Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
All this might be merged in the demo in few weeks.
And this (at least this, this is just a small part) also possible to do this in few weeks? Given the lack of clear references for many of the models, given the errors and alterations, with the correct mesh and the correct parameters for use in the game engine?

123.JPG

234.JPG

Last edited:

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
And this (at least this, this is just a small part) also possible to do this in few weeks? Given the lack of clear references for many of the models, given the errors and alterations, with the correct mesh and the correct parameters for use in the game engine?

View attachment 2525830
You didn't properly read what I said. I said that your demo without an environment might be done in a few weeks. I'm not sure that the assets you showed are 100% original. Anyway I don't want to blame you with it.
Speaking of the availability of SW content.
killian-s-belbachir-guillemin-plan2-finalimage-0592.jpg
This asset costs 45 bucks. Game ready. I found it in 10 min via google.
So my question is the same. Did you spend 4 years creating environmental assets?
If yes, It seems like inefficient time management. Your game is adult theme related but there is no adult content after 4 years of development.
If you're so good at level creation, just rename your page properly. Like: SL making SW-related assets.
Because many of us waited for some fap content for years. I assume that someone didn't wank on promised fap content because getting too old and die:ROFLMAO:

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Game ready
Hm, really? Are there interiors? No? Plus a lot of work. Are there levels of detail for each object? No? Plus a lot of work, and most likely with redoing each asset from scratch, since adding levels of detail to a finished object (especially if you didn’t create it) often takes even more time. So what's the point of using it? In addition, there is poor detailing here and in general, many things look like ... something is clearly not as they should. My main reference is Battlefront 2, anything that looks worse doesn't suit me.

Why? I will explain something that apparently few people have understood so far. I am making a game primarily for Star Wars fans like me who love and know this universe. I could take the first sci-fi assets that came across, stick some aliens in there, glue the legendary yellow logo on top and say - "Look, this is Star Wars! ..", as many creators of such games do. Only this is not my case. I passed the level of schoolcrafts a long time ago. I want my game to tell the player "It's Star Wars, dude!" in every little detail. So that players can feel immersed in a familiar universe, so that when they get to any location they can say - "Yes, this is IT!". And if it takes another two years to make content, I'll do it.

And as for the story, gameplay and adult content - yes, all this is really not long to add to the game, even though I don't intend to use ready-made assets for this. But I want to start by making an environment where I can add this. In addition, creating the environment is the longest job, which is why I want to finish with it first, and then calmly and regularly add new and new playable content to the game.

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
Hm, really? Are there interiors? No? Plus a lot of work. Are there levels of detail for each object? No? Plus a lot of work, and most likely with redoing each asset from scratch, since adding levels of detail to a finished object (especially if you didn’t create it) often takes even more time. So what's the point of using it? In addition, there is poor detailing here and in general, many things look like ... something is clearly not as they should. My main reference is Battlefront 2, anything that looks worse doesn't suit me.

Why? I will explain something that apparently few people have understood so far. I am making a game primarily for Star Wars fans like me who love and know this universe. I could take the first sci-fi assets that came across, stick some aliens in there, glue the legendary yellow logo on top and say - "Look, this is Star Wars! ..", as many creators of such games do. Only this is not my case. I passed the level of schoolcrafts a long time ago. I want my game to tell the player "It's Star Wars, dude!" in every little detail. So that players can feel immersed in a familiar universe, so that when they get to any location they can say - "Yes, this is IT!". And if it takes another two years to make content, I'll do it.

And as for the story, gameplay and adult content - yes, all this is really not long to add to the game, even though I don't intend to use ready-made assets for this. But I want to start by making an environment where I can add this. In addition, creating the environment is the longest job, which is why I want to finish with it first, and then calmly and regularly add new and new playable content to the game.
My example contains good topology btw so you don't need to use LOD. Also speaking of LOD there is a lot of asset store solution to use it. Due to the fact that SW pretty popular franchise it's obvious that many 3d artists create assets related to this universe with high quality.

Speaking of how "not long to add to the game" adult content to the game I have doubts.
After 4 years of dev, we didn't see any made-from-scratch animation from you.
You didn't show a clear road map of development.
And of course, you've announced many things like release or dev videos that were postponed many times or canceled.
This is why there are many guys who are not satisfied with it.
Beign clear with your community is important when you do a crowdfunding project.

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
My example contains good topology btw so you don't need to use LOD
This topology is good for pictures like this one. Up close, it all looks terribly cardboard and resembles graphics from games from the early 2000s.

I repeat: you will not understand how much easier it is to do everything yourself than to use ready-made ones until you start doing a similar project. Now it seems to you - well, here it is, a ready-made set, what else do you need? But starting to use it, you suddenly realize that some of the models you're not needed, many other models that you need are not in the set, some will have to be redone. And remaking someone else's model or creating your own, adapting to someone else's style is much more difficult and longer than making your own from scratch. And it happens absolutely always.

Is it worth it? Believe me, no. It’s easier to do everything from scratch in full accordance with your idea. Of course, if you want to make a really high-quality product, and not some kind of "GTA8 for Android" :)

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
This topology is good for pictures like this one. Up close, it all looks terribly cardboard and resembles graphics from games from the early 2000s.

I repeat: you will not understand how much easier it is to do everything yourself than to use ready-made ones until you start doing a similar project. Now it seems to you - well, here it is, a ready-made set, what else do you need? But starting to use it, you suddenly realize that some of the models you're not needed, many other models that you need are not in the set, some will have to be redone. And remaking someone else's model or creating your own, adapting to someone else's style is much more difficult and longer than making your own from scratch. And it happens absolutely always.

Is it worth it? Believe me, no. It’s easier to do everything from scratch in full accordance with your idea. Of course, if you want to make a really high-quality product, and not some kind of "GTA8 for Android" :)
The asset I showed has really good details for the FPS game. IMHO It looks better than yours.
Spending 4 years on making an environment for an adult game without adult content is pointless.
Anyway, the main topic was about your promises.

Reactions: jamonserrano

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
StarLord Games You going to answer the last question I asked. I mean, I don't really expect you too at this point, since you have a habit of not actually or at all answering questions I post until I repeat them, but here we go again.

Since I know that you seem to have difficulty reading the thread, your alerts, or using the forum search function, I'll quote the post I made here.

Well, how about that gameplay video you said you would make? That would show something, especially since you pushed the update back again.

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
StarLord Games You going to answer the last question I asked. I mean, I don't really expect you too at this point, since you have a habit of not actually or at all answering questions I post until I repeat them, but here we go again.

Since I know that you seem to have difficulty reading the thread, your alerts, or using the forum search function, I'll quote the post I made here.
At least we have a new release date!
1680987173722.png

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Nope)
No game
No dev vids
No excuses
:D
Well, it took him a week, but he's decided to post that there were "family issues" he needs to take care of... Which may be true, but is also a classic deflection that you see from some developers all the time, along with the "I was sick" and "computer crash" excuses.

jamonserrano

Jan 14, 2020
Well, it took him a week, but he's decided to post that there were "family issues" he needs to take care of... Which may be true, but is also a classic deflection that you see from some developers all the time, along with the "I was sick" and "computer crash" excuses.
be careful friend because moderators sometimes silence those who speak with the truth

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I wish you never run into such troubles.
Like I said, it could be true and I don't think you should have to post any details of what your family issues were.

But when you have said for weeks things like "the update will be out next weekend", and (eventually) an excuse why it was delayed again, it looks bad. Seriously, you could have logged into discord last weekend when the release was supposed to come out (again) to post about the family issues, but left it for 4-5 days (not bothering to look at the date and time you posted it) before updating any of the publicly accessible locations you post on (that I know of).

You also agreed it would be a good idea to post a video of the gameplay (a week before the first time the update was supposed to release). Since then you've not posted anything here, on discord, or on patreon about it and have ignored any questions about it. I asked again a week ago, just a few posts up from this. Of course there was no reply from you.

All in all, it really fucking looks like there is not really anything to show of the game development that supposedly has been happening. Again, it could be, but you have the habit of not posting any real information and ignoring or deflecting questions that you're asked.

zucite

May 22, 2019
Like I said, it could be true and I don't think you should have to post any details of what your family issues were.

But when you have said for weeks things like "the update will be out next weekend"
Years. The latest empty promise is running a few weeks, but they go back years and years. The entire history of this thread is empty promises.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Years. The latest empty promise is running a few weeks, but they go back years and years. The entire history of this thread is empty promises.
Oh I'm aware of the longer history, I was just focusing on the most recent update's release delays, since I only really found this when the "beta" came out last year. I hadn't payed attention to the thread release date, just that it was 2 versions in the change log. Then when I posted what I'd put in a review (I personally don't post an X star review if there's basically nothing in the game yet), and StarLord decided to bitch about one point I made and ignored the rest while "closing the conversation". That's when I looked into it more, and realized it was 2 releases in like 2.5 years.

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
It looks like he runs into some problems with publishing the current build.
Maybe the mouse company paid some attention to him.
Why?
His itch is dead.
All links on Patreon dead
SL website is empty. He promised to make a mirror on it but there is nothing.
Subscribestar seems to me empty. No post there.
And of course, we can't see any "dev activity" for months.
So I suspect it's just one more project waiting for abandonment.