Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Solo with who though? Or can I just pick any girl and to what extent?
Every girl's intimate scenes are avoidable afaik but it's a harem game first and foremost. I'm pretty sure there's no unique paths or content for solo LI runs and avoided girls are still going to be prominent throughout the story.
Edit: Except for the redhead milf, her first sex scene is story relevant and as far as I recall unavoidable

packor

Oct 11, 2021
Solo with who though? Or can I just pick any girl and to what extent?
It's a linear novel where basically every scene is available, but you can choose to skip whichever one you want. No one knows whether it would have an effect on an ending until there is an ending, but that's not something to worry about at this point.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
....No it's not. Don't get me wrong, Caribdis is a goat but Eternum just isn't as fun as this. Game's just too complex and too ambitious to be as fun as SI.
You know that you are talking to the Dev of this game?

I think it is personal taste, to an extend, but IMO Eternum is better. And it is quite clear.

Stray Incubus is really good as well, dont get me wrong. It is very enjoyable and also really unique (which is hard to do for Harem-games nowadays IMO, but the setting and the characters are really well thought-out).

In general, several good games can co-exist next to each other. It would be a shame if this would not be possible.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
as someone who is constantly absolutely yearning for silver haired LI's to become infatuated with, I gotta say, Venus is amazing.

as is Stephanie... and Annie... I think there's at least one more too, but Venus is the best. need more of her asap

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022

I think it is personal taste, to an extend, but IMO Eternum is better. And it is quite clear.

Stray Incubus is really good as well, dont get me wrong. It is very enjoyable and also really unique (which is hard to do for Harem-games nowadays IMO, but the setting and the characters are really well thought-out).

In general, several good games can co-exist next to each other. It would be a shame if this would not be possible.
I think Eternum is S-tier and this game is A-tier. I think the dev for Eternum benefits from experience and the presentation of Eternum just seems a couple steps higher. that's obviously not a knock on this dev though. i'd say that this game, so far, is better than Once in a Lifetime, so i'd imagine that this dev could really make something extraordinary on his next game

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I think Eternum is S-tier and this game is A-tier. I think the dev for Eternum benefits from experience and the presentation of Eternum just seems a couple steps higher. that's obviously not a knock on this dev though. i'd say that this game, so far, is better than Once in a Lifetime, so i'd imagine that this dev could really make something extraordinary on his next game
Yeah, exactly. It would be more fair to compare this game Stray Incubus to Once in a Lifetime. Or just not compare them at all, since it would be unfair towards the work that went into either game.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nah Eternum is better trust me
....No it's not. Don't get me wrong, Caribdis is a goat but Eternum just isn't as fun as this. Game's just too complex and too ambitious to be as fun as SI.
I have to agree with this dude on that. I dropped Eternum. Not because it's bad, I played it since the first day it dropped and I had thought there were solo romance paths, so all that time, I was living in a bubble about it. So, I dropped it and it's why my first question here were about the paths. Anyway, the bit I've played so far has been pretty fun. Keep it up, Flynn974.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

Yes, he is and every now and then Flynn needs to get bonked with a newspaper. As I said, Eternum is good and Caribdis is a goat, but I just think SI is better. OiaLT is imo the best completed AVN ever, but it was still bordering on being too complex. You do one wrong thing on an incredibly obscure choice? Oh you've lost a LI, no take backsies. The one where you lose little sister's best friend/cousin because you took the wrong extremely obscure choice searching for something, I think some shoes, in the school was hella dumb. I spent more time checking if I lost a path after making a choice than I did actually playing it.
Eternum takes an already too high of complexity imo and turns it up to an 11. Even though from what I've played of it it's easier to keep your LIs I like my AVNs simple. I'm here to read good stories and jerk off, and the more steps you put in between those two things the less I enjoy it. SI has about the perfect blend of complexity and simplicity, one of my top 3 favourite casts in an ongoing game atm, good and noticeably improving animations and nothing but sexy ass girls. Last but most certainly not least it has Misty. If SI is a 10 Misty puts it up to an 11

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Yes, he is and every now and then Flynn needs to get bonked with a newspaper.
Nah, I think Flynn evaluated it correctly... from a Dev perspective. Story and taste can be pretty subjective, but if you're building VNs in Ren'py and you look at Eternum, there's a huge wow factor when evaluating Eternum on a technical level with the animations, the models, the transitions... everything is very slick and polished for the most part. What's even more amazing is if you started off playing OiaLT, like sure the animations were getting better over time, but there was a huge fidelity jump going from OiaLT to Eternum. The one that stands out for me is the animation of the fly-through when the OC first goes into the future/cyberpunk city in Eternum. It really sells the whole idea of the setting. And all of this goes to show that Caribdis really learned from their first game and improved their techniques rapidly.

So I imagine as a dev, you can look at that and recognize that it's a great product.

Anyhow I started playing Stray Incubus like a month ago and playing chapters back to back I'm seeing how Flynn is improving over time. I'm having fun with Stray Incubus and I'm looking forward to seeing how Flynn develops since it's clear they have talent, and it's also clear that they'll only improve their skills with time (no pressure flynn ;) ).

That said... while I recognized Eternum is a superior product to OiaLT, I still have more of a soft spot for OiaLT. I'm not sure if that's a taste thing, or... if the writing being less polished gave it more charm? Eh, maybe I'll feel differently once Eternum is finished.

Reactions: gojira667

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
but there was a huge fidelity jump going from OiaLT to Eternum.
Because Eternum is a HS2 game. OiaLT is probably the best looking HS1 game in existence but Eternum, while it's a damn good looking HS2 game it's not leagues above the competition like OiaLT was.
Anyhow I started playing Stray Incubus like a month ago and playing chapters back to back I'm seeing how Flynn is improving over time. I'm having fun with Stray Incubus and I'm looking forward to seeing how Flynn develops since it's clear they have talent, and it's also clear that they'll only improve their skills with time (no pressure flynn ;) ).
The latest update to SI looks about as good as any other HS2 game out there. The animations are top notch, the renders are still getting better and the staging is downright excellent.
That said... while I recognized Eternum is a superior product to OiaLT, I still have more of a soft spot for OiaLT. I'm not sure if that's a taste thing, or... if the writing being less polished gave it more charm? Eh, maybe I'll feel differently once Eternum is finished.
I don't think it's just you. The charm, the pop culture references, the character writing, the closeness, the drama. OiaLT is well named because you'll only play a game like it once in a lifetime.

MatureWLover

Jun 25, 2023
Nah Eternum is better trust me
I mean it is, only because of the lenght. Tho i gotta say i enjoy this MC more than Eternums. I'm a simple guy i like badass mc's

Also i really loved that the game is basically based around a ninja village/school setting. With missions and such. Even the illusion training lessons.

The characters and their relationships develops incredibly well. "Do love me some netori" and "mom fucking"

Also idk, imo this game is just hotter than eternum ‍♂

• Haha
Reactions: wiseold6996

Clarence2992

Oct 14, 2021
I don't know about that one, I never remember any of the male side characters in any of these games except for Stabby Mike :ROFLMAO:

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
All this talk about which is better...

I think these game are a form of art, and art is subjective. My personal opinion is both games are equal. They both have their strong points which make them great. I am a huge fan of both. Eternum is a more serious game whereas Stray Incubus is more light hearted. I guess for me, if I had to choose between the two games, I would pick the one that gives me a release first. The wait is killing me (figuratively speaking).

MatureWLover

Jun 25, 2023
All this talk about which is better...

I think these game are a form of art, and art is subjective. My personal opinion is both games are equal. They both have their strong points which make them great. I am a huge fan of both. Eternum is a more serious game whereas Stray Incubus is more light hearted. I guess for me, if I had to choose between the two games, I would pick the one that gives me a release first. The wait is killing me (figuratively speaking).
This :)

4.70 star(s) 136 Votes