DM72

Apr 9, 2023
When Mike passed out, that would have been the perfect point for Jay and Wesley to mess with Riley... Maybe even if it was just fingering her and a hand job... just, something already... Letting us choose to flash the guy in the bar for extra cash, or not, would be a nice choice as well. Just let us turn her into a slut already xD

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
Inspite of the fact that i still like this game - i don't really like its too damn linear storyflow. Devs made the game as a sandbox thing, and fans of sanbox style expect it would allow freedom of actions and dialog choices would do have a meaning as a tool for alternative storybrunching. But it's not.
For example, in that episode a player have made so many choces, like to drunk Mike or to let him be a watcher of her lesbian kiss, much choices of her behaviour in bar and other locations, but actually all answers of player mostly influenced on nothing, maybe just a cosmetics or different backgrounds, but in general it was progressing only by one and same storyline scenario actually, which ended under the table of the dean, no matter what a player was choosing for all the gameplay before that. Not much reasons for replaying it multiple times. :(
So if it goes like this - no matter what dialog options or gameplay actions a player would choose in next episode - it will lead a story to where? That's right. To a sqare hole...

I guess thats how some sandbox lovers may watch on that kind of sandboxing.

Last edited:

Dereck112

Mar 1, 2021
Inspite of the fact that i still like this game - i don't really like its too damn linear storyflow. Devs made the game as a sandbox thing, and fans of sanbox style expect it would allow freedom of actions and dialog choices would do have a meaning as a tool for alternative storybrunching. But it's not.
For example, in that episode a player have made so many choces, like to drunk Mike or to let him be a watcher of her lesbian kiss, much choices of her behaviour in bar and other locations, but actually all answers of player mostly influenced on nothing, maybe just a cosmetics or different backgrounds, but in general it was progressing only by one and same storyline scenario actually, which ended under the table of the dean, no matter what a player was choosing for all the gameplay before that. Not much reasons for replaying it multiple times. :(
So if it goes like this - no matter what dialog options or gameplay actions a player would choose in next episode - it will lead a story to where? That's right. To a sqare hole...

For me, a sandbox game is not necesary to have diferent paths depending on the choices, for me is deciding what to do when I want to do it, maybe I first want to go to the gym, then to the university, then with the neighbors and at the end to the beach, or whatever other order and still progress in the story without matter what I do first.

Reactions: Udayana

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018

People are so impatient and prefer to write 10 x 10 pages comments, instead read the info from developer or at least dev log.

People want to have all of the activities in the sandbox game to make it full, so they can roam around and do whatever they want.

People want to have 10x sex scenes in every scene.

And do you know when People want it? People want it now. In the game that first demo was released three months ago. Of course, those People don't bother to support the project or at least talk with dev and get the info how long it takes to create anything.

Are you the "People"?

Anna2

Sep 25, 2023
bigsexy57.... have you ever thought about how long it takes to incorporate so many different routes and options into a game? do you think fooxied works 24/7 for riley? Do you want to wait as long for updates as with awam? I don't believe...

The fact is... I have now played all the updates from Anna Exc., Laura, Victoria, Downfall, etc. etc.... Fooxied did it best - undisputed.. and the update date came EXACTLY on the predicted day. Look how long there were delays for Laura, Anna..etc.

fooxied has a plan and that's a good thing... I don't want him to get bogged down in 100 choices where no one knows what to do anymore.

Finally, if you don't like it, you should move on or create your own game. Don't forget to become a millionaire beforehand so that you have time to invest in a game 24 hours a day. ;-)

Reactions: LickDaSplit

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
bigsexy57.... have you ever thought about how long it takes to incorporate so many different routes and options into a game? do you think fooxied works 24/7 for riley? Do you want to wait as long for updates as with awam? I don't believe...

The fact is... I have now played all the updates from Anna Exc., Laura, Victoria, Downfall, etc. etc.... Fooxied did it best - undisputed.. and the update date came EXACTLY on the predicted day. Look how long there were delays for Laura, Anna..etc.

fooxied has a plan and that's a good thing... I don't want him to get bogged down in 100 choices where no one knows what to do anymore.

Finally, if you don't like it, you should move on or create your own game. Don't forget to become a millionaire beforehand so that you have time to invest in a game 24 hours a day. ;-)
Let's also avoid swinging from one extreme to another.

However, small or medium projects cannot afford to create too many additional features or branches in the game, as this often leads to many of them being abandoned. We aim to continuously populate the in-game world (gym, television, sauna, restroom, interactive character conversations etc. in every update), as well as currently adding branches in the game that make sense and do not require the creation of entirely new storylines. This approach ensures the game becomes broader, not longer. Players following one storyline would otherwise have to wait a long time just to see 'his' few scenes.

We are not an Ubisoft or Activision, but just crowdfunding project. Thanks to the support on patreon, we can currently ensure that the game WILL NOT EVER be abandoned, as the support is sufficient to pay all the people in the project, as well as ongoing expenses such as licences, assets etc., but we still can't afford to hire additional renderers or writers to work on different branches in the same time.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
People are so impatient and prefer to write 10 x 10 pages comments, instead read the info from developer or at least dev log.

People want to have all of the activities in the sandbox game to make it full, so they can roam around and do whatever they want.

People want to have 10x sex scenes in every scene.

And do you know when People want it? People want it now. In the game that first demo was released three months ago. Of course, those People don't bother to support the project or at least talk with dev and get the info how long it takes to create anything.

Are you the "People"?
One old BBS (not bbc..) adagio: D.F.T.T.

Reactions: Fooxied
Jan 13, 2021
It is a great game and i don t care about swinging, cheating, ntr or whatever. I just prefer 2 possible choices for Riley (or for my gameplay). "YES"...i want to see the scene....or "NO"...i don t want to....and move on with the Gameplay. Its the same with all the other games (Anna, AWAM etc.) Every "spicey" Scene gives us (the Players) a choice...and i like that. Thats all. :)

Aug 20, 2023
It is a great game and i don t care about swinging, cheating, ntr or whatever. I just prefer 2 possible choices for Riley (or for my gameplay). "YES"...i want to see the scene....or "NO"...i don t want to....and move on with the Gameplay. Its the same with all the other games (Anna, AWAM etc.) Every "spicey" Scene gives us (the Players) a choice...and i like that. Thats all. :)
Also like these types of choices, like in "Innocence or Money", one of the best games in which a woman has the option of cheating on her partner. In this case, Jennifer always has the choice between being faithful or falling into the temptation of other mens, this is very good because it is the player who chooses the character's path, otherwise it is a soap opera and we just follow the script.

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
I'm on the side of I'd rather have a choice in these scenes of falling or staying strong. Choice is the reason I got into visual Novels in the first place. Story was followed second. Now I have enjoyed some games that are "linear" in their storytelling I'd rather have the choice of staying faithful (maybe swinging or open relationship) or falling to corruption which is what I hoped this game would be. Maybe it will at some point but that's up to the creators not me.

To play devils advocate tho. The complexity that even having 2 choices in a single scene adds to a game can't be ignored.

Scene 1 you can choose A or B

Scene 2 needs then 2 versions one coming from A and one coming from B. Add 2 choices to that scene and you can get 4 paths out of that scene to adapt to.

And so on and so on.

Now most games these choices only result in either some dialogue tweaks, a few different renders, just ignoring some choices, Or they just keep you on a specific path. But a sandbox game like this with multiple different subplots going on like the mafia, school, bar, etc. And then each subplot would need to be adjusted depending on if Riley comes into them already faithful or corrupted. And also did she stay faithful in one but fell to corruption in another?

If the developers wants to add in all these options that I and some people would like they have to really want to add them in since it's a substantial increase in coding, writing, animating, rendering. Essentially like adding almost another game on top of this one.

And if people want the option to not deny but slow down Riley's corruption, each scene would then need to be tailored to how far along she is.

I don't Envy the Dev's in trying to satisfy as many people as they can.

Perhaps they could tweak dialogue depending on the choices you make, having one version be more about Riley experimenting when her husband opens the relationship and is off doing his own thing with other women. Less need for new renders and more about the dialogue then situations needing change. Tho I feel like this might be way too silly to just justify the no cheating/staying faithful path, but to me the easiest to implement without as much of an impact on the overhead of the game. They could even relay their experiences at home to each other sometimes.

Spoiler I dipped out early when I realized it wasn't my type of game after all, but I still like reading discussions about the various viewpoints in games. So I may have gotten some things about the game wrong sorry.

Fooxied

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I'm on the side of I'd rather have a choice in these scenes of falling or staying strong. Choice is the reason I got into visual Novels in the first place. Story was followed second. Now I have enjoyed some games that are "linear" in their storytelling I'd rather have the choice of staying faithful (maybe swinging or open relationship) or falling to corruption which is what I hoped this game would be. Maybe it will at some point but that's up to the creators not me.

To play devils advocate tho. The complexity that even having 2 choices in a single scene adds to a game can't be ignored.

Scene 1 you can choose A or B

Scene 2 needs then 2 versions one coming from A and one coming from B. Add 2 choices to that scene and you can get 4 paths out of that scene to adapt to.

And so on and so on.

Now most games these choices only result in either some dialogue tweaks, a few different renders, just ignoring some choices, Or they just keep you on a specific path. But a sandbox game like this with multiple different subplots going on like the mafia, school, bar, etc. And then each subplot would need to be adjusted depending on if Riley comes into them already faithful or corrupted. And also did she stay faithful in one but fell to corruption in another?

If the developers wants to add in all these options that I and some people would like they have to really want to add them in since it's a substantial increase in coding, writing, animating, rendering. Essentially like adding almost another game on top of this one.

And if people want the option to not deny but slow down Riley's corruption, each scene would then need to be tailored to how far along she is.

I don't Envy the Dev's in trying to satisfy as many people as they can.

Perhaps they could tweak dialogue depending on the choices you make, having one version be more about Riley experimenting when her husband opens the relationship and is off doing his own thing with other women. Less need for new renders and more about the dialogue then situations needing change. Tho I feel like this might be way too silly to just justify the no cheating/staying faithful path, but to me the easiest to implement without as much of an impact on the overhead of the game. They could even relay their experiences at home to each other sometimes.

Spoiler I dipped out early when I realized it wasn't my type of game after all, but I still like reading discussions about the various viewpoints in games. So I may have gotten some things about the game wrong sorry.
Man of culture. I like it, I'm down to discuss.

As you mentioned, adding even one significant choice that alters the concept of the entire plot/thread creates a second game in addition to the original one, effectively doubling the number of scenes and expanding the gameplay (widens, does not lengthen - but replayability is also welcome). There is some truth to this, but usually, entirely separate scenes aren't always created. Sometimes they interweave within a diamond-like structure. However, there's another issue at hand—this refers to just one primary choice. It tends to become monotonous because then that storyline also becomes linear. Players anticipate further choices, prompting us to split that storyline into two, and so forth. In this case, creating a game becomes nearly impossible.

People also often mention that even the possibility of simply abandoning a scene is a sufficient choice. Well, in this type of game it is not feasible or simply unrealistic. The game is based on corruption, that is, changing the FMC character with the course of events. Situations that change her worldview STOPPEDLY. If the player decided that Riley doesn't succumb to blackmail, doesn't want to stream with Elijah, doesn't agree to kiss Ivy, what sense would it make to suddenly give the choice of, for example, using the glory hole? After all, it makes no sense why she would make such a DRASTIC CHANGE if she was against everything before.

Heading towards the goal, I just wanted to say that creating choices and granting players freedom is much more complex than it looks like to everyone. It's something everyone desires and aims for, but the game has a specific storyline and a defined endpoint. Crafting abstract (i.e., faithful wife, no cheating) storylines would require a substantial amount of effort for minimal gain since few would venture in that direction, making the game (almost) SFW. That would be great of course, but not doable in such a small team.

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
instead read the info from developer or at least dev log.
Finaly got some time for answering here. Before that i'd like to read what you have mentioned, especially dev log. I searched for it, but couldn't found. Could you, please, provide me the link for such kind info as your plans and ideas about what this game is going to become. I mean, maybe i am wrong in my expectations of its future, or it would be even more pleasunt than i wish. Just wanna check what's already writen, before to answer on your message further.

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes