VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes
Nov 9, 2017
Now that is more like it. Nice long (hehe) update with plenty of skin. Did find some typos though.

You forgot the "r" in Darwinism
Caligula was spelled wrong
And you forgot an s in the word "possible" during the scene where Zach is checking his phone in the classroom

Otherwise superb update. Wish you had people helping you out so you could get them out faster

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Ha ha ha, ahhh, the IT Crowd reference just made my day. Until I scrolled up a bit and see that there's an update posted!

Thanks Aaryn for the game, for your candor and accessibility, and just for being a creator overall.
Cheers!
Thanks man. Let me know what ya think. That was the hardest update I've done yet. This next one though... ugh...

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Thanks for the amazing update Aaryn. It was really great loved everything about (though hate you for ending sorry XD).

Keep up the amazing work!
Heh, yeah...I love my cliffhanger endings but I had to stop somewhere and that spot was probably the most effective. Thanks, though, seriously. I'm glad you're diggin it.

Now that is more like it. Nice long (hehe) update with plenty of skin. Did find some typos though.

You forgot the "r" in Darwinism
Caligula was spelled wrong
And you forgot an s in the word "possible" during the scene where Zach is checking his phone in the classroom

Otherwise superb update. Wish you had people helping you out so you could get them out faster
Thanks Fenric, I'll check out the typos. My screen on RenPy is so damn small that I always miss something. Yeah, hoping you were liking the more skin :p I know you've been frustrated by the slow progression but things just have to work for me before I can add those scenes in there.

I've considered more help but then you get into creative disagreements and stuff like that. It would be nice to pump updates out faster but sometimes the gradual updates gives me a chance to re-evaluate. I'm not sure that things would have went the same direction if I was pumping out updates faster. Some ideas just come to me in time and I end up taking the story in a new direction. Without that time to reflect, it may have been less. Hard to say...

I do use a ton of the feedback and fan reactions though. I have people writing letters on Tumblr and the Patreon page about their own college experiences or being able to relate with the characters. A lot of those are really heavy and flattering that people can relate as heavily as they are. People also debate things and try to guess what's happening. Sometimes those posts generate new ideas. With the slow progression of the game, I've sorta come to look at it the same as a TV series or a monthly comic book. You just gotta wait for the next episode/issue...

Reactions: Nalassa

risada_maniaca

Jul 26, 2017
Really good update! Great work so far! As allways, the way you write is simply astonishing and shows knowledge about basic psicology (not only the dialogues, but the behaviour of the characters itself) and great character progression.
And seeing the ending let me just say: YOU MONSTER! HOW.COULD.YOU!

On a different note. There are compatibility problems with saves from previous versions. Especially during choices like the one after the swimming practice in the new update.
And again. YOU MONSTER!

Nov 9, 2017
Heh, yeah...I love my cliffhanger endings but I had to stop somewhere and that spot was probably the most effective. Thanks, though, seriously. I'm glad you're diggin it.

Thanks Fenric, I'll check out the typos. My screen on RenPy is so damn small that I always miss something. Yeah, hoping you were liking the more skin :p I know you've been frustrated by the slow progression but things just have to work for me before I can add those scenes in there.

I've considered more help but then you get into creative disagreements and stuff like that. It would be nice to pump updates out faster but sometimes the gradual updates gives me a chance to re-evaluate. I'm not sure that things would have went the same direction if I was pumping out updates faster. Some ideas just come to me in time and I end up taking the story in a new direction. Without that time to reflect, it may have been less. Hard to say...

I do use a ton of the feedback and fan reactions though. I have people writing letters on Tumblr and the Patreon page about their own college experiences or being able to relate with the characters. A lot of those are really heavy and flattering that people can relate as heavily as they are. People also debate things and try to guess what's happening. Sometimes those posts generate new ideas. With the slow progression of the game, I've sorta come to look at it the same as a TV series or a monthly comic book. You just gotta wait for the next episode/issue...
That's ok. I don't mind helping find typos lol.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I would prefer by now if they knew what each other's cum tasted like just by memory alone but this update was a vast improvement on the previous ones. Bring on the next one :)

Also, call me clueless, but has Braden always been uncut (which I love btw)?

Reactions: Traban16

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
These are not shaved. :confounded::confounded:
Really good update! Great work so far! As allways, the way you write is simply astonishing and shows knowledge about basic psicology (not only the dialogues, but the behaviour of the characters itself) and great character progression.
And seeing the ending let me just say: YOU MONSTER! HOW.COULD.YOU!

On a different note. There are compatibility problems with saves from previous versions. Especially during choices like the one after the swimming practice in the new update.
And again. YOU MONSTER!
Thanks for the love on the update. Glad you liked it. Just a note on previous versions: they're always broke and will probably stay that way. Basically, I have to declare all possible choices at the beginning of the game. That was impossible to forecast considering that I don't even really use a ton of outlines and organization when I write. So each update, I add new choices, which have to be declared at the start of the game. I've tried to minimize this irritation with the "warp points" and chapter select at the beginning of the game.

That's ok. I don't mind helping find typos lol.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I would prefer by now if they knew what each other's cum tasted like just by memory alone but this update was a vast improvement on the previous ones. Bring on the next one :)

Also, call me clueless, but has Braden always been uncut (which I love btw)?
Glad you liked the skin but no cum tasting yet (stay tuned...). And yes, Braden has always been uncut. I don't see a lot of uncut models on here that look any good. I spent waaaay too much time designing his cock for real...

This has 3gb? holy, Is this gay content only?
Yes, it's gay content only

Nov 9, 2017
Glad you liked the skin but no cum tasting yet (stay tuned...). And yes, Braden has always been uncut. I don't see a lot of uncut models on here that look any good. I spent waaaay too much time designing his cock for real...
Woe is you having to design large uncut cocks all day ;)

Reactions: Traban16

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
No!!! You didn't! No! You cheeky fuck!!!! That isn't a cliffhanger, it's more of a Jupiter-hanger or something very far away, hanging. Damn it!

At least your change log is accurate, I did hate you... :D

That being said, I absolutely love this game, and your work. It's amazing!

Although the gay stuff isn't my thing, I had to download it coz I never played something like this (and that cover photo was strangely puzzling, I had to see what it's all about) I love a good story, the art is cool, and for some, to me unknown reason, I really started to care for the characters at some point. You cheeky little...

At first I was annoyed at how slow the story progressed, now I'm annoyed it's going too fast. Mental, I know. :D

Humour is fantastic, sarcasm on point, Max from BB made me laugh for an hour, not just because of his face, but because I spent so much time avoiding that damn military school (and failed so many times that I actually wondered how it would look like) :D

Awesome, awesome game. Few typos here and there. The only thing that broke immersion (for me), in this cool story of yours, was when Zach was saying something along the lines of:" it won't weird you out if I get into the bed/touch/massage/bla bla" it felt kinda redundant and completely out of character. For me at least, it's much weirder if he actually says that :D

Now to end this wall of text, I still hate you. Absolutely hate you. Yeah. Uugghh. Can't wait for the next chapter! Oh well, time to fire up BB and send him to military school. Whaaaat? It must be done for the sake of this story :D

PS. If by any chance you are planing to NOT give us a happy ending, I swear to whatever God you believe in, I will bore you to death and even after that!

PPS. Or at least create a story path that makes the world explode, nothing less would be satisfactory.

Cheers

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
No!!! You didn't! No! You cheeky fuck!!!! That isn't a cliffhanger, it's more of a Jupiter-hanger or something very far away, hanging. Damn it!

At least your change log is accurate, I did hate you... :D

That being said, I absolutely love this game, and your work. It's amazing!

Although the gay stuff isn't my thing, I had to download it coz I never played something like this (and that cover photo was strangely puzzling, I had to see what it's all about) I love a good story, the art is cool, and for some, to me unknown reason, I really started to care for the characters at some point. You cheeky little...

At first I was annoyed at how slow the story progressed, now I'm annoyed it's going too fast. Mental, I know. :D

Humour is fantastic, sarcasm on point, Max from BB made me laugh for an hour, not just because of his face, but because I spent so much time avoiding that damn military school (and failed so many times that I actually wondered how it would look like) :D

Awesome, awesome game. Few typos here and there. The only thing that broke immersion (for me), in this cool story of yours, was when Zach was saying something along the lines of:" it won't weird you out if I get into the bed/touch/massage/bla bla" it felt kinda redundant and completely out of character. For me at least, it's much weirder if he actually says that :D

Now to end this wall of text, I still hate you. Absolutely hate you. Yeah. Uugghh. Can't wait for the next chapter! Oh well, time to fire up BB and send him to military school. Whaaaat? It must be done for the sake of this story :D

PS. If by any chance you are planing to NOT give us a happy ending, I swear to whatever God you believe in, I will bore you to death and even after that!

PPS. Or at least create a story path that makes the world explode, nothing less would be satisfactory.

Cheers
lol... this shit made my day for realz. So welcome to the club bro, straight or otherwise. I actually take that as a compliment. If I can pull in guys that aren't really into the gay content but stay for the story... you probably don't realize what kind of a deep compliment that is. Maybe you do. But thank you.

In terms of your threats of harm and apocalyptic planetary explosions: I personally, am a sucker for tragic stories. I always have been . Without spoiling this game, I do not plan on having it end tragically. I don't have enough of a name as a storyteller to get away with Game of Throning my two gay characters. I have an ending in mind and I think it will work and "be the ending the story deserves." I'll leave it at that.

But yeah, sorry about the cliffhangers...they're becoming a staple for this story and they're a lot of fun to do. Glad you weren't around for the strip poker update...the cliffhanger ending on that one ended when Braden looked up with that devious look in his face. People about shit over that one. lol. In a similar vein: I stopped the story at this point because the next update is a very difficult write for me. So I needed a break to prep for it. In term of Max from Big Brother... lol... most people don't get the Easter Egg because the game is mostly in the gay community and very few of them have played straight games like BB. I legit liked BB and will sheepishly admit that I had a crush on Lisa. However, I will neither confirm or deny that it is him. It's open to interpretation :p

Thanks for the non-gay luv, bro. Glad to have ya onboard.

Woe is you having to design large uncut cocks all day ;)
My official statement: "My arms are tired."

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
Excellent, then I managed to get my point across, coz it was a very big compliment.

The story kinda broke my illusions that gay people have it easier than the rest of us schmucks that are into women. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to seduce a man? -Hey do you wanna? -Ye, ok.... XD

Daniel Sloss tricked me...

Jokes aside, the story just clicked in my head. Aaaah that waiting to see who has fate decided to throw at me in my dorm. XD That voice in your head that makes you insane over little things, overthinking everything, and when all else fails resort to sarcasm and high philosophy. Just beautiful

Occasional hopelessness and isolation is portrayed beautifully, and I would like to think its intentional. There is just a bit of everything, and that makes this story great, and yet nothing is given enough. Pure awesomeness.

As far as the tragic stories go, nope. Helllllz NO. The real world is tragic enough, I read books and play games to escape that! And this story deserves a happy ending ( I am in no way trying to impose my views, nor would I dare to meddle into your creative process, I am simply expressing my view, which btw is biased as hell, sue me :p )

I was unfortunate enough to read Metro 2033, and when I read that the Dark Ones were actually singing to humans, and trying to communicate, just before they were nuked, it broke something in my head. XD

On a more serious note... Really???? Poker scene? When I saw that look on his face, a myriad of things went through my head. A true bloody endless plethora of all the bad things that could happen! I couldn't read!!! I was clicking like maniac rethinking choices I made up to that point! When I got to the point they were getting dressed, I stopped clicking, threw my laptop and went out for a god damn smoke. 3 puffs of smoke later I was scrambling back and rewinding to read wtf just happened. And when I read it, I went for a smoke again, but this time it was victory smoke.
If I had to wait that one out, shit, I would probably get a stroke. HA HA :D

Simply can't wait for that next chapter

Cheers

Reactions: Aaryn

elleo

Nov 18, 2017
Although the gay stuff isn't my thing, ......
But so really heterosexual they can't really be either. :p

Genre(s): Shounen Ai
Hirono Yuusa always believed he was special and destined for greatness–until tragedy struck in his final year of middle school. Now, jaded and disillusioned, he’s completely given up on ever trying to be anything more than ordinary. But when he starts to notice classmate Himekawa Ichigo struggling to do his best against all odds, he can’t help but want to cheer him on.

if you like this kind of stories, I recommend the . :p

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
But so really heterosexual they can't really be either. :p

Genre(s): Shounen Ai
Hirono Yuusa always believed he was special and destined for greatness–until tragedy struck in his final year of middle school. Now, jaded and disillusioned, he’s completely given up on ever trying to be anything more than ordinary. But when he starts to notice classmate Himekawa Ichigo struggling to do his best against all odds, he can’t help but want to cheer him on.

if you like this kind of stories, I recommend the . :p
Added to my reading list, it will take some time to get to it tho xD

What can I say... I love good stories, and this game isn't my first contact with this genre. I absolutely loved American Dreams in English vilage, and I was reading it while it was still under development (can't even remember how many years ago), so clifhangers arent new to me, but I wanted to point out (dramatically) that I enjoyed the story ^.^

Cheers

Reactions: Aaryn and elleo

Traban16

Dec 21, 2017
I have no words to describe how hard I face-palmed at that ending. Like, I knew something like that was coming because of how close they were becoming through the last couple updates. I just knew there had to be some kind of hurdle thrown in to give them an extra barrier to break through. Ugh, and the look on poor Braden's face... :(:'( Why... just, why?! I am sad now. This made me sad. They were doing so well and then--BAM!

On another note, I am sucked into this story. Fully invested. As soon as I get paid in a couple of weeks, I am subscribing to the Patreon for Aaryn. I need to have that next update ASAP to get over how quickly I went from, "Yay for them for getting that bit more comfortable with each other" to face-palming and saying, "Godammit, Zack... just... goddammit..." And again, the look on Braden's face was both heartbreaking, and yet telling of his growing feelings.

I feel like this game should be a fully-voiced YouTube series or something. But then I wouldn't get all the great sexual tension and nudity. LoL!

I hope the next update comes out super soon. This is one cliffhanger that I can't live with for too long. :tiredface::'(

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Excellent, then I managed to get my point across, coz it was a very big compliment.

The story kinda broke my illusions that gay people have it easier than the rest of us schmucks that are into women. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to seduce a man? -Hey do you wanna? -Ye, ok.... XD

Daniel Sloss tricked me...

Jokes aside, the story just clicked in my head. Aaaah that waiting to see who has fate decided to throw at me in my dorm. XD That voice in your head that makes you insane over little things, overthinking everything, and when all else fails resort to sarcasm and high philosophy. Just beautiful

Occasional hopelessness and isolation is portrayed beautifully, and I would like to think its intentional. There is just a bit of everything, and that makes this story great, and yet nothing is given enough. Pure awesomeness.

As far as the tragic stories go, nope. Helllllz NO. The real world is tragic enough, I read books and play games to escape that! And this story deserves a happy ending ( I am in no way trying to impose my views, nor would I dare to meddle into your creative process, I am simply expressing my view, which btw is biased as hell, sue me :p )

I was unfortunate enough to read Metro 2033, and when I read that the Dark Ones were actually singing to humans, and trying to communicate, just before they were nuked, it broke something in my head. XD

On a more serious note... Really???? Poker scene? When I saw that look on his face, a myriad of things went through my head. A true bloody endless plethora of all the bad things that could happen! I couldn't read!!! I was clicking like maniac rethinking choices I made up to that point! When I got to the point they were getting dressed, I stopped clicking, threw my laptop and went out for a god damn smoke. 3 puffs of smoke later I was scrambling back and rewinding to read wtf just happened. And when I read it, I went for a smoke again, but this time it was victory smoke.
If I had to wait that one out, shit, I would probably get a stroke. HA HA :D

Simply can't wait for that next chapter

Cheers
You sir, are going to be an interesting critic. If you continue to follow the game, I'm going to be really interested to see your take on things, particularly when you said you felt gay people had it easier. Don't worry; I'm not offended. I feel like I understood exactly what you were saying--dudes are always down to go horizontal. That being said, this has almost begun to turn into a gay simulator more than a dating sim with all the the ups and downs that go along with a coming-of-age story like this. I'm particularly interested how you feel after the next two updates. No pressure to stick around. I'm just intrigued by a straight guy playing the game and value your input because of that.

Heh, The Dark Ones...yep. I feel ya. I actually considered a dark ending for this but I'm pretty much ruling that out now. I feel like it'll be "appropriate."

And I feel like I owe ya a pack of smokes now :p

I have no words to describe how hard I face-palmed at that ending. Like, I knew something like that was coming because of how close they were becoming through the last couple updates. I just knew there had to be some kind of hurdle thrown in to give them an extra barrier to break through. Ugh, and the look on poor Braden's face... :(:'( Why... just, why?! I am sad now. This made me sad. They were doing so well and then--BAM!

On another note, I am sucked into this story. Fully invested. As soon as I get paid in a couple of weeks, I am subscribing to the Patreon for Aaryn. I need to have that next update ASAP to get over how quickly I went from, "Yay for them for getting that bit more comfortable with each other" to face-palming and saying, "Godammit, Zack... just... goddammit..." And again, the look on Braden's face was both heartbreaking, and yet telling of his growing feelings.

I feel like this game should be a fully-voiced YouTube series or something. But then I wouldn't get all the great sexual tension and nudity. LoL!

I hope the next update comes out super soon. This is one cliffhanger that I can't live with for too long. :tiredface::'(
Heh, so I've noticed that my storytelling is really misleading. Seems like every time I get either nudity or closeness I always drop something tragic right after it. I feel like nudity in this game is like foreshadowing failure.

I have no idea how I would do voices on this. That would be crazy. I'm already feeling shitty because I haven't done music yet...ugh...I can't imagine juggling voice actors, though.

I'm working on the next update now...trying to. We all need closure after v0.10

thanks for the luv, though Traban. I appreciate the support

Nov 9, 2017
You sir, are going to be an interesting critic. If you continue to follow the game, I'm going to be really interested to see your take on things, particularly when you said you felt gay people had it easier. Don't worry; I'm not offended. I feel like I understood exactly what you were saying--dudes are always down to go horizontal. That being said, this has almost begun to turn into a gay simulator more than a dating sim with all the the ups and downs that go along with a coming-of-age story like this. I'm particularly interested how you feel after the next two updates. No pressure to stick around. I'm just intrigued by a straight guy playing the game and value your input because of that.

Heh, The Dark Ones...yep. I feel ya. I actually considered a dark ending for this but I'm pretty much ruling that out now. I feel like it'll be "appropriate."

Heh, so I've noticed that my storytelling is really misleading. Seems like every time I get either nudity or closeness I always drop something tragic right after it. I feel like nudity in this game is like foreshadowing failure.

I have no idea how I would do voices on this. That would be crazy. I'm already feeling shitty because I haven't done music yet...ugh...I can't imagine juggling voice actors, though.

Only I say don't bother with voices/music as I really don't feel like they add anything to the games. They always come off like the worst kind of porn music

Reactions: JamesM82

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018

I'm thinking you might be disappointed. I will be very bad as critic, coz of the fact that I already love the characters and their stories. I don't see how will it be possible to be objective on this.

Yeah, that is what I said, I feel like the story suffered to get fast to nudity. But then again, stories in adult games are virtually non-existent, and even this amount of storytelling if it stays as it is, is already much, much, much more than expected. Take Milfy City for example, awesome start aaaaaand here we go, do this twice, find this, click that aaaand BINGO. Here's the money shot!

On another note, this is an adult game, it is supposed to get to nudity. Even for a bloke like me, there are moments of:" Oh for the fuck sake kiss him already". Can't tell you how relieved I was that after 4 chapters there was a hug, a meaningful one, without the choice to squeeze the ass/ bite the neck like in other games.

Unfortunately I still didn't get the time to play this again, to mess with the choices, and to see all the outcomes, but I will be doing it after the weekend.

There is absolutely no advice or complaint, that I could address to you. Fantastic work so far, and I am sure that you will deliver a fantastic story with as many Jupiter-hangers as humanly possible :)

Edit: PS. Oh, about the music and voices, if you do decide to add it, please don't half-ass it, there is nothing worse than retarded music during a meaningful conversation. Usually, it's better to leave something out if you're adding it just for the sake of having it in the game. Just my 2 cents

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes