Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
That's fair, in that case I will respond here, because otherwise it's just me being lazy.

I'll stop talking after this, get back writing on the game!!! :D

That's fair. It does say the same thing in a number of places, but it's essentially a hot and cold system. I suppose without being familiar with the layout of the prison, knowing where you might go to avoid being "Far" as it says, may be difficult. Like I said before, some people have had no issues with this, others get completely stopped by it. I seem to have accidentally created some kind of left brain / right brain test or something lol. I think for the next one I want to avoid it being a question of finding a key to a specific location. Instead, I want it to be more based on using the equipment described in the guide to look for clues at to what type of ghost it is. It's not for a while yet anyway, possibly not even this year. Hard to say.

I see, I've got no solution for this. either you end up with something too easy, or something only few will understand with this.
You could bypass it somewhat, by inputing some sort of timer. If the player struggles for too long, or visit the same rooms more than X time, an event happens, which leads to either "directions" or the item to be given in some fashion. Then the only thing you've got to work out, is how long or often the rooms gets visited to trigger it, as otherwise, people may be annoyed to have it essentially solved for them "too early."

Sounds kinda like a built in walkthrough mod. There's a guy in my discord (Lapdragon) who's making a walkthrough mod at the moment actually, though with how some of the choices are, it's a bit complicated to say what each one does, in the choice itself. Strange one really. I could create something which is a bit like a directors commentary that you can click for each choice, and it'll tell you where each option goes, but that might be a bit much. I'll think about it. One thing I've noticed is that for those who already support the game, the general consensus is "continue story before going back to improve previous things". But then the improvements potentially bring in new supporters. Guess it's a matter of managing priorities, and how I can use my time best. These changes would take a bit of time anyway so I think I'll wait until 0.21 has been out a bit longer and then decide what to do.

I was thinking in terms a lot simpler than that. Like "leads to scene in this updated" or "leads to scene in another update", and then something generic like "love route", "submission route", "domination route" , "friend route"... depending on what routes are/will be available. Basically, just a very basic indicator of the general direction a choice can lead to. For the routes, you could simply add a small colored square next to it depending on the route or what some modders have done previously, which was to use a different color or font for the choices to match specific routes (which would avoid a wall of text for most choices.) Like blue for friend, green for domination, red for love etc etc. I suggested the colored symbol first, because I believe this might be a lot easier to code on your side (something like if option path is ticked, show the squares, if not, don't show the squares.)
For the scenes indicator, you could add a similar optional symbol (like an empty square for a scene in this update, and a triangle if the choice leads to a scene later on.)

Yeah, the nature of the type of game I'm making does kinda mean it's always gonna have some stuff which sets up things the player can't possibly know about yet. I personally don't mind that, but that's because I know that nothing that gets set up is like horrible stuff like the girls getting gang raped or something. I hear stories of devs who suddenly make changes like that, and the player has already opted in to it without having any way of knowing it was gonna happen. Imo that's bullshit. When I give choices which may or may not setup stuff in the future, it may lead to a bad situation, but never one with a long lasting negative effect which could otherwise be avoided. At least no traumatic shit. The 2 "Bad" choices for Riley's party are probably about as traumatic for the girls as it'll get, and those situations exist specifically so the player can save the girls and be big hero man. As said above, I have actually got a guy making a mod at the moment, but as you might imagine, the specifics of 0.21 do make it a bit difficult xD ("Got a guy" makes it sound like I commissioned it or something. I didn't, he's just a generous person who offered to do it.)

I suppose the tough part is that I don't really try to make a "best choice" as such. At least not in the long term. (Spoilers for Riley's stuff if you haven't played all her outcomes in 0.21)

To use Riley's stuff as an example, sure, 2 of the endings result in you getting access to her sex scenes for 0.21 (Though one of them doesn't allow you to take her virginity). These two could be considered the best ending. However, the two worse endings aren't bad as such, they're just different. One of them results in you still getting the opportunity to enter a relationship with her, and the other one just results in you guys sleeping together, setting up a conversation the next morning, which will lead in a romantic kinda direction, eventually resulting in different scenes, which essentially achieve the same thing. Likewise, deciding not to take her virginity when you first get the chance, doesn't mean you won't get to take it, it just means you didn't take it this time, which will open up an option to do it differently later on. Maybe if you're letting Cassie and Riley have their lesbian fun, then you'll end up taking their virginities at the same time if you decide not to take them at the first opportunity. Who knows. The only way to really know what the best choice from the players perspective is, is for them to know exactly what scenes happen, and exactly how to trigger each one. At that point, what they're gonna want is a walkthrough.

I guess my point is that for some scenes, I could drop hints, but for others, it's more difficult. Without spoiling I obviously can't give people exact direction as to what each choice will do down the road, but I've tried to promote the idea that there aren't any bad choices, only choices with less immediate rewards. It's certainly not an approach that everyone will like, since people have become very used to making choices based on what they expect to get out of it, rather than how they feel at the time. I guess that's how choices work kinda, but hopefully you can get what I mean.

This reaction from us players, is definitively not your fault. It's down to years being used to the usual AVNs where most have good or bad choices only. It is extremely rare to have a game with the kind of choice of "not now, but most certainly later".
On our side, especially since the other choices leads to another scene where you get the MC dick very wet, it's a natural reaction for us to see that path as "the good path", considering what we're used to. We're not used to "if you wait more, it'll be even better" kind of paths. While I love it, the only "issue" I have with it, is that we simply do not know if that is the case, or if we're closing a path, or if we're going on another even better path :)

Yeah so Hikari's spanking was originally something of an intro to how the story can be changed based on how you conduct yourself in the punishments (At least the interactive ones). However, because it's the first time the system was introduced, I didn't want to make it too too easy to accidentally cut off her path, hence why you have to basically be the biggest dickhead possible to actually do it. My intent isn't for the player to suddenly become some domineering sadist overnight, but I do have to make his corruption somewhat quicker than it would otherwise be, just because otherwise we're gonna end up with some really lame scenes where he's meant to be in a position of power, but is just kinda shit at it. It's a difficult one, because yeah some of the stuff I've got planned is a lot more intense. Nothing insane (No car batteries and crocodile clips kinda stuff), but a lot more intense than just a simple over the knee spanking. That said, the attitude of the MC will be a bit different depending on who the character is to a certain extent. As you might imagine, I plan to let players lean into absolutely destroying Olivia if they want when they eventually get the chance, but then I also plan to give them a lot more reasons to do so before then.

What I would suggest for that absolutely adorable asian cuty's first spank scene is as follow:

1- Instead of focusing on the amount of slaps, instead, give a choice on the intensity of the slaps (love taps, average slaps, strong slaps.)
2- Keep the amount of slaps low, there is no reason to go 30 slaps unless you really want to have that person hate your guts for the rest of their natural life :) I recon 10 slaps should be the max, at the very least for that scene. You can go higher for other scenes, especially if their love taps, or average slaps for the eastern girl... that one can take a spanking alright :D

The way I see it, when starting the slapping session, with or without the agreement, the player decide on the intensity.
If he chooses "love tap", you could let the mc go to 30, since they'd be barely much more than a noisy touch. You could even play on that with her sister, getting her to say he slapped her 30 times, and she goes all insane about it, but then she tells her it was just the step over a caress, and she actually kinda enjoyed it. The reason I am saying that, is that women will enjoy a gradual introduction of slapping plays a lot more that way. That had my teeth grinning a bit to be honest. That way of doing it, will more than likely make them hate it, and you, instantly. The guy going overboard and being a brutal beast beating them up, is hardly a plausible cause for them to notice a kink. At this point, they need mental health counseling, not sex play :)

On medium I'd say lock it to 10, which would already be quite a lot as an actual first time punishment on someone that seemingly never got slapped before. On this one, I'm not sure she'd discover her kink. Too much pain is just not a good setting to introduce a new sexual pleasure. I'd say at 5 she can, at 6 or more, she does not. She might think later on it was actually not that bad and what not, but I seriously doubt she'd end up masturbating furiously over the memory. She could, potentially, end up slapping herself a bit, at a much lower strength, and discover it's actually making her wet though. It's still pulling the hair a bit much there in my opinion.

On hard, I'd say 10 as well, but with a warning beforehand of the "potential consequences" of choosing such a harsh punishment for a non existent offense. On this one, I really can imagine her getting off, or anyone being able to forgive that. Hell, I'd have the MC on official warning from the investors from going too far way too early... I'd nearly be tempted to even say "game over", but that would be a bit too far...maybe.

I pretty much understand what you want her to go to eventually, at least I think so, but learning to love and tolerate pain, doesn't happen quickly. The brain does need time to adapt and learn. Your sub won't reach subspace that quickly and that easily :)

With no offense meant at all, for her slapping, I think you went the wrong way for her kink, with "more is better". Just my personal opinion on this matter of course.

Writing is hard lol

You're doing much better than a large chunk of people releasing stuff on here, I don't think anyone would argue against that.
From what I've seen so far, you could well end up in the high ranking on here if you keep it up. It certainly would not surprise me one bit, and I'm quite brutal with my reviews, views and opinions. Hell, I'm not usually much into the illusion and koikatsu stuff usually, and yet, I've played yourself without even trying to skip the dialogues once.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I'll put some stuff in a spoiler box not regarding your reply to me but more the longer post above.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, I'm liking the fact that so far despite the reaction to the ghost hunting section, everything is constructive critisim. Might get some people being less constructive later on (Or god forbid, review bombing), but we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: vilewe7570

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'll put some stuff in a spoiler box not regarding your reply to me but more the longer post above.

I'm not actually sure how you pop Riley's cherry, I do have an alternative save path now with giving the first girl a brutal punishment, not going ghost hunting, etc... I'm guessing maybe it's if you've not hooked up with Cass, but I didn't want to start that far back with my do-everything-differently run (due to some of the above bits)... seems if you skip out on the party that's not it and the day ends quite early.
If I'm not mistaken to have the hottest scenes in what is currently available:

Flirt, say she's hot, talk about the text, do NOT take the deal, then ask for boobs, give the go for lesbian stuff, masturbate, ignore the deal and pick normal punishment, go to 25+ slaps (for now, I just suggested this gets heavily changed to the dev) riley wears it better, says she's hot, go to the party, pick the TOP plan, as the 2nd one seem to be "nothing happens" for some reason (couldn't quite get the logic there, but it might be dependent on an earlier choice as well), sleep before the ghost, do not punish her. They're probably out of order, but I believe those are the choices leading to scenes.

The one giving me trouble, was the eastern chick one, since I could not understand the point of sleeping or watching movies. Turns out not sleeping makes you tired, and as such, she takes advantage of you. You can then punish her. honestly, both scenes are REALLY good. And since the dev said it will NOT lock us out, I'd recommend to sleep, and not punish her.... yet. I'm willing to go on some faith with that dev here :)

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Ah, so that is the choice required. I did not think of not checking her, since it seemed like the most natural thing to do to me. I'm not entirely sure of the logic of the outcomes of those two choices though. Maybe I'm missing something here.
lol forgot to spoiler this
The logic mostly surrounds how scary for her the party ends up being based on how you decide to get her out. Like for example, if it goes really badly, I couldn't think of a way to lead that into a sex scene, without it being really uncomfortable. I figured it would be a bit silly to show Riley as being turned on after what could be considered traumatic for her, unless she had some kind of kink for that, which she doesn't.

I thought about making different versions of each scene so that you'd get scenes regardless of what happens at the party, but some of the planned stuff was just straight up not hot. It was just awkward and weird. So I scrapped it. Also, the update was already 2 weeks late by this point because I decided to put 10 possible scenes in, instead of 2, so time was a factor as well.

Last edited:

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
Wow super cool seeing all this constructive feedback. I wanna give my 2 cents too, cause this game is a lot of fun.
I'll try to be brief since the dev already had a ton to read haha

1- The ghost hunt. I think the problem here is the lost of tension when it gets boring because you're lost. Maybe if you streamline it and put the jumpscares at specific points it could be better.
Games that did something like this successfully (imo): Abandoned Hospital and Getting Toy for Annie in Once Upon a Time, Eternal respectively.
Games that did it in an interesting way: Starship in Phasmohentaia (but it was too fucking dark, with no flashlight)

2- I appreciate having different outcomes for replayability, but the way it's implemented now it's hard to tell if you've actually missed a scene, you know what I mean? This one is a bit harder since it's subjective to the person's playing tastes. But what If you implemented an ingame walkthrough? Whenever you get a choice it shows you the outcome (gotta enable it in the Preferences ofc). Or you could give us scene's title hints in the gallery. Example: You click on a scene you haven't seen and get the message "Maybe things would go differently with Sasha if I don't sleep" etc.

Overall great game! Been playing since first release, when MC used to wear makeup haha. I can see it becoming one of the top games in this site.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Wow super cool seeing all this constructive feedback. I wanna give my 2 cents too, cause this game is a lot of fun.
I'll try to be brief since the dev already had a ton to read haha

1- The ghost hunt. I think the problem here is the lost of tension when it gets boring because you're lost. Maybe if you streamline it and put the jumpscares at specific points it could be better.
Games that did something like this successfully (imo): Abandoned Hospital and Getting Toy for Annie in Once Upon a Time, Eternal respectively.
Games that did it in an interesting way: Starship in Phasmohentaia (but it was too fucking dark, with no flashlight)

2- I appreciate having different outcomes for replayability, but the way it's implemented now it's hard to tell if you've actually missed a scene, you know what I mean? This one is a bit harder since it's subjective to the person's playing tastes. But what If you implemented an ingame walkthrough? Whenever you get a choice it shows you the outcome (gotta enable it in the Preferences ofc). Or you could give us scene's title hints in the gallery. Example: You click on a scene you haven't seen and get the message "Maybe things would go differently with Sasha if I don't sleep" etc.

Overall great game! Been playing since first release, when MC used to wear makeup haha. I can see it becoming one of the top games in this site.

Yeah I think I got somewhat unlucky in that the very few people I had test the section, had no trouble finding things, but it seems like it's the sort of thing that just clicks for some people, and doesn't for others. I'm trying to think of a way I could restructure it slightly, to create a more linear path, while keeping some of the freedom, and I think probably the best way to do this would be to have more than one objective, with each objective leading into the next, eventually culminating in needing to find the key to the boiler room, and go in there. Visible arrows on the sides of the screen rather than ones that just appear when you mouse over them could also help with navigation. At this stage, changing the actual navigation itself would probably be a bit too much of a change to reasonably get done, but I can make it more obvious which navigation options are available on any given screen, and improve on that for next time. (The idea that was raised before about the player making a map of the prison in the notebook as he moves around it is good too. I like that one a lot actually, but I'll have to have a think about how much work that would be. I haven't thought about the technical aspects yet. I don't mind hard work, the main concern is that any time spent fixing this part, is time that isn't spent on the next update.)

That said, I don't want the player looking for the ghost next time. Instead I want it to be more along the lines of exploring around, with a lot more events, and using their equipment to work out what kind of ghost it is. Part of the issue this time was just that each event took me ages to make, because I had no idea how to really do it. Now though, I can make them fairly quickly.

I think regarding the scenes, the option of hints in the gallery would be more workable. Some of the scenes planned rely upon very specific sets of circumstances, so there's no easy way I could put a note in the choices needed to get them. They're almost akin to getting a random scene in a sandbox game for being in X location at X time of day after you did X and X. However, since the game is primarily story driven, these scenes will be a sum of the choices made so far, and not so much a "I missed this scene, so now I don't think I'm on the best path" or whatever.

Made up (But also probably going in the game) example below.

If Riley gives you a BJ at the end of 0.21, you can let her look at Cassie's sex stats on your phone. If Cassie's given you a BJ previously, and you've given the OK for them to continue their lesbian fun, this could potentially lead to some kind of BJ practice scene with the two girls. But for a scene that specific, there are 4 different conditions. Did Riley give you a BJ, did you let Riley look at your phone, has Cassie given you a BJ previously, and did you decide to let them continue their lesbian thing?

I like the idea of scenes created as a result of choices, rather than choices created in order to lead into scenes. I dunno how to explain it really.

Anyway, with all that being said, a walkthrough mod is being worked on, so at some point something similar to what you mentioned will be available, if not in the game by default.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Psymind

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You know, instead of going back and fixing the ghost thing now, leave it as it is with the option to skip. Go ahead writing down good feedback and ideas you'd like to change and then add them all after you've finished the main story. Like a Director's Cut, the True 1.0 version or whatever. I mean, just with the possibilities of your game, I think most people will want to play a second or third time anyway :^)
Also I really like this thing you said about scenes created as a result of choices. Will probably give a more "organic" vibe to the game once it's more fleshed out, really good idea mate!

If in the end you can't implement an walkthrough/hint system for whatever reason, at least give the scenes a vague title when they are grayed out, or let us see the actual title if we choose to. That might be enough.

Eldebrand

Mar 5, 2019
So, this version is the first time playing and had to leave my thoughts:

1. Not what I was thinking when I went in. I honestly thought this would lean more toward a Simulation style game with VN elements. I typically don't enjoy pure VNs all that much since I feel like I am not doing anything, but the characters in this have me fairly well hooked.

2. I didn't have trouble with the ghosthunt section, but can see where/why people would. I think it partly comes from being such a pure VN for so long and then, boom, sandbox elements. Personally, I kind of thought that more sandboxy elements would appear once they got through that somewhat prologue act and got to school.

3. The only true complaint I can think of is the GATDAM system itself. Not as a story element, but that it still feels very VN driven instead of interactive. I won't spoil, but Hikari felt too simple so I hope that it gets fleshed out more in the future. That being said, what makes these kinds of games good is the gradual change in the girls personality depending on how they are treated, which you seem to have a good grasp on, so its not really a sticking point for me.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. I'll probably wait a few updates or more before checking back, since I dislike playing every update of story/character driven games at release. (Sidenote: I honestly wish I had never learned about Patreon style releases and that I only learned about these games at release. Im the same with Webnovels and Books, I cant resist but I read/play them too quickly to be satisfied.)

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
i'm pretty early into the game (right beyond the locker room bj scene) but good stuff so far. young, cute, petite girls, good sound effects and ambience, onions..., a lot of interesting animations even in places not generally expected of an h-game, the god damn 'shaking her hips seductively' thing when a girl is horny which is like instant diamond dick for me.. yeah i'm thinkin this is based

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I really like this game. The chicks are well done and hot and the setting, although it kind of reminds me of that other highschool game, is unique. Don't get me wrong, the two games are plenty different, so no bad criticism there.

This update was interesting. I like the sasha ghost story, although it REALLY is difficult to find the 3 hidden items (I found one or two and just gave up I guess). It was also scary as fuck. The sounds during that were super unpleasant to listen to. Yes, I can make them quieter, but then it also gets less immersive, less scary, less fun. Many empty rooms. Navigation was difficult. Didn't find the boiler room, because I'm stupid. Thank god (dev) for building in a failsafe that straight just spoonfeeds you.

I really like the humour, and as long as it doesn't become so much that it breaks the immersion, it is welcome.

I also like that I get the option to unlock the gallery at the end of the update. What bothers me is that if I chose to punish Riley, I miss out on 5 other scenes with her. Also found out I missed out on Sasha content, too. Personally, not a fan of that. To put it bluntly: Choosing to go the dom/strict/magistrate route puts the MC in a position where he doesn't get release, which is awkward to me.

Need to actually play the romance path or whatever you might call it to really compare those paths. Still, a bummer.

Also very happy that, while in my playthrough had no sex with Riley, there are actually sex scenes with her. It's nice to see that the main girls all are already 'conquered' and that there is no teasing it for 5 years.

This is a super good game, all in all, despite my small grievances. I hope that I'll get to play plenty more updates.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
So, this version is the first time playing and had to leave my thoughts:

1. Not what I was thinking when I went in. I honestly thought this would lean more toward a Simulation style game with VN elements. I typically don't enjoy pure VNs all that much since I feel like I am not doing anything, but the characters in this have me fairly well hooked.

2. I didn't have trouble with the ghosthunt section, but can see where/why people would. I think it partly comes from being such a pure VN for so long and then, boom, sandbox elements. Personally, I kind of thought that more sandboxy elements would appear once they got through that somewhat prologue act and got to school.

3. The only true complaint I can think of is the GATDAM system itself. Not as a story element, but that it still feels very VN driven instead of interactive. I won't spoil, but Hikari felt too simple so I hope that it gets fleshed out more in the future. That being said, what makes these kinds of games good is the gradual change in the girls personality depending on how they are treated, which you seem to have a good grasp on, so its not really a sticking point for me.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. I'll probably wait a few updates or more before checking back, since I dislike playing every update of story/character driven games at release. (Sidenote: I honestly wish I had never learned about Patreon style releases and that I only learned about these games at release. Im the same with Webnovels and Books, I cant resist but I read/play them too quickly to be satisfied.)
Glad you like the characters. What you describe is actually how it was originally going to be. The whole plan was for it to start as a VN, and then expand into a sandbox game once they got to the academy. However, I faced fairly hefty backlash about this concept right from the very start, and ended up changing it somewhat. Normally I wouldn't advocate for changing the creative vision for a project just because a lot of people dislike what you're planning to make, but I'm glad I did in this case. Mostly, because making this ghost hunt has taught me that sandbox devs are crazy. The amount of work, and general complexity is much greater than standard VN stuff. The game likely wouldn't be very far along at all at this point. I'd still like to make a sandbox game at some point, though hopefully avoiding a lot of the things people dislike about them (Grinding, waiting until X day at X location for event X to trigger, progress X character's story to unlock the next event with unrelated character, etc) but for now I like what I've got going on. The ghost hunt is kinda my dabble into sandbox stuff, and while it's had mixed reception so far (Mostly negative here, but this isn't the only place I gather feedback), it has taught me a lot about making them in general.

The gatdam system was orignally envisioned with this sandbox plan in mind, and had to be adapted, so it's totally understandable why you'd think it would suit it well, given it was originally gonna be something of a trainer game as well. When I first started the game I was very much one of those "I'm gonna make a game, it's gonna be best game ever and have all this crazy stuff that I don't know how to do yet, but I'll learn and then I'll do it and it'll be great" kinda people you see sometimes. Only difference was that I actually ended up making something, and dialed back the scope to make it actually something I could make.

Assuming I don't get caught up in some weird terminal illness faking scandal or something, I'll see you in a few updates time ;D Thanks for playing.

any Android port for this game?
Not for this newest version, but I believe someone made a port for 0.2.02, which is the last version. I haven't played it, so I don't know how well it works, but I haven't heard of any complaints about it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/stormside-v0-21-01-atemsiel.115722/post-9374683

I really like this game. The chicks are well done and hot and the setting, although it kind of reminds me of that other highschool game, is unique. Don't get me wrong, the two games are plenty different, so no bad criticism there.

This update was interesting. I like the sasha ghost story, although it REALLY is difficult to find the 3 hidden items (I found one or two and just gave up I guess). It was also scary as fuck. The sounds during that were super unpleasant to listen to. Yes, I can make them quieter, but then it also gets less immersive, less scary, less fun. Many empty rooms. Navigation was difficult. Didn't find the boiler room, because I'm stupid. Thank god (dev) for building in a failsafe that straight just spoonfeeds you.

I really like the humour, and as long as it doesn't become so much that it breaks the immersion, it is welcome.

I also like that I get the option to unlock the gallery at the end of the update. What bothers me is that if I chose to punish Riley, I miss out on 5 other scenes with her. Also found out I missed out on Sasha content, too. Personally, not a fan of that. To put it bluntly: Choosing to go the dom/strict/magistrate route puts the MC in a position where he doesn't get release, which is awkward to me.

Need to actually play the romance path or whatever you might call it to really compare those paths. Still, a bummer.

Also very happy that, while in my playthrough had no sex with Riley, there are actually sex scenes with her. It's nice to see that the main girls all are already 'conquered' and that there is no teasing it for 5 years.

This is a super good game, all in all, despite my small grievances. I hope that I'll get to play plenty more updates.
Fair points. I think I've spoken enough about the issues with the ghost hunt in this thread, so I won't repeat myself too much, but generally, yeah I know the navigation is a bit shitty. I can fix this to a certain extent, but for the most part, it is what it is. Though the planned fix may also make it easier to find the boiler room, which will fix the issues for some people. I originally wanted to have a lot more actual events in it, but I didn't really allow myself enough time to firstly learn how to make the thing, and also actually make it. Not to say I overestimated my abilities, I think it's more that I underestimated the time required. It's part of why I want to do something similar with ghost hunt 2, but using all the lessons learned from this one. The fact that people are offering constructive feedback on the section, rather than just saying "Terrible idea, don't do it again" is an indicator to me that with better execution, the concept could work well. It's a while away anyway at the moment, so I'll forget about ghost hunt 2 for now. Sasha's gotta find another ghost first. I don't really have much to say about the sounds, since they're intended to be unpleasent, however the section wasn't intended for people to get quite as lost as they've ended up getting, so they weren't meant to be subjected to the sounds for as long as they've ended up being. In truth, I probably won't change the sounds themselves, and hopefully the navigation changes will help to reduce this as an issue as well.

The thing about the scenes is kinda the nature of the game. I intend to take the branching quite far, so making choices will give you some scenes, and lock out others. Sometimes the update to update playstyle can have this effect too, because yeah right now it looks as though the MC just doesn't get any release if he goes with the dom stuff, but the update doesn't cover what happens the next morning. A few updates from now, since the player will be able to go straight to the next morning without having to wait however long for an update, the issue won't be there as such. I don't really have too much of a way around this without just making every update its own little self contained chapter, but that doesn't really work with the overall plan. Essentially, I'm not really trying to make a series of little chapters which all come together to eventually make a full game, but rather I'm trying to make a game, and I give people access to it as it's made, which sometimes results in things like this. (Though I do try to end updates in a kinda sensible location, but it's not always completely seamless).

Either way, glad you like it despite the flaws. I have no plan to stop making it, though hopefully I can get a new GPU soon, because that placeholder scene with the stickmen was no joke, I legitimately cannot render out that scene lol. I will at some point, because it's really not supposed to have MS paint graphics.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Another one of those odd games where American named girls seem to have japanese faces.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes