alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
...and who the heck might you be? :unsure:
Someone who has been around the gaming scene for a long time on both the development and player sides. Since the days of Windows 95 to be more precise. Bugs aren't always avoidable, especially with a big scope project. The more parts to a machine, the easier it is to break. The same principle applies to coding, the more code as a whole and the more individual systems a game has, the more places there are for bugs. Stationmaster is a prime example as you have multiple systems running in tandem, all of which can and have broken at one point or another, some possibly catastrophically.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Someone who has been around the gaming scene for a long time on both the development and player sides. Since the days of Windows 95 to be more precise. Bugs aren't always avoidable, especially with a big scope project. The more parts to a machine, the easier it is to break. The same principle applies to coding, the more code as a whole and the more individual systems a game has, the more places there are for bugs. Stationmaster is a prime example as you have multiple systems running in tandem, all of which can and have broken at one point or another, some possibly catastrophically.
that's nice and all. but first, why are you explaining this to me? i have over 20 years of gaming experience. i don't need a lecture in bugs, what they are and what chain reaction they can lead to. second: the game is unfinished, end of story. if the dev still classifies his game as finished, despite the obvious bugs, i will call it a ubsioft release. as simple as as that.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
that's nice and all. but first, why are you explaining this to me? i have over 20 years of gaming experience. i don't need a lecture in bugs, what they are and what chain reaction they can lead to. second: the game is unfinished, end of story. if the dev still classifies his game as finished, despite the obvious bugs, i will call it a ubsioft release. as simple as as that.
Except the dev outright said it actually is finished for the time being, "The End (for now)." His return is only planned, a plan that could very easily change with all this negativity. I've seen multiple devs just quit for that very reason. Bugs do sometimes get into the finished product, who the developer is doesn't matter. Even the Bungie Halo games have their fair share of bugs that remain, some of which 343i fixed in the MCC versions.

Reactions: Lucifer84

hecter1

Aug 7, 2018
The "stationmaster-windows.zip" file is broken for me, I get a CRC validation error when trying to extract the "resources.assets.resS". This in turn leaves me with a launching game that has a multitude of issues.

I have tried both the mega upload as provided here as well as the nopy link in the original post. The internal zip file seems to be broken in both cases.

wacek

Aug 6, 2017
it doesn't feel like 1.0 in any way

i'm following this project since it aired and 0.3-1.0 step feels like it should get [Abandoned] tag
so much potential turned into a FAS child

it's all IMO and i'm just disappointed

Reactions: 1n17

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
it doesn't feel like 1.0 in any way

i'm following this project since it aired and 0.3-1.0 step feels like it should get [Abandoned] tag
so much potential turned into a FAS child

it's all IMO and i'm just disappointed
No, he did what he planned, so it gets the complete tag. Abandoned is for when a dev drops a project before he completes all active goals for it or when the dev goes silent for several months, I think I've seen mods say 3 months have to pass with no communication by the dev to consider it abandoned, but that number might be a bit off.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
The "stationmaster-windows.zip" file is broken for me, I get a CRC validation error when trying to extract the "resources.assets.resS". This in turn leaves me with a launching game that has a multitude of issues.

I have tried both the mega upload as provided here as well as the nopy link in the original post. The internal zip file seems to be broken in both cases.
I have tried both download and they are working perfectly fine (no crc errors). Please check your hardware . Wrong Ram-timing , overheated CPU, broken Satacable and faulty HDD can cause this error. Check Ram with Memtest+ (overnight), use HWinfo for monitoring your Hardware Temps , check with Prime 95 if your pc is stable and read out the Smart info of your HDD.

Bonus: In small amount of cases a wrong mtu value in windows can cause download issue. But this is really a rarly cause.

I had the same issue 4 years ago, in my cases the mainboard ( Asrock 970 Extreme v2) was not capability to work together with the FX9590, so i had to buy an better board (Asus Crosshair V Formula Z) which was made for overclocking and then i had no more issue . This little story shows you that such error can have simple reason.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Some of you should realize that this is not a VN, this is a management game with very complex structure, management mechanics, real time 3D mechanics and visuals. So it's much much harder to develop and dev is not actually earning shit ton of money to hire a team to help him. But he still managed to complete it to a degree on his own. It even surpass some of team effort regular indie games with similar style.

Of course it can be polished even more, can get much much better. But this is all for now, we'll see at least one more bugfix patch.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
And it still has some major clipping issues, yes? Like, you can't wear clothes properly. Also for some reason every tourist is naked. Is there any fix for that?

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah he never bothered fixed those. He was making too much money off the idiots that were paying him for adding extras to the game.

Hope Quid Pro Quo is a massive failure. This Dev cheating his supporters out a completed game doesn't deserve any more money.
The moment when you downloaded a game for FREE and have no clue what it means to develop a game . Instead you called all supporter of the games idiots, but these poeple make it possible that you little dumb ass can play the game. I have an easy solution for you : Delete the game if you don't like the bugs, so you have no bugs . Isn't that smart?

The dev have never said that this will be the final bugfixed version, he have only finished the work on that game, so that he can make a new game. Perhaps a bugfixed version will be made or perhaps not. And if a fixed version is released i hope that it will not be shared here, so that people like you can't access to it without paying.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I feel like this is still a game where the dev got overly ambitious and scoped a larger game than was wise. I have to admire his gumption for getting all of the features in place, but it seems that his codebase got away from him in the end. I'm hoping the lessons he learned on this project will allow him to better organize and scope his next project so it doesn't become overwhelming. He put a lot more work into this game than 10 sisterfucker Ren'Py games together. There is real potential for the next project.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Except the dev outright said it actually is finished for the time being, "The End (for now)." His return is only planned, a plan that could very easily change with all this negativity. I've seen multiple devs just quit for that very reason. Bugs do sometimes get into the finished product, who the developer is doesn't matter. Even the Bungie Halo games have their fair share of bugs that remain, some of which 343i fixed in the MCC versions.
pardon me, maybe i should've called it a fallout 76 release. or does wwe 2k 20 release sound better to ya?

if the dev put it on hold to have some time for his new project, i would've understand that, but calling it finished is simply a joke. it was done to fool people into thinking, the project is properly "done". feels a bit like damsels and dungeon to me, with the difference that the dev there stopped developing his game due to health problems (wich i can understand a lot more than this here). btw. if the dev really finished his roadmap then the game is in BETA and not completed. i can only hope that he will return and finish the game properly, cause this game actually has a lot of potential but is still missing quite some stuff.

ps: you must be heaven for vacuum-cleaner salesmen. if that salesman outright sdays that his vacuum cleaner is exceptionally good, it has to be exceptionally good, right? ;)

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
I don't really see a lot of H content in the screenshots. Do they eventually show lewds or is it just mostly a management game?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
And it still has some major clipping issues, yes? Like, you can't wear clothes properly. Also for some reason every tourist is naked. Is there any fix for that?
The clipping was a quirk of the engine, he tried to fix it, and did a pretty good job from what I can tell, but it may not be totally fixable. No, there is no fix for the naked tourists as it just came up in this version. Luckily, it extends only to their small, lower poly models, not the ones we see when clicking on them.

pardon me, maybe i should've called it a fallout 76 release. or does wwe 2k 20 release sound better to ya?

if the dev put it on hold to have some time for his new project, i would've understand that, but calling it finished is simply a joke. it was done to fool people into thinking, the project is properly "done". feels a bit like damsels and dungeon to me, with the difference that the dev there stopped developing his game due to health problems (wich i can understand a lot more than this here). btw. if the dev really finished his roadmap then the game is in BETA and not completed. i can only hope that he will return and finish the game properly, cause this game actually has a lot of potential but is still missing quite some stuff.

ps: you must be heaven for vacuum-cleaner salesmen. if that salesman outright sdays that his vacuum cleaner is exceptionally good, it has to be exceptionally good, right? ;)
None of the above sound good because they aren't, they are apples and oranges when compared to a game like this. He has not officially decided to return to it, he is only leaving the possibility open, so therefore it is finished for now, not on hold. No, Beta is NOT a finished roadmap. A finished roadmap is when everything intended is added, Beta is when the game is starting to look like its final form, but isn't quite there content wise. I don't believe salesmen without first trying the product or seeing the reviews of others, which is why I only have one Patreon creator I support at this time, not this one, as I use this site as a sort of test area to see if they are worthy of my limited funds. I also hope he will at least return to fix up the bugs that did indeed get through his fixes, including one that was listed as possibly fixed.

Reactions: Obsidian01

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
The clipping was a quirk of the engine, he tried to fix it, and did a pretty good job from what I can tell, but it may not be totally fixable. No, there is no fix for the naked tourists as it just came up in this version. Luckily, it extends only to their small, lower poly models, not the ones we see when clicking on them.

None of the above sound good because they aren't, they are apples and oranges when compared to a game like this. He has not officially decided to return to it, he is only leaving the possibility open, so therefore it is finished for now, not on hold. No, Beta is NOT a finished roadmap. A finished roadmap is when everything intended is added, Beta is when the game is starting to look like its final form, but isn't quite there content wise. I don't believe salesmen without first trying the product or seeing the reviews of others, which is why I only have one Patreon creator I support at this time, not this one, as I use this site as a sort of test area to see if they are worthy of my limited funds. I also hope he will at least return to fix up the bugs that did indeed get through his fixes, including one that was listed as possibly fixed.
ffs you don't know anything about game development.

what you described is alpha stage.

alpha stage: adding content over fixing bugs.
beta stage: content is added, bugs will be fixed, balance issues will be tackled. quality of life feautres may be added.
a good example is renegade x btw. it's in beta for years now. over that time no real content was added, instead bugs and balancing issues were tackled. the new content that will be added has a separate name called firestorm and will be in alpha, cause lots of content will be added later on. you could also call it a perpetual beta.

my god, can't be so difficult.
here an outtake: "A Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs."

right now stationmaster is in beta or (if the dev decides to bring in more content in the futre) a perpetual beta. the game is not in silver stage nor in any means a stable release.

pac1234

Dec 12, 2018
I don't know if these are new bugs or a bad install, kept getting the headers error with 7zip

speaker has human skin

When I conquer a planet/system and try to inpect my conquered slaves, more often than not it just takes me back to the station with no new slaves

The RA still doesn't work still

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
ffs you don't know anything about game development.

what you described is alpha stage.

alpha stage: adding content over fixing bugs.
beta stage: content is added, bugs will be fixed, balance issues will be tackled. quality of life feautres may be added.
a good example is renegade x btw. it's in beta for years now. over that time no real content was added, instead bugs and balancing issues were tackled. the new content that will be added has a separate name called firestorm and will be in alpha, cause lots of content will be added later on. you could also call it a perpetual beta.

my god, can't be so difficult.
here an outtake: "A Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs."

right now stationmaster is in beta or (if the dev decides to bring in more content in the futre) a perpetual beta. the game is not in silver stage nor in any means a stable release.
Really, because I've actually done it and have been since before Windows 10 killed my development software's compatibility, since Windows 95 actually, though technically there were issues that caused it to become useless in Windows 7 because it couldn't compile correctly, but at least I could use it to test instead of having to resort to a text editor for all my programming and then having to switch back to a secondary, dual boot build of Windows to compile it. Alpha: VERY buggy intial phase of development, very little of the final look is in at this point. Beta: The game is starting to take shape in the form it will appear in the final build, bugs are less present, but still there. Not every game handles literally all issues in Beta, even some of the greats didn't and, in fact, still have bugs in their final form. Halo, all of the Bungie titles in that franchise to be precise, has a multitude of bugs still present and they have been finished for almost 20 years for the first, 19 years for the second, and 13 years for the third on the main line, might be a little bit off on the math, but I'm close enough. By your argument, none of those three games are in a final state as you see it, but are actually unfinished Beta builds that will never see an actual final state because Bungie dropped them over a decade ago never to return.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Really, because I've actually done it and have been since before Windows 10 killed my development software's compatibility, since Windows 95 actually, though technically there were issues that caused it to become useless in Windows 7 because it couldn't compile correctly, but at least I could use it to test instead of having to resort to a text editor for all my programming and then having to switch back to a secondary, dual boot build of Windows to compile it. Alpha: VERY buggy intial phase of development, very little of the final look is in at this point. Beta: The game is starting to take shape in the form it will appear in the final build, bugs are less present, but still there. Not every game handles literally all issues in Beta, even some of the greats didn't and, in fact, still have bugs in their final form. Halo, all of the Bungie titles in that franchise to be precise, has a multitude of bugs still present and they have been finished for almost 20 years for the first, 19 years for the second, and 13 years for the third on the main line, might be a little bit off on the math, but I'm close enough. By your argument, none of those three games are in a final state as you see it, but are actually unfinished Beta builds that will never see an actual final state because Bungie dropped them over a decade ago never to return.
i will cut it short here. i gave you a link where everything is written in it and i gave you a proper example. stationmaster is not in a final state (and i'm not the only one seeing it that way) ,end of story.

sidenote: i played some halo games and they were without any ciritcal bugs (ya know, those bugs are the nasty ones that stationmaster still has) and actually played like a finished product. wwe 2k 20 is a product that isn't near a final state yet was sold as a finished product nonetheless.

• Angry
Reactions: ForgottenMan1
3.70 star(s) 52 Votes