DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Is there a secret to getting the rules assistant to work? Especially for aesthetic things?

The clothes it applies are completely different than what i set (always seems to be the engineer with glasses?). The "in world" clothing also doesn't appear to match up with what they are wearing when they are summoned under the circumstance
Hair styles don't appear to stick at all in the RA. i set it, click close and go back and it reverts to no change
Setting an option in one rule often changes it for the others. Sometimes changes other options to something completely different

Sorrowsiren

Jun 19, 2018
Dungeon Keeper 2 is one of my favorite games ever. This game could replace that if it's ever properly finished. But honestly in it's current state it's hard to play for more than like 3 minutes without running into a game breaking bug. And sadly after hanging around this webpage for a couple years I have -very- little faith in patreon games ever getting properly finished. Like the ones I really think have potential are nearly never completed....

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Great work. Respect.

Project needs a better interface. This is the biggest problem for me.

1. There is no option to search for a summoned slave. Where is on the map and what does he do.

2. The slave list does not hold the sorting set. After entering the slave profile and leaving, it returns to the alphabetical order of names. This makes operations very difficult. Especially when there are many slaves.

3. Tiring system for adding nicknames. Its ruins alphabetical system on the slave list (only for use, ignoring different sort settings after each exit from the list). There is no option to completely disable this annoyance.

4. Invisible messages about important events in the bottom bar. Small font, no pause, no new message signal.

5. Small and unreadable font in messages.

6. Events in the notifications section. I can't see the event, get out of it, and see it again. A big problem. The event, for example, concerns a slave and is optional. Only after open message I know which slave it concerns. But then I don't have access to his profile and I can't back down to look at this. I have to decide without knowing about the slave. The only method to solve the problem: save - open the event and check who it concerns - load - look at the profile - return to the event - decision.

7. Chaotic system of clothes, set in a random order. Each slave has a different order of clothes on the list

These are the biggest problems and in my opinion the first to be done. This game is great. But the interface from hell.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
2. The slave list does not hold the sorting set. After entering the slave profile and leaving, it returns to the alphabetical order of names. This makes operations very difficult. Especially when there are many slaves.

3. Tiring system for adding nicknames. Its ruins alphabetical system on the slave list (only for use, ignoring different sort settings after each exit from the list). There is no option to completely disable this annoyance.
While I agree with the issues about the slave list's ordering (and naming), I actually used the nickname effect to help me manage them: I give them nicknames related to what I have to manage about them (so, mostly: "Spa" to get them obedien and fearless, "Devotee" to make them...devotees, "Sex Training", "Muscle" or "Race"). This way, the alphabetical order actually organises them depending on what I am supposed to manage about them and I don't have this sorting problem, and I remove the nicknames once they are optimised for the destined job (which is when I more or less stop having interactions with them).

I also use it to keep track of special cases, most notably "my" children: the sorting option for the slaves' origins is particularly hard to use, and when checking for those born on the station, there is no way to isolate those the MC actually sired...

I will add something else about the interface: several events are specific to named slaves. Unfortunately, we don't have the details about them, and do not even have their picture. It is most bothering when the slave ring (I don't remember the name right now) offers to buy one out (actually, this is along the lines of your issue #6, since this could be a way to go to the slave list, check out which slave they are planning on buying, and then go back and tell them if we accept or not).

Sorrowsiren

Jun 19, 2018
"1. There is no option to search for a summoned slave. Where is on the map and what does he do."

I'll download the new version today. The one I have is the last alpha of this build, so hopefully -some issues where fixed but actually I think the answer to that question is that slaves sometimes warp off the station and end up floating in the middle of space.

In fact the main reason I never spent much time on this game was that the first time I tried to buy a slave in my first playthrough I ended up floating in the middle of space with no way to advance the dialog.

I decided I'll wait till there's a more stable/complete build. Like one where the clothing actually fits on the models and shows textures other than black when you're in third person?

Reactions: pdpdpd

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
"1. There is no option to search for a summoned slave. Where is on the map and what does he do."

I'll download the new version today. The one I have is the last alpha of this build, so hopefully -some issues where fixed but actually I think the answer to that question is that slaves sometimes warp off the station and end up floating in the middle of space.

In fact the main reason I never spent much time on this game was that the first time I tried to buy a slave in my first playthrough I ended up floating in the middle of space with no way to advance the dialog.

I decided I'll wait till there's a more stable/complete build. Like one where the clothing actually fits on the models and shows textures other than black when you're in third person?
I'm trying. This game has something inside. But I'm afraid. This is huge. Interface and basic technical problems should be done at the entrance. Now removing one problem can give five others.

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
I have problem with bioreactors. Situation:

Level 4

Bioreactor 1

001.jpg

Bioreactor 2,3,4

002.jpg

Dont work? Why?

level 3

Hydroponic 1

003.jpg

Hydroponic 2,3,4 - no energy

004.jpg

Level 2

Factory 1

006.jpg

Factory 2, 3, storage - no energy.

007.jpg

005.jpg

Level 1

Factory 1 - energy. 2,3,4 no energy.

Workers 250, bioreactors 250.

What i did wrong? Any help?

Last edited:

i1269496

May 31, 2018
The game is getting really laggy but my GPU, CPU & Memory don't go over 50% is there some optimization element I'm missing or is it the same for everybody?
It's the same for me. I've pretty decent gaming rig, yet the game rather quickly become a turn-based strategy, while using a tiny fraction of the available resources.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Not everything can be multi-threaded, and what can be multi-threaded is very easy to get wrong as race conditions are a pain to deal with.
Hopefully the dev keeps focusing on features for now, and revisit optimization at a later time.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Don't get frustrated, man. Just step back, play some more Startopia and Free Cities, write stuff down on an actual physical paper notepad for a day or two and then - only then - come back to working on the game.

Alexsis987

Mar 4, 2018
So just started playing yesterday (fun game). And everything was going well until tried loading my save today and now all my slaves are Insane. Even if i got back to a much earlier save. Every save i load contains only insane slaves. Even ones with 100 obedience are insane. Is there something i can adjust in the save to fix this? Or baring that, stop it from happening on another game?

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes