Cezak

Feb 6, 2022
4 years without update but it's not abandoned.... where can i find new version without pay ?
So 4 years without an update and it's not abandoned? The game is tagged as complete. But can you consider a game complete if it has so many bugs? And all the sex stuff is unplayable. I think the author just gave up on this game and tagged it "complete" to imply that he won't continue working on it. But you only have to play the game to see that it's incomplete. I'll consider this game "complete" when all the 3D animations of the sex content are fixed, as well as other bugs that the game has. Don't expect any updates for this game, there aren't any, not even on the author's website.

Reactions: Tomoushie

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Cezak, you are correct on the dev ending development and slapping a 1.x label on the game. He has since moved on to making a sequel to SM1 which is why this game is "finished" even though more could have been done. I believe part of the impetus for this move was because starting over with an SM2 would allow the dev more options to start anew with all the lessons learned from working on SM1. That's why Kenshi, for instance, is officially finished and the devs are hard at work stamping out Kenshi 2 even though Kenshi is still in an unfinished and rough state.

Aug 30, 2024
Cezak, you are correct on the dev ending development and slapping a 1.x label on the game. He has since moved on to making a sequel to SM1 which is why this game is "finished" even though more could have been done. I believe part of the impetus for this move was because starting over with an SM2 would allow the dev more options to start anew with all the lessons learned from working on SM1. That's why Kenshi, for instance, is officially finished and the devs are hard at work stamping out Kenshi 2 even though Kenshi is still in an unfinished and rough state.
stationmaster dev did not finish stationmaster 1 so he can do the second part, he never thought in second part, he did 2 more games that were abandoned before stationmaster 2, stationmaster 1 is a masterpiece even with all the fails, why? because is the most original game someone made in unity here, so... instead making station master 2 , he could do the same 1 but polished, for real what a waste ...

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Somewhere in this thread you can find a post by the dev (or a post citing the dev) where he explains that the mechanics of this game are broken beyond repair and he therefore left it in the state it is now. He then went to develop Rise of the Exalted, but that wasn't a success and after a poll for his supporters they wanted Stationmaster 2 instead, so he abandoned RotE in favor of SM2.
So you can either play this game in the state it is, or you don't. There is no other option, and lamenting about it won't change anything.

Reactions: Yurij and Tomoushie

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
can i just point out how hilarious it is that people complain about a game they're getting for free (on here) being unfinished and buggy, but they're also probably the same kind of people that champion bethesda with it's still buggy and unfinished games, or sing the praises of ubisoft.

just take the good thing you've been given - a vast, quite expansive trainer game - even if it is buggy and unfinished, because you paid nothing for it and have lost nothing playing it.

Reactions: Dslibre and kurosx

Eymiki

Oct 13, 2020
I mean. Thanks to that comments i know the game is buggy and unfinished so i will not download it.
The introduction and images were awesome but knowing the full history that´s it.
Even if free, one can make and opinion. As long as a moderator doesn´t need to step in because of some bad behaviour.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
I mean. Thanks to that comments i know the game is buggy and unfinished so i will not download it.
The introduction and images were awesome but knowing the full history that´s it.
Even if free, one can make and opinion. As long as a moderator doesn´t need to step in because of some bad behaviour.
ok, let me try to appeal to your inner gamer then.

do you buy modern games? there's a solid 80% chance that you, then, buy buggy and unfinished games. you have therefore wasted money on something buggy and unfinished. you can't just get rid of it because that's upwards of £70 that you just bought, and therefore you feel you need to play it anyway. so you waste time and money. then because you feel the need to get your money's worth, you trick yourself into continuing to play it. granted, it could be fun, but there's a high chance i'ts a generic game you've seen hundreds of times before. so you've wasted time, money, effort, your mental wellbeing, and possible dipped into the sunk cost fallacy to keep yourself engaged.

but, you could download stationmaster, a free game that's buggy and unfinished, that you lose nothing for if you download it. you have wasted no money, might have a fun experience, and the only thing you might waste is time - but even then you don't care about time if you're trawling this website now, do you?

Reactions: jazz154

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
but, you could download stationmaster, a free game that's buggy and unfinished, that you lose nothing for if you download it. you have wasted no money, might have a fun experience, and the only thing you might waste is time - but even then you don't care about time if you're trawling this website now, do you?
Very good

3.70 star(s) 55 Votes