VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes
Nov 9, 2017
So I thought about the condom thing, actually. I haven't gotten that far obviously but I don't like a lot of the ways the condoms look on DAZ characters so I anticipate bareback moving forward.

In terms of your suggestion to bust inside: when we get to actual sex scenes, I want to give the player options for those scenes. Sorta like the poker game. That way you can have the ...um...climax you want. That's my goal anyway
I know that's my goal in life ;)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yeah, not really interested in your personal life ghehe :coldsweat:
Despite getting shot down I uploaded the new update :p

I always appreciate feedback. This was, personally, my favorite update and it's the biggest I've ever done by more than double. Let me know your honest thoughts, though. This is the internet; you don't have to be nice :p

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Aaryn I wish the best of luck and success with the game and any future endeavors, I have to give this game a pass though. Story wise I'm sure it actually could be good, just from the characters life stand point, a good story is a good story. And while I myself do require a great story from the games that I play, I'm sure most play these games for the lewd stuff as well, but it's for the simple fact that I play in a different "league", so to speak, is why I can't give the game a go, a shame really because visually, at least based on the preview pictures, it looks good and like I said earlier, the story could be good too, but the lewd stuff this game provides, I'm not the target audience, haha. But I really do wish the best of luck, keep it up! :)

Reactions: Aaryn and Bobdobson

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
@Aaryn I wish the best of luck and success with the game and any future endeavors, I have to give this game a pass though. Story wise I'm sure it actually could be good, just from the characters life stand point, a good story is a good story. And while I myself do require a great story from the games that I play, I'm sure most play these games for the lewd stuff as well, but it's for the simple fact that I play in a different "league", so to speak, is why I can't give the game a go, a shame really because visually, at least based on the preview pictures, it looks good and like I said earlier, the story could be good too, but the lewd stuff this game provides, I'm not the target audience, haha. But I really do wish the best of luck, keep it up! :)
Hey Eerie,
Thanks for checking in. No offense taken at all. I'm guessing you're just not into the guy stuff :p
No worries. Lucky for me, I can get away with playing the straight stuff, too. Take care :)

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Aaryn I'm glad you took no offense, as no offense was intended, I respect people and their sexualities, we all have the right to be happy and express ourselves and be who we are, at least that's my philosophy, hehe, you take care too :)

Reactions: Aaryn
Nov 9, 2017
Just downloaded (hehe "load"), few things I noticed.

1. Found a typo that I didn't notice back in 0.8, during the conclusion of the poker game when Braden strips naked, the word "Discipline" is misspelled.
2. Not a fan of the new scrolling choices.
3. Did you add something to the earlier sections because they keep talking about a wrestling match that I don't remember

Nov 9, 2017
Had an error message occur which is strange considering that's the first time the entire game I've seen it happen.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 11729, in script
if NoChi:
File "game/script.rpy", line 11729, in <module>
if NoChi:
NameError: name 'NoChi' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 11729, in script
if NoChi:
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1656, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 11729, in <module>
if NoChi:
NameError: name 'NoChi' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Str8 v0.9
Edit: found another one

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 12283, in script
menu:
File "game/script.rpy", line 12296, in <module>
"Massage"if Massage2 == False:
NameError: name 'Massage2' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 12283, in script
menu:
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1459, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 828, in menu
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Morgan\Desktop\Str8-v0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 12296, in <module>
"Massage"if Massage2 == False:
NameError: name 'Massage2' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Str8 v0.9

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
2.5GB ? If not convering into WebP, maybe I'll optimize your PNGs and upload? So You just overwrite PNGs and have game smaller? If you want to do it yourself (e.g. overnight), I suggest using "turbo" mode I decribed in optimziation post.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Just downloaded (hehe "load"), few things I noticed.

1. Found a typo that I didn't notice back in 0.8, during the conclusion of the poker game when Braden strips naked, the word "Discipline" is misspelled.
2. Not a fan of the new scrolling choices.
3. Did you add something to the earlier sections because they keep talking about a wrestling match that I don't remember
1. Thanks for the correction
2. Lol, so I worked my ass off on the menu bars sliding in. I've wanted to do that since build 2 or 3 and couldn't get it right. I'll probably stay like that for awhile just because I wanted it so bad. If people hate, though, I'll change it back :(
3. The first wrestling match was brief and was during the first TV night where Braden climbs into Zack's bed to watch the fight. Zack talks some shit about leverage and Braden puts him on his ass for a demonstration. Nothing was added to it
4. Also going to agree with @elleo and state that the error looks like a bug from using an old save file. My coding style has not worked with old save files. If that's not the case with your error, let me know more. You can post on here or send me a private message, too, if you want. I'm good either way.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Looks well done.

However:

Nope
I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

2.5GB ? If not convering into WebP, maybe I'll optimize your PNGs and upload? So You just overwrite PNGs and have game smaller? If you want to do it yourself (e.g. overnight), I suggest using "turbo" mode I decribed in optimziation post.
Hey Cobra,
Yeah, it's fucking huge (first time I've ever said that in my life). @bossapplesauce posted compressed versions in the past for me. At this point, being a solo dev, that's just another step that I would have to learn and obviously my game still needs a ton of work so that was my first priority. One of these days I'm going to go through your post @CobraPL and try and figure it out. It's on my bucket list.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

Hey Cobra,
Yeah, it's fucking huge (first time I've ever said that in my life). @bossapplesauce posted compressed versions in the past for me. At this point, being a solo dev, that's just another step that I would have to learn and obviously my game still needs a ton of work so that was my first priority. One of these days I'm going to go through your post @CobraPL and try and figure it out. It's on my bucket list.
That is why I offered doing it for you. Just PNGs to overwrite. Just write to me if you want it.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That is why I offered doing it for you. Just PNGs to overwrite. Just write to me if you want it.
@Aaryn - I updated my post yesterday with the compressed version of v0.9

EDIT: Clearly that's confusing people who watch the latest of the thread for a compressed version, so I'm going back to making a new post when I make a new compressed version. Sorry about that and the latest compressed version is below.

Plaiie

Jun 25, 2018
After played V0.9
Honestly I like this chapter a lot :D

Bugs(?)
before massage to Braden (when pick <<jerk in bed>> and <<cum>>)
Did a shadow of mess is weird?

I swear,Your Zack's smile scared me out D:

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Straight!? [v0.9] [Aaryn] - Original Size: 2.52GB

Download PC (229MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes