Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for taking it well, almost deserves an extra star, but wouldn't be appropriate.

"the open world is created in such a way that it is not cumbersome": Can tell you've tried, with easy access to a map, but it was cumbersome to me. Going to bed still requires many clicks. Advancing time requires going to bed and I needed it often. Getting an event to trigger requires the right time of day, which needs advancing time. .... See how far I can needle that thread?
The main pain doesn't come only from the navigation, but the combination with timed and location bound events.
The fact it is a first release may seem to make it worse by having less events, but if it remains linear, it will remain just as cumbersome.

"only for this reason gives a "negative" opinion then it's a bit of a shame": Are the overwhelmingly positive opinions saying it is 'perfect', deserved? You did like them.
Don't think it's a shame, it's an opportunity to think about it. It's a view non blinded by a good looking MC. Seems you might do better with it than others would have. And that's good.
Good luck.
Everything you described is simply the style in which sandboxes work. That's why we added the map in the HUD and why we added the ability to skip time already available in the HUD (sleep was unfortunately not possible and we had to do it that way). Creating the ability to start any scene at any time of the day would have made the game as unrealistic as possible. That's why, despite everything, I think this is simply an internal dislike of sandboxes, rather than constructive criticism with pointing out things we can improve. I don't think the game is perfect, and I realize that it still needs a lot of improvement, that's why I read all the comments and try to deduce from them what we can improve.

Exanadae

Dec 19, 2018
Some quick tips for writing free-roam games:

• Do not open areas before there's anything to do there. Going to the gym and finding everything saying "you shouldn't be here yet" is just frustrating, especially if the only way to know if there is any content available there yet is to go back periodically and check.
  • Label your map. "Mystery meat navigation" where a target only shows up when you mouse over it is user-hostile design.
  • Navigation needs to make sense. Nobody in their right mind is going to build an apartment where the only way to get to the second bedroom is through the master bedroom.
  • Don't gate one story's content behind another's for no reason. It made no sense that you needed to advance the school story forward before the MC could buy a dress to wear at the bar, especially when the boutique was RIGHT THERE and telling me that I had no reason I wanted to go in (see point 1). For most of that time I thought the game had bugged out and soft-locked that quest.
  • Make it clear when there is no content left in a particular storyline. Going back to each location to check if you've unlocked a scene that isn't coming this update is no fun.
  • There should always be something to do. If the player has to hit the time-skip button, you've failed. If the only thing to do in the morning is go to school, but you can't go to school on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday mornings should just not exist.
  • Don't randomly gate content on certain days. Maybe having the clothes shop closed two days of the week makes sense in your head, but if that falls on the day the player has a story event they need to complete in the shop, it's just annoying.
  • If you can only end the day in one location, have a globally accessible "go to sleep room" button.
Maybe three quarters of the above can be mitigated by having a halfway decent fast travel map that shows what events are available in what locations.

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I can't agree with that. Yes, the game is currently linear, it's just a release and we will work on it, but the open world is created in such a way that it is not cumbersome. I understand that you do not like sandboxes, as well as probably the other half of the players, but it is not made in the style that the day is divided into 24 hours, and you can only do a particular activity on Mondays at 1 p.m.

Most things are available every day (at a certain time, of course), some locations may be locked, but we rather not go to school on weekends :) I understand constructive criticism and thank you for your opinion, but if someone doesn't like sandboxes and only for this reason gives a "negative" opinion then it's a bit of a shame for a lot of effort we put into the game.
Great first update, just couple quick questions
Can you interact with people in the park? (Besides Wesley and jay)

In the boutique can she buy a dildo or butt plug? Because the shelf lights up but when you go to buy it’s only the school girl outfit and bar dress

Are there any scenes in the bars 3 stalls in the bathroom?

Last question will Wesley’s private party at the bar be in the next update and will that stripper pole be added to mikes bar so Riley can be stripper and maybe bring Madison too :love:

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Everything you described is simply the style in which sandboxes work. That's why we added the map in the HUD and why we added the ability to skip time already available in the HUD (sleep was unfortunately not possible and we had to do it that way). Creating the ability to start any scene at any time of the day would have made the game as unrealistic as possible. That's why, despite everything, I think this is simply an internal dislike of sandboxes, rather than constructive criticism with pointing out things we can improve. I don't think the game is perfect, and I realize that it still needs a lot of improvement, that's why I read all the comments and try to deduce from them what we can improve.
Alright let me help you in a more obvious manner then. As it seems you do have an open mind but can also stumble upon easy excuses to not think further.
Sandbox is fine if done well. Not having events triggers all the time is fine if done well. Not being able to progress with the headmaster in the morning and being told we shouldn't disturb him, but coming back in the afternoon on the same day and making progress, is annoying and cumbersome.
If you want to control the pacing by limiting progress to a story thread you can do that, but there are other ways to do it than the one you chose.

If you stick to your decisions that is fine. But be sure they are choices and that you fully understand them. Do not stop at 'this is how sandbox works'.
Also, think about what sandbox adds to your game. Maybe sandbox isn't right for it.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Great first update, just couple quick questions
Can you interact with people in the park? (Besides Wesley and jay)

In the boutique can she buy a dildo or butt plug? Because the shelf lights up but when you go to buy it’s only the school girl outfit and bar dress

Are there any scenes in the bars 3 stalls in the bathroom?

Last question will Wesley’s private party at the bar be in the next update and will that stripper pole be added to mikes bar so Riley can be stripper and maybe bring Madison too :love:
The answer to the first three questions is a quick no, but there will be places and objects with which something will be associated in future updates. As for the last one, it will be in one of the next few shorter updates :)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Jun 11, 2020
The answer to the first three questions is a quick no, but there will be places and objects with which something will be associated in future updates. As for the last one, it will be in one of the next few shorter updates :)
Would love to see Riley and Madison dancing at the stripper pole together, maybe Wesley can play a prank on the Cuck mike and lock him in the bathroom so Riley and Madison can get real naughty :love:
Also would be funny if there was a secret glory hole in the bar bathroom that only Riley and the patrons know about

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Some quick tips for writing free-roam games:

• Do not open areas before there's anything to do there. Going to the gym and finding everything saying "you shouldn't be here yet" is just frustrating, especially if the only way to know if there is any content available there yet is to go back periodically and check.
  • Label your map. "Mystery meat navigation" where a target only shows up when you mouse over it is user-hostile design.
  • Navigation needs to make sense. Nobody in their right mind is going to build an apartment where the only way to get to the second bedroom is through the master bedroom.
  • Don't gate one story's content behind another's for no reason. It made no sense that you needed to advance the school story forward before the MC could buy a dress to wear at the bar, especially when the boutique was RIGHT THERE and telling me that I had no reason I wanted to go in (see point 1). For most of that time I thought the game had bugged out and soft-locked that quest.
  • Make it clear when there is no content left in a particular storyline. Going back to each location to check if you've unlocked a scene that isn't coming this update is no fun.
  • There should always be something to do. If the player has to hit the time-skip button, you've failed. If the only thing to do in the morning is go to school, but you can't go to school on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday mornings should just not exist.
  • Don't randomly gate content on certain days. Maybe having the clothes shop closed two days of the week makes sense in your head, but if that falls on the day the player has a story event they need to complete in the shop, it's just annoying.
  • If you can only end the day in one location, have a globally accessible "go to sleep room" button.
Maybe three quarters of the above can be mitigated by having a halfway decent fast travel map that shows what events are available in what locations.
Thanks, we will try to improve free roam in the next update to make it less problematic and more readable :)

Ps. As for the third point, when I was younger I lived with my family in a post-war house (renovated, of course) and my sister would always walk past my room to enter hers!

nunzio2016

May 12, 2020
Hey all....love this fkn game!
What day do I need to meet the dean for the schoolgirl stuff? Got everything necessary, the scene just isn't triggering.
Need one more bonus pic...on the couch, on her belly...can't fkn find it! Arrgghh haha

Appreciate any help

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Jun 11, 2020
Hey all....love this fkn game!
What day do I need to meet the dean for the schoolgirl stuff? Got everything necessary, the scene just isn't triggering.
Need one more bonus pic...on the couch, on her belly...can't fkn find it! Arrgghh haha

Appreciate any help
For me after working for him twice in the afternoon, he told her to get the school girl out fit at the boutique

bellpepper69

Apr 12, 2023
This is what i got, wouldnt know if theres more to do. Love Riley :love:
Apart from the sandbox, great game!!

View attachment 2869412
Thanks for the response.
My quest list ends at "an indecent proposal". There's nothing else above it. Is there some action I need to take? Normally I'd expect there to be an unchecked quest above it. The last thing I did was to agree to the dude at the bar to host a party at the bar. But now I'm stuck wandering around.
Help!

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for the response.
My quest list ends at "an indecent proposal". There's nothing else above it. Is there some action I need to take? Normally I'd expect there to be an unchecked quest above it. The last thing I did was to agree to the dude at the bar to host a party at the bar. But now I'm stuck wandering around.
Help!
If you have any quests left in the quest log (the ones in white at the very top), they are available. If you don't have any more quests available, it means you have reached the end of Episode 1.

Reactions: GogolBordello
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes