Feb 1, 2018
I used to be able to play the game. I still can play one of the older versions but now the newer version, I can't even play because the game keeps on freezing. I can get to the mian menu just fine but as soon as I am done with the character creation, I can't do shit. Somebody explain things to me.

bicobus

Sep 15, 2019
I really appreciate the number of bug reports. Get 'em in now, because this is probably going to be the last patch (and it's basically just bug fixes).
Not bug report, but usability issues:

All list based selection might need to be revisited to see if an inventory of icons might not fit better. For example with the hair style: show me a list of styles instead of a list of names. Same for the clothes.

The list of slaves is, as said above, just a list. It's not very useful as is, especially when the number of workers is above 10. Suggestions:
  • Enable filtering by name / occupation
  • Provide an inventory of rooms instead of a list of slaves. Each room has a vignette with their occupancy and other useful stats. Every vignette can then be displayed to the player for a neat overview of the station. On left click on the room vignette, prop up the list of affected workers. Other buttons per vignette could exists to:
    • go to the room
    • list the slaves
    • expense/income stats & graphs

Whenever the game tells the player that a slave is assigned to a job, but that job has no free spot available, we are left to manually find that toon. It would be great to either have a facility to automatically select the slave or have a default job they can fallback to while waiting for the player to build more room.

Room Service assignments almost always complaint about a lack of job, even though there are plenty. What is Room Service anyway?

Allow me to drag&drop to move around the map using middle click instead of left click. I'm tired of selecting stuff whenever I want to move.

An inactive slave is an unneeded slave. There is always job available, so if none are available in their current assignment make them find a job with vacancy. Room service, decoration are good fallbacks.

Reactions: StationmasterDev

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not bug report, but usability issues:

All list based selection might need to be revisited to see if an inventory of icons might not fit better. For example with the hair style: show me a list of styles instead of a list of names. Same for the clothes.

The list of slaves is, as said above, just a list. It's not very useful as is, especially when the number of workers is above 10. Suggestions:
  • Enable filtering by name / occupation
  • Provide an inventory of rooms instead of a list of slaves. Each room has a vignette with their occupancy and other useful stats. Every vignette can then be displayed to the player for a neat overview of the station. On left click on the room vignette, prop up the list of affected workers. Other buttons per vignette could exists to:
    • go to the room
    • list the slaves
    • expense/income stats & graphs

Whenever the game tells the player that a slave is assigned to a job, but that job has no free spot available, we are left to manually find that toon. It would be great to either have a facility to automatically select the slave or have a default job they can fallback to while waiting for the player to build more room.

Room Service assignments almost always complaint about a lack of job, even though there are plenty. What is Room Service anyway?

Allow me to drag&drop to move around the map using middle click instead of left click. I'm tired of selecting stuff whenever I want to move.

An inactive slave is an unneeded slave. There is always job available, so if none are available in their current assignment make them find a job with vacancy. Room service, decoration are good fallbacks.
Room service is literally house call prostitution. Instead of going to the brothel, the whore comes to you. As far as movement, you don't have to select anything to move, all you need is an empty space to click on and it won't select anything. An empty space includes any that an NPC has just left or is just moving onto. Slaves are not meant to have free will, they follow your command, so they go where you assign them. Having them choose, even as a default to fall back on in case their assignment has no open slots, is an act of free will. Also, if the assignment is full, there is the option of creating more slots in their current assignment. There's also the issue with your specific fall back assignment examples, a player may not want their slaves to prostitute at all, so decoration and room service are both out for those players by choice and forcing those as a fall back would put them off. I am one of them, I keep the named slaves to myself, except slaves I explicitly keep as a sacrifice to events like the one where you get the Sword of Entropy, the insomnia event, or, if I can ever get them to pop up, the Fae events, and leave the prostitution to the fuckdolls. Absolutely nothing in a game like this should be forced for any reason except a game over on achieving a loss condition.

toni7

Jun 29, 2020
Wined3d fixes the furry issue.
If you are on linux, make sure to also install arial fonts (and for fixing the UI not responding).

But 0.30a broke penis settings.
As opposed to 0.29 where at least they were somehow saved globally per-gender.

Last edited:

bicobus

Sep 15, 2019
As far as movement, you don't have to select anything to move, all you need is an empty space to click on and it won't select anything.
Nah, whenever I right click it selects the whole floor. Yes, you can select floors, that's a facility to build rooms furnitures.

Slaves are not meant to have free will, they follow your command, so they go where you assign them.
And I don't want to micromanage everybody. Have the "system" automatically assign them as decoration or whatever while I build more space.

Also, if the assignment is full, there is the option of creating more slots in their current assignment.
Never saw that, don't know how to do it. I just build bigger rooms and add more furnitures.

There's also the issue with your specific fall back assignment examples, a player may not want their slaves to prostitute at all
Fall back job can and should be configured to whatever you want.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Nah, whenever I right click it selects the whole floor. Yes, you can select floors, that's a facility to build rooms furnitures.

And I don't want to micromanage everybody. Have the "system" automatically assign them as decoration or whatever while I build more space.

Never saw that, don't know how to do it. I just build bigger rooms and add more furnitures.

Fall back job can and should be configured to whatever you want.
This is a game that is entirely built around micromanagement and there is no need to assign a slave to another job while you expand, the system will automatically put them in the next available slot even if they were on the assignment when you expand. You just found your own answer on how to open more slots, just expand the room and add more of the item the job requires. Not sure why you're right clicking to move, right click is to rotate the camera, I bump into it all the time and it triggers me when I can't line the stupid thing back up as it was. To move is left click, then drag. On your specific examples, I was talking about the assignments that you listed specifically, that room service and decoration specifically would be out for any player who doesn't want to prostitute slaves. It would have to be something else that nobody objects to like serving the player in some way, the spa, or training.

bicobus

Sep 15, 2019
This is a game that is entirely built around micromanagement and there is no need to assign a slave to another job while you expand, the system will automatically put them in the next available slot even if they were on the assignment when you expand. You just found your own answer on how to open more slots, just expand the room and add more of the item the job requires. Not sure why you're right clicking to move, right click is to rotate the camera, I bump into it all the time and it triggers me when I can't line the stupid thing back up as it was. To move is left click, then drag. On your specific examples, I was talking about the assignments that you listed specifically, that room service and decoration specifically would be out for any player who doesn't want to prostitute slaves. It would have to be something else that nobody objects to like serving the player in some way, the spa, or training.
Meant left click, my brain often switch the two when I talk about them because my mouse is in my right hand. I disagree about the micro, there is useful micro and just badly designed stuff. Can't buy a bulk of slaves because:
  1. a pain to track them all
  2. a pain to assign them all to a useful space
The interface is just not there to support bulk actions. The ability to manage specific and peculiar slaves shouldn't be allowed to the detriment of the game at the macro level. Right now, managing slaves is a pain in the ass, not because it's difficult but because it takes a long time to find the character and send them where they need to be. The rule assistant, that way, is also pointless as it cannot understand the limits on job availability: will be happy to send all 20 characters in the spa even though there are only 4 slots open in that room.

The rule assistant shouldn't need to be specific either, you tell it "i don't want slaves to be prostitute" plus "I want theses jobs to be filled at all time", and it'll automatically assign the appropriate slave to the appropriate job based on your liking. But that doesn't rob you from managing a specific character, which would automatically put that character in "manual" mode. When dealing with a bunch of characters to manage, it's easier to have the bulk automated and to only list the ones you actively care about.

I remember playing dungeon keeper, in which you had to manage your dungeon and not the creatures living in it. You could, to a certain extend, force the creatures to do a specific task like training or eating, but that was it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Meant left click, my brain often switch the two when I talk about them because my mouse is in my right hand. I disagree about the micro, there is useful micro and just badly designed stuff. Can't buy a bulk of slaves because:
  1. a pain to track them all
  2. a pain to assign them all to a useful space
The interface is just not there to support bulk actions. The ability to manage specific and peculiar slaves shouldn't be allowed to the detriment of the game at the macro level. Right now, managing slaves is a pain in the ass, not because it's difficult but because it takes a long time to find the character and send them where they need to be. The rule assistant, that way, is also pointless as it cannot understand the limits on job availability: will be happy to send all 20 characters in the spa even though there are only 4 slots open in that room.

The rule assistant shouldn't need to be specific either, you tell it "i don't want slaves to be prostitute" plus "I want theses jobs to be filled at all time", and it'll automatically assign the appropriate slave to the appropriate job based on your liking. But that doesn't rob you from managing a specific character, which would automatically put that character in "manual" mode. When dealing with a bunch of characters to manage, it's easier to have the bulk automated and to only list the ones you actively care about.

I remember playing dungeon keeper, in which you had to manage your dungeon and not the creatures living in it. You could, to a certain extend, force the creatures to do a specific task like training or eating, but that was it.
Been there, the brain switching it up part, it happens. As far as bulk assignment and tracking, I just realized I forgot about one mechanic because I literally never use it. There is a rules assistant mechanic that will automatically do as programmed on any applicable slave. This would effectively make the idea of the slave doing things without player input by your order because you program it, therefore fitting into the context of not giving the slave any sense of free will. You still need to update jobs that reach their capacity with more slots yourself, that isn't fixable, but, like I said earlier, the slave will automatically go to work when they have a slot even if they were already assigned.

pac1234

Dec 12, 2018
Is it me that there are too many slave events? I rarely go the markets, because there are so many events to recruit from.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is it me that there are too many slave events? I rarely go the markets, because there are so many events to recruit from.
There's no such thing, especially with multiple that require that you give up a slave to complete.

Obsidian01

Modder
Jan 5, 2018
"Release 0.30a: Approaching the End"

Here you Go my Friends,

A Quality Update from our Lord and Savior DEV.

As with every Update and for maybe new Users dont forget to put your Extreme Content Mod in the directory where the Stationmaster.exe is ^^ (Only the ExtremeContent.mod file in the same root as the Stationmaster.exe)

Extreme Content (ALL Releases Forever !) - (Link from Post)

Extreme Content

And now with every Update i will Feature the awesome Mod Collection from grev and Shurutsue . Try it!

Stationmaster Mod Collection

Hey all,

This patch is almost entirely a stability update, but does add a way to convert slaves into dolls and a new event. More significantly, it clears almost all of the bugs from my board (I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll find some more before the end though).

If all goes according to plan, the next Stationmaster patch will be 1.0. That feels weird even to type, and I'm sure hitting that publish button is going to be difficult.

The bad news is that Quid Pro Quo is seeing some delays due to current events. I'm considering releasing 0.1 with an improved version of Stationmaster's animation system and replacing it later just so people can start playing it sooner, but we'll see. As with everything in in interesting times, there are a lot of unknowns.

Also, I've switched to multipart archives to get around Mega's download limits. Make sure you download both parts for your platform before extracting.

Download
Note: All downloads have multi-part versions now for people who are running into issues with MEGA. Download them both to the same folder and extract the first one with 7-Zip. Doing that will automatically pick up the files from the other one.

The full and multi-part versions are otherwise the same, so there's no need to download both.

"Obsidian says: Only Posted Full Mega Link"

Windows 0.30a:

Windows

MacOS 0.30a: (YMMV as always)

MacOS

Linux 0.30a:

Linux

Changelog
New Furniture: Cybernetics Chamber

The cybernetics chamber can be unlocked by research and built in the laboratory. It allows you to convert slaves into dolls (either through the inspection screen or in the rules assistant).

Other Enhancements

• Improved sex animations. They're still not great, but they're getting about as good as I can make them with the current architecture.
  • New event and artifact for the golden space dick.
Tutorial

• You can no longer leave the slave market before buying a slave
  • All slaves purchased during the tutorial are now obedient.
  • The pillar tutorial is now a notification instead of a whole long process.
  • Several bug fixes, listed later.
Bugfixes

• I was never able to replicate the bug that intermittently corrupted UI text, but I made a change that might fix it. Please let me know if you still experience it.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "Bovine Aspirations" event to fail spectacularly.
  • Fixed a bug that stopped surgery from applying.
  • Fixed the description on the "Warp Gate" research.
  • Speed training is now appropriately capped, and won't let your slaves access the Speed Force.
  • Fixed a bug that caused slaves to enter training exhausted.
  • The training screen now respects mindbroken/corrupted/devoted/insane modifiers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused strange and intermittent issues with the "Previous Slave" button.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the slave list to show the species as "Mixed" for single-species slaves under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to enter an inescapable state when you pressed the "Finished" button on the training screen.
  • The rules assistant should be able to correctly apply the obedience serum (I received a report that it didn't, but tested it and it worked fine, so I'm claiming credit).
  • Fixed alignment of tutorial highlights on the build panel and galaxy map.
  • Fixed missing vignette for sensory noise implant.
  • Characters no longer orgasm from giving blowjobs.
  • Fixed a bug that stopped the combat tutorial from showing properly.
  • Fixed several bugs that caused tutorial messages to be skipped.
  • Cleaned up several bits of outdated information in the tutorial.
  • Fixed several bugs that caused missing highlights in the tutorial.

Obsidian says :

Everyone a good Playthrough and Testing to made this game more Awesome ^^

Thanks again to everyone and Please Pledge if you can afford it.

And Thanks again to DEV for this Awesome Release.

So Nobody Updated the Thread to get more Attention to 0.30a? Ive expected more from F-95 ^^ Can someone tell the Mods about the Update? Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: Lexxx

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
So Nobody Updated the Thread to get more Attention to 0.30a? Ive expected more from F-95 ^^ Can someone tell the Mods about the Update? Thanks in Advance.
For info - anyone can report a game update. Just click on the "! Report" button on the bottom left, and then click the "new game update" option. People tend to think that option is just for reporting inappropriate content, but it's not.

Anyway, I've reported it - hopefully the OP will be updated soon. And thanks for sharing. :D

Thomas01

Jan 26, 2020
Its a great concept and it looks good if your not in a sex animation but the game is just super complicated and hard to figure out and the sex animations are so buggy that i cant even tell there having sex. its a great game if you look past that though.

Anon4990

Nov 12, 2016
Is there going to be some sort of resolution to the current "main events" such as Entropy drama next update or are you planning on continuing it only in the game's second iteration after releasing QPQ?

Love your game by the way. Sometimes It kinda reminds me of some twisted dwarf fortress campaigns I've taken back in the day

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I had a pretty detailed plan for Entropy's justification and history, but scrapped it because learning the why is always unsatisfying for eldritch horrors.

As far as canon goes, you can only speculate about what Entropy's origin and motivations are, and I probably won't elaborate more than that.

wulver

Jul 30, 2018
Last time I tried this game (3 updates ago) it put a lot of stress on my graphics card (fans going full blast and heat continually rising) despite lowering the graphics quality, anyone else have this?

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes