Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Guide to taking over the galaxy peacefully. Doesn't work... Started buying some planets that nobody owns and after awhile Vladivostok Holding went Total on WAR with me. After making a statment about maybe we get along after this. Not sure why i didn't buy any of there planets. We are at 80% peace. :unsure: Is there a way to make peace again?

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
To keep the scrubs out of the Master Suite, I do what I always do. Tourists won't walk through military rooms, so using a couple of armoury as the only route into my Suite (and lab)

Plus, having a couple of those smallest ships (drones?) makes it look like my suite is defended.

Really though, we just need doors that non-staff can't open.
I noramlly put Slave Suite, my Office, Training, and everything else related to slaves to south and everything related to customers to the north (arena bars and Hotels etc) Keep only couple long 2 square walkways to join everything.

Sep 17, 2017
Guide to taking over the galaxy peacefully. Doesn't work... Started buying some planets that nobody owns and after awhile Vladivostok Holding went Total on WAR with me. After making a statment about maybe we get along after this. Not sure why i didn't buy any of there planets. We are at 80% peace. :unsure: Is there a way to make peace again?
Unless something changed, their war declaration trigger is based on you having a certain amount of cash on hand. Once that event triggers, that war cannot be ended without totally defeating them and getting the option to enslave their leader.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Unless something changed, their war declaration trigger is based on you having a certain amount of cash on hand. Once that event triggers, that war cannot be ended without totally defeating them and getting the option to enslave their leader.
There must be also a certain military “weakness” on one's part, because, unless the threshold is particularly high (and I mean really high), they never even hinted at any aggression towards me. But all my planets are fully defended and I have a rather extensive fleet.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
So just kick there butt... hope there isn't any quests from them still to do, i got 2 pictures of Mona lisa so if thats it then WAR it is :). I let them capture 2 worlds and Its been really quiet, the past hour so maybe they are done lol

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
There must be also a certain military “weakness” on one's part, because, unless the threshold is particularly high (and I mean really high), they never even hinted at any aggression towards me. But all my planets are fully defended and I have a rather extensive fleet.
I could go back to a save when i could max out all planets and see if they try to pick a fight
Basically blow a bunch of money so i have less,
Unless something changed, their war declaration trigger is based on you having a certain amount of cash on hand.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
I could go back to a save when i could max out all planets and see if they try to pick a fight
Basically blow a bunch of money so i have less,
Well, it is an investment anyway. I've never been attacked, probably thanks to that, and my finances are good enough that buying the galaxy will not be perceptible, only time-consuming (in fact, unless I am mistaken, in the time it takes me to buy all the planets in a system, I earn as much, or more, than I spent).

My point is not to brag, but to point out that money is not really an issue in the game (which is a good thing: you have to manage your money, but not too much), so don't try and save as much as possible. You won't have any sudden and dramatic expenditure (there is only one event I went across that costs 10 millions, and since it is a "subprime crisis" event, I defintely don't want to bail out those responsible for it, so I enslave them instead). So spend your money to improve your defences, you will soon find you have more than you need.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeepster

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
So.. tryed beefing up "maxed out all defence on all planets" bougth 4 Dreadnoughts and made her 100% friend with Vald. at Stardate :D 3.4650.0.0 at 3.4650.0.1 she gave me 250.000. That didn't happen prior..... then at 3.4650.1.1 She made war... So that wasn't it. Got the SAVE from when she gave me money dropped into save edit. Deleted all billions and left myself with 192,000 Yeah i messed up in edit by couple numbers but it was for Science! LOL but it worked. Guess i had to much. I'll make it back, just make sure not to hit that Mark again.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Update - on Stardate 34650.5.0 she made war... Well if it is it is, i was building and not capturing planets. I gave her a chance, can't say i didn't try lol :devilish:

Reactions: Daulas
Sep 17, 2017
I haven't had time to play since 0.24a, but the prompt for the war required having had several previous contact event flags with the faction leader (4 or so flags depending on which), and then each had a different flag for what set them off, none had any "weakness" or strength req. Vladivostok only required the player to have something like 100m cash reserve and the 4 previous contact events. Other factions required you to hit a specific amount of influence, or deep negative reputation alongside a certain non-faction event firing, or controlling a certain number of planets/stations, or own too many slaves. All the requirements were large enough to make certain the player would be likely able to handle the war unless you were *really* lazy about keeping your fleet expanding as you continue playing.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
I haven't had time to play since 0.24a, but the prompt for the war required having had several previous contact event flags with the faction leader (4 or so flags depending on which), and then each had a different flag for what set them off, none had any "weakness" or strength req. Vladivostok only required the player to have something like 100m cash reserve and the 4 previous contact events. Other factions required you to hit a specific amount of influence, or deep negative reputation alongside a certain non-faction event firing, or controlling a certain number of planets/stations, or own too many slaves. All the requirements were large enough to make certain the player would be likely able to handle the war unless you were *really* lazy about keeping your fleet expanding as you continue playing.
Do you know if the triggers were avoidable (for example by systematically accepting all meetings with their leaders) or time-related (that is, if you develop too fast or too slow)? Because I never had any real problem with any faction, quite the contrary in most cases, so I would be interested in knowing why/how I avoided this...

Goodwytch

Jan 16, 2019
When I open the game I don't seem to have any ability to research anything at all. No projects available no station upgrades listed. There doesn't seem to be a tech tree at all anywhere. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated! (Playing V 0.24)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The Techtree is under Station Management, choose your Research there. You need a Lab with Desks (later AI Desks) and intelligent Slaves to work on it (build a Training Room with Schooldesks to raise stupid Slaves to useful Researchers ^^).

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To keep the scrubs out of the Master Suite, I do what I always do. Tourists won't walk through military rooms, so using a couple of armoury as the only route into my Suite (and lab)

Plus, having a couple of those smallest ships (drones?) makes it look like my suite is defended.

Really though, we just need doors that non-staff can't open.
Actually, my tourists were doing just that while I was still building my fleet. They don't care what color it is, they walk literally anywhere there's an open space.

A good idea, but don't they go through the walls? I've noticed some strange movements where I was led to believe that my station was indeed haunted, with slave, citizen and tourist ghosts... ;)

(oh, by the way, strangely, having the right version does allow me to buy planets :whistle: :giggle:)
On the ghost part, do you mean they seem to be moving through walls? They actually are, all three NPC types do it and then teleport half way across the station, it's a really annoying bug because it seems to put them into a loop of doing this and breaks their routine, which means any affected slave won't go to her assignment and you then have to reassign her.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
On the ghost part, do you mean they seem to be moving through walls? They actually are, all three NPC types do it and then teleport half way across the station, it's a really annoying bug because it seems to put them into a loop of doing this and breaks their routine, which means any affected slave won't go to her assignment and you then have to reassign her.
That's exactly what I mean (without the "seem" part, since I had watched them doing that).

But I did not notice the problem about the ensuing assignment bug... It must solve itself when the game is restarted, I imagine, meaning it only impacts a limited number of characters on each game session.

Goodwytch

Jan 16, 2019
The Techtree is under Station Management, choose your Research there. You need a Lab with Desks (later AI Desks) and intelligent Slaves to work on it (build a Training Room with Schooldesks to raise stupid Slaves to useful Researchers ^^).

I have a lab with desks, I have intelligent slaves working there, but in Station Management there does not appear to be a research tree of any kind. I have access to station rules, economic reports and can close the screen. That's it. When I get home I'll post a screen capture of what my Station Management screen looks like.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's exactly what I mean (without the "seem" part, since I had watched them doing that).

But I did not notice the problem about the ensuing assignment bug... It must solve itself when the game is restarted, I imagine, meaning it only impacts a limited number of characters on each game session.
It does, but they go back into the loop after a while and this cycle repeats until the update when this issue is fixed. Also, the only limit is based on how many can start doing it before the player restarts the game. I ran a multiple hour game once to try and get this ghost fleet bug, a faction with no remaining worlds still attacking, to stop by letting them take a planet to move their capital to that planet and retake it. In that time span, every single character on the station started looping from going into my suite, going into the hallway I display my beasts and artifacts in, disappearing into the wall, and then reappearing on the other side of my gigantic slave quarters area, then doing it all over. It got really annoying when my daughter, who was supposed to be training strength, started doing it. That's well over a hundred individual NPCs all converging on one single spot consecutively since I had a combined total of 100 non slaves at that point and another 130 slaves.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes