Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Good game so far with lots of really cute ladies. Will we see more of the two cuties in the locker room or Raven, the sex shop sales woman Atemsiel?
Y'know, it's funny. Probably about an hour ago someone in my discord mentioned Raven, and it's the first time she's been mentioned by anyone at all since the update she was in was released. Weird that it'd happen again in the same day.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the two pool girls, yes, I have plans for them and they'll definitely be showing up again, though only as side characters. (That's not to say they won't have more sex scenes, just that they won't have their own dedicated stories as such.) No current plans with Raven, but she'll likely show up again if the characters end up going back to the sex shop. Could lead to a sex scene, might not. I haven't really thought about it to be honest, so it could go either way.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Y'know, it's funny. Probably about an hour ago someone in my discord mentioned Raven, and it's the first time she's been mentioned by anyone at all since the update she was in was released. Weird that it'd happen again in the same day.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the two pool girls, yes, I have plans for them and they'll definitely be showing up again, though only as side characters. (That's not to say they won't have more sex scenes, just that they won't have their own dedicated stories as such.) No current plans with Raven, but she'll likely show up again if the characters end up going back to the sex shop. Could lead to a sex scene, might not. I haven't really thought about it to be honest, so it could go either way.
I wouldn't mind all three girls ending up as secondary harem members :D

• Love
Reactions: wiseold6996

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Holy shit that spanking scene was hot :love:
Awesome game thus far (y)
Heh, glad to hear it :D (Though there are 3 spanking scenes, so I dunno which one you mean, but I'm gonna assume the very last one, because imo that's the best one. Had a lot of fun with the animation there.)

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
This turned out to be better than I was expecting.
I've gone through a lot of v.01 junk lately it seems.
And nice job on the screwed up name on login, I kept scrolling back to see all the iterations that could come out.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
This turned out to be better than I was expecting.
I've gone through a lot of v.01 junk lately it seems.
And nice job on the screwed up name on login, I kept scrolling back to see all the iterations that could come out.
Hehe, it basically just has a chance to replace any vowels in the name with a different vowel, so it's possible to actually get the correct name too. Technically, I guess that means the number of possible iterations depends on how many vowels are in your name. Can't remember why I did that, but I figured it might be fun.

Glad you liked it.

Reactions: vilewe7570

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hehe, it basically just has a chance to replace any vowels in the name with a different vowel, so it's possible to actually get the correct name too. Technically, I guess that means the number of possible iterations depends on how many vowels are in your name. Can't remember why I did that, but I figured it might be fun.

Glad you liked it.
So just have name where you use just one vowel, problem solved. :p

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
I hope there are some brutal fates planned for the like of Logan, bald professor Brown and the 5 rapists surname Trent.
Fuckers like that are usually untouchable in a netorare game that i can understand but this doesnt seems to be one of those games. The protagonist even has superpower so it's even more believeable for him to punishes those bastards :cool:.

Feb 15, 2018
So first, great job. Really enjoying this so far. Fell for Riley from the get go, she's a ginger, cute and petite, and quite literally the girl next door. Hikari is a close 2nd. All the girls are great, or will be once I can break Olivia.

But what made me jump over was the name of the dildos at the sex shop. At first I thought it used my name for some cute reference, but then the joke about the name (that I used to use myself when in high school) made me realize it couldn't be. Still, that was rather unexpected seeing my name used there.

Keep up the good work Atemsiel!

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
So first, great job. Really enjoying this so far. Fell for Riley from the get go, she's a ginger, cute and petite, and quite literally the girl next door. Hikari is a close 2nd. All the girls are great, or will be once I can break Olivia.

But what made me jump over was the name of the dildos at the sex shop. At first I thought it used my name for some cute reference, but then the joke about the name (that I used to use myself when in high school) made me realize it couldn't be. Still, that was rather unexpected seeing my name used there.

Keep up the good work Atemsiel!
Ahahaa, at first, I thought you were talking about these..
1677183780782.png

Had me thinking "Damn, high school must've been rough if your name was dog dildo or something..."

Glad you like it though. I would agree that Riley is best girl, though I like all of them. (Would be a bit weird for me to make a character I didn't like...)

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Ahahaa, at first, I thought you were talking about these..
View attachment 2412310

Had me thinking "Damn, high school must've been rough if your name was dog dildo or something..."

Glad you like it though. I would agree that Riley is best girl, though I like all of them. (Would be a bit weird for me to make a character I didn't like...)
I mean, it's not like we could know if they were hung like dog dildo, dragon dildo or IDK a horse dildo :p

MDCL

Feb 4, 2023
I love this game so much
btw after unlock all scenes made me curious which path would be better for each girl, can pics (photo,onion) unlock in other path in one run?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I love this game so much
btw after unlock all scenes made me curious which path would be better for each girl, can pics (photo,onion) unlock in other path in one run?
There are mutually-exclusive scenes/photos/onions, but the unlocks are saved to persistent, so they outlast separate saves.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
I think the ghost hunt is designed for you to fail. Here me out.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My two cents anyway. I mean, either im right or

Either way I loved the ghost hunting part. I hate sandbox but in small bursts or when done well, its perfectly fine. DEV, you should consider a in depth ghost hunting game, that would be new and fun. Or at least more missions with Sasha.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Either way I loved the ghost hunting part. I hate sandbox but in small bursts or when done well, its perfectly fine. DEV, you should consider a in depth ghost hunting game, that would be new and fun. Or at least more missions with Sasha.
Personally I'm not a big fan of failing (I usually load or roll back to choose another option whenever I fail on questions like the one at the end of the hunt). So, since I'm not going to wait to see if I got it right or not, and I had verified before that by skipping the hunt you could choose if you give the correct answer or not, I decided that, although I liked it, load to choose the option that I prefer without having to wait to see if I have my first answer right or not.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I love this game so much
In terms of getting the most scenes out of this update, the best option is probably to not sleep before the ghost hunt, and then decide to punish Sasha (Though you can later forgive her to continue on the romance line, or you can actually punish her, and start that route.) Then when you get to Riley's stuff, choose to check on her, and then pick plan A. That ending gives you access to all of her scenes for the update.

However, in the long term, there isn't really a best route as such. Just because you don't do a particular thing in this update, doesn't mean you won't be doing it in a later update, often in a different, and potentially more interesting way depending on your perspective. (Best example of this is.. Taking Riley's virginity. It's possible to do it in this update, and that's fine, but you can also decide to wait until she's ready, or pick an option that means you just don't get the choice. In either case, it means that her virginity remains intact, which will give you the chance to take it later on when she's had a bit more time to practice with her dildo. It also opens up the opportunity to possibly take her virginity in a threesome where you also take the virginity of another girl, if they're still a virgin at the time.)

And yeah, as tiur said, the photos, onions and scenes are persistent, so if you unlock them on any save, you'll be able to view them on any other save.

Hehe, glad someone else has noticed this. It's not designed to fail as such as it's possible to get it right, however the odds are somewhat stacked against the player unless they pay attention, and even then, the logic isn't rock solid. I intentionally left the indicators of what kind of ghost it is somewhat vague in places, similar to "real life" ghost descriptions. They never seem completely consistent. Thematically, it's MC's first ghost hunt, so he's not really meant to be an instant expert. Nor is it supposed to be an exact science, where the established rules are fairly general. It's possible that the information gathered so far by the ghost hunters isn't 100% accurate, just 95% or so. Some of the stuff planned for the ghosts straight up isn't in the guide, so it'll be up to you and Sasha to be pioneers, in a sense.

Glad you liked it though. Probably a bit early for me to be thinking about making another game (I have no idea where people get the time to work on two at once), but I definitely plan more ghost stuff. The next ghost hunt is planned to be another similar sandbox, but with expanded mechanics, better navigation, and more events. One bonus is that since I've made one now, I won't have to learn how to make sandbox sections from scratch for the next one, like I did with this one. I have 2 more hunts planned after that, but I know that at least one of them will be a normal VN section, rather than a sandbox.

Before that, I'm making some small changes to the ghost hunt to encourage exploration a bit more. Things like navigation improvements, and new steps in finding the ghost. (Turns out most people either have no trouble navigating the prison, or they find it almost impossible to navigate. It's almost like a personality test.)

Brilliant update as ever...
Glad you liked it, hopefully the patch I'm working on will solve the "bit difficult" part, just leaving the thrilling xD. I know some people found it quite a bit more difficult than thrilling, so I'm hoping to address that. (Even though it's a bit late for me to fix the fact that sometimes the players perspective gets flipped when they move between rooms, but the map should help with that.)
I'd seen the flashlight effect done in other games before, but I hadn't seen it with the mouse area triggered jumpscares, so I thought that could be fun to try. That said, it's quite possible another game has done it, so if anyone knows of a game that does it, I'd love to check it out :D

Personally I'm not a big fan of failing (I usually load or roll back to choose another option whenever I fail on questions like the one at the end of the hunt). So, since I'm not going to wait to see if I got it right or not, and I had verified before that by skipping the hunt you could choose if you give the correct answer or not, I decided that, although I liked it, load to choose the option that I prefer without having to wait to see if I have my first answer right or not.
That's fair enough. This is part of why I haven't actually revealed what type of ghost it is. I think a lot of people would end up just looking up the answer so that they can get it right, which would of course mean most players missing what happens when you get it wrong. This is fine of course, but I like the idea of people forgetting about their choice, and then being like "Oh shit..." when it's revealed if they were right or not. Of course, it could be assumed that getting it wrong is a bad thing, and thematically it is, but in terms of actual gameplay, it's just different. No negative long term effects on the characters, just different content. That's the plan anyway. As Sasha said, the answer won't be revealed for about a week in game, so I doubt the answer will be going in the next update.

But yeah, if someone is adamant they wanna get it right, they can just use the skip option without consequence. (Or at least, this will be the case. Currently using the skip option messes with the dialogue in Sasha's bath scene, but I'm working on fixing that at the moment. Though for anyone who's already skipped, it doesn't cause any issues outside of that one scene.)

Aug 22, 2017
Really enjoying this game so far, but I did not like the ghost hunt. It wasn't because I dislike sandbox or horror either. When it first explained what was coming and I started navigating, I was excited. I was ready for a jump scare and some clue hunting. But after spending probably a good 30 minutes wandering into maybe 15-20 rooms without seeing ANYTHING it became tedious. For the life of me I'm not sure how you're supposed to navigate it, and I get that's supposed to add to the suspense, but it doesn't. Instead of being scared I just felt annoyed when I'd click on what seemed like it might be a new room only to find it was where I'd already been. The navigation to go back to a room you just left isn't always the same button and it makes almost impossible to tell where you have and haven't been, even just noting your own progress. You also need to engage the player more actively. Like I said, I found maybe 15-20 rooms and I saw nothing in them. In on room the EMF went to the first green light and in another room I saw a candle that might have just been lit, but neither of these clues pointed me in a further direction and then it was just back to more empty rooms. After 30 minutes of not finding anything I gave up and used the skip option.

Other than the ghost hunt, really interesting game so far.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Really enjoying this game so far, but I did not like the ghost hunt. It wasn't because I dislike sandbox or horror either. When it first explained what was coming and I started navigating, I was excited. I was ready for a jump scare and some clue hunting. But after spending probably a good 30 minutes wandering into maybe 15-20 rooms without seeing ANYTHING it became tedious. For the life of me I'm not sure how you're supposed to navigate it, and I get that's supposed to add to the suspense, but it doesn't. Instead of being scared I just felt annoyed when I'd click on what seemed like it might be a new room only to find it was where I'd already been. The navigation to go back to a room you just left isn't always the same button and it makes almost impossible to tell where you have and haven't been, even just noting your own progress. You also need to engage the player more actively. Like I said, I found maybe 15-20 rooms and I saw nothing in them. In on room the EMF went to the first green light and in another room I saw a candle that might have just been lit, but neither of these clues pointed me in a further direction and then it was just back to more empty rooms. After 30 minutes of not finding anything I gave up and used the skip option.

Other than the ghost hunt, really interesting game so far.
Fair enough. It's certainly a section that either clicks for people instantly (And they end up having no issues), or it's basically unplayable. It's one of the reasons I'm changing how it works a bit in a patch. First change is that the MC will draw a map of the place in the notebook as you explore, so you'll know where you've been, and it'll also show where you are, which should help with navigation.

2nd change is to add a few extra steps to what you actually need to do, to direct people such that it's more likely they encounter the jumpscares.

3rd change is making the arrows on the edges of the screen visible even when you don't hover over them, but only when they're an option. People were missing the fact that you could move in certain directions due to having to actually move the mouse to the edge to see if it was an option or not.

I've also removed the thing that locks the mouse to the screen during, and accidentally after that section. Patch should be out some time during the weekend, hopefully tomorrow. Not enough new stuff in it to make the section worth replaying for those who have completed it, but for those who skipped it, it'll hopefully make it worth going back to try again. Guess we'll see if I'm successful.

4.80 star(s) 88 Votes