player out of the story when having to decipher what the writer is meaning to say while trying not to laugh at some of the sentences getting through the proofreader if there even is a proofreader.

Oh! And a walkthrough would nice (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lerd0 and Korentin
Jan 11, 2018
The problem is the majority of the players don't know what is the genre(NTR, Japanese concept) and how it works, that's why they just see any girl having fun with another character than the MC, they think the MC was being cucked by someone else, even the girls haven't any connection with him.
Chapter 1 was just a presentation of the plot and the characters, where the MC will start weak, but through your decisions, he will level up(yes, RPG style) and dominate all the situation later(like the basketball scene and the chemistry class). So, there's no reason for overreaction now and the developer already answered about it:

Don't jump to conclusions. The game will have more than 20 female characters. We don't want to make a hero-rag game. But it is worth noting that our hero is very young and has no experience with women. You will have to help him gain this experience by seducing as many girls as you can. But he will interfere with the plot twists and turns. Not all girls will be easy to seduce, as in life. In any case, this game is not about endless peeping. In the next Chapter, absolutely all the initiative will come from the main character :giggle:
So no need to add us to the blacklist. This game will pleasantly surprise you ;)
So, I think at the moment the MC finds the first Star Maiden as the Unknown Girl asked in his dream, the situation will be more favorable to him, but it's just my interpretation.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

I think that at least some people view the MC as themselves so the want to like the MC. It is probably why so many games allow you to name the character. I would guess that a majority of people give the character their own actual name. So suggestion number one, allow the player to choose MC's name. Since two of the female characters have been "sullied" for some players, allow MC to avoid sexual relationships with them. Please avoid having additional LI's getting involved with other male characters if that is what the player wants.

I agree the developer should be able to create whatever story he or she wants. I am just suggesting what would keep me playing and what I would be willing to support. I too agree that the renders are great. I would like to enjoy this game going forward but I will not if the next update continues the way the story has gone so far. As apparent from many of the previous comments posted many people agree. I guess as always the developer will have to decide whether he or she wants to be financially successful or to be true to their own vision (if the first chapter is indicative of that vision.) I applaud sticking with whatever story the developer wants to tell, I just won't support with my time or my money. It is possible that the game will be successful either way. It just seems that there are more people unhappy with the first chapter than are happy.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Why people don't keep their word anymore?

Sad times.
Because I chose to believe the dev when he said the story is to become far less voyeuristic and more hands on for the player. Time will tell.

But way to dig for that quote from before the dev responded. Bravo!

Reactions: Lerd0

Banana Juice

Game Developer
May 31, 2019
just letting you know if you call the mom something else and then offer an optional "patch" you can satisfy the incest people and keep your game on patreon. just letting you know.
As I said, we have a way to do this legally. But it will be a surprise :giggle:
Thank you for your criticism, especially about the saves. We will definitely make the game more convenient for players in the next updates!
Now for another serious issue. The Engrish... It really knocks the player out of the story when having to decipher what the writer is meaning to say while trying not to laugh at some of the sentences getting through the proofreader if there even is a proofreader.
As soon as we have extra money we will hire a professional proofreader and fix everything :)
So, I think at the moment the MC finds the first Star Maiden as the Unknown Girl asked in his dream, the situation will be more favorable to him, but it's just my interpretation.
You're thinking right. Already in the next Chapter, the main character will be much more successful. However, we will try to make the story surprising. As I said, later in the story initiative will be for the main character. And relationship with characters you don't like can be avoided ;)
Is there a walkthrough so I can make all the right choices and have most relationships high?
We will compile a complete walkthrough and publish it soon!

Hawkthorn

Nov 21, 2017
Glad to see you are still working on this, and I am satisfied with where its going. I understand a work in progress, so i will wait a little while before posting a review.

First off, thank you for fixing the text speed. Huge improvement.
2nd, Don'st worry about what some have said about the speed of the game. Completely in line for Jack to not have sex on day one. Even more true considering where he is at in his experience.
3rd, while I personally loved the look of the girls in their gym clothing. No woman would wearer those outfits knowing the teacher was such a perv.

For a fist chapter I personally feel there is enough sexy content, even if it is not with the MC.

I saw that you had included saves for chapters, and I may decide to go back to the basketball game, just to see all the options, and outcome, but no idea if that was intended to be included.

I do not personally see a problem with the tattoo that are shown, once again, and not suggesting that any are removed, just would not be that common at the the age of the girls, with any sort of decent home life.

Extra points for X files music for "Mulder and Scully" moment.

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to seeing more.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes