Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
Ok, now I'm curious. There's apparently 1500 renders (didn't play myself yet). You think 1 render takes 2-3 hours (which that's not true anyway), and you find the update to be small for a 2 month cycle. Let's do some quick math then, shall we?

24 hours = 12 renders (Following your statement of 2-3 hours per render. I'm going with 2 hours, which is in your favor)
1 month = ~360 renders
2 months = ~720 renders

That is working 24/7. No sleep, no writing, no coding. And yet you still think 1500 renders, following your flawed logic, is a small update within that time? You probably have realized by now that your statement is complete bollox, right? Good.

Incase you didn't: This update has more than twice as many renders as you deem acceptable with a "2-3 hours per render" output. Any logic checks out.

Cheers
As someone who does daz rendering for other and my own game let me tell you the blatent truth

It's the scene creation that takes time , not the models or etc.

Posing depending on complexity takes roughly an 20 minutes.

Everything else , depending on your rig / pc / computer can be done relatively fast if you have decent amount of vram

So.. 2 months would go like this

Normal worktime ( no crunch ) - > 1000 renders

Somewhat effort - > 1600 renders

Focused effort ( little crunch ) - > 2000 renders + animations

Actually fucking hating yourself but working -> 3500 renders.

SoD is doing a good job , yes it could be better but i think due to the sandbox nature of the game it may require more work on the coding side rather than just the rendering.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
As someone who does daz rendering for other and my own game let me tell you the blatent truth

It's the scene creation that takes time , not the models or etc.

Posing depending on complexity takes roughly an 20 minutes.

Everything else , depending on your rig / pc / computer can be done relatively fast if you have decent amount of vram

So.. 2 months would go like this

Normal worktime ( no crunch ) - > 1000 renders

Somewhat effort - > 1600 renders

Focused effort ( little crunch ) - > 2000 renders + animations

Actually fucking hating yourself but working -> 3500 renders.

SoD is doing a good job , yes it could be better but i think due to the sandbox nature of the game it may require more work on the coding side rather than just the rendering.
People also seem to forget that there's more than just renders. Don't get me wrong, there are threads out there where I'm very much critical of the little content that's provided, but this project and their devs are doing a fine job thus far.

Also might want to add that these numbers can be higher or lower as the differences are immense in regards to the quality of renders presented by the many developers out there. Higher quality obviously results in more time required, be it editing or fiddling around with DAZ settings (clipping of clothing, lighting...and so on. That list is long.)

You should've probably quoted the other guy instead as he's seemingly the one not understanding it as can be seen in my post, using the numbers he's provided. Which these numbers are obviously incorrect. But even if they were correct, his statements would still make no sense. That was basically my point.

Cheers

banqwert

Jul 2, 2020
Great update. For the length of time in development, the content is more than fair. And to top it off, the quality of the last scene is simply, chef's kiss. Thanks Fooxied!!!

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Three new quests popped up at the beginning. One was about the school gloryhole where Riley puts her hand on the cock. The other was a new encounter in the park in the morning and the third was about the side hustle at the bar. I haven't encountered anybody new at the park and there is no new conversation with Mike about the private party. The gloryhole episode seems to be only the one encounter. Is there more? She's also supposed to get closer with her schoolmates for being there for her, but, nothing seems to be happening. There's supposed to be something about the stripper and a gym, but, I can't find anything.
The new quests disappear and you have to go back to the main menu and reload in order to get the list of the new quests again. A little troublesome.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
No sooner do I post the above and Riley has her encounter at the park and talks to Mike about the private party. I love watching Riley taking her shower, man oh man, what a woman. I wish that you would get closer to those hard-to-reach places, so we players get a better view, lol. Just saying, would love to see Riley getting closer to the short blond-haired girl with the Rules sweatshirt on in the bar. She's a hot babe too. She and Riley together can make some beautiful music together. Riley gets my vote as one of the hottest babes in any of these games. She smoky, sultry look is amazing. You really hit it out of the park, designing Riley.

Gambacruda

Oct 6, 2020
What pc do you have to make 1600 renders in 2 months, that is impossible for a single person, even with a good PC.

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes