Favourite characters? (Choose all that you like)

• Total voters

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Atemsiel If you don't go decided to not go to the party with Riley she end up not going alone right? Because yeah I don't see that ending well.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Atemsiel If you don't go decided to not go to the party with Riley she end up not going alone right? Because yeah I don't see that ending well.
Actually no, if you decide not to go to the party, Cassie mentions when you check on her after that she doubts Riley will go if you're not. Her entire reason for wanting to go is so that you can see her in a party setting, and hopefully you'll notice her. If the player isn't going she no longer has a reason to go, so she'll just stay home and watch terrible movies or something. The last part isn't currently shown in game, but in the next update one of them will most likely mention something to imply that's what happened.

I don't really like the idea of actual horrible stuff happening to the girls, whether it's shown or not. Some of the party endings are about the worst I want it to get for the characters. My feelings on this may change, but I don't want anyone actually getting raped or SA'd.

lonaburner

Mar 3, 2021
After starting the ghost hunt, I moved into the room that looks like the cell block with two floors and cells on both sides, and I got stuck because it doesn't feel like I'm mousing over any clickable objects and the navigation arrows aren't present on the sides of the window. Is the ghost hunt (or that cell block room in specific) glitching?

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In terms of getting the most scenes out of this update, the best option is probably to not sleep before the ghost hunt, and then decide to punish Sasha (Though you can later forgive her to continue on the romance line, or you can actually punish her, and start that route.) Then when you get to Riley's stuff, choose to check on her, and then pick plan A. That ending gives you access to all of her scenes for the update.

However, in the long term, there isn't really a best route as such. Just because you don't do a particular thing in this update, doesn't mean you won't be doing it in a later update, often in a different, and potentially more interesting way depending on your perspective. (Best example of this is.. Taking Riley's virginity. It's possible to do it in this update, and that's fine, but you can also decide to wait until she's ready, or pick an option that means you just don't get the choice. In either case, it means that her virginity remains intact, which will give you the chance to take it later on when she's had a bit more time to practice with her dildo. It also opens up the opportunity to possibly take her virginity in a threesome where you also take the virginity of another girl, if they're still a virgin at the time.)

And yeah, as tiur said, the photos, onions and scenes are persistent, so if you unlock them on any save, you'll be able to view them on any other save.
I'm not going to do the punishment scene, so I slept well before going hunting. And I haven't done Riley's punishment scene either. What I did is her sex scene.

Hehe, glad someone else has noticed this. It's not designed to fail as such as it's possible to get it right, however the odds are somewhat stacked against the player unless they pay attention, and even then, the logic isn't rock solid. I intentionally left the indicators of what kind of ghost it is somewhat vague in places, similar to "real life" ghost descriptions. They never seem completely consistent. Thematically, it's MC's first ghost hunt, so he's not really meant to be an instant expert. Nor is it supposed to be an exact science, where the established rules are fairly general. It's possible that the information gathered so far by the ghost hunters isn't 100% accurate, just 95% or so. Some of the stuff planned for the ghosts straight up isn't in the guide, so it'll be up to you and Sasha to be pioneers, in a sense.

Glad you liked it though. Probably a bit early for me to be thinking about making another game (I have no idea where people get the time to work on two at once), but I definitely plan more ghost stuff. The next ghost hunt is planned to be another similar sandbox, but with expanded mechanics, better navigation, and more events. One bonus is that since I've made one now, I won't have to learn how to make sandbox sections from scratch for the next one, like I did with this one. I have 2 more hunts planned after that, but I know that at least one of them will be a normal VN section, rather than a sandbox.

Before that, I'm making some small changes to the ghost hunt to encourage exploration a bit more. Things like navigation improvements, and new steps in finding the ghost. (Turns out most people either have no trouble navigating the prison, or they find it almost impossible to navigate. It's almost like a personality test.)
Actually, once I've walked around the prison a couple of times, it's been easy for me to orient myself, so, after checking which rooms the ghost was talking in, it was just a matter of going up until I found the key.

That's fair enough. This is part of why I haven't actually revealed what type of ghost it is. I think a lot of people would end up just looking up the answer so that they can get it right, which would of course mean most players missing what happens when you get it wrong. This is fine of course, but I like the idea of people forgetting about their choice, and then being like "Oh shit..." when it's revealed if they were right or not. Of course, it could be assumed that getting it wrong is a bad thing, and thematically it is, but in terms of actual gameplay, it's just different. No negative long term effects on the characters, just different content. That's the plan anyway. As Sasha said, the answer won't be revealed for about a week in game, so I doubt the answer will be going in the next update.

But yeah, if someone is adamant they wanna get it right, they can just use the skip option without consequence. (Or at least, this will be the case. Currently using the skip option messes with the dialogue in Sasha's bath scene, but I'm working on fixing that at the moment. Though for anyone who's already skipped, it doesn't cause any issues outside of that one scene.)
If I couldn't do the part of skipping the hunt and choosing whether or not I got it right, I would have saved as soon as I got the key (although I already had a save at the beginning of the hunt, and knowing what to do, it's faster to get if you need to start again), and then before choosing which ghost it is. If I was correct, I continue the game without problems, but, on the contrary, if I'm not correct, at the moment in which I have known that I have failed, I load and choose another option (I'm indifferent to having to play again the week, the important thing is to have the right choice), and so on until I get it right.

I don't really like the idea of actual horrible stuff happening to the girls, whether it's shown or not. Some of the party endings are about the worst I want it to get for the characters. My feelings on this may change, but I don't want anyone actually getting raped or SA'd.
I have something of a fetish for preventing rape from happening. I like that there is the option that either the MC or other characters can rape someone (LI or not) to prevent it from happening. I find it especially satisfying if it's the MC who can do the raping, but I also like it if the MC can prevent others from doing it.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
After starting the ghost hunt, I moved into the room that looks like the cell block with two floors and cells on both sides, and I got stuck because it doesn't feel like I'm mousing over any clickable objects and the navigation arrows aren't present on the sides of the window. Is the ghost hunt (or that cell block room in specific) glitching?
Sounds like a bug. I think I know why this happened though, and I've fixed it in a patch I'm releasing over the weekend. Basically, there's an event which can trigger in that general area after you've visited a few rooms, which causes the hud to hide, and then a door slam sound to play. If you happen to change rooms, right as this happens, it results in what you experienced.

You should be able to get around it for now by starting the ghost hunt again, and navigating slower until after the door slam event has played (Then you can speed up again). But like I said, I should be fixing it in the coming patch.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Actually no, if you decide not to go to the party, Cassie mentions when you check on her after that she doubts Riley will go if you're not. Her entire reason for wanting to go is so that you can see her in a party setting, and hopefully you'll notice her. If the player isn't going she no longer has a reason to go, so she'll just stay home and watch terrible movies or something. The last part isn't currently shown in game, but in the next update one of them will most likely mention something to imply that's what happened.

Yeah the ending of that party without MCs intervention would have ended badly for Riley. I personally think a lot of players don't want to see the LI engaging in sexual activities with other males even if we reject them, I personally don't. I think it is a waste of time and effort, we are here to see the adventure of the protagonist, no to see a poor girl get raped just because you aren't interested in her or showing her have sex with someone else because of it, it detract from the story.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah the ending of that party without MCs intervention would have ended badly for Riley. I personally think a lot of players don't want to see the LI engaging in sexual activities with other males even if we reject them, I personally don't. I think it is a waste of time and effort, we are here to see the adventure of the protagonist, no to see a poor girl get raped just because you aren't interested in her or showing her have sex with someone else because of it, it detract from the story.
Mhm. I have no plans to actually let the male characters get their hands on the girls. It may be teased, or a close call like in the party, but I'm not letting them actually do it. Female characters may hook up with the other female characters if the player lets them, but I don't wanna let the girls do things, or have sexual things happen to them against the players will as such. The whole party thing was kinda meant as an opportunity for the player to be "Big man who protects Riley from shitty situation". I think a lot of men like to feel like a protector, even if they're thinking about as "Protecting their property".

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Mhm. I have no plans to actually let the male characters get their hands on the girls. It may be teased, or a close call like in the party, but I'm not letting them actually do it. Female characters may hook up if the player lets them, but I don't wanna let the girls do things, or have sexual things happen to them against the players will as such. The whole party thing was kinda meant as an opportunity for the player to be "Big man who protects Riley from shitty situation". I think a lot of men like to feel like a protector, even if they're thinking about as "Protecting their property".
I like saving Riley from that situation. But I also would have liked it if she wasn't a LI but a random girl. Actually what I like is to prevent assholes from raping a girl (and if in the process you can make them suffer a little or better a lot, it's even more rewarding) I don't see it as "protecting your property", because, for me, whoever the victim is is indifferent, the important thing is to prevent it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Mhm. I have no plans to actually let the male characters get their hands on the girls. It may be teased, or a close call like in the party, but I'm not letting them actually do it. Female characters may hook up if the player lets them, but I don't wanna let the girls do things, or have sexual things happen to them against the players will as such. The whole party thing was kinda meant as an opportunity for the player to be "Big man who protects Riley from shitty situation". I think a lot of men like to feel like a protector, even if they're thinking about as "Protecting their property".
One reason why i went through that party route was not really the protection side of things, but in my view it made MC really think how important Riley is to him and also showed Riley that MC would always be there for her. :)

Reactions: BlasKyau and Boogie

lonaburner

Mar 3, 2021
prevent assholes from raping a girl (and if in the process you can make them suffer a little or better a lot, it's even more rewarding)
That wouldn't be the MC's style , though. Infantry soldiers aren't taught to cause suffering. They're taught to kill, quickly and efficiently. Rah.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That wouldn't be the MC's style , though. Infantry soldiers aren't taught to cause suffering. They're taught to kill, quickly and efficiently. Rah.
Well, I'm talking about what I like, not about the MC's training.

One reason why i went through that party route was not really the protection side of things, but in my view it made MC really think how important Riley is to him and also showed Riley that MC would always be there for her. :)
Yeah, I think my point of view regarding the scene is closer to that than "protecting your property." At least, the way I see it, the MC goes to the house to save Riley from his attackers because she is someone important to him and not because they are going to damage a "valuable object".

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
It isn't possible to get all the scenes on a single playthrough without using saves or rollback. And for those that this matters to, no NTR or sharing. (With other guys anyway. If you consider lesbian content or FFM threesomes to be NTR or sharing, then you may want to avoid this one. Nothing is intended to cause jealousy, but yeah..)
I am confused now. I started playing because I was told that Lesbian content was optional but reading this throws that into doubt. Is the developer saying that threesomes with lesbian content are unavoidable or are they actually optional. I don't share with anyone whether they have a cock or not. I am liking this so far but I don't want to get invested in the story and characters if I don't have a choice. It's not about jealousy to me. I simply don't want my Li's ever involved sexually with anyone else.

I don't have a problem with other peoples kinks. It just so happens that I have studied how the human mind works and have put many many people through sessions and confirmed the correctness of what I studied. So I understand the reason for all kinks out there and why so many people have different one's. I also know that emotion is very tied up in sex and if two people have sex together they are forming a relationship. If two girls in your harem are involved then they are forming a separate relationship from yours which means it is no longer a harem but a poly relationship. Learning this enabled me to understand why bi-sexual Li's are huge turn-off for me. Again, I am not judging anyone else. I have noticed that those with a lesbian fetish tend to get triggered by people who state that they don't want bi-sexual and lesbian content and I want to put that to rest. I want my romance with my Li's which means no sharing with anyone.

That being said, there are many creator's who understand this and make all bi-sexual and lesbian content optional. Because the tags are insufficient to clarify that many of us ask before we get involved with a visual novel. That's me. I sub to several dozen creators because they are talented, give me complete control over the fetishes I experience and I love their work. I sub to them to support them so that they can continue to create their art. I just ask for honesty from the developer. I am not asking them to change what they are planning but just to know their intent so that I can decide whether I want to invest my time, energy, emotion and money into their work.
Developer, please let me know.

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah, I think my point of view regarding the scene is closer to that than "protecting your property." At least, the way I see it, the MC goes to the house to save Riley from his attackers because she is someone important to him and not because they are going to damage a "valuable object".
That's fine, I mention the "Protect your property" part because the game will have a way to essentially treat the girls that way, and some players will think of them like that.
I am confused now. I started playing because I was told that Lesbian content was optional but reading this throws that into doubt. Is the developer saying that threesomes with lesbian content are unavoidable or are they actually optional. I don't share with anyone whether they have a cock or not. I am liking this so far but I don't want to get invested in the story and characters if I don't have a choice. It's not about jealousy to me. I simply don't want my Li's ever involved sexually with anyone else.

I don't have a problem with other peoples kinks. It just so happens that I have studied how the human mind works and have put many many people through sessions and confirmed the correctness of what I studied. So I understand the reason for all kinks out there and why so many people have different one's. I also know that emotion is very tied up in sex and if two people have sex together they are forming a relationship. If two girls in your harem are involved then they are forming a separate relationship from yours which means it is no longer a harem but a poly relationship. Learning this enabled me to understand why bi-sexual Li's are huge turn-off for me. Again, I am not judging anyone else. I have noticed that those with a lesbian fetish tend to get triggered by people who state that they don't want bi-sexual and lesbian content and I want to put that to rest. I want my romance with my Li's which means no sharing with anyone.

That being said, there are many creator's who understand this and make all bi-sexual and lesbian content optional. Because the tags are insufficient to clarify that many of us ask before we get involved with a visual novel. That's me. I sub to several dozen creators because they are talented, give me complete control over the fetishes I experience and I love their work. I sub to them to support them so that they can continue to create their art. I just ask for honesty from the developer. I am not asking them to change what they are planning but just to know their intent so that I can decide whether I want to invest my time, energy, emotion and money into their work.
Developer, please let me know.
No, there's no unavoidable lesbian content, and this will continue to be the case. Threesomes that happen may have lesbian content if you've previously opted in to the lesbian content, but if not then you'll get a different version of the same scene where the girls are 100% focused on the MC only. Some threesome scenes may only occur if the involved characters share a lesbian relationship, but those scenes just won't happen if the player has opted out of lesbian content. Opting out of content doesn't just hide those scenes, it instead changes the story such that the circumstances which would result in those scenes don't exist, and so the story changes direction.

Basically, if you like lesbian content, and don't mind the girls hooking up without you, resulting in them possibly later hooking up with you there too, then you can opt in. If you don't like the sound of that, either tell the character not to do lesbian stuff when you get the choice.

You said you were liking it so far, so out of interest, where have you played up to? (Or did you just mean you were liking what you were reading about the game). With that info, I can tell you how close you are to getting your chance to basically disable lesbian content. Can confirm that the only circumstances where any of the girls get sexual with anyone other than the player are when the player opts in, and the girls will never be able to get sexual with any men other than the player, (So the opt in is specifically referring to lesbian and bisexual content)

Oh, I should point out that at times some characters may reference things they've done with people who aren't MC, and sometimes this is unavoidable. If mere mention of these things is a dealbreaker, then yes this should be skipped. Not saying that's you, because I don't know, I just know that some people have previously gotten very upset about it, but I have no plans to remove or omit mentions like this, but they're also not something I include frequently. Cucking people is not the goal at all.

Last edited:

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
The answer to the ghost is right ? Im a little tired and didnt read that properly or take much notice when I was just focuing how to even progress (spent way too much time wondering around as my focus), but to be safe I went back and skipped the ghost part and chose the correct guess option. Dont want to have to play for a week just to find out and Really dont want to deal the the ghost again unless it was a ghost girl LI/SC.

Its a unique scene, for sure, but not fun to do again. My eyes hurt from trying to find that key.
Ah and I bump MCs ability rating from Rank E to Rank D. But stlll couldnt kill it with his hands,. so I dont know. D- ?

Last edited:

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
The answer to the ghost is 4b right ? Im a little tired and didnt read that properly or take much notice when I was just focuing how to even progress (spent way too much time wondering around as my focus), but to be safe I went back and skipped the ghost part and chose the correct guess option. Dont want to have to play for a week just to find out and Really dont want to deal the the ghost again unless it was a ghost girl LI/SC.

Its a unique scene, for sure, but not fun to do again.
Heh, that's fair enough. I haven't actually revealed what type the ghost is, at least not yet. However, using the skip option has no consequence, so if you chose to do that and selected the correct option, then you won't have to deal with the ghost again.

Reactions: Nobles

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
That's fine, I mention the "Protect your property" part because the game will have a way to essentially treat the girls that way, and some players will think of them like that.

No, there's no unavoidable lesbian content, and this will continue to be the case. Threesomes that happen may have lesbian content if you've previously opted in to the lesbian content, but if not then you'll get a different version of the same scene where the girls are 100% focused on the MC only. Some threesome scenes may only occur if the involved characters share a lesbian relationship, but those scenes just won't happen if the player has opted out of lesbian content. Opting out of content doesn't just hide those scenes, it instead changes the story such that the circumstances which would result in those scenes don't exist, and so the story changes direction.

Basically, if you like lesbian content, and don't mind the girls hooking up without you, resulting in them possibly later hooking up with you there too, then you can opt in. If you don't like the sound of that, either tell the character not to do lesbian stuff when you get the choice.

You said you were liking it so far, so out of interest, where have you played up to? (Or did you just mean you were liking what you were reading about the game). With that info, I can tell you how close you are to getting your chance to basically disable lesbian content. Can confirm that the only circumstances where any of the girls get sexual with anyone other than the player are when the player opts in. (Either by giving permission, or by not pressing the "No" button when one of these scense pops up, which only happens if you haven't had the chance to opt out before that point.)
[/QU

You said you were liking it so far, so out of interest, where have you played up to? (Or did you just mean you were liking what you were reading about the game). With that info, I can tell you how close you are to getting your chance to basically disable lesbian content. Can confirm that the only circumstances where any of the girls get sexual with anyone other than the player are when the player opts in. (Either by giving permission, or by not pressing the "No" button when one of these scense pops up, which only happens if you haven't had the chance to opt out before that point.)
Thank you for answering. I am currently playing and am on day 5. I will give a complete analysis when I get to the end but so far I am impressed.

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thank you for answering. I am currently playing and am on day 5. I will give a complete analysis when I get to the end but so far I am impressed.
In that case, it sounds like you've just moved part the point where you get to choose about the current lesbian content. (If you didn't get a text about permission for it, you will shortly.)

If you opted out, then you're all set for no les stuff between those characters. Dicey situations may be teased at times, but the girls are or will be MC's and only his, unless he decides to share them with the other girls.

Reactions: battali0n

Atemsiel

Developer of Stormside
Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
I suppose I should mention since this is the first weekend since the public release of 0.21, I have a patch to address several things people have raised since the latest release, due to be released probably tomorrow. It mostly deals with restructuring the ghost hunt to make navigation and direction easier, small bugfixes, and a feature that provides hints on how to unlock sex scenes.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you've just shown up because it's the weekend and you've got some time for games, it might be worth just putting this on your list if you're interested, and trying it after the patch is out. By all means play it, just know that I'm aware of some of the issues that come with 0.21, and am addressing the ones I can, the fix just isn't quite finished yet.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Heh, that's fair enough. I haven't actually revealed what type the ghost is, at least not yet. However, using the skip option has no consequence, so if you chose to do that and selected the correct option, then you won't have to deal with the ghost again.
Well I spotted something running once, and there were a bunch of noises, and I dont recall anything thrown at me.

While not a fan of the ghost arc, it is what it is /shrugs. Least made something about his ghost hands little useful, other than a portable camera.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 88 Votes