4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

laliandra

May 2, 2019
Oh ffs.. abandoned..? Ah, comments tell me to cross-fingers, bookmark and forget for a while.
that is because this site has a rather arbitrary rule which is not usually respected by the mods, and is used holding different standards for different devs :unsure:

the rules says:

Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

well, LocJaw has posted an announcement less than 3 months ago, so the tag should've been removed... but it hasn't. known devs that milk their patrons abuse this silly rule to continue scaming their contributors by avoiding the abandoned tag despite not working on their games for long periods of time.

then you have devs like LocJaw who evidently don't give two shits about keeping their patreons and even less about communicating their progress because they do it as a hobbie not as a job.

the latter ones, who can't/don't keep up with the 3 month rules are the ones that incorrectly get their games tagged as abandoned and the threads become a constant enquiry about "why is this game dead?" ad infinitum.

so long story short: the game is not abandoned until LocJaw says it is and he doesn't owe any of us to update us every 3 months about his progress. he has never been communicative nor consitent with his updates, that's what we have to deal with.

Last edited:

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
he has never been communicative nor consistent with his updates, that's what we have to deal with.
Not that this changes anything but when locjaw first starting out this game of his back in 2018 he was consistent with updates and his newswires up until 2019 at least. Wasn't until 2019 the updates became more spaced out

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
This thread has repeatedly been marked as abandoned and it has little to no meaning here.

Loc did say in February that an update would be coming in a few weeks but given his history, this delay is not surprising to me. The update will drop when it drops.

May 16, 2018
locjaw and its ways of not publishing more than release notices that don't happen.

One of the best parodies I've ever played pity that the dev disappears and does not give news

Reactions: User1230

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I'm curious: anyone float him a message, during the short time he was active during his last post, or any post for that matter, about why the hiatuses or lack of communication?
Edit: I know the first hiatus was health reasons. But I'm talking about all the other hiatuses/ghosting sessions.

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
I'm curious: anyone float him a message, during the short time he was active during his last post, or any post for that matter, about why the hiatuses or lack of communication?
Edit: I know the first hiatus was health reasons. But I'm talking about all the other hiatuses/ghosting sessions.
He quite literally doesnt respond to any messages. When he uploads he uploads, if he doesn't he doesn't not that I care I'm watching Lust is Stranger development ATM

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes