Jun 14, 2018
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
He is right the only "normal" ending is where both the protagonist and his main love intrest getout from ther and get married but their sexual libido is extremely effected. There are many other endings also take a look at the route map.
^Arguably the "Red Key" ending is the best ending, albeit fucked up as it is, its technically a happy ending if you are amoral

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE!
EMPRESS IS RELEASING A NEW GAME CALLED ''SLEEPLESS''
AND GUESS WHO IS COMING BACK!
Nice. Although I had hoped for something more like Discipline.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
Nice. Although I had hoped for something more like Discipline.
Discipline isn't from Empress but from the same artist who does their work, he used to work for a different circle before Empress...but I think Discipline needs a remake or new game but the circle that made the game disbanded I think. so probably not gonna happen

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
Discipline isn't from Empress but from the same artist who does their work, he used to work for a different circle before Empress...but I think Discipline needs a remake or new game but the circle that made the game disbanded I think. so probably not gonna happen
Ah interesting. Although I don't need something like a remake or sequel. I just prefer the overall story and fetishes from Discipline. So something "similar" would have been nice. But with that information you just gave, I assume that won't happen in the near future.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
Ah interesting. Although I don't need something like a remake or sequel. I just prefer the overall story and fetishes from Discipline. So something "similar" would have been nice. But with that information you just gave, I assume that won't happen in the near future.
you can find most of the fetishes from Discipline in Empress' games, the artist Sei Shoujo also does the scenarios and scenes, clearly he takes influence from Discipline, but I mean you can see how Discipline and Starless are similar, in concept of Dom evil women, who enjoy extreme fetishes, Starless takes these extremes even higher tho...
I just hope he doesn't tune the fetishes and extremes down for this next game, cuz I'd hate for one of my fav circles to start making vanilla H games, Starless was controversial game but it wouldn't be the game it is now if it weren't right?

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
About Discipline:

I'll clear things up. Bible Black was worked on by Sei Shoujo, the guy who created Starless and every other Empress game. He was also the one responsible for Discipline. Discipline ended up having some inner turmoil and BS going on with it during development, such as Sei being forced to release the game in an incomplete story state. This led him to ditch the old company and start Empress, giving him full control of his games and release times, not having to rush things out and being able to make them exactly how he wanted to.

Starless is considered the spiritual successor for Discipline because it houses a lot of the content and themes Sei Shoujo wanted to include in that game. There's a reason why Discipline just randomly ends abruptly and all the bad endings are immediately Saori getting raped and broken, instead of the game leading up to that content and then having the bad ends work like Starless's. Sei Shoujo at least got to finish Bible Black's story, but he never got to do what he wanted with Discipline. There's a reason why Starless mirrors so much of Discipline's ideas, themes, premise, and even has characters that are carbons of it (Marie being basically Leona on steroids, Mitarai is Soari). I'm sure Sei would have done a full remake of Discipline by now if he had the licences or at least knew how to obtain them.

It's extremely fucked.

Bible Black only had one game made by him. The sequel is something the original company made using another artist and stuff like that. For this reason, people don't consider Bible Black to have any sequels. The Bible Black animations and it's endless sequels are just third party stuff. All animated hentai OVA's are just non-canon adaptations that companies who buy the license to make them are able to do. Sometimes you'll get a close to 1:1 adaptation, and sometimes you'll get the animation studio trying to put its own spin on it. The first Bible Black animations (the whole Minase saga) were a 1:1, but all the spin-offs is just random 100% original BS the studio made while they still had the license. The ownership for Bible Black, Discipline, and even the possibility of licensing them out to newer animation studios died when the original company went under. Nobody knows who they still belong to and this means Sei himself cannot attempt to buy them back to remake them or create sequels of them. They are literally stuck in a limbo state of nobody owning them and the company itself just not existing anymore.

About Sleepless:

Only three characters, so far at least, hopefully this will allow long fleshed out routes with lots of scenarios and expanded lore. Although there doesn't seem to be the staple Futa character of Sei's, luckily for me the disinterested goth maid with cross earrings has my interest. Hopefully no beast content either.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017
About Discipline:

I'll clear things up. Bible Black was worked on by Sei Shoujo, the guy who created Starless and every other Empress game. He was also the one responsible for Discipline. Discipline ended up having some inner turmoil and BS going on with it during development, such as Sei being forced to release the game in an incomplete story state. This led him to ditch the old company and start Empress, giving him full control of his games and release times, not having to rush things out and being able to make them exactly how he wanted to.

Starless is considered the spiritual successor for Discipline because it houses a lot of the content and themes Sei Shoujo wanted to include in that game. There's a reason why Discipline just randomly ends abruptly and all the bad endings are immediately Saori getting raped and broken, instead of the game leading up to that content and then having the bad ends work like Starless's. Sei Shoujo at least got to finish Bible Black's story, but he never got to do what he wanted with Discipline. There's a reason why Starless mirrors so much of Discipline's ideas, themes, premise, and even has characters that are carbons of it (Marie being basically Leona on steroids, Mitarai is Soari). I'm sure Sei would have done a full remake of Discipline by now if he had the licences or at least knew how to obtain them.

It's extremely fucked.

Bible Black only had one game made by him. The sequel is something the original company made using another artist and stuff like that. For this reason, people don't consider Bible Black to have any sequels. The Bible Black animations and it's endless sequels are just third party stuff. All animated hentai OVA's are just non-canon adaptations that companies who buy the license to make them are able to do. Sometimes you'll get a close to 1:1 adaptation, and sometimes you'll get the animation studio trying to put its own spin on it. The first Bible Black animations (the whole Minase saga) were a 1:1, but all the spin-offs is just random 100% original BS the studio made while they still had the license. The ownership for Bible Black, Discipline, and even the possibility of licensing them out to newer animation studios died when the original company went under. Nobody knows who they still belong to and this means Sei himself cannot attempt to buy them back to remake them or create sequels of them. They are literally stuck in a limbo state of nobody owning them and the company itself just not existing anymore.

About Sleepless:

Only three characters, so far at least, hopefully this will allow long fleshed out routes with lots of scenarios and expanded lore. Although there doesn't seem to be the staple Futa character of Sei's, luckily for me the disinterested goth maid with cross earrings has my interest. Hopefully no beast content either.
Very impressive text :) Thank you :3

Apr 4, 2019
About Discipline:

It's extremely fucked.

About Sleepless:

Well, I guess its an industry like most other industries. Its somewhat sad to see basically money ruining games. At the very least EA hasnt picked it up yet to make a VN with microtransactions. (*cough* not like we dont already havee nough of them on the mobile market *cough*)

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
About Discipline:

It's extremely fucked.

About Sleepless:

THIS!!!
I didn't know such details but I knew the jest of it, thanks for the info
btw the game is set at 5200 yen, most of the time this reflexes the length of the games, of course it's not always the case but
for example: Great Deceiver was set at 2200 yen with only 14 scenes, which is pretty short
Starless, and other previous works were set at 8000 yen which was 5 pages worth of scenes
I'm expecting somewhere in between this time like 35 to 40 scenes hopefully
also I'm hoping it's gonna have lots of female on male domination, some good foot scenes, and less scat, but I don't mind the golden showers.
there will probably be no bestiality this time, no futa unless the maid is hiding something under that uniform lol
also there will be no Miterai kinda character, which is interesting...cuz even tho I enjoyed DominancE, it was pretty much copy and paste from Starless. so maybe there is more focus on Marie this time around, maybe the someone might make a cameo...who knows

as for the story:
Marie goes to her ''Black Rose villa'' to spend some time with her other daughter Maria (lol another daughter)
and leaves the mansion to Marisa and Marica (not a good idea if you ask me lol)
you, the player are a college student who was hired as a private tutor for Maria, who happens to have made all her previous tutors run away (you can imagen why), so you spend this summer in the villa with Marie, Maria and the maid, is this gonna be a pleasant dream of heaven or will it be a nightmare at the end.
it goes along these lines I think

so far no sample images or audio samples but I don't know about you guys, I'm so HYPED for this!!!

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
some CG's are up!!!

personally I don't like POV and it seems there is gonna be a few POV scenes
hopefully they be good scenes

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 46 Votes