alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i will cut it short here. i gave you a link where everything is written in it and i gave you a proper example. stationmaster is not in a final state (and i'm not the only one seeing it that way) ,end of story.

sidenote: i played some halo games and they were without any ciritcal bugs (ya know, those bugs are the nasty ones that stationmaster still has) and actually played like a finished product. wwe 2k 20 is a product that isn't near a final state yet was sold as a finished product nonetheless.
The dev called it a final state, announced all intended features added at every step including that there were none left out in the .30a to 1.0 release gap, and took care of as many bugs as possible while, unfotunately, bringing in new ones and resurrecting old ones. That does NOT disqualify it as a complete game. For the purposes of the tag, the game must be a complete experience as intended by the dev, which he said it is. It DOES NOT have to be bug free nor has there ever been a bug free game to get the tag. Again, my example of the Halo franchise, the first three of which are complete, yet not bug free, applies. Bugs can happen with any update, including bug fix only updates. The final update is not immune to this statement. ANY change to the code can cause a bug. The ONLY way to not get a bug is to not write further code while the game is in a bug free state.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
The moment when you downloaded a game for FREE and have no clue what it means to develop a game . Instead you called all supporter of the games idiots, but these poeple make it possible that you little dumb ass can play the game. I have an easy solution for you : Delete the game if you don't like the bugs, so you have no bugs . Isn't that smart?

The dev have never said that this will be the final bugfixed version, he have only finished the work on that game, so that he can make a new game. Perhaps a bugfixed version will be made or perhaps not. And if a fixed version is released i hope that it will not be shared here, so that people like you can't access to it without paying.
Yeah I am glad I didn't pay for it like his Patreons as they got completely ripped off with an abandoned game.

Reactions: rKnight

hecter1

Aug 7, 2018
I have tried both download and they are working perfectly fine (no crc errors). Please check your hardware . Wrong Ram-timing , overheated CPU, broken Satacable and faulty HDD can cause this error. Check Ram with Memtest+ (overnight), use HWinfo for monitoring your Hardware Temps , check with Prime 95 if your pc is stable and read out the Smart info of your HDD.

Bonus: In small amount of cases a wrong mtu value in windows can cause download issue. But this is really a rarly cause.

I had the same issue 4 years ago, in my cases the mainboard ( Asrock 970 Extreme v2) was not capability to work together with the FX9590, so i had to buy an better board (Asus Crosshair V Formula Z) which was made for overclocking and then i had no more issue . This little story shows you that such error can have simple reason.
While I appreciate the effort you have clearly put into this post, I can assure you that my computer is in order.

The issue ended up being with izarc, when I unpacked the file with the unzip command of the git bash, no CRC-errors were found.

Reactions: Exoplast

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah I am glad I didn't pay for it like his Patreons as they got completely ripped off with an abandoned game.
Not abandoned, that means he didn't do everything planned. The complete tag fits because it wasn't dropped before everything was implemented and there was no multiple month communication loss.

What does mod extreme content consist? i.e makes the game much harder?
No, it unlocks stuff Patreon would ban him for.

Reactions: Lucifer84

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
Wait why is the dev done for now? Did I miss things? I have been following for a very very long time.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I think the code got away from him. He has decided to work on something a bit more in the scope of a single dev but there aren't any details about it yet and who knows when/if it will appear. I think he realized that he implemented the features too quickly and ended up with a system where he could spend months tracking down bugs and still have an endless supply in the bug tracker. It's easier and more fun to start from scratch on something completely new.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
I think the code got away from him. He has decided to work on something a bit more in the scope of a single dev but there aren't any details about it yet and who knows when/if it will appear. I think he realized that he implemented the features too quickly and ended up with a system where he could spend months tracking down bugs and still have an endless supply in the bug tracker. It's easier and more fun to start from scratch on something completely new.
That's exactly what happened. He's go animators and other stuff working on the next game. It looks pretty good so far.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
The clipping was a quirk of the engine, he tried to fix it, and did a pretty good job from what I can tell, but it may not be totally fixable. No, there is no fix for the naked tourists as it just came up in this version. Luckily, it extends only to their small, lower poly models, not the ones we see when clicking on them.

No that is absolutely fucking horse shit dude this game is made on Unity do you know how many high profile games are on Unity without the clipping issues and absolute GARBAGE animations where the models fold into pretzels and look like something deformed and made of 100% nightmare fuel like this game has.. No what the dev needed was a animator/poser/modeler to do that shit while he focused on the coding.

This dev could have cut HALF his work load had he just decided to either just put some kinda art work or limited the sexual encounters ect to text only but he tried to go all out can't fault him for that but he knew he didn't have the means to fix the issues with his models and animation he needed help but for the dev to sit there and say it's the engines fault... Ya bull fucking shit dude

This game isn't done it's a beta at best that still needs a LOT of work.... BUT this game is one of the better management games that will allow you to be a evil space overlord but it still needs work.

• Angry
Reactions: ForgottenMan1

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Same. Some have been recommending putting the game on a solid state, but I'm not sure that by itself will fix the jerky frame rate. I feel like I'm playing Cities Skylines with mod bloat.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Wait why is the dev done for now? Did I miss things? I have been following for a very very long time.
So he can move on to focusing on his next game. He added all planned features, so all that is left are some bugs, which don't require full time development.

No that is absolutely fucking horse shit dude this game is made on Unity do you know how many high profile games are on Unity without the clipping issues and absolute GARBAGE animations where the models fold into pretzels and look like something deformed and made of 100% nightmare fuel like this game has.. No what the dev needed was a animator/poser/modeler to do that shit while he focused on the coding.

This dev could have cut HALF his work load had he just decided to either just put some kinda art work or limited the sexual encounters ect to text only but he tried to go all out can't fault him for that but he knew he didn't have the means to fix the issues with his models and animation he needed help but for the dev to sit there and say it's the engines fault... Ya bull fucking shit dude

This game isn't done it's a beta at best that still needs a LOT of work.... BUT this game is one of the better management games that will allow you to be a evil space overlord but it still needs work.
It is indeed a quirk of the engine, I've seen multiple games with the issue, in fact, I have yet to see one using these assets without the issue. The animations are a different issue altogether and are, as he did admit, his lack of skill. It is done, Beta means it isn't feature complete and is definitely buggy, this game, while buggy as some final form games are, is feature complete. To get the complete tag, he needed to implement everything planned, bugs do not disqualify it from that. There are quite a few games that were added in the last two months alone with the complete tag from the start that have catastrophic bugs, by which I mean the game outright terminates due to a fatal bug, but they are feature complete and the devs of said games have finished development and moved on.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
So he can move on to focusing on his next game. He added all planned features, so all that is left are some bugs, which don't require full time development.

It is indeed a quirk of the engine, I've seen multiple games with the issue, in fact, I have yet to see one using these assets without the issue. The animations are a different issue altogether and are, as he did admit, his lack of skill. It is done, Beta means it isn't feature complete and is definitely buggy, this game, while buggy as some final form games are, is feature complete. To get the complete tag, he needed to implement everything planned, bugs do not disqualify it from that. There are quite a few games that were added in the last two months alone with the complete tag from the start that have catastrophic bugs, by which I mean the game outright terminates due to a fatal bug, but they are feature complete and the devs of said games have finished development and moved on.
What game has ever had clipping issues with clothes ect like this game has? Because I can't think of any.... Unity is what Escape From Tarkov is made on.... So it is a VERY POWERFUL ENGINE yes that game has what I would call SOFT clipping issues which is in every game on every engine where hair will clip into or through clothes or weapons will clip into armor or very bulky armors will have bits of the helmet clip into it ect. this game not so much the clipping was so bad that the clothes where melding into the models body so the rigging was FUCKED out right on them..

As far as this guy saying his lack of skill on the animations ya no one wouldn't have guessed that one their chief he needed help on that front clearly and he didn't take the steps to do it...

Me personally I would love to see him do something what Whoremaster did when the OG dev decided he just didn't want to work on it anymore he released the source code and other people made different mods and versions of it and people still work on it to this day I would love to see other people come in fix the animations and bugs and maybe even expand the game further beyond.

• Angry
Reactions: ForgottenMan1

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i need a 4-5k pc to keep this thing from crashing lag is still horrible and thats just the building phase
Same. Some have been recommending putting the game on a solid state, but I'm not sure that by itself will fix the jerky frame rate. I feel like I'm playing Cities Skylines with mod bloat.
Mine isn't that expensive, maybe $1,500 with upgrades, and I run the game just fine.

What game has ever had clipping issues with clothes ect like this game has? Because I can't think of any.... Unity is what Escape From Tarkov is made on.... So it is a VERY POWERFUL ENGINE yes that game has what I would call SOFT clipping issues which is in every game on every engine where hair will clip into or through clothes or weapons will clip into armor or very bulky armors will have bits of the helmet clip into it ect. this game not so much the clipping was so bad that the clothes where melding into the models body so the rigging was FUCKED out right on them..

As far as this guy saying his lack of skill on the animations ya no one wouldn't have guessed that one their chief he needed help on that front clearly and he didn't take the steps to do it...

Me personally I would love to see him do something what Whoremaster did when the OG dev decided he just didn't want to work on it anymore he released the source code and other people made different mods and versions of it and people still work on it to this day I would love to see other people come in fix the animations and bugs and maybe even expand the game further beyond.
Every single one that uses these assets. The clothing assets aren't unique to this game. I'm not arguing how powerful Unity is, I've seen what it is capable of given the right assets and programming. The issue with his lack of skill was he was trying to do things the engine cannot do out of the box, probably requiring some add on that he doesn't have. Help would not make a difference if he doesn't have the capabilities added to the engine that allow him to do what he tried. The animations were customized against what the Unity engine already had available, which it didn't take well at all, hence the animations we got. If he had more skill, there is a chance he could have more successfully brute forced the animations to cooperate.

Last edited:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
well thanks ForgottenMan1 for spamming the facepalm down my throat. next time at least have the balls to write as to why you dislike my comments that much. thank you very much.

• Haha
Reactions: wacek

Fate3D

Mar 18, 2019
While sex-training my disobedient slaves I remarked, that they become stronger!!!
Is it normal???

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Every single one that uses these assets. The clothing assets aren't unique to this game. I'm not arguing how powerful Unity is, I've seen what it is capable of given the right assets and programming. The issue with his lack of skill was he was trying to do things the engine cannot do out of the box, probably requiring some add on that he doesn't have. Help would not make a difference if he doesn't have the capabilities added to the engine that allow him to do what he tried. The animations were customized against what the Unity engine already had available, which it didn't take well at all, hence the animations we got. If he had more skill, there is a chance he could have more successfully brute forced the animations to cooperate.

Ok I see what you are saying now but still my point still stands that if he didn't have what he needed or the skill he needed he could have cut his work load in half by adding just a static picture or just straight text and focused more on the events and the management... I also still believe if he is done with this game he should release the source code like whoremaster did and let the community fix any flaws and add new and engaging content

well thanks ForgottenMan1 for spamming the facepalm down my throat. next time at least have the balls to write as to why you dislike my comments that much. thank you very much.
Pretty much this

ForgottenMan1 Grow a pair and use your words kid.

Last edited:

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks as always for the feedback. I was expecting a slightly... different reaction to 1.0, to be honest, but what's life without surprises. The bugs that are showing up here (with the exception of clothing clipping and the animation engine, which I'm writing off as un-fixable for this project) are going onto my list for 1.1.

My plan is to start work on that pretty soon after Quid Pro Quo version 0.1 is out (hopefully in a few weeks). I hadn't planned on opening this project again for at least another few months, but there are a lot of new-to-me bugs that have been reported here.

This game is probably too big for one person (certainly me) to polish in a reasonable amount of time though, so I probably won't be able to fix everything. If it's any consolation, I've learned a lot, and Quid Pro Quo will be much more reasonable in scope.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Thanks as always for the feedback. I was expecting a slightly... different reaction to 1.0, to be honest, but what's life without surprises. The bugs that are showing up here (with the exception of clothing clipping and the animation engine, which I'm writing off as un-fixable for this project) are going onto my list for 1.1.

My plan is to start work on that pretty soon after Quid Pro Quo version 0.1 is out (hopefully in a few weeks). I hadn't planned on opening this project again for at least another few months, but there are a lot of new-to-me bugs that have been reported here.

This game is probably too big for one person (certainly me) to polish in a reasonable amount of time though, so I probably won't be able to fix everything. If it's any consolation, I've learned a lot, and Quid Pro Quo will be much more reasonable in scope.

Any chance you will go the Whoremaster route and release the source code so that other people can mod and bug fix and further advance content of this game and or make their own unique spins?

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes