Unity StationMaster 2 [v0.8.2 Patreon] [StationmasterDev]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I'm back motherfuckers!

In all seriousness, thanks all. I highly recommend that someone upload 0.2, because 0.1 alpha was basically a shitty tech demo, and missing basic stuff like "working economy."

I think this has the potential to be more stable than SM1, though IDK if it's there yet (hard to compare at this stage). It is basically rewritten from the ground up (IIRC, the only major system that was ported over was the parsing engine for the dialogue, though it has the architectural improvements from Exalted). The code of SM1 basically became an impossible clusterfuck, and I'm pretty sure that fixing it would have taken longer than this rewrite.

The assignment UI is definitely a work in progress. The plan is to add checkboxes next to all the rows in the list, and let you assign them in batch with the filters. That should make it work sort of like an ad-hoc version of the rules assistant, without making you assign each one individually (as someone with bad tendons, I empathize).

Dating-sim-esque quests associated with specific characters were actually a voting option this time, that they got beat out by clothing and hair options (IIRC they were the runner-up though). I would expect them to be a pretty early patch. I was planning on implementing it before initial release, but ran out of time. The plan is to have a new assignment called "harem" that takes them out of the standard rotation, and lets you train them with an event chain that's determined by their background and a choice of whether to be kind or brutal. I think there are twelve backgrounds (president, innocent, middle-class, soldier, etc) in all, making 24 totally distinct event chains, each of which gets you a different bonus when completed.

Looking forward to embarking on this project, and keep the bug reports coming. I took a break from this site for a while while I was focusing on development, but I generally read every comment here.

frenchfry

Apr 23, 2017
I'm back motherfuckers!

In all seriousness, thanks all. I highly recommend that someone upload 0.2, because 0.1 alpha was basically a shitty tech demo, and missing basic stuff like "working economy."

I think this has the potential to be more stable than SM1, though IDK if it's there yet (hard to compare at this stage). It is basically rewritten from the ground up (IIRC, the only major system that was ported over was the parsing engine for the dialogue, though it has the architectural improvements from Exalted). The code of SM1 basically became an impossible clusterfuck, and I'm pretty sure that fixing it would have taken longer than this rewrite.

The assignment UI is definitely a work in progress. The plan is to add checkboxes next to all the rows in the list, and let you assign them in batch with the filters. That should make it work sort of like an ad-hoc version of the rules assistant, without making you assign each one individually (as someone with bad tendons, I empathize).

Dating-sim-esque quests associated with specific characters were actually a voting option this time, that they got beat out by clothing and hair options (IIRC they were the runner-up though). I would expect them to be a pretty early patch. I was planning on implementing it before initial release, but ran out of time. The plan is to have a new assignment called "harem" that takes them out of the standard rotation, and lets you train them with an event chain that's determined by their background and a choice of whether to be kind or brutal. I think there are twelve backgrounds (president, innocent, middle-class, soldier, etc) in all, making 24 totally distinct event chains, each of which gets you a different bonus when completed.

Looking forward to embarking on this project, and keep the bug reports coming. I took a break from this site for a while while I was focusing on development, but I generally read every comment here.
Any chance of eventually allowing modded events to be put in? the game is kind of perfect for it with the way the endless slave loop is structured and might give the game more substance while you develop the features around it. been playing SM1 to death and am glad to see the performance being good on SM2. Hope to see you check in with us more, god knows not all of us post.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
frenchfry Good news about that! The modding functionality is part of the dialog parsing engine, which is the one piece that's pretty much unchanged from SM1. Mod events that worked in SM1 should also work in SM2, and the API is extended, but fundamentally unchanged.

That doesn't apply to the inspection screen, which is no longer driven by the dialog parser. Modding that will be trickier.

frenchfry

Apr 23, 2017
frenchfry Good news about that! The modding functionality is part of the dialog parsing engine, which is the one piece that's pretty much unchanged from SM1. Mod events that worked in SM1 should also work in SM2, and the API is extended, but fundamentally unchanged.

That doesn't apply to the inspection screen, which is no longer driven by the dialog parser. Modding that will be trickier.

Thank you for confirming. very much appreciate the reply.
i'll toy around a little with the traits until i go over the events and how they are set up.
love what you've done so far in SM1 & 2 and hope to see it in it's full glory eventually.

Zelvik

Apr 22, 2021
He actually did finish the previous attempt, he put out a final version, it just ended up bringing back some of the more annoying bugs that he kept having to repeatedly squash whenever they came back from the dead.

It did, from what he said, he's been working to fix that with this attempt.

Assuming it ever does without someone else making it, he's on Patreon.

He admitted in the thread for the original that he made some mistakes early on that became too much of a hassle to fix by the final version, making this a better option.

I'm not sure you can get better graphics with what he's using, he's using what look to be DAZ models (again), which in my experience is exactly the issue graphically.

He did fix them, but every attempt at fixing bugs dug up old ones in a cycle that never seemed to end. That clothing issue with the citizens and tourists in the first was a major example of this, he would fix it only for it to come back when he moved to add another feature or fix.

Basically, from what he said, yeah. It is a ground up remake, basically none of the old code even exists here.

An entire rework from the ground up in the code is the biggest change, there is basically nothing of the old game under the hood. This allows him to not make the early mistakes that made some of the issues basically unfixable in the original by the time the final version came out.

Every time he would fix something, another thing would break, usually something he had already fixed before. Then there were some things where some early design choices made fixing them almost impossible. A complete code overhaul was the right call here and that is exactly what he did.

Yes and no, this is a completely new game under the hood. He has stated in the other thread that he basically reworked the code from the ground up.

It is a 0.1, that's usually the case. It's a miracle if a 0.1 is not a buggy mess somewhere along the line.

He's reworking it completely, none of the old code exists from what he said in the other thread. This allows him to fix some of the really bad issues that were in the original throughout all of its development as he can make it so they never happen. This includes the animations, which were one of his bad design choices that snowballed into an impossible issue by the end of development in the original.

With this being a ground up rework, I hope he makes said sex scenes in a way that doesn't include the poor choice that caused the issue in the original.

There was an issue that kept popping up where the game would slow down over time, even with default caps. Hopefully that doesn't happen in this one.

I think there might have been the opposite complaint in the first one, meaning that this might be intentional as a result.

To be fair, he tried to fix what he could, which were mostly performance issues, but every fix caused a different bug to reappear. By my count, that clothing not appearing on the citizens issue happened three separate times and the memory leak that caused the game to slow down over time happened twice, including the final version. In this one, he has the ability to not make any of his early mistakes that were already made by the final version of the original since this is a ground up code rework. That means potentially not seeing most of the long standing bugs from the original or the results of some early design choices like with the sex scenes. The original is also not unplayable nor was it abandoned, he did what he set out to do and moved on, leaving what he could not fix behind.

The first was ambitious, so is this one, and yeah, I also believe he works alone. I agree on most of what you said for what you want to see and it would be nice to get a bit more in the battle aspect as well instead of just doing it where they basically go out and conquer planets behind the scenes, even if we only get to watch the battles. I know that's asking a lot, basically asking for RTS style gameplay without the interactions, but it would be pretty cool.

I think all of his games had the screaming, didn't they? I know SM1 did for any slave that was not obedient or broken. I had to turn my volume way down because of it.
You seem to know an awful lot about what he is doing. Are you his spokes person or are you another fan that is just assuming all of this? Because you are very assertive in what you are claiming he is going to do or what he is doing. I am not being dismissive of you, I am just curious is all.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You seem to know an awful lot about what he is doing. Are you his spokes person or are you another fan that is just assuming all of this? Because you are very assertive in what you are claiming he is going to do or what he is doing. I am not being dismissive of you, I am just curious is all.
I was in the original Stationmaster thread when he specifically did those things and then said he did, he is a user on this site. I'm just echoing things that he has said himself.

Reactions: Obsidian01

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Special thanks to alex2011 for doing the community management for me. We have no real affiliation, but everything he said is pretty close to spot on (though he seems to have the ridiculous notion that I have any idea what I'm doing).

Oh, and I work alone aside from some contract animations (and occasional editing help from the wife). Not sure if that counts.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Special thanks to alex2011 for doing the community management for me. We have no real affiliation, but everything he said is pretty close to spot on (though he seems to have the ridiculous notion that I have any idea what I'm doing).

Oh, and I work alone aside from some contract animations (and occasional editing help from the wife). Not sure if that counts.
Happy to help

ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
i know its really really early stage but when i try to fuck a girl there where no controls like in the first game and the MC penis looked broken the tip was bend 90° upwards,lack of controls in menü like sound or windowed instead fullscreen would be really nice,start is hard money is always a issue

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
StationMaster 2 [Alpha 0.1] [StationmasterDev] - Original Size: 2,05GB (5,43GB Unpacked)

Download PC (1,3GB):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Let me know if this repack work fine .

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsidian01

jk42

Nov 3, 2017
I know that. That's only a post with a repacked version that is saving 700mb traffic. Some persons have slow internet speeds and find it perhaps useful.

Easy way to get the 0.2. You must only subscribe at patreon and you have it :KEK:
StationmasterDev is looking for someone to upload 0.2 for him.

marissa1mei3

Aug 12, 2019
anyone who has bought the game can share on whether 0.2 is worth the money? :unsure:

Rly enjoyed stationmaster 1 but if it is as laggy as that then my pc (which is trash) won't be able to run it

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes