Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
The great Mythosaur! :D
Alternatively, an AT-ST would be a fine ride indeed - ah, a man can dream.
Or Banthas, uuuuu Banthas?
btw, Mythosaurs and Banthas are not vehicles, they are mounts,

ya know, like ya can mount them, like a "bantha". . .

for AT-ST i would love to see AT-RT (All Terrain Reconnaissance Transport)
maybe with some kind of destructed texuture,

And what other vehicle would you like to see (and be able to ride) in the game?
i think speeders Landspeeders, like the one on Endor, maybe Oevvaor jet catamaran
and some animals to mount ;) like this one lizard that died on Utapau when Kenooooooooobi was riding :p
1659636058883.png 1659636343164.png

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
With mounts, it's a bit tricky. They need to be modeled, rigged, animated, and this is all for a looooooong time... :) Therefore, for now, I am focusing on a technique that is created much easier.

Reactions: vessna

MacDakka

Jun 10, 2017
ayysheilyee said:
btw, Mythosaurs and Banthas are not vehicles, they are mounts,

ya know, like ya can mount them, like a "bantha". . .
I know the difference between vehicles and mounts quite well, thank you.
Which is precisely the reason for my writing 'More realistically' - because, hey, surprise, mounts are more complicated to implement (by the way, you 'mount' bikes and other two-wheeled vehicles, too - and I suppose the main character will get 'mounted' quite a bit, also -, so the ability to 'mount' something does not make it a mount per se ... ;)): 'Tis just that a - the - Mythosaur would single-handedly beat any vehicle the canon can conjure up, nay?
Maybe short of your own Star Destroyer, but that is even more complicated to integrate (other than just making a bridge interior and handling all the flying and fighting bits with abstract menus, of course - hmm, that could actually work ...) and a bit out of the game's focus.

And yeah, Banthas may technically be mounts, too, but let us not kid ourselves - their movements and behaviour are that limited that there could well just be (very slow) motors and wheels under all that fur ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
I know the difference between vehicles and mounts quite well, thank you.
Which is precisely the reason for my writing 'More realistically' - because, hey, surprise, mounts are more complicated to implement (by the way, you 'mount' bikes and other two-wheeled vehicles, too - and I suppose the main character will get 'mounted' quite a bit, also -, so the ability to 'mount' something does not make it a mount per se ... ;)): 'Tis just that a - the - Mythosaur would single-handedly beat any vehicle the canon can conjure up, nay?
Maybe short of your own Star Destroyer, but that is even more complicated to integrate (other than just making a bridge interior and handling all the flying and fighting bits with abstract menus, of course - hmm, that could actually work ...) and a bit out of the game's focus.

And yeah, Banthas may technically be mounts, too, but let us not kid ourselves - their movements and behaviour are that limited that there could well just be (very slow) motors and wheels under all that fur ... :rolleyes:
yeah i know that too, it's difficult to do all stuff for one dev, to create it in really good quality ;)

Reactions: MacDakka

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
It is definitely good to hear that it's actually still in development.
I hate to be the cynic, but... so many deadlines have been missed, whether it's still in development or not doesn't really matter much...

" The work is on. As I have said more than once in the discord, I am planning now to release something like a sandbox, in which there will not yet be a storyline, but there will already be a part of the location with NPCs, where you can wander, explore the area, chat with mobs, and so on, but at the same time test the game for performance and bugs. This version is almost finished and will be released in the next week or two (that's for sure). "\

That was over a month ago now. And this has been going on for... years now?

Reactions: zucite

Gorogn

May 11, 2017
speedre bikes?....podracer? maybe a light freghter...but it's fo verry log distance ;):LOL:

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
Yes, it will. It is possible that instead of three development options, there will only be two for now - a bounty hunter and a smuggler. I just haven't worked out the pirate costume yet :)
Alright, by character creator i meant choosing character and customise it, create your persona. . . More than the life path... But if bounty hunter and smuggler are complete enough, to be presented in release, then good, would love to play it. . .

Reactions: Gorogn

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Alright, by character creator i meant choosing character and customise it, create your persona. . . More than the life path... But if bounty hunter and smuggler are complete enough, to be presented in release, then good, would love to play it. . .
The setting also includes the setting of clothes, so the pirate will not be available for now :)
In the other two ways, all settings (race, appearance, basic skills) will be available.

• Red Heart

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
The setting also includes the setting of clothes, so the pirate will not be available for now :)
In the other two ways, all settings (race, appearance, basic skills) will be available.
cool :love: so the only one thing we have a lack of information about, is release date :D

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
cool :love: so the only one thing we have a lack of information about, is release date :D
I don't have it either, but I try my best to bring it closer :)

Btw, we have replenishment in a number of vehicles :) This will be the second vehicle, besides the X-34 landspeeder, currently available in the game. Below the swoop is presented in a rough color, it will certainly get better :)

z2.png
z3.png

It is possible that the 74-Z speeder will also appear in the demo, but I can’t promise yet.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
Btw, we have replenishment in a number of vehicles :) This will be the second vehicle, besides the X-34 landspeeder, currently available in the game.
It is possible that the 74-Z speeder will also appear in the demo, but I can’t promise yet.
so how many speeders/vehicles are ya planning put in the demo release?

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
ah StarLord Games last question from me for now, about the release date. . .

can ya tell if ya can release it by the end of this year? or after new year, like march Q1 Q2 Q3 or Q4?

or ya have no idea?

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
so how many speeders/vehicles are ya planning put in the demo release?
Well, at least these two will definitely be there :)

can ya tell if ya can release it by the end of this year? or after new year, like march Q1 Q2 Q3 or Q4?

or ya have no idea?
I want to release the sandbox by the end of the summer, so far everything seems to be going as planned.

Reactions: Akkta

zucite

May 22, 2019

or ya have no idea?
Dude he's been saying "should be a couple of weeks" for years now, pick a random page in the thread and you'll see the same thing. It's NEVER happening, it's a scam to drain Patreon backers.

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Dude he's been saying "should be a couple of weeks" for years now, pick a random page in the thread and you'll see the same thing. It's NEVER happening, it's a scam to drain Patreon backers.
You know what's funny? There are two types of such people. Now they're all shout "This is froud!". But later the first will continue to hate project even after the release, simply out of principle or envy, and the second, on the contrary, will start hypocritically praise my work and shout "wow, how cool!" and "you know, we never doubted you!", despite the fact that they are now throwing mud at me.
However, nothing surprising. This was even the case with the original Star Wars. And we all know how it ended.

Reactions: Gorogn and Akkta

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
don't really care, duh. . .

zucite

May 22, 2019
You know what's funny? There are two types of such people. Now they're all shout "This is froud!". But later the first will continue to hate project even after the release, simply out of principle or envy, and the second, on the contrary, will start hypocritically praise my work and shout "wow, how cool!" and "you know, we never doubted you!", despite the fact that they are now throwing mud at me.
However, nothing surprising. This was even the case with the original Star Wars. And we all know how it ended.
You have been saying "in a couple weeks" for literally years, dude. YEARS. The proof is right here on this thread. You can deflect all you want but don't be surprised that people have noticed.