wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Great Start, Great Premise, attractive MC, Great renders.

Definitely a VN to watch. Can't wait to see where the story goes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fooxied

Harmonyrose

Jun 24, 2020
i played the game till last update and didn't see more than half of pictures in first post!
this game have so many Routes?

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
i played the game till last update and didn't see more than half of pictures in first post!
this game have so many Routes?
There is a quest log to guide you a little. Three of those pictures in the OP are from bonus content available for patreons with code.

Reactions: Harmonyrose

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
While that may the case originally, these days it really depends on the codec used. Both are webm and mp4 are really containers. Typically VP series of codecs are used with webm and H264 with mp4. I think the VP9 codec can get pretty good results compared to h264 at similar file sizes.

I believe technically using H264 and related codecs require a license fee in commercial products. For me, Patreon subscriptions is skirting close to the commercial line. Granted this project might be small enough to only incur a minimal fee. VP9 on the other hand is royalty free to distribute your videos. So I think it is safer to just stick with webm. Or just stick VP9 into mp4 container :LOL:
I just tried to keep things as simple as possible (about containers and codecs).

I'm generally agree with you. V9 has several advantages over H264 (open source/customizability, works very well with higher resolutions etc). But it still has it's disadvantages as well. Most of the games here don't have HD+ resolution (just an impression, never made any statistics) where V9 truly shines. Older devices not supporting hardware decoding are still in use and slower encoding speed can be a problem for those with such devices - there are people here from all the corners of the world. That's why I think that H.264, which runs smoothly on practically all devices, is somehow "safer" solution for games like SoD. At least for now.

I'm not a lawyer and can't really comment that license fee topic. Many of the games here (including SoD) are free in principle, but can be played a bit earlier by paying patreons/subscribers etc. Does it make them "commercial products"? What about totally free games, where you can "buy a coffee" (or smth) for dev? I really can't answer those question, seems to be a borderline issue.

Reactions: asahibito

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
i really liked the first scene where we got the option to slap the guy that touched Riley. but after that that the game got more kinetic. no real choices she just lets everyone touch her and is attracted to every guy. i see where this is heading so yeah sadly for me a real beautiful mc wasted. but good luck with your game.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
i really liked the first scene where we got the option to slap the guy that touched Riley. but after that that the game got more kinetic. no real choices she just lets everyone touch her and is attracted to every guy. i see where this is heading so yeah sadly for me a real beautiful mc wasted. but good luck with your game.
I've already answered this type of question and included the answer in the dev log, which you can read on the main page, but if you think the potential has already been wasted, in a game that was released a month ago then I won't argue :)

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
I've already answered this type of question and included the answer in the dev log, which you can read on the main page, but if you think the potential has already been wasted, in a game that was released a month ago then I won't argue :)
ok let me say it like this. the thing that i liked the least about this, was that she thinks every of this guys is hot. if you let us have the decisssion later on what route we want to play on why not give us the option to say who we think is attraktiv? its just a simple decission. i just dont like things forced at me. when i play a game i want to call the shots. and after reading your dev log i have to say its probably really not the game im going to like. im more the type of person that plays a pure lesbian route or a cheating route without the husband knowing about what is going on. but for now, other than the shop girl, the only two guys i like so far are the janitor and stoney (sorry cant rember the names) and they got the least content.

• Angry
Reactions: battali0n and azel1

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
ok let me say it like this. the thing that i liked the least about this, was that she thinks every of this guys is hot. if you let us have the decisssion later on what route we want to play on why not give us the option to say who we think is attraktiv? its just a simple decission. i just dont like things forced at me. when i play a game i want to call the shots. and after reading your dev log i have to say its probably really not the game im going to like. im more the type of person that plays a pure lesbian route or a cheating route without the husband knowing about what is going on. but for now, other than the shop girl, the only two guys i like so far are the janitor and stoney (sorry cant rember the names) and they got the least content.
I never said there wouldn't be a fully lesbian plot or cheating here. As for the choices it was just written in the dev log - what impact will you give the possibility of the heroine's thoughts alone if they are not supported by the change and additional scenes based on those choices? We want to implement as many things as possible that the player will have a real impact on, but we don't have enough 'tools' to create choices that are optimal for everyone.

The main problem is that players often confuse indie developers with AAA productions. Most of us have other work besides game development, so time for everything is severely limited. I am able to create everything you want (as far as choices are concerned), but then others will start complaining that updates to their favorite thread/plot will appear once every six months.

Jun 10, 2022
I'm keeping a close eye on this game, I haven't got a chance to play it yet but from what I have read in the thread sounds promising to my personal tastes/fetishes.

I've just read the dev-log on the front page rather than ask something that has already been answered 101 times already be the Developer(s).

Looking forward to see the story unfold, I personally like cheating routes in VN's the most over cucking/swinging/sharing but if the story is strong, all routes can be enjoyed.

Fooxied, I wish you all the best with your project and hope you enjoy the story you want to tell, so far the narrative is engaging and the MC is absolutely smoking hot, it's off to a very bright start. I hope to become a patron once I see more.

Last edited:

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
I never said there wouldn't be a fully lesbian plot or cheating here. As for the choices it was just written in the dev log - what impact will you give the possibility of the heroine's thoughts alone if they are not supported by the change and additional scenes based on those choices? We want to implement as many things as possible that the player will have a real impact on, but we don't have enough 'tools' to create choices that are optimal for everyone.

The main problem is that players often confuse indie developers with AAA productions. Most of us have other work besides game development, so time for everything is severely limited. I am able to create everything you want (as far as choices are concerned), but then others will start complaining that updates to their favorite thread/plot will appear once every six months.
no i dont forget that you are indie developers but i see other devs that just started and they did these things. and yeah i dont have a problem to wait longer to get a good product that i enjoy to play. but hey its your game i just stated that i didnt enjoyed it and explained why. so if your fans like it how it is good for you.

• Angry
Reactions: azel1

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023

Amen, I have been working on a game for months and real life always seems to get in the way. It's truly impressive the people, who can get their games off the ground and have a real world job and family. Most people are clueless on how much time it takes to write, rewrite the scripts, setup renders, setup animations etc etc.

Thanks for the great game

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: lemaro and Fooxied

lemaro

May 11, 2021
...but the real question is, where are our teasers? :LOL:
jk keep doing what you doing Fooxied and team!
It's not often you get this much transparency from dev team.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020

Episode 1.2 - current progress

29 minutes ago

The time has come to update you on the current progress of the game. The numbers don't reflect reality a bit, because I think we've already done the hardest work so far. Nevertheless, this week we will finish working on the scripts for episode 1.2, we have already created most of the animations, and coding and testing should take 1-2 days, due to the fact that we don't intend to add many new things this time except for the content itself.
But that's not all! We're also looking ahead and have already begun working on full Episode 2.0, as well as some special additions. Unfortunately, I can't spill the beans on the exciting details just yet, but I'm sure you'll be pleased when you find out.
As previously mentioned, Episode 1.2 is set to be released in mid-October. It will include 5 new scenes, just like the last update. However, this time, in addition to the usual renders, you'll also get 12 different animations (and no, these won't just be simple camera angles), they will come at two different speeds, just like before. I'm confident you'll enjoy the storyline as well.
In the meantime, we're back to work further, and you can expect a spicy preview tomorrow!

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes