punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Great update as always. The laptop chat and the mcs sarcasm is still hilarious to me.
Anyone else think the mc was a bit too pushy with Camilla this update?

Sorry, picking one of them is a requirement—I've tried telegraphing this for a while.

It's hard to consider a three-way split choice. It's a logistical thing. Rendering scenes for choice A, choice B, and choice C (the anti-pick) is just too much work, given I have all the other routes/paths to do alternate scenes for.

However, choosing is not the end of either of their routes. How I imagine most people would ultimately want the end result with Ariel and Haylee is probably not far off how it will actually be.
So, if I'm too interpret this correctly, the mc will end up with both anyway so we the players are forced to make a choice that ultimately doesn't mean anything?

Reactions: Cernunnos.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
[RANT BEGIN]
TBH, I think he's not been pushy enough. I get it, she's been hurt in the past or w/e. IDGAD. The MC hasn't done anything to her to warrant her attitude. She doesn't have to sleep with him (although ofc she ultimately will), but she doesn't have to be a cold bitch, either. I think calling her out on her bullshit is correct and needed to be done. The fact that the MC afterward thinks he might have been too harsh on her reflects even more so how much of a cunt she's been. Her reactions have started to show that she's beginning to realize just how harsh she's been. If she can just calm the hell down and take a breath, she'll realize she doesn't have to be so prickly to him all the damned time.
[/RANT OVER]

I do still like her overall. I think she's probably had a seriously screwed up past, and when I read her talking about it, I might even tear up. But damn, she's making it hard to like her.

Last edited:

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Great update as always. The laptop chat and the mcs sarcasm is still hilarious to me.

So, if I'm too interpret this correctly, the mc will end up with both anyway so we the players are forced to make a choice that ultimately doesn't mean anything?
Well, I don't want to spoil anything, but the choice will definitely still matter. The obvious part of that is the path to the "end" having various different scenes with whoever you chose, but even without that consideration, the choice will definitely still matter.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think I just replied to you, lol.

I'm close to being able to give a more precise date for Day 16.
BTW, I'm guessing the links on Itch should be behind a little from Patreon, right? I only see through Day 13 there rn.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And your siggy also only says Days 1–13, so you'll want to update that at some point. ;)

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
... And your siggy also only says Days 1–13, so you'll want to update that at some point. ;)
Note the sig is talking about what's available for free. Wildman (quite reasonably) has had a delay between when he released the latest version, and when he made the non-Endurance/Elysium part of that free. From reviewing the itch dev posts a couple of hours ago, last time it was a month.

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
Like a lot of others I find Haylee to be a more enticing choice. I usually prefer the more reserved girls in these games but I find Ariel to be an exception. Ariel to me just feels spoiled and a pain to deal with overall compared to her sister. She is the one who kick started the drama and forced the choice so that doesn't help her either. I'm also a little biased because like most, I find it hard to pass on a hot redhead.

I'm at least glad that the MC let his displeasure of the situation known though. I will also say that I felt weird on Ariel's date since I knew I wasn't going to pick her. It's like...."Wow thanks for giving me your first bj, but it is in no way going to help you, sorry but thanks for the head anyway". Weirdly enough I was also surprised that Haylee seemed to have the more thoughtful and romantic date, at least in my opinion. It made the choice even easier for me as a result.

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
OK, many people have been posting here for quite some time for the escape room stuff, whether voicing frustration, asking questions, or offering suggestions and hints — especially WildmanDev who has given a lot of really good help. Here is a list of what you can do to get both all of the numbers to actually escape and all of the numbers for the laptop afterward. A few spots are randomized, so I noted those in the instructions below. I've been pretty thorough, but I'm also really tired. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
HUGE THANKS, Cookiemonster!!!
I would still be stuck in that insanely over complicated escape room puzzle if not for your help!
(I utterly loath escape room puzzles with a grand passion!)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
Honestly I checked out of the Ariel and Haylee thing a couple builds ago when the sit down happened saying they wont share you with each other, at the very least Ariel saying that was just a moment of "ok cow bag have fun being the loner" for me, but also I wish the MC had some back bone in that situation to tell them that neither of them will have any if they are this set on their opinion.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Honestly I checked out of the Ariel and Haylee thing a couple builds ago when the sit down happened saying they wont share you with each other, at the very least Ariel saying that was just a moment of "ok cow bag have fun being the loner" for me, but also I wish the MC had some back bone in that situation to tell them that neither of them will have any if they are this set on their opinion.
I agree. This MC needs a bit more backbone. I haven't had the chat with the sisters yet. I'm still in Paige's memory after that abominable escape room puzzle. But, I know how I would handle the situation if it were actually me in the same situation. "Ariel, Haylee... I like you both and will not choose. My only choice is both of you or neither of you because I refuse to divide two sisters who love each other. To ask me to choose between you is not fair to me or to whomever is not chosen. So once again I say, both or neither of you can be with me. That is all I will say. You two need to work this issue out for yourselves and either agree to share in the caring relationship I freely offer to all the lovely and amenable ladies on this ship or I cannot be with either of you. I will not be the cause of a family feud. So, talk it over and let me know what you decide. I care for you both deeply and perish the thought of having one of you and hurting the other. I will not do that. So, YOU choose... both of you or neither of you." Then I would get up from the discussion and leave the room.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

LordGonti

Jan 11, 2022
Ariel, if you're gonna give ultimatums don't put yourself against the slutty ginger.

*sends laptop message*

TheGremlin21

Sep 19, 2018

Hello!
So I'm excited to announce that Day 16 will be released within one week from today - by the 21st. I'm very close, there's not much else for me to do!
When Day 16 comes out, I'm going to offer a compressed version of Stranded in Space for download.
The file size differences should be around half - so the uncompressed version will be closing in on 9-10 GBs, and the compressed version will be around 4-5 GBs. Note that these are rough estimates, but I'm probably making good assumptions.
So what's the difference? Take a look at the image I provided above - this image WON'T be in the game due to Steam's school setting policy, so this is just for Patreon. Of course, Ariel's 18 in the image!
The first image - labeled "arielpic8 - full" is uncompressed. It's just over 1 MB in size.

The second image - labeled "arielpic8 - 99" is with 1 percent compression - it's under 500 KB in size.

You have to download the images so you can see them in full screen to notice any differences - you can zoom in on Ariel's eyes and see some color variations.
It's subtle, but it's there. Zooming in on both of the images will reveal the minor differences.
Essentially, you can expect the full version to have about 1% more color vibrancy. If you download both of those pictures and can't really tell a difference even when you're zoomed in, perhaps the compressed version will interest you?
Anyway, I'll see you for release!

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I love this game, but scrollbars are desperately needed in the photo album and chat windows.
I'm surprised you would say the photo album. Even with all the pics a scroll wheel or click/drag isn't that bad. I'll look into it, though.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes