VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

EmptyPromises

Aug 11, 2020
Well, Aaryn you did it again. The latest update hit me all in the feels. I didn't even see my email from Patreon about the update until pretty late last night. Needless to say, once I saw you had released it, I was up a few more hours reading through both routes.

You have a gift for writing compelling, relatable characters. Even without all of the gratuitous nudity in the dorm room, the narrative between these characters could stand entirely on its own. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the lack of full on hardcore sexual elements, but if I am being honest. The fact MORE is right there, just out of reach while inching closer and closer to FINALLY happening. Also, I instantly liked Ash/Max since we first got to 'know' him a bit more, but he's quickly becoming my favorite character. I can't wait until the next update.

Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Well, Aaryn you did it again. The latest update hit me all in the feels. I didn't even see my email from Patreon about the update until pretty late last night. Needless to say, once I saw you had released it, I was up a few more hours reading through both routes.

You have a gift for writing compelling, relatable characters. Even without all of the gratuitous nudity in the dorm room, the narrative between these characters could stand entirely on its own. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the lack of full on hardcore sexual elements, but if I am being honest. The fact MORE is right there, just out of reach while inching closer and closer to FINALLY happening. Also, I instantly liked Ash/Max since we first got to 'know' him a bit more, but he's quickly becoming my favorite character. I can't wait until the next update.
Thank you. I know that newest version is a ride. We definitely took some risks. I'm surprised that it's landed as well as it has but people seem to be eating it up.

When is the next update?
Newest version just dropped on Patreon so i'll post the free version here on 1/29

Jedothy

Mar 29, 2020
Aaryn got us all once more. All I'm gonna say is that... Yeah... #LoveWins
I don't really have anything else to say other than you did a wonderful job on this. It sure was worth the wait. I may write more once I pick myself up from the floor but no promises

• Wow

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Aaryn got us all once more. All I'm gonna say is that... Yeah... #LoveWins
I don't really have anything else to say other than you did a wonderful job on this. It sure was worth the wait. I may write more once I pick myself up from the floor but no promises
haha. thanks. just dont put any spoilers from the new version on here yet so we dont ruin it for the free players

usmcfly

Jun 19, 2020
Came across this VN randomly, and I have to say, I've become pretty invested in the characters. It's a beautiful storyline and I can't wait to continue reading! I think the natural bonding between the MCs is wonderful and really showcases how love is budding and growing, and in different ways between friends. I'm really looking forward to more chapters!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Came across this VN randomly, and I have to say, I've become pretty invested in the characters. It's a beautiful storyline and I can't wait to continue reading! I think the natural bonding between the MCs is wonderful and really showcases how love is budding and growing, and in different ways between friends. I'm really looking forward to more chapters!
appreciate it :)

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
I was worried that you had gone MIA or something with this as I hadnt seen it update in a while, but it's good to hear (and read) you're still at it Aaryn!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I was worried that you had gone MIA or something with this as I hadnt seen it update in a while, but it's good to hear (and read) you're still at it Aaryn!
Nope. i'm alive. Honestly, i never stopped working on stuff. I'm pretty vocal with patreon supporters and stuff with updates and where things are. Ironically, they're the ones that are usually telling me to slow down and take a break. But this update was incredibly difficult for me to write so it took awhile. I've noticed things are better when I dont give myself deadlines. In the past deadlines have just equaled editing things out that would have improved the game so now I just focus on writing a complete story and sometimes that takes me longer.

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
Nope. i'm alive. Honestly, i never stopped working on stuff. I'm pretty vocal with patreon supporters and stuff with updates and where things are. Ironically, they're the ones that are usually telling me to slow down and take a break. But this update was incredibly difficult for me to write so it took awhile. I've noticed things are better when I dont give myself deadlines. In the past deadlines have just equaled editing things out that would have improved the game so now I just focus on writing a complete story and sometimes that takes me longer.
Deadlines put a sense of finality to things, and the moment you set them it does mean that you have to make sacrifices in some area to 'hit the deadline' or 'tell people you're missing the deadline, and they get upset'. It's a project you love dearly, you set yourself to your own rhythm. The sooner you start to involve deadlines, setting yourself a list of things to do, etc, it becomes a chore and then you start to lose passion for doing it.

You be you, man - and all the power to you for it.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Deadlines put a sense of finality to things, and the moment you set them it does mean that you have to make sacrifices in some area to 'hit the deadline' or 'tell people you're missing the deadline, and they get upset'. It's a project you love dearly, you set yourself to your own rhythm. The sooner you start to involve deadlines, setting yourself a list of things to do, etc, it becomes a chore and then you start to lose passion for doing it.

You be you, man - and all the power to you for it.
Yo, i really appreciate this and i appreciate your perspective. I think very similarly. The problem you run into with games like this is that the community doesn't always support that or they're impatient. Most people don't realize how much work it takes to do something like this--in particular when it's a passion project. While the passion itself motivates you, too much pressure can extinguish that flame. So I find that I have to really try and balance that to keep the quality up. That, and I have a desire to constantly improve and learn new things--I think the community, supporters, and the characters within the story deserve that. This last update has been well received and was by far the hardest update to write. I'll also say that you won't get all the content from this update or understand why it took so long to do unless you do both routes. That being said, you're still looking at 1.5 hours or so for one route playthrough of just the new update so the Str8 updates are usually longer than most indie game updates but typically take longer too

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Everybody loves it, and me too :) You are really a good storyteller. Although it is sometimes overcomplicated, in general it works well and it follows well (intentionally or not) few dramatic rules. When finnished, you should post it to some competition. Thanks a lot, Aaryn!

Reactions: Aaryn

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Straight!? [v0.19.5] Aaryn

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.97 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.95 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 735 MB:
Compressed Size Mac: 718 MB:

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I thought this game had died! Super excited to see new content
Nah, it'll be finished. I've confirmed that numerous times and I plan to follow through with it. Just a really tough update for me to do so it took a bit. It's still several hours of content though so you're still getting more content in this than most games around here that update monthly

OcklawahaNightOwl

Jul 13, 2020
So happy to see the new update and it was awesome as usual. Most VN's that come in episodes irritate me but not this one. I am thrilled when I see the "To Be Continued" because I know there is more great things coming. Part of me dreads this work ever being fully completed because I always want more. Keep up the great work and wish you the best.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes