Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

dustbluemoon

Jun 21, 2017
Looking pretty good. I greatly appreciate customized and original characters (not to mention realistically proportioned). And you clearly know your way around HS2. Keep it up!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Looking pretty good. I greatly appreciate customized and original characters (not to mention realistically proportioned). And you clearly know your way around HS2. Keep it up!
Glad you like it :D I wanted to make sure all the characters were sufficiently different, and not have too many to be able to flesh out in future updates. I see games with like 25 LI's and I can never remember which one is which.

I'm kinda trying to push HS2 as much as I can beyond what it normally does. It's tough though, and my computer currently hates me. With some of the stuff I've got planned, I'm gonna have to either upgrade, or get a lot better with adobe premiere. (Still, it beats torturing my computer with Daz 3d. I think it would have caught fire long ago if I'd tried to make this project in daz)

Reactions: wiseold6996

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
As for the clocks, there's a limited amount I can do. The clocks in game are either props, or part of the maps used, and I can't actually change the time try display. I've tried making the ingame events take place at times so the clocks are correct, but there's only so many events that can take place at 9:29 Or whatever they're set to. It's a bit annoying really. I might poke fun at it later in the game.
I see what you mean. The only thing I can suggest is, for each clock you have in the game, create 12 or more editable props with different times drawn in to use in your rendering application. This could be useful for future games as well as a sellable item.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I see what you mean. The only thing I can suggest is, for each clock you have in the game, create 12 or more editable props with different times drawn in to use in your rendering application. This could be useful for future games as well as a sellable item.
Hehehem, it's honey select 2. Almost all of the props and maps are community made mods. I did make the dorm building though. It almost killed my computer doing so. It's really not built for blender.

If all goes well though I'll be able to upgrade at some point and then I can look at making custom assets that don't cause my pc to catch fire.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Atemsiel I have a random question Are the 2 girls from the pool scene going to have any significant in the story? I mean arw they going to be love interest? Because I love their models and it would be cool add them to the harem. I really like when all the girls you can have sex with can be added to the harem. Sorry to bother you with a silly question.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Atemsiel I have a random question Are the 2 girls from the pool scene going to have any significant in the story? I mean arw they going to be love interest? Because I love their models and it would be cool add them to the harem. I really like when all the girls you can have sex with can be added to the harem. Sorry to bother you with a silly question.
They are probably side LI who may appear later but will not be a main Li

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
It's not a silly question, I've been asked it a few times actually.

Originally they were side characters who served as a way for me to include some kind of h scene early in the game, before it would have made sense for any of the main characters to get involved with MC. However, they ended up being somewhat popular, so I have actually written them into the stories of the some of the main girls (Each one has their own story for you to follow)

Whether they end up as full LI's is uncertain. I don't want to have too many characters to juggle and risk having their stories suffer because I put too much on my plate.

But yes, they will be appearing again, and they will have more animated scenes, they just won't be getting as much attention as the main girls (At the moment)

Fuck it, I actually have an old menu screen video I made of the two of them but I left out of the game because I didn't want to feature them so heavily considering they were just side characters. I'll put it on my twitter I guess.

They are probably side LI who may appear later but will not be a main Li
Yeah pretty much exactly this, but just substitute "may" for "will".

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
It's not a silly question, I've been asked it a few times actually.

Originally they were side characters who served as a way for me to include some kind of h scene early in the game, before it would have made sense for any of the main characters to get involved with MC. However, they ended up being somewhat popular, so I have actually written them into the stories of the some of the main girls (Each one has their own story for you to follow)

Whether they end up as full LI's is uncertain. I don't want to have too many characters to juggle and risk having their stories suffer because I put too much on my plate.

But yes, they will be appearing again, and they will have more animated scenes, they just won't be getting as much attention as the main girls (At the moment)

Fuck it, I actually have an old menu screen video I made of the two of them but I left out of the game because I didn't want to feature them so heavily considering they were just side characters. I'll put it on my twitter I guess.

Yeah pretty much exactly this, but just substitute "may" for "will".
Thanks for answering, yeaI know how difficult is to balance too many characters when screen time is limited. I mean they don't need a 200 pages story arc each but I think it would be nice to have them involved in the main event of the game and have small secundary arcs and eventually join in to the harem. Maybe is just me but I don't like to leave any girl behind, specially if they are cute. Hahaha

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Missed scenes 5 and 6... any clue of what I did wrong?
So those are the Cassie hookup scenes. To get them, you need to choose two specific options in that flirty text conversation you have with her.

Basically, choose to be flirty, and then say "I think you're plenty sexy as is.."

Then when you're talking to her alone in the evening at your place, bring up the texts when you get the option.

I'll be releasing a guide at some point because of stuff like this. By all means, go back and unlock the scenes if you want, but feel free to continue the story as it is without those scenes because things will play out differently depending on what scenes you do and don't unlock. (Not counting scenes unlocked on other saves or with rollback)

There's no right way to do things, and there are no failure states. You can even play through the whole game without seeing any scenes at all if you really want, but if you do that for long enough the girls might take the hint and lose interest or something. (In future updates.)

Don't worry though if you do actually want a relationship with Cassie but like the way things are going now. Even if you missed the first chance she gives you, it won't be the last time she tries. She wants that D lol

She might have to wait her turn though because there's been a lot of Cassie so far so the next update will be featuring more of the other girls.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Well shit, I really wish that I would have checked the dev notes before giving this one a try. I just saw the Romance and Harem tags, along with the high rating, and thought that I would give it a go. Not a fan of some of those tags listed in the notes. So, I'm really not expecting to enjoy this one much, but I did see this:
If you're not into bdsm and all that stuff then there's still a way you can play this. You'll kinda see what I mean in the next update. The game does have a heavy focus on that kind of content, but part of that focus is the MC finding ways to avoid it if they want. It's really hard to explain without giving away what's going on.
So, maybe there is still hope. I will cautiously wait and see how things playout in the next update.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Well shit, I really wish that I would have checked the dev notes before giving this one a try. I just saw the Romance and Harem tags, along with the high rating, and thought that I would give it a go. Not a fan of some of those tags listed in the notes. So, I'm really not expecting to enjoy this one much, but I did this:

So, maybe there is still hope. I will cautiously wait and see how things playout in the next update.
That's fair enough. I don't intend to force players to do punishment type content if they don't want to, but because I'm splitting dev time between vanilla romantic stuff and punishment/submission stuff, if you're just into the former then it'll essentially be half a game to you. The reason I have the choice there is because at the end of the day, I'm making the game for me. I like both kinds of content pretty equally. I figure if people like what I'm making, that's cool, if not, that's cool too.

I should probably reword the dev notes though because it makes it sound as if the romantic side of things is an afterthought. Punishment/Submission themes will always be part of the story, but whether the girls are subjected to it, or protected from it is up to the player.

(Even Olivia has a romantic kinda route planned. Even though I expect almost everyone will lean into the punishment side of things for her because she a hyper bitch right now)

You're right though, the next update should shed some more light on how things will work.

Out of interest, how far did you get through it?

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
That's fair enough. I don't intend to force players to do punishment type content if they don't want to, but because I'm splitting dev time between vanilla romantic stuff and punishment/submission stuff, if you're just into the former then it'll essentially be half a game to you. The reason I have the choice there is because at the end of the day, I'm making the game for me. I like both kinds of content pretty equally. I figure if people like what I'm making, that's cool, if not, that's cool too.

I should probably reword the dev notes though because it makes it sound as if the romantic side of things is an afterthought. Punishment/Submission themes will always be part of the story, but whether the girls are subjected to it, or protected from it is up to the player.

(Even Olivia has a romantic kinda route planned. Even though I expect almost everyone will lean into the punishment side of things for her because she a hyper bitch right now)

You're right though, the next update should shed some more light on how things will work.

Out of interest, how far did you get through it?
I got to the end of the current content. I will probably at least give the punishment stuff a try on Olivia, but it will depend on how extreme things get whether I will continue that route or not. It will also depend on how the MC reacts to doing it as well. I am glad that we will at least get a choice. Anyway, I will wait and see how things playout.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Atemsiel

OMG you put dates in the changelog spoiler. This alone increases my liking of your work. Now to try the game.
Just to provide a bit more clarity for this, the dates in the changelog are when the update is actually initially released (They go to my top tier patrons first on the date listed). The listed date is probably not when it actually showed up here unless it gets leaked super fast lol. Hope you enjoy the game. If you get a bug about "CassieInfo.Handjobs" just ignore it and move on. It won't affect anything in 0.12 and the bug will be fixed in the next version.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
This game has some odd timing choices, sometimes you have to wait for things to autoplay or clicking skips through things too quickly. It's wonky cause it trains you to be careful which leads to regularly repeating episodes of staring at a static screen waiting just to be sure or having to scroll back to let things play 'properly'. Not a fan tbh, if things are going to be coded such that things happen automatically the worst a click should do is skip the current step in the series, not multiples of them, that or it should just be prevented from skipping anything. I don't expect this to be changed though, too much work for one persons personal preferences.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
This game has some odd timing choices, sometimes you have to wait for things to autoplay or clicking skips through things too quickly. It's wonky cause it trains you to be careful which leads to regularly repeating episodes of staring at a static screen waiting just to be sure or having to scroll back to let things play 'properly'.
Fair points to be honest. It's actually something I've noticed quite a lot while making it as well. Admittedly, I'd kinda forgotten about it recently because this is the first time it's been brought up.

If things are going to be coded such that things happen automatically the worst a click should do is skip the current step in the series, not multiples of them.
There's something like this when rolling back certain sequences of images since rolling back goes back to the last text/dialogue. As for clicking though, do you have an example of when a click has skipped more than one step? That's not supposed to happen so it'd be useful for bugfixing.

I don't expect this to be changed though, too much work for one persons personal preferences.
You're probably right in the short term since I'm focusing on content at the moment, but I imagine this will be something I'll look at at some point. It's an interesting perspective though. Since basically all the testing is done by me, and I know exactly how things are intended to play out, it's a good point to raise. Players won't always know. Thanks for the feedback.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That's not supposed to happen so it'd be useful for bugfixing.
It's not a case of skipping multiple coded steps but in how the steps are coded to play out, when a line is interrupted by the next line, like when someone cuts into a conversation, clicking during the first line engages the auto-follow-through, this can be two lines or more if there's a longer sequence but how it ends up for the reader is several quick fire lines, far too fast to read. I don't think it's a case of bugs in the code but just a consequence of how it's coded to play out and how the player can fuck with that intention by just... being a player who isn't the dev.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Atemsiel... *sigh*... you have more than earned that simulation tag you mentioned, perfect rendition of a teeth grinding task with a perfect landing on the 'oh so not too long then' flourish at the end. In short, fuck you, good job, 10/10.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
It's not a case of skipping multiple coded steps but in how the steps are coded to play out, when a line is interrupted by the next line, like when someone cuts into a conversation, clicking during the first line engages the auto-follow-through, this can be two lines or more if there's a longer sequence but how it ends up for the reader is several quick fire lines, far too fast to read. I don't think it's a case of bugs in the code but just a consequence of how it's coded to play out and how the player can fuck with that intention by just... being a player who isn't the dev.
Ahhh I see what you mean. I found myself annoyed by this while creating the newest update actually. Initially I thought it added some flare, but I may or may not have forgotten that not everyone playing is gonna be native English. May well get rid of the auto skips and just leave the hyphen there to imply there's a skip. Shouldn't take too long to go through to do that. I'll decide later in the month.

Reactions: Bingoogus
4.80 star(s) 88 Votes