FlyTheKite

Apr 20, 2021
For some reason my campfire has been disabled. I've tried doing the fishing with bait trick, but it didn't work. Also tried to console trick and no luck either. What do I do now?

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

1657870383622.png

Hello everyone!!

I'm happy to let you know that I'm working on the last details of version 0.11 and finishing with coding.
I'll be uploading it as soon as possible, I estimate it will be available by the end of next week.

The version will introduce Emily and a secondary character, two new locations will be added and it will have more than 400 new rendered images as well as new animated videos, inventory items and bonus images (Idols quest)

In the next days before the release, I will be uploading a couple of new previews of the version!!

Stay tuned!

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018
Can someone please tell me if the saves are backwards compatible. I mean can I just click continue or do you have to start again with each version

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Can someone please tell me if the saves are backwards compatible. I mean can I just click continue or do you have to start again with each version
They are supposed to be compatible. I don't recall needing to restart the game since I started playing at v0.6 or 0.7. Interestingly, I remember the opposite problem from v0.9 (I think) that prevented new players from starting a new game and playing to the end of the update, but players who had a save game from the end of the previous update had no problem.

Reactions: Owlman8497

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
3 months and still no update. Seems more and more developers are slowing down more and more. Bad trend for the industry, yes some exceptions are out there and push solid updates monthly but not very common anymore. Hopefully at some point Patreon will get sued or cancelled and then the industry will have to change.

Reactions: yrban7477

JJadams

May 25, 2017
3 months and still no update. Seems more and more developers are slowing down more and more. Bad trend for the industry, yes some exceptions are out there and push solid updates monthly but not very common anymore. Hopefully at some point Patreon will get sued or cancelled and then the industry will have to change.
Or maybe the updates are bigger and bigger to match players expectations, meaning that the work is heavier, and the time requiered to complete it is longer...

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I believe there was a post from the developer just a few days ago saying that an update was imminent. As you said though, a lot of these updates are taking longer and longer to put out. Once a month used to be the norm. The first few days of the month used to bring a deluge of updates for various games. Now three months isn't all that unusual. Some games take several months or longer, and you assume the dev has given up until suddenly an update drops.

I don't know if it just takes longer to make an update now because expectations are higher for renders and gameplay, although there's still plenty of games out there lacking in both. I suspect a lot of it though is that it's a much more crowded market now, and a lot of patreon pages aren't reaching the level of support for "I'll quit my job and work exclusively on this game". There's probably an element too of "well, if every month isn't the norm anymore, let's not rush things". And, unfortunately, there's cases where the dev or devs working on a game are just milking things. I don't think that's the case here. My impression is that it's just taking the dev longer to find time to work on the game and put in what they want for the update.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, obviously, if Patreon goes away, developers will be forced to work harder and faster to create more content for the pirates on F95Zone. :rolleyes:
No, the market is not a vacuum. A new player will step up and replace it with a better model. Basic market economics.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
It's only 3 months, not 3 years! :p

...but yeah, "next week" was last week.
The length of time between updates just gets longer and longer, you do not start with years in between, first it is once a month, then every other month, then maybe every 3 to 6 months and bit by bit you spread it out. Icstor did not start out with months in between, heck at first it was actually a monthly update and sometimes even faster. The milkers business model is not a short con, very much a long con game.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Still, it's far too early to compare him to Icstor. There are dozens of "better" examples out there. But yes, whether milking or not. With what feels like 95% of the devs, it takes longer and longer with each update. Whereby many are overwhelmed with the story and the paths. Even reputable devs like EvaKiss are getting slower and slower, soon it will be a year between updates (I don't count rework here). She used to deliver every 1-2 months too. And also Covid was perfect for a lot of devs to use it as an excuse (I'm taking really infected ones out here). It's sad, but as long as there are enough patrons who are willing to pay for nothing for months or even years, nothing will change here.

3.20 star(s) 62 Votes