green_vortex

Jun 30, 2018
I personaly hope that this game continues to grow on what does best: being evil

For me creating the Stationmaster you have practically created an iconic monster, like the Xenomorph or fucking Freddy Krueger, but your monster beats them all on all aspects.

For me this game can even be a simple incremental game as long as the Stationmaster monster is explored

At present I think the strong point of this game is your writing, as long as you keep writing I think it will evolve well
Slaves/conquered worlds must have more lasting reactions on punishment they've got. Not just creams in extreme mode but suffering for being transformed to cow for abolitionism and so on. increase deepness of lore

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Kind of agree with the paragraph guy above.
I think this game is actually cool and fun to play, its a non text based management game. That alone rises higher than all the TWINE garbage I see everywhere. If i wanted to imagine sex scenes I wouldn't be on my computer I would be laying down away from technology using my imagination. So good job for that in general.
I was a patron previously but had to cull a lot of patronages, was thinking about doing a more focused round with more money.
I would like to patron this game 5 bucks or 10 bucks, but like stated above, it feels like indie devs overly split their work load. Or focus on the thing they (dev) want while community is wanting something else. Its a hard line to walk for sure.

I think something across the board that can be improved though is the economy. There needs to be more money sinks, that actually attribute some way. One example that might work could be Crusader Kings 2.

In that game, in the late game/stages of the game, an overpowered surprise faction joins the conflict. I think this would be something stationmaster could really utilize. Say an alien invasion or something. The trigger for said invasion could be either after you conquer the other factions, or if you conquer the majority and the last one puts out a distress call for anyone to help fight against the new tyrant (you).

They come in and are so overwhelming, you have to pay them a tax or tithe, the same way planets pay you. Essentially making you their bitch. Until you have amassed enough resources to combat them.

OR

On top of that, make that a default thing the other factions do in general. Just make all the factions across the board beefier and more of an actual threat.

Either way. The other thing the guy said was right, writing and more dialogue would be nice.
If there is a princess/aristocrat type slave give contextual dialogue that suits a pompous person being turned into a slave.
If you have slaves that are related, and you have them fight each other to the death, have more things reflect that.
I like the tiny animations and all that. But more "events" would be nice.
There's not much the other factions can do by the time they attack. Granted I tend to cheat cash in so I can start pumping out an early military, mainly because I'm actually bug hunting and not doing a proper playthrough, so I can get through all possible content as soon as possible to cover it all, but not even all of them combined with a beefier military could take my 1 Sword of Entropy, 60+ dreadnoughts, 120+ battleships, 240+ cruisers, 480+ frigates, 960+ bombers, 1,920+ fighters, and 3,840+ combat drones. Yes, I am that anal about having an overwhelming military that just can't lose and, yes, I have been playing this save for an extremely long time.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
There's not much the other factions can do by the time they attack. Granted I tend to cheat cash in so I can start pumping out an early military, mainly because I'm actually bug hunting and not doing a proper playthrough, so I can get through all possible content as soon as possible to cover it all, but not even all of them combined with a beefier military could take my 1 Sword of Entropy, 60+ dreadnoughts, 120+ battleships, 240+ cruisers, 480+ frigates, 960+ bombers, 1,920+ fighters, and 3,840+ combat drones. Yes, I am that anal about having an overwhelming military that just can't lose and, yes, I have been playing this save for an extremely long time.
He could add the addition where it scales the secret faction with your current military size.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
He could add the addition where it scales the secret faction with your current military size.
true, but then you run into the possible issue of a truly unbeatable enemy if it isn't balanced correctly to a very precise margin, which could cause some to quit completely. Also, there's the issue of the Sword of Entropy itself, which is unbeatable by current forces as far as I can tell since I have never lost with it.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
true, but then you run into the possible issue of a truly unbeatable enemy if it isn't balanced correctly to a very precise margin, which could cause some to quit completely. Also, there's the issue of the Sword of Entropy itself, which is unbeatable by current forces as far as I can tell since I have never lost with it.
True or to the extent where your game will just lag due to the sheer amount of ships in your bay.
Another thing that could be done, is the secret faction makes its intro by halving your military outright, and imposing restrictions that you have to work around/break in order to finish them.

Some more dynamics to the game would be nice. After all we the player get these artifacts that do crazy shit, like wiping out planets. Why can't other factions get somethings as well.

Make it like a code geass type situation where factions have artifacts that give them powers or something. Once you beat that faction you earn that artifact, or if another AI faction beats that faction THEY get the artifact.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
True or to the extent where your game will just lag due to the sheer amount of ships in your bay.
Another thing that could be done, is the secret faction makes its intro by halving your military outright, and imposing restrictions that you have to work around/break in order to finish them.

Some more dynamics to the game would be nice. After all we the player get these artifacts that do crazy shit, like wiping out planets. Why can't other factions get somethings as well.

Make it like a code geass type situation where factions have artifacts that give them powers or something. Once you beat that faction you earn that artifact, or if another AI faction beats that faction THEY get the artifact.
Kind of like how the faction leader traits work, though the faction leader traits do differ in that you have to train the leader on top of defeating them. That would actually be kind of cool and would give me a reason to blitzkrieg the entire galaxy, this secret faction included, so I could horde it all for myself.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Kind of like how the faction leader traits work, though the faction leader traits do differ in that you have to train the leader on top of defeating them. That would actually be kind of cool and would give me a reason to blitzkrieg the entire galaxy, this secret faction included, so I could horde it all for myself.
Ya, a way to add difficulty to the game too, as well as prevent some people who just want to rush everything. Is to have it so the factions you conquer can come back if you don't break their leaders in some hidden time limit.
If you don't break the leader within a set time or something, there should be an event where the remnants of the faction lead a rescue mission and can recapture their leader. Letting them come back into the game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ya, a way to add difficulty to the game too, as well as prevent some people who just want to rush everything. Is to have it so the factions you conquer can come back if you don't break their leaders in some hidden time limit.
If you don't break the leader within a set time or something, there should be an event where the remnants of the faction lead a rescue mission and can recapture their leader. Letting them come back into the game.
That would work well with certain specific existing factions, Black Star in particular. I could see them being extremely loyal to Tyrant. I could maybe say the same with Ava and the Australian Cooperative.

Last edited:

DenyWilCo

Aug 14, 2017
Hey guys, so when I enter the salve market all I can see is a slave and the UI with no buttons, the Esc key stops working and I can only pan the camera around and Alt+F4. Any ideas what's going on?

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
I wouldn't bother. 0.27 final is coming out in a day or so.
If "a day or so" can translate to "tomorrow", I for one would be very grateful (limited time during the week etc.)

I can pay in bug reports for your trouble of course :) (I fully intend to push the fixed RA to the limit)

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes