Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Shurutsue I still can't figure it out. You told us where to put it, but not how to work it in game. I click on a research item and it acts as it does normally. No instant research, just a gradual climb up the percentage as usual.
by inspecting yourself
Just inspect yourself (the yellow peson icon when zooming out, walking around)
then you'll have a button with "Get research" and this one you can use

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm really starting to think there's an issue with the Fae events. I've been running a game all day today, literally nonstop allowing events to queue up, and Secrets of the Fae hasn't even queued once. Yes, I do have a Fae in my possession.

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
I'm really starting to think there's an issue with the Fae events. I've been running a game all day today, literally nonstop allowing events to queue up, and Secrets of the Fae hasn't even queued once. Yes, I do have a Fae in my possession.
If you want you can look up the event in the game files and change the percentage that the event spawns, I would be careful as to not create multiple duplicates I remeber messing with the files and just got a crash everytime I open it

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If you want you can look up the event in the game files and change the percentage that the event spawns, I would be careful as to not create multiple duplicates I remeber messing with the files and just got a crash everytime I open it
Which file controls the event chance? Based on what I've seen so far, it's not in the Core.txt in the enslavement folder, but the actual display text is.

Last edited:

WKard

Sep 23, 2019
Ok, i have started a new game and i've the strange bug i spoke about in my last post
which pop at a point. I play without a problem, but when i leave and load my save, my money go crazy: it fall at charge at minus tens of billions and continue to fall at tens of millions/seconds. I begun to search my save files and tryed to move/erase them. Here i'm at a point where i have a save which works when i load it, but when i play for 10-15 min and leave it goes crazy when i reload. I tryed 1 time to conquer a planet, 1 time to make my current event and 1 time to just manage my slave, whatever i do, when i leave/reload, my next save goes crazy.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think I figured this out. The Fae events have the {extreme} tag on them. I also noticed a distinct lack of the Insomnia event, or more specifically the vivisection content, another {extreme} tagged event that has always been very common for me, like every two minutes common on higher slave numbers. I do have the extreme content mod file in my game folder, but it doesn't seem to be detecting its presence for some reason. The issue, in theory, is that the tag on the Fae events is on the entire thing while the Insomnia event only has the tag on the vivisect option. The tag being applied to a specific option won't stop an event from firing without the file, but the tag being applied to the event itself will.

Last edited:

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
That's odd. I haven't touched the extreme content logic in a while.

I might end up writing a non-extreme version of the fae event, but yeah, the current version requires the mod for what should be obvious reasons.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's odd. I haven't touched the extreme content logic in a while.

I might end up writing a non-extreme version of the fae event, but yeah, the current version requires the mod for what should be obvious reasons.
Yeah, it seems specific to the last two games, though, so it might have corrupted when generating the game at the very start. My last one did have Insomnia events, but still no Fae events. I'm not sure it is the file specifically. It may be something on the event end that isn't being detected. It's tagged to only fire with the mod file, but the event itself may not be detecting the file. Insomnia wouldn't have this problem since only one option is content locked. The entire event is content locked for Fae events, which is why I'm starting to thing something to do with the extreme content system is involved. I mean, I've been running it for nearly two days straight and I have several eligible slaves at least species wise. It should have fired by now if nothing was wrong no matter how rare it is. I'm not seeing much else since there are literally no listed requirements except {selectslavebytag fae}, which is what calls for the species required for a slave to eligible as being Fae. There is no listed obedience or fear level, it doesn't list requiring devoted status, nothing but species and having the extreme content mod file. This is in the Core.txt file under the EnslavementEvents folder, which is the only file in all of the text files where I can find the first Fae event listed at all.

Last edited:

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
That might just be a symptom of another problem: There are way too many possible events.

In this patch, I'm planning on setting up two queues, one for story-relevant events, and one for the random one-off ones. That will let me balance them a bit better so you don't have to sit through a dozen "hey, would you like to fuck this tourist" prompts before you get to the important stuff.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That might just be a symptom of another problem: There are way too many possible events.

In this patch, I'm planning on setting up two queues, one for story-relevant events, and one for the random one-off ones. That will let me balance them a bit better so you don't have to sit through a dozen "hey, would you like to fuck this tourist" prompts before you get to the important stuff.
Sounds good, I think I'll put my game off until then just so it doesn't frustrate me that I'm just getting a very specific handful of events and not the rest. I mean, I could conquer the rest of the factions again and at least get my territory back up to what it was when the ghost fleet bug hit me, which, by the way, is confirmed as something to do with the new planet buying feature as I conquered exclusively this time and haven't had any faction remain even with no held systems.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
For everyone not watching the Patreon, I've made some progress on the new animation system. I have grown to hate it, but it's finally doing approximately what I want it to, which is a nice change of pace. Next up is more calibration for the rest of the animations and getting the new mocap animations in (for the alpha, I'm planning on just doing a couple cowgirl and blowjob variations. The rest will be later, because it's been AGES since I've released a patch and I'm getting itchy).

Unity2019-09-2913-59-26-89.gif

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
For everyone not watching the Patreon, I've made some progress on the new animation system. I have grown to hate it, but it's finally doing approximately what I want it to, which is a nice change of pace. Next up is more calibration for the rest of the animations and getting the new mocap animations in (for the alpha, I'm planning on just doing a couple cowgirl and blowjob variations. The rest will be later, because it's been AGES since I've released a patch and I'm getting itchy).

View attachment 415086
Looks really good, can't wait to play with those animations in.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019

View attachment 415086
I do have a question if you don't mind my asking. Will futa stationmasters use this same animation system? Also about letting slaves fuck the station master? I ask because I noticed you can use the perpetual cloning surgery on your character & it does work.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I'll be setting that up for the final version, but not the alpha. I don't want to treat futas or female PC's like second-class citizens, but getting this to work at all is a huge chore, and adding them in now would likely delay this patch at least another week.

ogalara666

Jun 24, 2019
I'll be setting that up for the final version, but not the alpha. I don't want to treat futas or female PC's like second-class citizens, but getting this to work at all is a huge chore, and adding them in now would likely delay this patch at least another week.
Understandable. Was just curious if it was even planned at all. Thank you for answering.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Could we possibly get a way to go through massive amounts of slave inspections more quickly? For example, I just massacred at least ten planets in a full faction blitzkrieg and the slaves I got from that reach into the mid 200s. Clicking sell and then yes 237 times takes forever, especially on my current PC, which has issues with Unity games for some reason and has decided I get to play at an under 30 frame rate.

Jerzy

May 18, 2017
Could we possibly get a way to go through massive amounts of slave inspections more quickly? For example, I just massacred at least ten planets in a full faction blitzkrieg and the slaves I got from that reach into the mid 200s. Clicking sell and then yes 237 times takes forever, especially on my current PC, which has issues with Unity games for some reason and has decided I get to play at an under 30 frame rate.
Well i just assigned all to xeno arena or leathal arena and if i got too many there just use slave list, sort the list and then just hold shift and start hitting sell

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
I used the Manager Rules. Since I never assign anyone to the Xeno Pit (or the Lethal Pit, for that matter), I created a rule to automatically sell any slave assigned there. Then, when I invaded a lot of planets and did not want to deal with them individually (I have enough slaves, thank you), I assigned the first one to the Xeno Pit, then clicked and Assign All. Tadam, they all vanished, and I got paid for it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I used the Manager Rules. Since I never assign anyone to the Xeno Pit (or the Lethal Pit, for that matter), I created a rule to automatically sell any slave assigned there. Then, when I invaded a lot of planets and did not want to deal with them individually (I have enough slaves, thank you), I assigned the first one to the Xeno Pit, then clicked and Assign All. Tadam, they all vanished, and I got paid for it.
Manager isn't refined enough to not get rid of the slaves I do want, the faction leaders, if they happen to meet the requirements I set for sale or whatever fate I program it to send them to. I've noticed it also only takes effect AFTER the post battle slave inspections, which makes it useless for what I'm asking about. What I'm asking about is a mass sale option that would probably go somewhere in the empty space on the bottom of the spoils of battle screen, maybe a group sell option by like 5s or 10s like the markets, so that battles we know won't have slaves we want don't mean going through a literal real world hour of just clicking and hoping the enemy doesn't retake a system. In the time it took me to get through all 237 slaves, Tyrant retook every system I took from her and I had to start at square one because the spoils of battle screen comes immediately after returning to the station, leaving every world I just took defenseless because I hadn't had a chance to set up defenses there yet. EDIT: Also StationmasterDev, graphical bug in Pari's third date event and the abolitionist event, she has a floating dick. I reported these specifically because, unlike most occurrences of the floating dick bug, these two pretty much always occur. I was waiting to report it until I confirmed the frequency of the bug, so sorry if it's already known and I'm wasting time.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 53 Votes