RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I mean, given the massive ratio of Futa to non-Futa females(at least on this station), there must be something to ensure human population stability. I imagine that, like you suggested, there are treatments to make a male impregnatable somehow. Either that or all humans are conceived in artificial wombs.
Incorrect. Void already said they are the minority on PS-X's population. It is simply a case of the game focusing on Spacer and all the relationships he develops with them.
Void already started taking steps to ensure we see more and more (cis) human women and non femboy human males in background renders across the game to help paint the picture of how diverse is the population of this space station. Plus all the alien individuals too. :)

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
I mean, given the massive ratio of Futa to non-Futa females(at least on this station), there must be something to ensure human population stability. I imagine that, like you suggested, there are treatments to make a male impregnatable somehow. Either that or all humans are conceived in artificial wombs.

Futas were a minority in the Union , and they all got expelled with a moral reform, leading to them becoming more numerous than females in the periphery. That is not to say these technologies couldnt exist in universe if VP wanted. It seems silly to me though, why would a male want to be pregnant , its a major handicap. I mean as a fetish thing i get it, but it would fit more elsewhere and/or as an oddity. The periphery station is more like a hub where all kinds of people and aliens mix and the population is replenished by immigration, a dangerous place with a high murder rate. But I like the idea of anal "pregnancy" like a feeler laying eggs inside that grow before they detach and pop out to hatch. Eggs make things so much cleaner, or alternatively just slippery tentacle monsters living in orifices - its a bit out there and niche, but sort of related to pregnancy. Extreme medical alterations feel more bizarre to me, but ik thats just personal taste, both are very niche though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skallabjorn

Skallabjorn

Jun 29, 2017
It is rather like the post Jewish Revolt Roman diaspora of the Jews from Judea. They were sent to the fringes of the empire, founding many local communities of recent history. For a LONG time Passover was "Next year, in Jerusalem".

Apr 8, 2023
Incorrect. Void already said they are the minority on PS-X's population. It is simply a case of the game focusing on Spacer and all the relationships he develops with them.
Void already started taking steps to ensure we see more and more (cis) human women and non femboy human males in background renders across the game to help paint the picture of how diverse is the population of this space station. Plus all the alien individuals too. :)
Honestly, I don't really want to delve too deeply into the meaning of this world. For me, the more "futa", the better. So, the news that as the story progresses we'll get to know more women and men is bad news. The world is great, and that's important. But such excessive nitpicking over "inconsistencies" is also overkill because, after all, this is an erotic game set in a sci-fi world. But I have one question: does VP mention anything about an alien race similar to Amazons? My curiosity is eating me up, and such a race seems perfect to create in a game like this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: _duck_lord_

MorallyLucky

Apr 12, 2020
why would a male want to be pregnant , its a major handicap. I mean as a fetish thing i get it, but it would fit more elsewhere and/or as an oddity.
This is just sophistry. OK, why would women want to be pregnant then? Clearly it's because they (the person + their partner) want to have children, it's as simple as that. Do we know if human futas are capable of pregnancy in this universe? What about aliens? If neither of them can then clearly an alternative reproductive strategy needs to be devised and the more likely target for artificial pregnancy would be the male (femboy) in this scenario since most of the (main) futas in the setting so far seem to play the role of breadwinners (higher ups, business owners, crimelords). The protagonist when it comes to his occupations is at best an odd jobs guy/menial laborer: you stand to lose much more in income with a pergnant futa compared to a pregnant protagonist.

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
This is just sophistry. OK, why would women want to be pregnant then? Clearly it's because they (the person + their partner) want to have children, it's as simple as that. Do we know if human futas are capable of pregnancy in this universe? What about aliens? If neither of them can then clearly an alternative reproductive strategy needs to be devised and the more likely target for artificial pregnancy would be the male (femboy) in this scenario since most of the (main) futas in the setting so far seem to play the role of breadwinners (higher ups, business owners, crimelords). The protagonist when it comes to his occupations is at best an odd jobs guy/menial laborer: you stand to lose much more in income with a pergnant futa compared to a pregnant protagonist.
well, humans do have women and futas dont have female organs in this game. In a sci-fi if you want kids and arent naturally capable you could just solve it with technology yes, but that could be entirely outside the body. When you are crawling through vents and shooting pirates or just trying to start an adventurous career working on a spaceship it doesnt really fit the theme. But I guess we could come up with explanations for it.
Other species do it differently, like Pyrpherans reproduce asexually if I got it right involving their plant form or somehting like that.

MorallyLucky

Apr 12, 2020
In a sci-fi if you want kids and arent naturally capable you could just solve it with technology yes, but that could be entirely outside the body.
It's possible but I would imagine the demand for extracorporeal pregnancy (artificial wombs etc.) would be astronomical because as you said; it's more convenient and less tedious. High demand would imply high prices and a tight market: not to mention a place as underdeveloped as PS-X would have to get that tech through smuggling and I would imagine more expensive tech is much harder to get ahold of compared to less sophisticated tech like guns and whatnot. Cheaper options (corporeal pregnancy) that are probably being phased out in more well off areas in the Union is probably PS-X's best shot at retaining a large enough population.

Nov 22, 2018
It's possible but I would imagine the demand for extracorporeal pregnancy (artificial wombs etc.) would be astronomical because as you said; it's more convenient and less tedious. High demand would imply high prices and a tight market: not to mention a place as underdeveloped as PS-X would have to get that tech through smuggling and I would imagine more expensive tech is much harder to get ahold of compared to less sophisticated tech like guns and whatnot. Cheaper options (corporeal pregnancy) that are probably being phased out in more well off areas in the Union is probably PS-X's best shot at retaining a large enough population.
I feel like if you are joining a pirate crew as I think is the case, and the solutions is something you are able to steal, then the prices might not matter as much if you can steal it. Otherwise, you can find someone with access to that tech and is will to offer it in exchange for a trade or a favor, especially way out in space as the setting is. Also, who's to say there's not an undiscovered world with access to such technology?

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
I realize we are debating over our fictional interpretations but thas fine I do enjoy fleshing out details. I dont take it for a place where many would want a family. Some families will form there naturally but its not a stable place that existed for millenia, so there is no sense in worrying about population. It can double or halve, change fast, people come and go, like some pirate island where people like smugglers mercenaries and those who offer services for them or seek other opportunities go. There is some native/civilian population for sure, because some happened to get pregnant there and stayed for some reason, but its a mining colony turned to anarchy and a lucrative black market. Maybe there are mining families from before independence. The rich there could get the best technology, the poor would have to rely on nature. But you rationalized a sort of middle class solution assuming that would be technologically much simpler and cheaper. It could be imagined even if kinda different from my taste. I just have a hard time imagining a society based on that because we are talking about a minority of a minority. Most males arent femboys (esp. miners) and most femboys arent there to make family. Even most who do, might not be willing to consider that body modification which is alien to their nature over a surrogate. But this latest point could be the opposite, it could be a cultural norm. Still unlikely that will influence the population numbers substantially.

MorallyLucky

Apr 12, 2020
I feel like if you are joining a pirate crew as I think is the case, and the solutions is something you are able to steal, then the prices might not matter as much if you can steal it. Otherwise, you can find someone with access to that tech and is will to offer it in exchange for a trade or a favor, especially way out in space as the setting is. Also, who's to say there's not an undiscovered world with access to such technology?
Like I said, just because you practice piracy it doesn't mean you can get your hands on every single thing you could want. Some things are more heavily guarded and restricted compared to say normal commercial ships that carry basic materials. Pirates in real life would love to get their hands on nuclear weapons or other crazy high tech weaponry, but they physically can't because the countries in charge put in a lot of resources to keep them safe. As far as we know, the Union and the mega Lizard empire control/are aware of pretty much most of what goes on in their galaxy(ies?), hard to imagine PS-X of all factions would know of a planet that the big dogs wouldn't know about. And even if they were to know that, it would less be tech and more of an alien species that has its own way of doing things.

MorallyLucky

Apr 12, 2020
I realize we are debating over our fictional interpretations but thas fine I do enjoy fleshing out details. I dont take it for a place where many would want a family. Some families will form there naturally but its not a stable place that existed for millenia, so there is no sense in worrying about population. It can double or halve, change fast, people come and go, like some pirate island where people like smugglers mercenaries and those who offer services for them or seek other opportunities go. There is some native/civilian population for sure, because some happened to get pregnant there and stayed for some reason, but its a mining colony turned to anarchy and a lucrative black market.
I don't disagree that unstable places aren't the best place to raise a family, but empirically, some of the most unstable places in our world today also have some of the highest birth rates in the world. Make of that what you will.

I just have a hard time imagining a society based on that because we are talking about a minority of a minority. Most males arent femboys (esp. miners) and most femboys arent there to make family. Even most who do, might not be willing to consider that body modification which is alien to their nature over a surrogate. But this latest point could be the opposite, it could be a cultural norm. Still unlikely that will influence the population numbers substantially.
To be clear, I'm not saying the tech is exclusively for the protagonist in this game. I was just applying it because he's the core of the story, but in the broader setting it can be used by futas, masculine men or even women that are infertile. it's just a tool, it's not a prescription for the exclusive use of the protagonist. I'm just trying to answer the initial question which seemed to be: "Why would the protagonist be pregnant in a chaotic setting like this?" and I would say I covered most of the bases for it. I just think it's possible and there are plenty of reasons why it could happen, but I don't necessarily feel one way or the other about it personally.

rangerawr

Mar 25, 2024
Wouldn't a pregnant MC imply full feminization conversion? IIRC VP said there will be cosmetic sissification but not extensive body modification. So no prego in the traditional sense. We get cuminflation though, and eggs are an option.

Reactions: Sakyazel

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Honestly, I don't really want to delve too deeply into the meaning of this world. For me, the more "futa", the better. So, the news that as the story progresses we'll get to know more women and men is bad news. The world is great, and that's important. But such excessive nitpicking over "inconsistencies" is also overkill because, after all, this is an erotic game set in a sci-fi world. But I have one question: does VP mention anything about an alien race similar to Amazons? My curiosity is eating me up, and such a race seems perfect to create in a game like this.
Well Void seems to want considering how much time he spend on world bulding and lore, which i am very happy for. A good story is always welcome. ♥♥♥ :cool:

Also to the people losing their minds over male pregnancy: as far as i know that is not on Void's list. :LOL:

Reactions: Buletti

Sakyazel

Apr 3, 2021
I don't disagree that unstable places aren't the best place to raise a family, but empirically, some of the most unstable places in our world today also have some of the highest birth rates in the world. Make of that what you will.
and the reasons for it could be summarized (admittedly very broadly) as lack of technology. (food stability,basic medicine etc.)

"Why would the protagonist be pregnant in a chaotic setting like this?" and I would say I covered most of the bases for it. I just think it's possible
Ok you are right in that, I was just clarifying what PSX is like.

But I admit I hate the idea lol.

Reactions: Buletti
4.90 star(s) 114 Votes