4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if Stiglet is still with the game or is he no longer going to continue as creator.
For me it looks like he's going through some IRL stuff that doesn't allow him to continue and he'd probably want to continue but at the same time time is limited. Probably if he had unlimited income he'd be making updates without schedule.
When you are creating content it's insane the amount of time required and the pressure of delivering on a schedule, even if you are making good money.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
For me it looks like he's going through some IRL stuff that doesn't allow him to continue and he'd probably want to continue but at the same time time is limited. Probably if he had unlimited income he'd be making updates without schedule.
When you are creating content it's insane the amount of time required and the pressure of delivering on a schedule, even if you are making good money.
True and I am sure there are at least a few rl issues (as with most humans), but I think more so our Icarus just burned himself out. You could tell as much via his last postings. The longer you go without working on your game, the more difficult it is to start back up. And unless you already have script entirely written out, it would be a mighty struggle to get back into the same original story mindset after years away, not to mention any stagnation or degradation of coding/CG/animating/rendering skills. I do wish SoS would continue, but realistically, this project is over and has been for some time. :( Dev has likely moved on and so must I.

I sincerely appreciate devs like Stiglet who are honest with supporters and say, the juice is gone so I am stepping away. He easily could have milked this for the past couple of years, but he didn't. He let the people know his thoughts and promptly shut off Patreon billing. Good on him.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
TLG today made a surprise appearance in the A.O.A. thread. Maybe Stiglet will grace us with his presence to confirm he is still alive and to give us hope that this sandbox game or a more traditional VN might be forthcoming. Shit, I'll write the script if his renders return to our screens!

RichCS

Nov 22, 2023
Damn, Stiglet we need you Buddy, finish the project, you have a lot of people waiting for tour return, if you're alive you have to take charge.

Reactions: Hadgar

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
he does not use patreon since 2022

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Yes NLT is great for being punctual but Stiglet is the clear winner when it comes to better animation. NLT uses the same stock of character models throughout the games so there's just a monotonous tone to it all, especially now. NLT needs better animation.
I think Lust Epidemic was their peak, personally. I didn't even finish TON, gorgeous models but that's it.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
:rolleyes: People still think NLT is a group of people but it's only one person, that shows the distance between him and his competitors.
SOS renders are superior but what does that mean when there is only 2 updates and than the game dies ? experience of 20 min gameplay at best! Psychodelusional completed one game works now at his second which have the best quality i've ever witnessed does this make him a legend ? we are talking here about games not watching great images all day, if that would be the case we all should move to Slushe or Artstation. A great weg dev stands out by talent, story, animation, quality, quantity, reliability & stamina plus transparency. Completing one game with a lot of delays and not even officialy abandon the second one by suddenly disappear is nowhere near legendary. Stig is very talented with great fantasy but he lacks a lot of other important attributes to qualify as legend.

• Angry
Reactions: Sneed's and Balu83

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
:rolleyes: People still think NLT is a group of people but it's only one person, that shows the distance between him and his competitors.
His name is NLT media which implies it's a company which further implies that it's more than just one guy, that's where the confusion comes and not because his so brilliant and versatile with his skills that it's hard to believe there's only him.
He makes RPG maker games afterall, relax :LUL:.

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Balu83

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
His name is NLT media which implies it's a company which further implies that it's more than just one guy, that's where the confusion comes and not because his so brilliant and versatile with his skills that it's hard to believe there's only him.
He makes RPG maker games afterall, relax :LUL:.
NLT media: media made by NLT
a.png
RPGM doesn't mean it's a lot of work, don't know many other games that have so many animations renders like TON & TGO

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
NLT media: media made by NLT
View attachment 3142296
RPGM doesn't mean it's a lot of work, don't know many other games that have so many animations renders like TON & TGO
You completely missed my point, you used the fact that some people may adress him as "they" from time to time as a true testament of his greatness, nobody would ever fathom that such masterpiece can be achieved by just one man.
And all i said is that he's got a confusing name that might seem like it's a group and not a single guy.

Also i mean't the opposite with my RPG maker jab, it's easy to make a lot of sex scenes where that's pretty much all you have to do. All the buildup and dialogue is handled by an old engine, couple laughably easy puzzles to pad the runtime and a cardboard box cutout of a character floating above the dialogue box telling you where to go to see the next bland and boring sex scene that you probably already seen in his other games just this time the girl has a different name and hairstyle.

Reactions: Balu83 and Minx077

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
You completely missed my point, you used the fact that some people may adress him as "they" from time to time as a true testament of his greatness, nobody would ever fathom that such masterpiece can be achieved by just one man.
And all i said is that he's got a confusing name that might seem like it's a group and not a single guy.
One does not exclude the other, there are a lot of people who struggle to believe that it's only one person because most (if not all) other dev's need a lot longer to deliver NLT on the other hand holds his promises, always updates right on time never missed a deadline and at the same time his product is high quality

Also i mean't the opposite with my RPG maker jab, it's easy to make a lot of sex scenes where that's pretty much all you have to do. All the buildup and dialogue is handled by an old engine, couple laughably easy puzzles to pad the runtime and a cardboard box cutout of a character floating above the dialogue box telling you where to go to see the next bland and boring sex scene that you probably already seen in his other games just this time the girl has a different name and hairstyle.
Minigames in erotic games are often pretty shitty stuff, same in this case.
Daz models look copy paste aswell (i have to say that in the case of Stars Of Salvation the differences between models are really impressive) and Ren'py is nothing special old engine easy to code, the only thing what RPGM dev's save themselfs are the backgrounds, the fact that images are constantly displayed and distort their facial expressions during conversations also occur in NLT's projects.
So the only thing that requires more work are the backgrounds, which in most games never justify the crazy update cycles, especially when it comes to Daz made stuff although in hand-drawn games that would be a justification (in some way at least).
My main point is NLT always completes his projects and that in a reasonable time, TGO is his fifth title and it will be finished early next year and the next game will follow up without delays that's how he handles his stuff.
What's the point of something that looks better but is canceled right from the start ?
Stiglet simply cooked hotter than he can eat. A good dev should know his limits and have a certain foresight.

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
One does not exclude the other, there are a lot of people who struggle to believe that it's only one person because most (if not all) other dev's need a lot longer to deliver NLT on the other hand holds his promises, always updates right on time never missed a deadline and at the same time his product is high quality

Minigames in erotic games are often pretty shitty stuff, same in this case.
Daz models look copy paste aswell (i have to say that in the case of Stars Of Salvation the differences between models are really impressive) and Ren'py is nothing special old engine easy to code, the only thing what RPGM dev's save themselfs are the backgrounds, the fact that images are constantly displayed and distort their facial expressions during conversations also occur in NLT's projects.
So the only thing that requires more work are the backgrounds, which in most games never justify the crazy update cycles, especially when it comes to Daz made stuff although in hand-drawn games that would be a justification (in some way at least).
My main point is NLT always completes his projects and that in a reasonable time, TGO is his fifth title and it will be finished early next year and the next game will follow up without delays that's how he handles his stuff.
What's the point of something that looks better but is canceled right from the start ?
Stiglet simply cooked hotter than he can eat. A good dev should know his limits and have a certain foresight.
You know the whole "adult games on patreon" business is severely fucked up when we start praising a guy for "completing his games" and "having updates always on time" when it's given anywhere else.

But i agree, cutting corners isn't always a bad thing, people who prefer getting frequent updates for a price of shitty blurry background during a sex scene probably know what they like best and don't need to hear what i've got to say, but the problem is that you came here and started lecturing everyone that they should enjoy one game over the other when those are two completely different types of experiences and are not really comparable.

And it's not just about the backgrounds or minigames. I for one prefer immersion over more runtime and sheer quantity of sex scenes.
And you can't really immerse yourself when you're thrown into a RPG maker map every 30 seconds just to push a Jpeg of a Main Character across multiple screens to find keys and backtrack all the way to unlock a chest that contains a sex scene.

I'm sure you would agree with me that even a rumour of a fine game is better than 10 completed games that are not to your liking. And if not then i'd advise you to go look at the gay/furry section of this site as you might discover that it contains many games and developers that could even excede your expectations as to what is a good dev/game. But i would prefer you didn't go around the forums spreading that stuff and let people enjoy what they enjoy the most.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
You know the whole "adult games on patreon" business is severely fucked up when we start praising a guy for "completing his games" and "having updates always on time" when it's given anywhere else.
Right but we have to compare things according to the status quo and if you look around you will hardly find anyone better (overall).
Sure the current weg dev work ethic is horrible: takes way to long getting updates 2 or 3 times a year is a crazy especially when the new builds are tiny.

But i agree, cutting corners isn't always a bad thing, people who prefer getting frequent updates for a price of shitty blurry background during a sex scene probably know what they like best and don't need to hear what i've got to say, but the problem is that you came here and started lecturing everyone that they should enjoy one game over the other when those are two completely different types of experiences and are not really comparable.
You frame the whole thing in a completely different direction, my point was that Stiglet can't be a legend because he only completed one game with a lot of delays, started his next after half a year dump one update gone away came back dump 0.2 write a long post that he is overworked he need time out (again) than he write a post early may of last year that he will continue his work but this time slower and since than over a year and a half he is (to this day) radio silent.
If that's the measure of greatness then goodnight

And it's not just about the backgrounds or minigames. I for one prefer immersion over more runtime and sheer quantity of sex scenes.
And you can't really immerse yourself when you're thrown into a RPG maker map every 30 seconds just to push a Jpeg of a Main Character across multiple screens to find keys and backtrack all the way to unlock a chest that contains a sex scene.
How can the game be immersive if it have only 10-20 min duration ? in order to immerse yourself in the action, you need a little more (i do at least).
Gotcha you don't like rpgm games okay than what about BaDik which was updated today ? yeah it took long but it's a massive update and Philly doesn't hide like Stig did & do but instead works on his product or how about City Of Broken Dreamers awesome render quality animation
But of course you are right even they take too much time and it shouldn't be anything special that they work on there games & complete it but in the current context they are pretty good and miles ahead of unreliable devs like Stig.

I'm sure you would agree with me that even a rumour of a fine game is better than 10 completed games that are not to your liking. And if not then i'd advise you to go look at the gay/furry section of this site as you might discover that it contains many games and developers that could even excede your expectations as to what is a good dev/game. But i would prefer you didn't go around the forums spreading that stuff and let people enjoy what they enjoy the most.
Hard to enjoy something that ends just as quickly as it started
If you're only main point is that this game has more potential than TGO or TON then of course i agree with you but that's just theory. In practice, this project is a pile of rubble.
If we go by that, we would have to say that Milfy City was the state of the art when it came out but what's the point if the new updates have been postponed for months or even years in the meantime the game looks dated and yet at least Icstor completed his project let's hope Stig will aswell (which is it's pretty unrealistic)
Came up with sober numbers only to red pill the crowd how does the saying go ? numbers don't lie!

Reactions: Draverik
4.70 star(s) 39 Votes