alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
The English version of the game was broken, so I took the time to fix it. I did this for myself, but figured I'd share my work in case other people find it useful. The archive partial-en-fix.7z contains 2 files:
Evtext3.wolf -- fixes the untranslated text for the DLC H-scenes
MapData2.wolf -- fixes the south map, including the bonus dungeon (DLC areas)
You just need to replace the files with the same name in the Data directory with these ones (backup the old ones just in case).

Edit: for a more complete patch that also fixes missing voices see my next post. I highly recommend using that instead since the voice acting in this game is very good. However, the full patch is more technically challenging to apply so if you can't or won't unpack the game you can use this partial fix instead; I've been updating both.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
The English version of the game was broken, so I took the time to fix it. I did this for myself, but figured I'd share my work in case other people find it useful. The archive en-fix.7z contains 2 files:
You just need to replace the files with the same name in the Data directory with these ones (backup the old ones just in case).

does this fix the voices being gone also?

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
does this fix the voices being gone also?
I have not noticed voices being absent, but that's perhaps because I'm playing the game unpacked. I can look into it. Can you give me an example of a scene that's missing voice?
Yes, I see the problem happens when running Game_EN.exe but doesn't happen in the version I'm playing (in which I unpacked all the files). I'm going to see if it's possible to make a patch fix for that. If not I'll post instructions for unpacking.

Update: So the problem is that the text inside Evtext.wolf and Evtext2.wolf is malformed. The game expects character names to be followed by ":" but in the AI TL version they're followed by ":". This doesn't change anything visually but somehow messes up the voices (I guess the character is used as a trigger). I accidentally fixed this for myself when I re-translated Evtext and Evtext2 from the original Japanese because I wanted a better translation. I can upload those files as well, but patching them is not as simple as Evtext3 because those 2 are found inside Game_EN.exe. The only way to replace them is to unpack Game_EN.exe first. So I'll make another patch and write instructions for unpacking the exe.

Update2: With a bit of trial and error I figured out that the trigger for Monica's voice lines is "Monica:" (the last character is Unicode FF1A). If you change any part of that then the voice line doesn't play. The AI TL botched it by using ASCII 3A (":") as the final character. The other 2 voiced characters have similar triggers: "Milli:" and "Sophia:".

Update3: When Monica splits in 2 during the clinical trial her clones have different voices and different voice triggers: "Monica (Large):" and "Monica (Small):"

Last edited:

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
Here is a more complete fix for the English version of the game. The contents are:
Evtext.wolf Evtext2.wolf -- fixes the missing voices from base game H-scenes, also re-translates them using a different MTL
SystemFile2.wolf -- changes the title screen to English

In order to apply the patch it is necessary to unpack Game_EN.exe first.

The patch needs to be unpacked into the game directory, which should overwrite 5 files in the Data subdirectory (you'll be prompted to confirm the overwrite).

Last edited:

Z_z_Z

Jul 24, 2017
Here is a more complete fix for the English version of the game. The contents are:
Evtext.wolf Evtext2.wolf -- fixes the missing voices from base game H-scenes, also re-translates them using a different MTL

The patch needs to be unpacked into the game directory, which should overwrite 5 files in the Data subdirectory (you'll be prompted to confirm the overwrite).

Update (20240424): Added title screen fix. Added note about renaming the unpacked exe to Game_EN.exe for save compatibility.
literal legend, i knew it had to be something with the compressed files but i'm uneducated. appreciate you making this

Reactions: AininChase

RebelCrow64

Aug 26, 2018

Update (20240424): Added title screen fix. Added note about renaming the unpacked exe to Game_EN.exe for save compatibility.
thanks for doing this.

BTW do you know if kyle getting with the other girls is an event you can get in-game or is just gallery exclusive? also how to get them?

chordveil

Mar 28, 2018

thank you so much for taking the time to share this even if you do this for personal project, really appreciate this so i hope you have a good one for days ahead

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
BTW do you know if kyle getting with the other girls is an event you can get in-game or is just gallery exclusive? also how to get them?
If you're talking about the Kyle+Milli and Kyle+Sophia endings, they're "what if" scenarios viewable only in the recollection gallery. You just need to beat the game once to unlock them (fastest way is using the cow skip).
If you're talking about the H scenes, you get those by visiting the girls in their rooms at the inn while playing as Kyle. Some of the scenes require Monica's guilt/exposure stats to reach certain levels.

How do I get comdoms I need to proceed to the next events
There are 3 shops in the game: Costume shop in the west district, Item shop central, Suspicious shop in the east. The last one sells condoms.

Reactions: RebelCrow64

Justaweeb1

Aug 24, 2023

Update (20240425): Fix some translation issues.
Im getting this Error Maybe the game wasnt able to unpack properly i tried 2-3 times but it just stuck here the Patch to unlock new area worked but the voice patch is not working for me and im not getting any newly created %DEFAULT FOLDER% when I unpacked the game I am using the 0.62 version of EngimaVBunpacker. Does somebody have any idea why??????
game.PNG

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
Im getting this Error Maybe the game wasnt able to unpack properly i tried 2-3 times but it just stuck here the Patch to unlock new area worked but the voice patch is not working for me and im not getting any newly created %DEFAULT FOLDER% when I unpacked the game I am using the 0.62 version of EngimaVBunpacker. Does somebody have any idea why??????
Based on the title of the window it looks like you're running the Japanese version. Are you sure you tried unpacking Game_EN.exe, not Game.exe? Take a look at the messages in the Enigma Unpacker window for errors. If you don't get a new folder and a new "_unpacked" exe then unpacking didn't work, or else it wrote the output somewhere else.

ugrena

Feb 18, 2018
There's definitely something wrong with the Game_EN.exe I've tried multiple times to run it but every time I attempt to it just immediately results in a crash on the menu and then Game_EN.exe just disappears. I have Window protector off and when I check it doesn't react. Can someone please help out?
Make sure you don't have the game buried in a bunch of other folders.

3.80 star(s) 14 Votes