WKard

Sep 23, 2019
I've tryed a new games and i encountered 2 recurrent bugs each time:
- When i research for more level in the pillar structure, the new ones tend to disappear when loading a save (with strange result, last time i made my stock in the last ones my count said worder 600/50, bioreactore 600/50)
- I don't know what cause this one but it's the more problematic as it break the game and appear randomly when loading a save. Sometime at loading my economy go crazy, automatic -30+ billions and losing almost 1 billion/30sec. If i try to load a save which i know was working before (like one i loaded 10 min prior and worked) sometime the same thing happens on this save to. Not sure what can cause that as each time it happened, i was doing something different on the save (buiding, conquering, modify slaves...).

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Hello, WKard's mention of the pillar structure made me realise something: I have nothing in the Upgrade section of the Station Management window, which is where, I suppose, we are able to buy those additional levels we research (to be honest, I researched this part of the research trees never interested me and I only researched every part of it after doing the others, without bothering to read their effets).

I am playing with version 0.24 now, but I don't think I ever got the upgrade options available. Is it normal? If so, where am I supposed to buy those new pillar levels?

WKard

Sep 23, 2019
to have bought them, when you complete this research, you can access them in the pillar, you can go under the 4th original floor... unless as i am, you reloaded your save before buying them, there i think the "new" ones dissappear as i said.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
to have bought them, when you complete this research, you can access them in the pillar, you can go under the 4th original floor... unless as i am, you reloaded your save before buying them, there i think the "new" ones dissappear as i said.
The problem is that I never bought them. I researched them (all research are complete, so), but I never saw any entry in the Station Upgrade box, in the Station management window to buy any level. But since I did not read the descriptions correctly, if the option appeared only once if one stopped playing then reloaded, yeah, I definitely lost them. A long time ago... (not that I really need them, I'm already at full capacity for tourists, it's just I'd like to have everything... :) )

And if, by pillar, you mean the transparent section in the middle of the station, then clicking on it only offers me options to "build" using the hall furniture.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The problem is that I never bought them. I researched them (all research are complete, so), but I never saw any entry in the Station Upgrade box, in the Station management window to buy any level. But since I did not read the descriptions correctly, if the option appeared only once if one stopped playing then reloaded, yeah, I definitely lost them. A long time ago... (not that I really need them, I'm already at full capacity for tourists, it's just I'd like to have everything... :) )

And if, by pillar, you mean the transparent section in the middle of the station, then clicking on it only offers me options to "build" using the hall furniture.
From what I can tell, research doesn't get added to the station upgrades list, only the special traits of faction leaders do, like Raza gives a boost to monetary jobs and Tyrant gives a boost to military. These are earned through an event specific to faction leader slaves. You use the scroll wheel to get into the pillar and click the blue wrench icon to build each facility. The second set of pillar structures you get through research is automatic.

Last edited:

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
From what I can tell, research doesn't get added to the station upgrades list, only the special traits of faction leaders do, like Raza gives a boost to monetary jobs and Tyrant gives a boost to military. These are earned through an event specific to faction leader slaves. You use the scroll wheel to get into the pillar and click the blue wrench icon to build each facility. The second set of pillar structures you get through research is automatic.
Okay... Now, I got it. Thank you. Not sure what they bring exactly, but, well, at least, now, everything is fully developed. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

IffyTastes

Oct 9, 2019
Hey all, I'm trying my hand at modding in some custom events (I'm sicker even than StationmasterDev, so I'm adding a few even more brutal ones for the arena now). As such I had a few questions:
  1. Is there a list of tags and conditions anywhere? I found several mentioned here and there, but no comprehensive list. For instance,
  2. Is there a way to force an event to trigger? I'd like to test them to make sure they work? If I temporarily delete all the base ones, will that force the new one's to fire more often (assuming the conditions are met)? Or does each event fire with independent frequency? I can't find where to set event frequencies anywhere.
  3. This is probably more basic Unity, but is there a way to drag a second character into the the context of a previous slave's event. I want an event to rig a match, so I can fire the event on {assignment Arena}, but can I use SelectSlaveBy or something to find a second arena fighter?

Reactions: pdpdpd and mazqaz

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
1: Most of them are at , but there was a document floating around the Discord a while ago that had a more complete list.
2: Deleting existing events will work. All events currently fire with the same frequency (with the exception of UniqueEnslavementEvents, which fire a fixed 1% of the time).
3: There isn't one yet, but I might add it one of these patches.

Reactions: IffyTastes

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
Hey all, I'm trying my hand at modding in some custom events (I'm sicker even than StationmasterDev, so I'm adding a few even more brutal ones for the arena now). As such I had a few questions:
  1. Is there a list of tags and conditions anywhere? I found several mentioned here and there, but no comprehensive list. For instance,
  2. Is there a way to force an event to trigger? I'd like to test them to make sure they work? If I temporarily delete all the base ones, will that force the new one's to fire more often (assuming the conditions are met)? Or does each event fire with independent frequency? I can't find where to set event frequencies anywhere.
  3. This is probably more basic Unity, but is there a way to drag a second character into the the context of a previous slave's event. I want an event to rig a match, so I can fire the event on {assignment Arena}, but can I use SelectSlaveBy or something to find a second arena fighter?
Good luck, lord knows mods are always welcome in games because more content is always better.

Reactions: pdpdpd

pdpdpd

Apr 14, 2019
Can the events be related to what actually happens? I don't have slaves assigned in Arena, but I have random events related to it. :)

IffyTastes

Oct 9, 2019
1: Most of them are at , but there was a document floating around the Discord a while ago that had a more complete list.
2: Deleting existing events will work. All events currently fire with the same frequency (with the exception of UniqueEnslavementEvents, which fire a fixed 1% of the time).
3: There isn't one yet, but I might add it one of these patches.
Thanks, that helps. So a RNG figures out when some event should fire and it then just picks randomly from a list of valid ones?

I did find a way to force events by editing the save files, but most of my added events don't seem to load even though they fire just fine. I've noticed several built in functions don't either, like Campers or a bunch of SlaveEvents. I can't seem to figure out what makes an event load with the game or not. I was able to copy and modify the Siren's Trade event and get that to load, but only when it was right next to the original Siren's Trade event in the file. At least for now I can test the animations and such by just overwriting an event that loads... still way better than just waiting for it.

As for 3, I can simulate it by creating a new slave for the opponent, but that seems sub-optimal. Based on what I can tell, the event stores an array of however many slaves are loaded in loading order and you can select between them with [select|i], right? There's just no way to load an existing slave into a event except when the event is called? Eh, I guess I can make it like a taking a slave to a tournament thing for now.

Can the events be related to what actually happens? I don't have slaves assigned in Arena, but I have random events related to it. :)
Which event? The only event that I know of there are the monster artifacts and the initial Brimstone contact. If there's another I'd like to look at it its code.

Last edited:

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
My guess is that sadistic slaves will request that you assign them to the arena even if you don't have one.

Edit: As for triggering events, I've never done it through the save file (I have an editor tool for it that isn't included in the build), but I suspect your issue has something to do with events that require that a slave already be loaded. Some of them (including all slave events) have a GUID after the name, which corresponds to a character the event is talking about. Without that, the event might do something unpredictable.

IffyTastes

Oct 9, 2019
Edit: As for triggering events, I've never done it through the save file (I have an editor tool for it that isn't included in the build), but I suspect your issue has something to do with events that require that a slave already be loaded. Some of them (including all slave events) have a GUID after the name, which corresponds to a character the event is talking about. Without that, the event might do something unpredictable.
Ya, I figured that part out already. To circumvent that I just took a save with a working SlaveEvent (Siren's Trade) that already had that ID loaded, and duplicated it with a slightly different name, only changing the name slightly to match in the save file. When I had the duplicate event at the bottom of core.txt it didn't load, but when I moved it up right below the original Siren's Trade event in core.txt it worked... on the same save file.

So I suspect I've damaged the event file somehow and should stop messing in the core file. That's fine, I have a backup. It'll load all text files in the subfolder into the same namespace, right? Though to be fair I did notice even before I started any of this that some events didn't load with saved games, though the only one I'm sure of was Campers (cuz I had saved it to try to play through it a few ways... that one's almost perverted enough even for me ;)). Anyways, I'll figure it out eventually. Thanks for all the guidance.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes