4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

driverman

Nov 12, 2018

Okay, time to pick an outfit for Veronika.
Same deal as with the Kelly outfit poll, just pick whichever options you want, the ones with the most votes win.
Happy voting!
View attachment 1384506

View attachment 1384508

View attachment 1384509

The individual outfit options you can vote for if you're a patron:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Outrider

K18

Apr 19, 2018
View attachment 1339352

Overview:
A man is rescued from the brink of death and finds himself in a difficult situation.​

Thread Updated: 2021-08-06
Release Date: 2021-08-06
Developer: Stiglet -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Other Games: The Visit
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - -
Mac: MEGA - -
Android: MEGA - -
Others:
COMPRESSED*

Extra: Gallery Mod - Fan Sigs

*this unofficial version is not released by dev , download at your own risk.

View attachment 1339333 View attachment 1339335 View attachment 1339336 View attachment 1339337 View attachment 1339338 View attachment 1339339 View attachment 1339341 View attachment 1339342 View attachment 1339343
All the MEGA links are broken

Outrider

Donor
Oct 18, 2017
Screenshot.jpg

Hi guys,
It's only me again, I hope everyone is well.
I spent a good portion of this week working on code and the UI. I think I now have a functioning navigation system. The player can click the location they want to go to and then click any characters they find there to interact with them. Basic stuff but I want to keep it simple anyway.
I've also got a time of day system. I've broken the day up in to four parts/shifts/watches, whatever. Morning, afternoon, evening and night. I don't plan on tracking day of the week or anything like that.
I still need to create a kind of log screen where the player can see what they need to be doing to advance the story with each character. It can also serve as a way to inform the player when they are at the end of the currently available content.
I also want a replay system, my first thought was to have the player access it though something in game, the console in the MC's quarters for example, or would players rather just access it from the main menu? The main menu is probably easier to code anyway.
I think that's enough rambling for now. I did a few 4k renders of Sam in some tight sexy pants, I think they look great on her. I only regret not doing a render of her squatting or something, you guys will just have to use your imagination. I on the other hand...
That's all for me for now, I hope you all enjoy.
Thank you all as always and take care of yourselves.
sam4.jpg
sam5.jpg
sam6.jpg

K18

Apr 19, 2018
View attachment 1391729

Hi guys,
I spent a good portion of this week working on code and the UI. I think I now have a functioning navigation system. The player can click the location they want to go to and then click any characters they find there to interact with them. Basic stuff but I want to keep it simple anyway.
I've also got a time of day system. I've broken the day up in to four parts/shifts/watches, whatever. Morning, afternoon, evening and night. I don't plan on tracking day of the week or anything like that.
I still need to create a kind of log screen where the player can see what they need to be doing to advance the story with each character. It can also serve as a way to inform the player when they are at the end of the currently available content.
I also want a replay system, my first thought was to have the player access it though something in game, the console in the MC's quarters for example, or would players rather just access it from the main menu? The main menu is probably easier to code anyway.
I think that's enough rambling for now. I did a few 4k renders of Sam in some tight sexy pants, I think they look great on her. I only regret not doing a render of her squatting or something, you guys will just have to use your imagination. I on the other hand...
View attachment 1391731
View attachment 1391732
View attachment 1391734
Not to jump to conclusions, but this sounds a like a very tedious sandbox game in the making. Seemingly creating unnecessary extra steps for players to take to experience the full story with the additions of a time of day & navigation systems. Needing to find characters at "X" place at "X" time to trigger and advance the story further, and to be helped by a guide log telling you what to do & where to go, instead of a linear narrative automatically transitioning from one scene to another scene. The replay system, will this just be a replay gallery, if so just keep it simple by putting in the main menu. Hopefully this doesn't mean previous old scenes being replayed in the middle of newer updated content.
Personally, not thrilled about this direction taken for the visual novel, but it's what the developer wants to do with his own game. Just my two cents on the matter. I just have to wait and see how this turns out. Once this sandbox/open-world mechanic is implemented, hopefully it's turns out to be very simplistic and doesn't take up time getting to the actual story itself.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Hmm...

Top - Outfit 3
Bottom - Outfit 1
Shoe - Outfit 1
Gloves - No

Edit: Wait, what do you mean I haven't checked this thread since last week?

View attachment 1391729

Hi guys,
View attachment 1391731
View attachment 1391732
View attachment 1391734
If the game is going to be sandbox, does it really need a replay system? Wouldn't it be better if you just went up to the girls and did stuff you've unlocked? But maybe he will make it work differently.

Last edited:

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I always felt like everytime a dev decides to implement "sandbox" elements into their game it's almost always for them, rarely it is for the enjoyment of the players. Maybe some of it stems from having played a lot of Rpgmaker games back in the day, where you can just advance days without really seeing any actual renders. With "sandbox" it's like they can't really get the pacing of the story right, so they fuck it all up and turn it upside down so the players don't really notice anything wrong. Or maybe just recycling old renders with repeatable scenes to bloat the gameplay a bit, making us go through the same screen 500 times over and over.
There's obviously some devs who are doing it right, implementing puzzles or secrets scattered throughout the game, random events happening upon entering a location at a certain time. Things that require a "sandbox" to work, not just a linear progression from scene to scene.
"Listen, i'm not going to hold your hand and guide you to the next scene, you can do whatever you want in this beautiful sandbox world,but if you want to progress the story, you need to enter the bathroom exactly at noon on Fridays, just sayin."
That's pretty much what most of the fake sandboxes are, so hopefully Stiglet doesn't go that route.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Actually I love that it's a sandbox, it ads some surprise and sense of achievement when you get the scenes. I prefer simple sandbox games though, not extremely complex/full of menus shit.
I tell devs all the time, most sandbox lovers will play non-sandbox games, most who dislike sandboxes won't play a sandbox at all. I absolutely loved the visit, and I had every expectation that I would love and support this new game, and the initial release exceeded my every expectation. That said, if this turns into a sandbox, I'm immediately done.

Now if stiglet's "sandbox components" hit the quality of say Mythic Manor, with the same level of support with in game walkthroughs and walkthrough mods and the reviews are without exception excellent, I'll probably come back in 18 months and give it a try, but I certainly don't expect that to be the case. Of the hundreds of sandbox games on this site I play 3.

Such a good writer. So much talent. The Visit is a top VN. Why oh why head for the sandbox with this game? Makes me so very disappointed. But Stiglet, it's your game and I support your decisions in how you develop it, but I'm not going to be there for a sandbox.

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
I tell devs all the time, most sandbox lovers will play non-sandbox games, most who dislike sandboxes won't play a sandbox at all. I absolutely loved the visit, and I had every expectation that I would love and support this new game, and the initial release exceeded my every expectation. That said, if this turns into a sandbox, I'm immediately done.

Now if stiglet's "sandbox components" hit the quality of say Mythic Manor, with the same level of support with in game walkthroughs and walkthrough mods and the reviews are without exception excellent, I'll probably come back in 18 months and give it a try, but I certainly don't expect that to be the case. Of the hundreds of sandbox games on this site I play 3.

Such a good writer. So much talent. The Visit is a top VN. Why oh why head for the sandbox with this game? Makes me so very disappointed. But Stiglet, it's your game and I support your decisions in how you develop it, but I'm not going to be there for a sandbox.
Interventions on TV are less melodramatic. Watch as it becomes as much a sandbox as the LoP games.

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and fr34ky
Aug 11, 2020
There is nothing wrong with properly implemented sandbox games. There are a couple of requirements though. You need a good interface with a clear indication where every character is located. You need either a hint system or a quest log so players don't get stuck. And you need a foolproof blueprint of the sandbox structure so you don't have any dead ends and infinite loops for players to get stuck in.

I think most people complaining here are conditioned into hating sandbox by playing all the shitty games on this site. Reminds me of the early days here when everybody hated RPGmaker because of all the shitty japanese and western games made in that engine.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I feel like sandbox games leave a bad taste because of all the grinding and unnecessary clicking.

Could just make a time of day system and let people experience whichever girl they like most without the grinding to unlock a new scene.

To make it so that the sandbox ins't wasted, he could make it so that the girls all do something in each time of day. So you don't encounter "she is not here/not available right now" messages that frustrate you and make you just pointlessly click the "skip time" button.

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
There is nothing wrong with properly implemented sandbox games. There are a couple of requirements though. You need a good interface with a clear indication where every character is located. You need either a hint system or a quest log so players don't get stuck. And you need a foolproof blueprint of the sandbox structure so you don't have any dead ends and infinite loops for players to get stuck in.

I think most people complaining here are conditioned into hating sandbox by playing all the shitty games on this site. Reminds me of the early days here when everybody hated RPGmaker because of all the shitty japanese and western games made in that engine.
There is nothing wrong with the idea of sandbox, you're right.
But the nature of the development of these games, the cyclic distribution of content and the way the content is being consumed by us is not very compatibile with sandboxes.
VN's are more forgiving in that regard since you can pretty much fashion them to play more like a TV series with each episode/update having a begining, the middle and the end. Which is much more enjoyable for the consumers who have to wait months for every episode.

Sandboxes development tends to be more hectic than that.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

In essence you're saying that, regardless of its structure, a quality implementation of a well designed game, provides a high quality experience. I agree with that to a degree. However the difficulty of accomplishing this with a sandbox is far greater than with a VN. Further all the work to create the features you describe as necessary to a properly implemented sandbox, reduces the resources available to produce a quality story with high quality imagery, renders, animations etc.

Sandboxes are inherently more difficult to code and debug. It's much more difficult to ensure that a bug doesn't strand the player in place from which he/she can't proceed. It's difficult for a player to determine if they've left some step out or have hit a bug.

Also it's worth remembering that one person's hint system is another person's puzzle palace. So in addition to a "hint system" you need a reasonably detailed walkthrough. Without the walkthrough many, perhaps most, people find it difficult to retain the context of exactly where they are with the various threads between updates. In other words, the walkthrough turns the sandbox into a VN where the player has the episodic responsibility to keep the progression consistent.

The three sandboxes that I enjoy playing have all the features you mention and among the most comprehensive walkthrough mods, made by the most experienced modders who contribute here. It is the combination of each game's hint system, and its walkthrough mod that make the 60-120 day update cycle tolerable.

Admittedly some of this is because we're consuming content while the game is in development, and if we waited to play only after the sandbox was fully completed and released in a final version, issues related to game continuity would be reduced if not eliminated. This is why I avoid sandbox in development, or at least until they are very near finished, and have rave reviews.

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes