4.60 star(s) 41 Votes

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
It's a shame those couple of weeks have now turned into a couple of months but who knows still a few days left of this month if not this month maybe next, can only hope we will see an update soon.
Usually when I'm waiting for an update, I just forget the game exists except for every once in a while. That's how I'm able to wait so long without complaint. But when he puts up a "next update incoming" post, I lose myself to hype and check back regularly, only to be disappointed in the end.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The last real content update was version 0.6 in January 2020, because the other two updates barely added any new content. With all the time that has passed, I don't have much hope for this game.

The future is Lust is Strange.
You shouldn't jump ship to another project as soon as you think "this isn't going well" and there's absolutely nothing stopping you from playing Lust is Strange while also hoping for an update on this.

NR83

Aug 1, 2019
Well, I've been following this project since I joined this site, i.e. August 2019 and since Strange Nights it has received little content.

Lust is Strange has only been running for a few months, its author has some recognition, and has already added quite a lot of material, I think words are superfluous.

I'll keep an eye on Strange Nights, but I really have low hopes for it. For whatever reason, LocJaw gave up on it, I don't know if it was because of fear of complaints, or because of health issues.

Reactions: ashaik

ashaik

Sep 16, 2020
Well, I've been following this project since I joined this site, i.e. August 2019 and since Strange Nights it has received little content.

Lust is Strange has only been running for a few months, its author has some recognition, and has already added quite a lot of material, I think words are superfluous.

I'll keep an eye on Strange Nights, but I really have low hopes for it. For whatever reason, LocJaw gave up on it, I don't know if it was because of fear of complaints, or because of health issues.
we don't know because he won't tell us anything, we're lucky to get a 'newswire' twice a year where he apologizes for the hiatus and doesn't clarify why.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019

This is how Loc is. Like ashaik said, he pops in with newswire or an update before disappearing once again. He's not like other developers who give regular status reports and content updates. He's just doing this because he wants to, and I highly doubt he cares one bit for any of the money he gets from Patreon.

Patience is something you have to get used to on this site. If you first say that you want a game to succeed only to jump ship to another project as soon as it starts to show more promise, did you ever really want it to succeed at all, or did you just want any content?

There are devs who release game updates only once or twice a year and there are devs who have literally died during development (rip chatt).

What I am saying is that while you are welcome to play Lust is Strange and you are welcome to support them - nobody is going to shame you for that, calling this a 'dead game' is ultimately dismissive of the work Loc has already put in and more importantly, dismissive of any previous support you shown towards this game and towards Loc.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes