VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes

RhasAlGhul

Feb 22, 2018
omg @Aaryn another awesome cliff hanger I can't wait to se how it all goes. I kinda hate you and love you for leaving me hanging like that

Reactions: Aaryn

dasetean

Aug 3, 2018
I think it is good to get some variety, even if it isn't my thing. I like the idea of a slow burner. Would be a good idea for some hetero games that are absolutely unrealistic at the moment. Carry on!!​
View attachment 25816
Overview:
Straight!? is a work in progress dating sim/visual novel that specifically focuses on M4M and gay content. The story follows the main character, Zack, from his first day of college after meeting his new roommate, Braden.
In contrast to other games, this game relies heavily on dialogue and character development to tell the story. Frequent conversations and banter will give insight to the two main characters and move the story of their relationship forward. While there is sexual content, the story builds first--capitalizing on the teasing factor as we struggle along with the main character. Updates generally move the story forward, simulating a serial novel as the story unfolds.​

Updated: 16/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: Aaryn - |
Censorship: No
Version: 0.11.1
Language:English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
PC: - - -
MAC: - - -

Compressed PC: - - - -
Compressed MAC: - - - -

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
omg @Aaryn another awesome cliff hanger I can't wait to se how it all goes. I kinda hate you and love you for leaving me hanging like that
Heh, yeah...while it seems like a dick move. I split things there for a reason to keep the two "talks separate." They're challenging for their own separate reasons so I wanted to focus on one at a time.

I think it is good to get some variety, even if it isn't my thing. I like the idea of a slow burner. Would be a good idea for some hetero games that are absolutely unrealistic at the moment. Carry on!!​
Hey,
Nah. I'm with you, too. I like the slow burners, too. While a couple hetero games try it, I dont think anyone has really pulled it off right yet. And yeah, I play the hetero games, too. Wife and Mother seems to try to pull it off but the writing and the teasing is just bad IMO. I do appreciate your openness to the variety here even if it's not your thing. Thanks for the support either way, bro.

Nov 9, 2017
*sings Hallelujah* Not exactly the sex scene I wanted to see but finally having one is good (plus I've wanted to see the BB model take a load. Sad that no ones made a gay mod for BB yet)

Of course you would end it there you devious bastard lol

shadowxxboyx

May 4, 2018
This game is amazing it is a really good story and it hit close to home, keep up the fantastic work im not happy about the cliff hanger but i am willing to wait and to see what happens in the next update once i started playing it i couldn't stop until it said to be continued i almost cried it is such a good game.

I just wish you didnt have to start from the beginning every time but it is worth it.

Nov 9, 2017
This game is amazing it is a really good story and it hit close to home, keep up the fantastic work im not happy about the cliff hanger but i am willing to wait and to see what happens in the next update once i started playing it i couldn't stop until it said to be continued i almost cried it is such a good game.

I just wish you didnt have to start from the beginning every time but it is worth it.
You don't have to start from the beginning, When you start a new game it lets you choose which chapter to start from (including the new stuff)

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
AmmmmmAZING story, plot twist, twist again, back again MWA HA plot twist again aaaand cliffhanger...

A bit shorter than I expected, but this was a logical place to cut the cord and keep us in suspense, that is slowly becoming a trademark of yours. :)

The story is getting better with every chapter. Narrative and descriptions are fantastic. I particularly like the writing style. Not heavy with details, but still more than enough for us to put it all together in our heads.

Oh, and btw forehead kiss, cheeky move, and so adorable. Last thing that I could have imagined. Love it.

Can't wait for that /*queue Darth Vader song*/ v0.12 :D

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
*sings Hallelujah* Not exactly the sex scene I wanted to see but finally having one is good (plus I've wanted to see the BB model take a load. Sad that no ones made a gay mod for BB yet)

Of course you would end it there you devious bastard lol
Heh, yeah..I feel like a lot of people are more anxious for content between other characters but hopefully the relevance of the scene justified its use. Plus, doing this just felt unpredictable and I feel like that's what makes an interesting read: when you're not really sure which direction things are going. I like surprises. Plus, I put a ton of work into the first animation for the game (emphasis on "first).

Thanks for the love. The angle I'm going for is for it to hit close to home for people. The fact that you almost cried means a lot, I take that as a strong compliment cause I was pouring out some serious feels in this one--and the next update.

Fenix is also correct. You dont have to start over each time. Just use new game and you get chapter select. It should jump you to the newest update.

The cliffhangers are sorta part of the story. I've done that for ages. I view these updates sorta like episodes.

Thanks for the love, man.

Reactions: Fenric Andrias

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
AmmmmmAZING story, plot twist, twist again, back again MWA HA plot twist again aaaand cliffhanger...

A bit shorter than I expected, but this was a logical place to cut the cord and keep us in suspense, that is slowly becoming a trademark of yours. :)

The story is getting better with every chapter. Narrative and descriptions are fantastic. I particularly like the writing style. Not heavy with details, but still more than enough for us to put it all together in our heads.

Oh, and btw forehead kiss, cheeky move, and so adorable. Last thing that I could have imagined. Love it.

Can't wait for that /*queue Darth Vader song*/ v0.12 :D
I'm soooo glad this update was working for people. I truly felt this was the game changing update to me. The twists and character roles were either going to work or they weren't. I didnt really know whether I had the skill to hide things pull stuff off. It can always get better but I'm truly flattered you guys are enjoying it. Cause who doesnt love plot twists?

Yeah, and that bedroom scene is something I was both dreading to write because of the emotion but wanting it to hit because I felt it was such a powerful moment.

Reactions: Kronordil

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
I'm soooo glad this update was working for people. I truly felt this was the game changing update to me. The twists and character roles were either going to work or they weren't. I didnt really know whether I had the skill to hide things pull stuff off. It can always get better but I'm truly flattered you guys are enjoying it. Cause who doesnt love plot twists?

Yeah, and that bedroom scene is something I was both dreading to write because of the emotion but wanting it to hit because I felt it was such a powerful moment.
Well you pulled it off masterfully. It was beautiful, well planed, and executed to perfection. Most importantly, I didn't see it coming.

Btw, I believe congratulations are in order for getting under YT spotlight :D
Well deserved

Cheers and a massive thank you for your work

Nov 9, 2017

Now we just have to wait another month for v12. Luckily there's Camp Buddy coming out at the end of the month (hopefully someone will post it on this site when it does land)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Well you pulled it off masterfully. It was beautiful, well planed, and executed to perfection. Most importantly, I didn't see it coming.

Btw, I believe congratulations are in order for getting under YT spotlight :D
Well deserved

Cheers and a massive thank you for your work
Heh, I'll sheepishly say thank you and then creep back out of the spotlight. I'm just making a game I would like to play. It's just cool other people are onboard with it. I wouldn't say it was "masterful," lol. But thank you. I'm just happy things clicked. Stay tuned for more...

Now we just have to wait another month for v12. Luckily there's Camp Buddy coming out at the end of the month (hopefully someone will post it on this site when it does land)
Yeah, v0.12 is proving to be difficult. For those that follow the Patreon news, I ran into quite a few computer problems. In short, I'll bring you guys up to speed that I've used the Patreon case to purchase a new computer. It's shipped and should be here within a few days. Basically, progress is grindingly slow right now. So I gotta hit the reset button. I expect v0.12 to be shorter than the past few updates but hopefully will be a solid addition.

Lonop

Jun 15, 2018
Seriously, such a well written chapter, loved every interaction that has happened, really beautiful. Keep up the amazing work man.

Though, seriously, that last sentence had me screaming joyously cuz just felt so pure and it's early morning here lol. Cant wait to see what will happen next :)

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Seriously, such a well written chapter, loved every interaction that has happened, really beautiful. Keep up the amazing work man.

Though, seriously, that last sentence had me screaming joyously cuz just felt so pure and it's early morning here lol. Cant wait to see what will happen next :)
Thanks man. Means a lot . I pumped a lot of emotion into that one:)

Reactions: Lonop

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
Is there a sex scene in this new update yet? Haven't played this game...been holding off cause i don't wanna get invested in the story/plot with the heavy dialogue without some reward at the end. Wanna try it though but i need one sex scene at least,that a wife and mother game gave me blue balls so i always ask before i play something, don't wanna get teased again. :p

shadowxxboyx

May 4, 2018
Heh, yeah..I feel like a lot of people are more anxious for content between other characters but hopefully the relevance of the scene justified its use. Plus, doing this just felt unpredictable and I feel like that's what makes an interesting read: when you're not really sure which direction things are going. I like surprises. Plus, I put a ton of work into the first animation for the game (emphasis on "first).

Thanks for the love. The angle I'm going for is for it to hit close to home for people. The fact that you almost cried means a lot, I take that as a strong compliment cause I was pouring out some serious feels in this one--and the next update.

Fenix is also correct. You dont have to start over each time. Just use new game and you get chapter select. It should jump you to the newest update.

The cliffhangers are sorta part of the story. I've done that for ages. I view these updates sorta like episodes.

Thanks for the love, man.
I figured that out when i looked at it again i just think it gives you the whole feeling to start from the beginning instead of just picking a chapter it ruins the experience for me i like to immerse, myself into the game kinda like imagining im in the game itself it gives me better feel for the game. so keep up the amazing work an i cant wait for the next update.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Is there a sex scene in this new update yet? Haven't played this game...been holding off cause i don't wanna get invested in the story/plot with the heavy dialogue without some reward at the end. Wanna try it though but i need one sex scene at least,that a wife and mother game gave me blue balls so i always ask before i play something, don't wanna get teased again. :p
There is technically sex in the game now. That's all I'll say to avoid spoilers. I've played Wife and Mother as well. While I suck at bolstering my own abilities, I think I've done a much better job at teasing than LnP has in his game. I think my scenes are emotionally and sexually charged where as his are just usually two people almost touching each other on accident or some shit. Mine is like raw sexual tension--but that's what I like for the story so maybe I'm biased. I'd argue that despite there not being a lot of actual fucking, the game has plenty of moments to bust to:p Now, that's only my opnion. However, as the dev, I'm probably harder on my own game than most people are. I'm welcome to others chiming in on their thoughts, though, too. One warning: this game is an investment and longer than Wife and Mother is. I just recently had to start from the beginning and play my own game again to get the timeline right for v0.11 and v0.12 and it was a lot longer than I thought. I have no idea how people are getting through it in one night.

However, if you've been holding off for a long time and just lurking on the forums, I'm interested to hear your feedback if you do decide to play.

I figured that out when i looked at it again i just think it gives you the whole feeling to start from the beginning instead of just picking a chapter it ruins the experience for me i like to immerse, myself into the game kinda like imagining im in the game itself it gives me better feel for the game. so keep up the amazing work an i cant wait for the next update.
I like the immersion, too. Which is why I've spent so much time working on it in the story itself. The idea for the chapter select was so people could easily jump to repeated areas and make different decisions if they wanted too. In the early parts of the game, there's random events--something I was trying out--that I've sorta pulled back away from. Lot of people played these chapters over again just so see if there was other hidden content. But the other advantage to the chapter select for updates is it jumps to the game area just before the previous cliffhanger. I sorta viewed this as the "previously on..." scene that takes place before a lot of TV shows. Attempting to pull you back in and remind you of what happened before.

Reactions: Theboss3213
4.90 star(s) 51 Votes