drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Yo, doc!
I was doing some research for my own story, and this caught my attention. Any connection? :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yep, wholly intentional. Within the deep lore, Earth's capitol is in the middle east in one of the cradles of civilization, near the borders of Iraq, Iran, and Kuwait. This is after the United Earth Empire was formed and was picked as a kinda of a symbolic callback to one of the birthplaces of human civilization. That's why a lot of the ships are Sumerian gods, Inanna, Enki, Asur, etc.

Though it's not a hard and fast rule (We have the ISS Miranda, the ISS Cairo, etc). And there are other cradles of civilization on Earth which have major regional capitols as a result as well. Just not as big.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Neato! So do the Nations/Factions back on Earth correspond to the other cradles, or is that symbolism unique to the Capitol?

Also, I remember wondering: in this hypothetical Factions model of governance - what are the foundations for the factions? What are the beliefs that unite them? After all, Nations are a form of faction based on Geography and Culture.

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
View attachment 1899545

By the way, how's the next release coming along?
Next release is technically the codex, which is coming along and it will be going through testing soon before release (also includes some minor rewrites/corrections in all episodes plus adding unlock points everywhere for codex info and such). As for Episode 10, it's moving, but the codex was the main thing for the past little while.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Starship Inanna [9.0.5] (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux (919 MB/ 575 MB) : , ,

Last edited:

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Wait, this game came out in 2016? I always thought that it was out longer. Or at least that's how it felt like for me. I remember playing back when the art wasn't upgraded. I can't remember the chapter, but I think it was 4 or 5 where the art had a massive leap. I think it was around the time when there were a few paths you could go through the game such that you could encounter a bug where, because of your path, you never established your family so when the story tried to make a call for that information, you would get a game crash.

Reactions: supermanz95

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
imho characters looked better before.

i played just because of the futa alien girl... gived up as soon as she changed (the story also changed at that point. imho, good old version was better inall points. idk of graphisms... that doesn't make a game a "good game" to me.)

Reactions: supermanz95

InDarkLove

Dec 10, 2022
View attachment 416247

Overview:
Starship Inanna is a visual novel game being developed by The Mad Doctors in the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine. At it's core it is a Choose Your Own Adventure style story set in a sci-fi universe akin to Star Trek or Mass Effect.

Thread Updated: 2022-01-10
Release Date: 2022-01-06
Developer: The Mad Doctors - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 9.0.5
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Patreon Codes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - -
Mac: - MEGA - -
Others: UNOFFICIAL ANDROID* - TORRENT -
COMPRESSED*

Extra:

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 128600 View attachment 128601 View attachment 128602 View attachment 128603 View attachment 128604 View attachment 128605 View attachment 128606 View attachment 128607
We love this game so much!
By far, it is among Top 10 Best on this foum with thousands of games!

LaS-fan.gif

adam_beast

Jan 4, 2019
False positives are fairly common with Renpy, more common with some AV than others.
I used clean my mac app, and it poped up with info that zip contained something dangerous, and when i klicked to fix it it moved to trash. When i moved it back now it does not trigger the scanner anymore. Weird.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes