Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Just one of those things where you hear a dev is working on (no matter how little) another project while in the middle of having one on the go. Wind up with 2 games eating up daylight hours and an update once per year for each (I won't say what 2 games I mean, but most will know.)

Can only hope by framework they meant storyboarding main plot beats or rough drafting main characters and not rendering full on scenes for a 0.05 or something.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
Just one of those things where you hear a dev is working on (no matter how little) another project while in the middle of having one on the go. Wind up with 2 games eating up daylight hours and an update once per year for each (I won't say what 2 games I mean, but most will know.)

Can only hope by framework they meant storyboarding main plot beats or rough drafting main characters and not rendering full on scenes for a 0.05 or something.
It can be scary to see that for sure lol. I think he has some if not most of the story done or at least a rough draft of the story for the second one. I asked him on the discord one time if he plans out the story ahead of time fully or if he has a rough idea and fills in the blank as he goes. He told me he has it planned the rest of the way of story for SiS. So that's why im assuming hes working on the story for the second game and seeing how renders might look. I wouldn't worry too much for the time being lol. If he starts being like the dev for WVM then yeah, start worrying lol.

Reactions: MarsUltor

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
The main focus is this game. The other game is just him making a rough foundation right now. Working on a few characters and seeing how they look in a few renders. He's not really working one 2 projects like this two at a time. He's said in the past his focus is on this game and that won't really change until its really close to finishing.
hope it is as u think...but strangly this updatre is being delayed and that happen when he is "working" with this other project....coincidence??

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
hope it is as u think...but strangly this updatre is being delayed and that happen when he is "working" with this other project....coincidence??
Based on the length of time between my previous updates, is it fair to say my next update has been delayed? Hmm, indio68? Hmm?

I took the month of December to work out the details of my second project. You know, the one that's going to change the way we change the ways of the various matters that need their ways changed?

I'm working on Stranded in Space. Like your concern and its previous releases, its next update will be big.

...I feel like I should make a game where I just type nonsensical sentences like that ^^ all the time.

Critics of Stranded in Space: Don't you already do that???

Wow, guys. Wow. Unbelievable.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Based on the length of time between my previous updates, is it fair to say my next update has been delayed? Hmm, indio68? Hmm?

I took the month of December to work out the details of my second project. You know, the one that's going to change the way we change the ways of the various matters that need their ways changed?

I'm working on Stranded in Space. Like your concern and its previous releases, its next update will be big.

...I feel like I should make a game where I just type nonsensical sentences like that ^^ all the time.

I love how they ask whether it's coincidence, as if there's any evidence of anything more. That's like saying someone was stabbed to death in your city and you own a knife, therefore you are the murderer. Two things being true does not amount to evidence. And I have seen no evidence that SiS is even remotely affected by your preparing for a second project when there is downtime. Indio69 should be careful: the FBI might hunt him down soon if he knows how to spell mafia.

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018

When I read the highlighted text, I immediately thought of the following from a Monty Python bit:

"I think all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am."

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I love how they ask whether it's coincidence, as if there's any evidence of anything more. That's like saying someone was stabbed to death in your city and you own a knife, therefore you are the murderer. Two things being true does not amount to evidence. And I have seen no evidence that SiS is even remotely affected by your preparing for a second project when there is downtime. Indio69 should be careful: the FBI might hunt him down soon if he knows how to spell mafia.
But work on that second game wasn't done in downtime, while work on SiS continued... it was done instead of working on SiS!

So yes, SiS was affected by Wildman preparing for second project. Especially since that was where the focus was during month of December.

Sadly, I can't think of a single example of developer starting to work on a second, unrelated game (not sequel) before completing first game where both games were not negativelly affected and at least one if not both end up abandoned...

• Angry

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
But work on that second game wasn't done in downtime, while work on SiS continued... it was done instead of working on SiS!

So yes, SiS was affected by Wildman preparing for second project. Especially since that was where the focus was during month of December.

Sadly, I can't think of a single example of developer starting to work on a second, unrelated game (not sequel) before completing first game where both games were not negativelly affected and at least one if not both end up abandoned...
In what way specifically do you think SiS will be negatively affected by Wildman Dev's preliminary work on his second game project? What is the average timespan between update releases of SiS? What is the range of timespans (shortest to longest) between update releases of SiS? If the timespan between the last update and the coming update is greater than the average timespan but well short of the longest timespan, is that really a problem (i.e., evidence of having been "negatively affected")? What is your honest estimate of the probability of Wildman Dev abandoning SiS due to working on a second game project?

EVERYTHING Wildman Dev does when he's not working on Stranded In Space -- eating, sleeping, taking a dump, working a "day job" IRL, etc. -- technically delays the release of the next update, as does work on a second project (There's your lesson for the day on the concept of Opportunity Cost... You're welcome.). However, unless there is empirical evidence that any of that is materially compromising the quality and/or frequency of SiS updates and overall SiS game progress, then it's not worth getting one's knickers in a knot over, IMO.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
What is your honest estimate of the probability of Wildman Dev abandoning SiS due to working on a second game project?
Based on experience with all the other developers who started working on second, unrelated project? About 60% chance that one of the two games will be abandoned and then it's about 50-50 which one it will be.

And nearly 100% chance that there will be delays in release of one or both projects rather soon.

William8

Jan 26, 2021
Based on experience with all the other developers who started working on second, unrelated project? About 60% chance that one of the two games will be abandoned and then it's about 50-50 which one it will be.

And nearly 100% chance that there will be delays in release of one or both projects rather soon.
Experience has shown that 73.6% of statistics are made up on the spot...

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Signs that someone doesn't have a good argument: they get emotional and/or they make up "facts" to support their point.
Indeed.

Brewing up statistics/probabilities based on general unweighted anecdotal experience is sort of like saying that your local college football (or soccer) team has a 50/50 chance of beating the defending NFL champ (or the defending Premier League champ) because there are two possible outcomes - winning and losing ("You either win or you lose, so that's a 50/50 proposition..." :rolleyes:).

The OGs here who have been playing SiS for a long time (and through multiple updates) know that Wildman isn't going to abandon it; he cares too much about it, has invested too much time and effort into it, and is too close to the finish line to just walk away now. Like I said before, I'm certain it is a labor of love (lust?) for him.

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
Unless the game throws in a HUGE curveball I just might have to stop playing once I'm forced to decide between Ariel and Haylee because my fucking god I love of their characters and I don't think I could live with myself choosing only one of them...I've really gotta start avoiding the cheating tag, I wanted harem game where mc gets everyone and everyone is happy but having to choose between two people just hurts

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
Unless the game throws in a HUGE curveball I just might have to stop playing once I'm forced to decide between Ariel and Haylee because my fucking god I love of their characters and I don't think I could live with myself choosing only one of them...I've really gotta start avoiding the cheating tag, I wanted harem game where mc gets everyone and everyone is happy but having to choose between two people just hurts
It's not that much of a curveball and it's definitely getting thrown.

Reactions: Kylemnb

Rickarus

Nov 24, 2019
Without spoiling what's already in the game, all I'll say is that it's worth playing it out (personally I have two saves going and choose all the choices I didn't in my main save in my second) as it will give you an idea of where that specific plot is heading.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
He added a feature where you can pick the major choices and start on I think day 17? so you can choose whatever and load up that day and then go from there with those choices. That way you dont have to play through the entire game. Its really handy when you want a different route.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
So that major choice between haylee and ariel is that just for now or is going to be until the end of the game? Also the choice of who to wake up between daphnee and nemy is it the same thing or will you get to wake up the other one eventually?

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022
So that major choice between haylee and ariel is that just for now or is going to be until the end of the game? Also the choice of who to wake up between daphnee and nemy is it the same thing or will you get to wake up the other one eventually?
About Daphne/Nemy, I doubt we'll get to choose the other one. When we were given the choice, Umiko said it will be the last person woken up, and Ishani would be against waking another person anyway, since she's worried about the resources they have at their disposal.
Haylee/Ariel choice on the other hand, was confirmed by dev, to be only temporary.

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
my last save is with ishami on day 15 idk what update that even was or if i finished it is there i way for me to see scenes with nemy without having to skip i mean "play" the game becouse i did choose daphne and now i have only her replays in gallery thx

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes