Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
You know who to thank.
Yes, I saw your drama with that guy who exposed your data over the internet. Frankly, I don't care if you have other Patreon accounts or not. It's up to you. But I care about your inconsistency.:cool:

You promised to show a dev video and did nothing.
You postponed your release many times broking your promises.
You told me that you have family issues. It's understandable and I hope you'll cope with it if it's true. Cause it's hard to believe you when you fooled us so many times:unsure:.

But you have time to answer here. Why didn't you upload your build to your website which seems to be available? It takes like 10 minutes of time to do.
Don't tell me that someone can remove it without your consent.
You told on your DS that this project is the only thing you do atm. If I work like you and answered my clients in the same way I got fired soon:LOL:.
So at this moment you just keep collecting donations, give zero information and do nothing:poop:.

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
Well, almost another week with nothing posted (unless it's on some other random site besides patreon and his discord).
As far as I know, he keeps silent on all known platforms.
The funniest thing is that all official download links are dead, but there are no reactions from the dev side.
It seems to me, he pays zero attention to this project and just keeps waiting until it faded.

Erebus69

Mar 28, 2019
As far as I know, he keeps silent on all known platforms.
The funniest thing is that all official download links are dead, but there are no reactions from the dev side.
It seems to me, he pays zero attention to this project and just keeps waiting until it faded.
Incorrect. He knows and has responded more than once. As example
You know who to thank.
But I suspect his patreon is used more for money laundering than development of his project

Last edited:
Reactions: jamonserrano

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
the demo will be delayed. . .
i have spoken.

great language of Ughnaughts. . .

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I just discovered this project today and I don't know all the details surrounding it and the dev but DAMN get off this man's dick, making videogames is a lot of work
No one is saying it's not. The issue (for me) is the way he acts about any criticism of the game, how he responds (or fails to respond) to question and how he acts. Frankly, at this point it's a bit like a train wreck in slow motion, you just can't look away.

He's had multiple missed release dates. He said he'd release at the end of February, and delayed it (with no excuse that I recall, though I'm not going to bother digging back through everything to find it right now). Then he said it'd release in March, and delayed it again (several times in fact). This time his excuse was that he didn't get everything he wanted done and didn't want to people asking "so what's changed" in the new version. A post here has discord screenshots of the various things he's said.

I've posted this several times, but he was really shitty about a post I made when i first played the "demo". I wrote what I 'd have put into a review and posted it, since I don't think it's right to post a review when there's nothing in the game (especially on a demo release). His response was to bitch that I didn't read up on the entire thread to know there was no story / interaction in the game yet (I intentionally avoid reading too much before playing a game so my opinions of it aren't influenced). He then "closed the conversation" without addressing any of the other comments in the post, which is when I looked into it farther. That's when i realized there was 2 releases in like 2.5 years, and not 2 releases over a few months like I initially assumed from the first post's change log.

When I ask questions in this thread, he often ignores them or gives incredibly vague answers that basically mean nothing. When I ask for clarifications to the questions, they're then ignored again or given vague at best answers. Starting here is where I asked very specific questions about the next version that was supposed to come out in February, and at that point in March. His answers a few posts later were generic. Like I asked how many characters we would see in the next version, and how many would be generic vs detailed. His repose is that the characters would be "many and varied" with no numbers. Every answer was like that, except the gameplay video I suggested to show what was actually being done in the game (he agreed it would be a good idea and he'd do it that weekend). I later asked for clarifications. He didn't respond at all in the thread for about a week, and then was unable to find the questions I had asked literally 1 page back in the thread. He then basically just complained that I was asking about the general number of things going to be in the next release, seeming to think I was asking about the numbers for the completed game. When i specified that I got no response, and all we've seen since then has ignored those questions.

As for that gameplay video, I think it's bullshit that he's not posted one. He was asked about it over a month ago, agreed it would be a good idea, and then never released any. Whenever asked about it, he either ignored it or said something like "I'll do it soon". To me it seems completely illogical that it'd take too much time. No one is expecting some massively edited, high production value trailer. Literally if he's going to test the build he could do a video capture of the game, and run around a bit, show 1-2 quests, some of the dialogue and characters. You know, show that the things he's claimed are being worked on actually are being worked on. It's something that should take 1-2 hours to do, and part of that would include something he should already be doing to make sure the game features he's adding work.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
StarLord Games no offence, with all respect, imo ya need to create some kind of plan checklist, trello/hack'n'plan or something, it is not only great for thread viewers to see how the development going (if public), but it is crucial for dev to plan the steps, let's say. . . for this month, or 2 months there is this system planned for development, or this, or that, and it's not only clear to public, what ya are working on, but, ya can focus just on this one aspect to make i t done on the highest level of detail ya want it to be. . . it is called better project menagment. . .

of course do what ya wish, but it's just a friendly advice for development.

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
I just discovered this project today and I don't know all the details surrounding it and the dev but DAMN get off this man's dick, making videogames is a lot of work
it's truth, but it is much easier when ya create a task board, make tasks to perform, if ya menage it better. . .

of course i have no idea, if StarLord Games did make some kind of taskboard. . . etc, but creating it from Jun 20, 2019 and there is one Tatooine place/city simple character movement, no combat etc. . . it looks like bad menagement system.

JonahuPlay

Mar 20, 2023
No one is saying it's not. The issue (for me) is the way he acts about any criticism of the game, how he responds (or fails to respond) to question and how he acts. Frankly, at this point it's a bit like a train wreck in slow motion, you just can't look away.

He's had multiple missed release dates. He said he'd release at the end of February, and delayed it (with no excuse that I recall, though I'm not going to bother digging back through everything to find it right now). Then he said it'd release in March, and delayed it again (several times in fact). This time his excuse was that he didn't get everything he wanted done and didn't want to people asking "so what's changed" in the new version. A post here has discord screenshots of the various things he's said.

I've posted this several times, but he was really shitty about a post I made when i first played the "demo". I wrote what I 'd have put into a review and posted it, since I don't think it's right to post a review when there's nothing in the game (especially on a demo release). His response was to bitch that I didn't read up on the entire thread to know there was no story / interaction in the game yet (I intentionally avoid reading too much before playing a game so my opinions of it aren't influenced). He then "closed the conversation" without addressing any of the other comments in the post, which is when I looked into it farther. That's when i realized there was 2 releases in like 2.5 years, and not 2 releases over a few months like I initially assumed from the first post's change log.

When I ask questions in this thread, he often ignores them or gives incredibly vague answers that basically mean nothing. When I ask for clarifications to the questions, they're then ignored again or given vague at best answers. Starting here is where I asked very specific questions about the next version that was supposed to come out in February, and at that point in March. His answers a few posts later were generic. Like I asked how many characters we would see in the next version, and how many would be generic vs detailed. His repose is that the characters would be "many and varied" with no numbers. Every answer was like that, except the gameplay video I suggested to show what was actually being done in the game (he agreed it would be a good idea and he'd do it that weekend). I later asked for clarifications. He didn't respond at all in the thread for about a week, and then was unable to find the questions I had asked literally 1 page back in the thread. He then basically just complained that I was asking about the general number of things going to be in the next release, seeming to think I was asking about the numbers for the completed game. When i specified that I got no response, and all we've seen since then has ignored those questions.

As for that gameplay video, I think it's bullshit that he's not posted one. He was asked about it over a month ago, agreed it would be a good idea, and then never released any. Whenever asked about it, he either ignored it or said something like "I'll do it soon". To me it seems completely illogical that it'd take too much time. No one is expecting some massively edited, high production value trailer. Literally if he's going to test the build he could do a video capture of the game, and run around a bit, show 1-2 quests, some of the dialogue and characters. You know, show that the things he's claimed are being worked on actually are being worked on. It's something that should take 1-2 hours to do, and part of that would include something he should already be doing to make sure the game features he's adding work.
You can't leave a review on this game. I asked mods about the review on this thread. It was disabled by Sam. Actually, it says a lot about the nature of this dev:)
1682539432871.png

Reactions: jamonserrano

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
You can't leave a review on this game. I asked mods about the review on this thread. It was disabled by Sam. Actually, it says a lot about the nature of this dev:)
View attachment 2575482
Huh, makes sense that might have happened here. I did find it odd there were no reviews, but I didn't try due to not wanting to leave a review when there's nothing to the game, like I said.

it's truth, but it is much easier when ya create a task board, make tasks to perform, if ya menage it better. . .

of course i have no idea, if StarLord Games did make some kind of taskboard. . . etc, but creating it from Jun 20, 2019 and there is one Tatooine place/city simple character movement, no combat etc. . . it looks like bad menagement system.
He's outright stated before he doesn't like / want to use any kind of progress tracking. Honestly, it would just show how little gets done in development if he did.