Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Oh that! "Wording!" That's the term I've been thinking of. Confusion on regards what things they're actually saying, that's mainly the thing that made uncomfortable.

As for the choice I've made on the SMS, I'll keep it yes. But it would still be nice to opt out of Lesbian content, like that choice from the one I've pictured. What I like in regards to other girls having fun is if only the MC is present. Not when they're just by themselves.

That's pretty much the only reason I said yes to that SMS conversation after all. As stated, "As long as you're not going behind my back, I've got no problem with it."

Edit:
I'll keep it at "yes" and see what happens. When we actually get to something that is bad to me, I'll simply go back for as how long it would take me. Just to undo that mistake.
You should be fine. I try to include some kind of way to avoid scenes for all scenes. (I think I forgot to do this for the ones when Cassie stays overnight though.) This means that you may be prompted for a few more options like this, but you can just press the arbitrary "Actually I'm not in the mood" button. Worth noting that doing so actually means that the event didn't happen, rather than you just not seeing it. This means that skipping scenes can actually affect the story.

For example, by skipping the lesbian scene, you'll miss out on a scene later on where Cassie takes Riley to a sex shop to get her first toy. In some instances, you'll get another scene instead, in others, you just miss out on a scene. However, the scenes you miss out on will usually be related to whatever you decided to skip, so you'd possibly want to skip those as well, so I guess it works out.

I may be including something in the options menu at some point to allow people to toggle these key options on and off. Dunno yet. Depends how branched it ends up being.

If you actually wanna toggle that choice without going back, you can enable the console (You can google how to do that if you don't already know) and run the command CassieLesbian1 = False

That command will basically make it as if you said no to Cassie when she asked via SMS. As you might imagine, setting it to true does the opposite.

Anyway, when the next update comes out message me and I'll tell you exactly how to avoid the stuff you don't like if you tell me what it is.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
You should be fine. I try to include some kind of way to avoid scenes for all scenes. (I think I forgot to do this for the ones when Cassie stays overnight though.) This means that you may be prompted for a few more options like this, but you can just press the arbitrary "Actually I'm not in the mood" button. Worth noting that doing so actually means that the event didn't happen, rather than you just not seeing it. This means that skipping scenes can actually affect the story.

For example, by skipping the lesbian scene, you'll miss out on a scene later on where Cassie takes Riley to a sex shop to get her first toy. In some instances, you'll get another scene instead, in others, you just miss out on a scene. However, the scenes you miss out on will usually be related to whatever you decided to skip, so you'd possibly want to skip those as well, so I guess it works out.

I may be including something in the options menu at some point to allow people to toggle these key options on and off. Dunno yet. Depends how branched it ends up being.

If you actually wanna toggle that choice without going back, you can enable the console (You can google how to do that if you don't already know) and run the command CassieLesbian1 = False

That command will basically make it as if you said no to Cassie when she asked via SMS. As you might imagine, setting it to true does the opposite.

Anyway, when the next update comes out message me and I'll tell you exactly how to avoid the stuff you don't like if you tell me what it is.
Holy shit, what a load of features! I often don't like experimenting and looking out for possible combinations of events based on the choices that I previously made. But the experience on playing this game might actually be a bit interesting this time around...

If the branching really can go far and wide, I suggest adding a way to name your saves. This could be a good addition even if the player is being guided by a walkthrough (be it a PDF or a Mod).

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
If the branching really can go far and wide, I suggest adding a way to name your saves. This could be a good addition even if the player is being guided by a walkthrough (be it a PDF or a Mod).
Good idea, I think I'll do that for 0.2 (If nothing else it'll help me out during testing. I've had to completely restart the game and skip my way through it probably about 30 times)

I'm also hoping to have a 2nd scene gallery which displays the scenes in kinda like a flowchart so you can see the routes you take. I haven't worked out how to do that yet though so I guess we'll see. This game will definitely need a walkthrough or mod of some sort before long though. I might make it myself and just put it in the game itself. Dunno yet. But yeah, the story is intended to branch. In some cases you'll get different events, in other cases events will just play out a different way. Only time will tell if I'm able to do this well or not.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hmm. Can anyone tell me what choice I screwed up on that didn't unlock the 4th top scene in the replay?

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
im not with Cassie and never had any msg telling her she can fool around with Riley so is that a bug or the game just gonna pretend that i did

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
im not with Cassie and never had any msg telling her she can fool around with Riley so is that a bug or the game just gonna pretend that i did
If you aren't with Cassie (Never hooked up with her when she slept over) then she won't ask your permission to fool around with Riley, she'll just do what she wants.

You're only meant to get the text if you're a couple at the time.

Hmm. Can anyone tell me what choice I screwed up on that didn't unlock the 4th top scene in the replay?
To get that scene, you need to be flirty with Cassie via text, and then not bring up the texts when you are talking to her when she stays at your house. There's another way to get it too, but this is the easiest way. It isn't possible to get all the scenes in one playthrough without using saves or backroll. I'll be releasing some sort of guide at some point because it's gonna get pretty complicated.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
If you aren't with Cassie (Never hooked up with her when she slept over) then she won't ask your permission to fool around with Riley, she'll just do what she wants.

You're only meant to get the text if you're a couple at the time.

To get that scene, you need to be flirty with Cassie via text, and then not bring up the texts when you are talking to her when she stays at your house. There's another way to get it too, but this is the easiest way. It isn't possible to get all the scenes in one playthrough without using saves or backroll. I'll be releasing some sort of guide at some point because it's gonna get pretty complicated.
so will she keep trying to fuck Riley even if we dont want her to, because Riley is my main LI and that will be kinda shitty if she will as i have no interest in girl on girl

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
so will she keep trying to fuck Riley even if we dont want her to, because Riley is my main LI and that will be kinda shitty if she will as i have no interest in girl on girl
If you didn't hook up with Cassie, shortly into the next update, there's a conversation you'll have with Cassie which will stop her going after Riley if you don't want that. Cassie knows Riley is into the MC and will happily leave her alone if you don't want that. She might go after the other girls though unless you do something to stop her lol. You'll see some of the options you have for controlling her behaviour in the next update.

But yeah don't worry, I'm not gonna force anyone to watch lesbian scenes if they're not interested. Everything has a choice, but of course skipping the lebsian stuff may affect how the story goes.

Glad you like Riley though. Ngl she's my favourite. Short red hair just kills me.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Are the blonde and the brunette in the pool LIs?

If you didn't hook up with Cassie, shortly into the next update, there's a conversation you'll have with Cassie which will stop her going after Riley if you don't want that. Cassie knows Riley is into the MC and will happily leave her alone if you don't want that. She might go after the other girls though unless you do something to stop her lol. You'll see some of the options you have for controlling her behaviour in the next update.

But yeah don't worry, I'm not gonna force anyone to watch lesbian scenes if they're not interested. Everything has a choice, but of course skipping the lebsian stuff may affect how the story goes.

Glad you like Riley though. Ngl she's my favourite. Short red hair just kills me.
Actually when I get the chance to choose to avoid lesbian scenes I'll happily take it.

Reactions: LordSinner

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Are the blonde and the brunette in the pool LIs?
The blonde and the brunette are side characters who will be appearing again later. I have plans for them, but those plans aren't as fleshed out as they are for the other girls. They'll only become full LI's if I can find a way to do it properly later on. It wasn't planned from the start. At very least, they have names and a plan for how they'll intergrate with the story later.

Actually when I get the chance to choose to avoid lesbian scenes I'll happily take it.
That's fair enough. It's something I wanted to include since I'm mostly making this game for me, but I know not everyone likes lesbian scenes, so I try to include ways for people to avoid them if they want. (And in the lesbian scenes that I do include, I'm very much trying to write them in a way as not to cause jealousy.) That's the same for any scene though. I don't want the player to be forced to see any scenes, so I try to make them all avoidable in some way. (Even if it's not obvious how on some of them at the moment)

In fact I think up to this point it's actually possible to play through the game without seeing a single h scene. I'd have to check that, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The blonde and the brunette are side characters who will be appearing again later. I have plans for them, but those plans aren't as fleshed out as they are for the other girls. They'll only become full LI's if I can find a way to do it properly later on. It wasn't planned from the start. At very least, they have names and a plan for how they'll intergrate with the story later.
I'm possibly weird, but unless at least the blonde is a LI, the locker room scene doesn't interest me at all. So for now I'm going to avoid doing it.

That's fair enough. It's something I wanted to include since I'm mostly making this game for me, but I know not everyone likes lesbian scenes, so I try to include ways for people to avoid them if they want. (And in the lesbian scenes that I do include, I'm very much trying to write them in a way as not to cause jealousy.) That's the same for any scene though. I don't want the player to be forced to see any scenes, so I try to make them all avoidable in some way. (Even if it's not obvious how on some of them at the moment)

In fact I think up to this point it's actually possible to play through the game without seeing a single h scene. I'd have to check that, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.
It has nothing to do with jealousy, disgust, or anything similar. I just find lesbian sex boring so I avoid watching it.

Reactions: LordSinner

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'm possibly weird, but unless at least the blonde is a LI, the locker room scene doesn't interest me at all. So for now I'm going to avoid doing it.

It has nothing to do with jealousy, disgust, or anything similar. I just find lesbian sex boring so I avoid watching it.
Totally fine, I make things skippable so people can avoid them if they want for any reason. There's also no penalty for skipping the scene in the locker room. The only difference that'll make is it'll change some of the dialogue when she appears in the story later. Tbh I'd like to make them LI's I just already have 7 characters to make stuff for. Don't wanna put too much on my plate. At least for now, while I have a full time job on top of making this.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Totally fine, I make things skippable so people can avoid them if they want for any reason. There's also no penalty for skipping the scene in the locker room. The only difference that'll make is it'll change some of the dialogue when she appears in the story later. Tbh I'd like to make them LI's I just already have 7 characters to make stuff for. Don't wanna put too much on my plate. At least for now, while I have a full time job on top of making this.
Ok, I guess if she ends up being an LI, I'll have to load a save game to get the scene.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Ok, I guess if she ends up being an LI, I'll have to load a save game to get the scene.
It won't be for a while yet if it happens, so if it ever gets to that point, message me and I'll just send you some console commands to sort it out without you having to play the whole game again.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I'd thought about adding the ability to take pictures with the phone, but currently it's not planned. It may still happen depending on how difficult it is to implement, but right now I'm focused on getting the story rolling.

Edit - To clarify this, I mean just whip the phone out whenever to take a picture of whatever you want. Can't currently do that. Of course the main character can use the phone camera though, but only at moments where I've written it in. At the moment, anyway.

I'm not sure if you've played this first version, but if you have then I guess you already know most of what the phone does. I plan to have it used pretty extensively. (Damn right too, it took me ages to make that phone, I couldn't find a phone tutorial that I liked when I started learning Ren'Py, so I ended up just making it from scratch)

I do have plans for moments where the MC may decide to take a picture of something (Such as a girl changing) and then that sort of thing will be saved in one of the phone galleries. (Along with any selfies you receive)
I have a couple of suggestions for the messaging...one would be to make the clickable action spot more noticeable, such as a button outline. The other suggestion would be to provide message indicator for each contact, such as making the text indicator white, to stand out. This would help the player a lot.

1661429251502.png

Aside from that, one other thing I have noticed is that the clocks in the game, including the alarm, wall and phone clocks differ from the time stated in the script.

Other than that, this is a very good game. Keep up the good work.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I have a couple of suggestions for the messaging...one would be to make the clickable action spot more noticeable, such as a button outline. The other suggestion would be to provide message indicator for each contact, such as making the text indicator white, to stand out. This would help the player a lot.

Aside from that, one other thing I have noticed is that the clocks in the game, including the alarm, wall and phone clocks differ from the time stated in the script.

Other than that, this is a very good game. Keep up the good work.
Good ideas for the phone. I'll look into it. As for the clocks, there's a limited amount I can do. The clocks in game are either props, or part of the maps used, and I can't actually change the time try display. I've tried making the ingame events take place at times so the clocks are correct, but there's only so many events that can take place at 9:29 Or whatever they're set to. It's a bit annoying really. I might poke fun at it later in the game.

Glad you liked the game. :D

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If the poll was which two girls you don't like at all, Akemi and Olivia win. In fact I have already decided that the MC has nothing to do with them.

It won't be for a while yet if it happens, so if it ever gets to that point, message me and I'll just send you some console commands to sort it out without you having to play the whole game again.
Possibly I'll start again to see what the scene is like (and maybe some other ones you do with them later).

In any case, I prefer to wait and restart the game when there is a guide or a walkthrough that makes it easy for me to choose the best options to obtain the LIs that interest me (which are all except Akemi and Olivia)

On the other hand, I'm not particularly excited about everything related to punishment: I don't like Bdsm, or Male Domination (I like femdom even less, honestly), or Spanking. Corruption depends on how it's done and what it'is done for. I actually got into the game because of the romance and harem tags. So this whole thing about The Magistrate is unexciting to me.

Finally ask, what the patreon version has at this time, will the public version have it in the future?

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
If the poll was which two girls you don't like at all, Akemi and Olivia win. In fact I have already decided that the MC has nothing to do with them.

Possibly I'll start again to see what the scene is like (and maybe some other ones you do with them later).

In any case, I prefer to wait and restart the game when there is a guide or a walkthrough that makes it easy for me to choose the best options to obtain the LIs that interest me (which are all except Akemi and Olivia)

On the other hand, I'm not particularly excited about everything related to punishment: I don't like Bdsm, or Male Domination (I like femdom even less, honestly), or Spanking. Corruption depends on how it's done and what it'is done for. I actually got into the game because of the romance and harem tags. So this whole thing about The Magistrate is unexciting to me.

Finally ask, what the patreon version has at this time, will the public version have it in the future?

So the poll is literally just for which characters you're excited for more content for. If you're not into punishment and stuff then it makes perfect sense why you're not interested in Olivia and Akemi, because they're kinda giant bitches. (They won't always be depending on how you treat them).

If you're not into bdsm and all that stuff then there's still a way you can play this. You'll kinda see what I mean in the next update. The game does have a heavy focus on that kind of content, but part of that focus is the MC finding ways to avoid it if they want. It's really hard to explain without giving away what's going on.

I'm sure I won't be able to make everyone happy, but since I also like the romance side of things, as well as the bdsm stuff, I'll be trying my best not to neglect either. Try each update I guess, and if you decide one day that I fucked it up then it's totally understandable to not play again.

As for the thing about the patreon vs public version, I'm not sure I understand, can you explain further?

Reactions: wiseold6996

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So the poll is literally just for which characters you're excited for more content for. If you're not into punishment and stuff then it makes perfect sense why you're not interested in Olivia and Akemi, because they're kinda giant bitches. (They won't always be depending on how you treat them).
I find it easier to say which are the LIs that I prefer not to have much content about.

If you're not into bdsm and all that stuff then there's still a way you can play this. You'll kinda see what I mean in the next update. The game does have a heavy focus on that kind of content, but part of that focus is the MC finding ways to avoid it if they want. It's really hard to explain without giving away what's going on.
I guess I'll see in the next update if I can be interested in the game.

In any case, it's becoming more and more clear to me that I need a walkthrough to play it.

As for the thing about the patreon vs public version, I'm not sure I understand, can you explain further?
It is because of what you indicated in the first post:

It's not really related to the game, but just so people know, I don't post the patreon version links here. I just update the thread with new info if someone leaks them. I will post public versions here though.
and what appears on your patreon page:

Screenshot_8.png

I guess the "early access" is the patreon version. My question is if everything that is included in that version will be available in future updates in the public version.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yes the public version is basically just all previous updates + a bit extra. People just have to wait longer to play the content if they're not a patron (Or pirate)

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes