Jan 28, 2018
A help function with description of several parameters would be very nice:

- what is Local Evil Level?
- How fast/why do Lust etc decrease?
- What uses up Submission?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
local evil level is shown in a small box bottom right side of game screen when not interacting with dames...lust increases with chatting them hugging kissing.....submission is used when you give them new orders..those are the "points to purchase"
save enough submission points to get "have sex in public" so you can get blowjobs everywhere..but watch the blowjob text..1 is great increases submission points..one is average does not..and one is bad and lowers them alot.

Last edited:

Zhurgy

Aug 6, 2016
Okay I have quick question. There were more girls, some magical, some not. I've fought darkness everywhere and now I'm only left with 8 magical girls. The rest disappeared. Any way to prevent it or that is supposed to happen?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Okay I have quick question. There were more girls, some magical, some not. I've fought darkness everywhere and now I'm only left with 8 magical girls. The rest disappeared. Any way to prevent it or that is supposed to happen?
it is suppossd to happen..game learns who you interact with most and eventually fades those you do not..thus its best to always detect magic before embarking on time wasting convos with the non-magical so they are the faders..lol

Reactions: Amaraine

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Magical girls won't disappear. The non-magical ones will. That's partly to reduce the clutter -- from a game point of view, they are there to help you skill up in the beginning, and don't serve a lot of function once you have started to get a head of steam and there are more magical girls in the game. The other reason they disappear is that there are more girls than character models (of which there are 15), but all the magical girls will have unique character models.

In an earlier iteration I had a button that let you dismiss the non-magical girls, but that felt callous to people, so I changed it so they go on their own -- maybe I should let you make a choice to keep them around?

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
A help function with description of several parameters would be very nice:

- what is Local Evil Level?
- How fast/why do Lust etc decrease?
- What uses up Submission?
Putting a help function on my queue of things to do. Thank you.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Is anyone else getting this?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 469, in script
    if active_char == mia and current_location == beach:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 469, in <module>
NameError: name 'mia' is not defined
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 469, in script
  File "C:\Users\morga\Downloads\StrangeGift-0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1681, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\morga\Downloads\StrangeGift-0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1794, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\morga\Downloads\StrangeGift-0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1788, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 469, in <module>
NameError: name 'mia' is not defined
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
A Strange Gift 0.7
"mia" is defined at the very beginning of the game, so it shouldn't happen by the time you get to click on people, which is when that code occurs. It would, however, happen if you have a saved game from 0.6. This game is in its infancy, so saved games won't tend to carry over. Thank you for reporting a bug -- that's really helpful and I really appreciate it when people do that!

Last edited:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Magical girls won't disappear. The non-magical ones will. That's partly to reduce the clutter -- from a game point of view, they are there to help you skill up in the beginning, and don't serve a lot of function once you have started to get a head of steam and there are more magical girls in the game. The other reason they disappear is that there are more girls than character models (of which there are 15), but all the magical girls will have unique character models.

In an earlier iteration I had a button that let you dismiss the non-magical girls, but that felt callous to people, so I changed it so they go on their own -- maybe I should let you make a choice to keep them around?
always let the sweet sexy asian gal stay..and..umm..get pregnant and wifed up..HAHAAA...i cant help it...LOL

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
how do I access the swing club?
In the early part you need to focus on 1 girl to increase her affection and lust enough, so that you can call her and ask her to go there with her. Later on when you have increased stats with several more girls chances are that one of them is inside and will pretend to be there with you, so later in the game you don't need to call a girl to invite her there.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Yes please! The more girls one can play with the better. ;)

So I tested 0.7 too. Works a bit better now, that you can't farm stats every morning for free. Still I managed to max all magical girls again after a while. I guess that's bound to happen.

This time I saw 2 nice events for defeating Loki's influence in specific locations. Namely in the library with Olivia and at the beach with Chloe. Are these the only ones in game so far? I tried to find similar events at home, in the cafe and at the pool. But there the meter simply breaks zero, I get a message that I defeated Loki and it's over. Once negative the influence doesn't increase again.

And I noticed another message in the swinger or the bondage club, don't remember. It told me I needed to lower Loki's influence at home to do the same in the club. So I lowered home influence a bit, but nothing happened in the clubs. Did I break it by going negative way to quickly? Or is it simply not implemented yet?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Yes please! The more girls one can play with the better. ;)

So I tested 0.7 too. Works a bit better now, that you can't farm stats every morning for free. Still I managed to max all magical girls again after a while. I guess that's bound to happen.

This time I saw 2 nice events for defeating Loki's influence in specific locations. Namely in the library with Olivia and at the beach with Chloe. Are these the only ones in game so far? I tried to find similar events at home, in the cafe and at the pool. But there the meter simply breaks zero, I get a message that I defeated Loki and it's over. Once negative the influence doesn't increase again.

And I noticed another message in the swinger or the bondage club, don't remember. It told me I needed to lower Loki's influence at home to do the same in the club. So I lowered home influence a bit, but nothing happened in the clubs. Did I break it by going negative way to quickly? Or is it simply not implemented yet?
Those are the only two in the game so far.

I'll look at the wording of that message. You can't lower the darkness at other locations more than a few points lower than it is at home -- but dropping it at home doesn't cause the darkness at the club to lower -- it just allows you to lower the darkness at the club with more actions. Basically, no place in the game can ever be more than 5 better than your home. Are you seeing something different than that?

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Those are the only two in the game so far.

I'll look at the wording of that message. You can't lower the darkness at other locations more than a few points lower than it is at home -- but dropping it at home doesn't cause the darkness at the club to lower -- it just allows you to lower the darkness at the club with more actions. Basically, no place in the game can ever be more than 5 better than your home. Are you seeing something different than that?
No I think the message told more or less the same. I just thought it was a hint to trigger something.

Another thing I was wondering: how does the training work? Is it like the spell learning, i.e. you have to do it x times for the next upgrade? And what is the benefit of doing so? For example the bondage skill increases on its own when you bondage girls in the club. Why would you train the skill at home?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
No I think the message told more or less the same. I just thought it was a hint to trigger something.

Another thing I was wondering: how does the training work? Is it like the spell learning, i.e. you have to do it x times for the next upgrade? And what is the benefit of doing so? For example the bondage skill increases on its own when you bondage girls in the club. Why would you train the skill at home?
There's a random chance to increase skills that happens when you train, or when you actually perform the skill, for the most part. Deliberately training is primarily a choice for late night in the early game when you can't get a girl to come over and you can't get admission to the clubs, as a slight improvement over "Pass Time"

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Repetitive grindy and boring. Straight to trash after 20 min. playtime.

Reactions: MrJ

ggx95

Nov 10, 2017
So after so digging... and multiple fails i got the cheats to modify any girl affection and lust status to you. All you have to do is select your girl then press the classic SHIFT+O then type the next line:

active_char.affection = X
active_char.lust = x
active_char.submission = x
where X the value that you want

The codes are universal... for all girls.

Hope that helps ^^ !

PS: Dear creator of the game , i want to tell you that you did a realy great job with the game so far . Wish to see more and sooner !!:cool:

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes