wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah... After i finished Season 1, i was so hyped to play the first chapter of the Season 2, hoping that there will be more build up to the upcoming scene with Tamara... And now my whole excitement for the entire Season is basically cut in half, or even more... Let's hope that Flynn at least won't fumble the scene with Centoria.... God, please let it be better than what Tamara got... I need at least some build up, maybe some teasing here and there from Centoria, and I hope MC won't take her to bed just like it was with Stephanie in Season 1 with the god damn jump-cut straight to mindless fuckin her and her clone.
Or annabellle. That was a travesty

Babelok

Aug 9, 2021
Holy damn. I thought we could have some rimjob on that Tamara's ass or some real scenes with her but no.. Candy and Torr are still imo (with Tamara) the best girls but you can't leave us like that dev prayge

Last edited:

VoidExile

Oct 1, 2018
Holy damn. I thought we could have some rimjob on that Tamara's ass or some real scenes with her but no.. Candy and Torr are still imo (with Tamara) the best girls but you can't leave us like that dev :prayge:
I get you. There was only one position with limited variations and the scenes were scuff and could have used some more work. The time when you got two choices, the second choice could have easily been a different scene, but nope, identical to the first.

Reactions: Babelok

MysticEnigma

Aug 15, 2023
Ahhh I love jump cuts to sex, especially when it's someone being a bit arrogant and seeing them go from 0-100 in a split second gets my engine revving. That and instant-loss / game over scenes.
I'm going to play this game simply because of this, lol. I love "jump cut to sex" so much that I actively seek it out in movies and such.

Reactions: MatureWLover

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
The most annoying thing in S2 (and late S1) for me was unexpected animated sequences - those which progress themselves without you actually clicking. Some sequences are absurdly long and what's most annoying - some of their scenes are very short. Lots of times I accidentally skipped like 10 second animation and sometimes had to replay it 2 or 3 times because one scene there was shown only for 0.25 seconds (for example scene with a green "hologram monster" in a cage being hit by lightnings from MC and Venus) and I didn't even had time to understand what is happening. For example, shots with all the village observing tournament - lot's of pretty girls sitting together around a sphere and it skips by itself a second later. Why I can't just sit for half a minute looking through all the details with my one hand?

Reactions: Semantics

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
So first of all it works, just fine, you just click ignore on the error codes and the saves loads, and even the actual errors in the game are skippable(mostly just in stats screen).
Now for update, it holds the quality from the end of S1, in fact I would argue that fight scenes are now even better. Still not sure where the overall plot is heading currently, but at this point I am hooked, its probably around top 5 of games right now currently in development.
Also I want to mention music, or overall sound design, its among the best in avns. Seriously superb job on that aspect of it
Thank you for this info. It worked as you said.

I also agree with your statements on the updated and the game. Not sure what the bitching about this first updated in season 2 is about. I thought it was a good way to kick off as well.

Slickjack

May 29, 2020
In playing Season 1, I consciously decided to NOT invite Misty (Spider-Girl) back to the Ninja Village. For all of Season 1, the Stats display had one empty portrait space: the final one on the second page. When I loaded into Season 2, 1a, I found that same empty portrait space was filled with Misty's picture and she appeared in the shower (what happened to the bathing pool?) with Tamara's older sister, Hailey, in company. While the MC could have stuck around and interacted with Hailey and Misty, I opted out of the interaction on the grounds that Mysty shouldn't have been there.

Why are we given choices if the Dev refuses to honor those choices? In my playthrough, the MC decided against inviting Misty to the Village, why am I being forced to have her in the Village now? How did Misty get to the village? Who invited her? Is she a Ninja? Why can't the MC get some alone time with Hailey? What about Yumi? Whatever happened to that cute little Nixie who hasn't been seen since the MC "gave her energy" about 3/8's of the way through the first season? Nixie owes the MC, big time, not that it's reflected in her stats. She should be "owned" by the MC as a pet dog is owned by it's Master. Instead, we get people turning up in the village with no reason or justification and someone who should be at the MC's beck and call is nowhere to be seen.

Season 2, 1a, finds the Ninja Village in a wary state due to the fears of it being soon attacked. After all, the MC is dropped in belt-rank for having left the village with Keres Annie and Yumi due to the threat of an attack on the Village which the MC ignored. Yet, upon the wayward trio's return to the village, everything stops to hold a previously unannounced tournament! So, the danger to the Village is sufficient to warrant penalizing people who leave the village, but not such a danger that they can expend their energy taking part ina meaningless tournament. Had an attack occurred during the night following the tournament, who had the energy to defend the Village? In addition, the day following the Tournament, we see the MC and Tamara accepting new jobs for the Ninja Village. How can the Village accept new missions if no one can leave the Village due to the threat of an attack? I think the Dev needs to acquire an editor to maintain consistent story-lines and clean up the language usage/grammar within the dialogues.

- sj

Reactions: Mr_Sel

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
In playing Season 1, I consciously decided to NOT invite Misty (Spider-Girl) back to the Ninja Village. For all of Season 1, the Stats display had one empty portrait space: the final one on the second page. When I loaded into Season 2, 1a, I found that same empty portrait space was filled with Misty's picture and she appeared in the shower (what happened to the bathing pool?) with Tamara's older sister, Hailey, in company. While the MC could have stuck around and interacted with Hailey and Misty, I opted out of the interaction on the grounds that Mysty shouldn't have been there.
Oh?! I didn't notice I didn't include misty being invited in the shower scene and it appearing in the stats screen, oopise...
Thanks for bringing that to my attention

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I generally agree that this update feels weaker than later updates of season 1 besides 12, but I don't think it's because of the sex scenes. And it's not because Flynn got lazy either. Those fight scenes clearly took a lot of effort to make. It may not be where you want to see the dev effort go, but the effort is clearly there.
I think the issue is mostly the writing in that it feels very reminiscent of the writing in the earlier chapters. The ones before the Butcher, where stuff just kindof happened.
Things got a lot of better when the updates started focusing more on full storyline missions with some sexy and more silly scenes placed in the space before or after a mission. The Butcher, The Plague Village, the Visit to the Elven city and the face-eater mansion. These were all concrete storylines that you could easily follow with a concrete goal and in the moment stakes.
Instead we get a tournament out of nowhere, which is really lacking in narrative or character stakes. Like it doesn't need to be anything deep or serious, could have maybe just made some characters make some bets on the outcomes of some fights. That could have been even used as the leadup to one of the sex scenes. It really just needed a reason for us to care about the outcome of those fights beyond the vague desire to watch the mc suceed.
Like ... the fights are cool, but I don't think they are the reason why anyone is playing the game. They work well as dramatic conclusions of a storyline, where there's stakes involved and the fight is the payoff for a narrative setup. But just fight after fight is not all that exciting.
Luckily it looks like we'll be getting a new mission with a storyline in the next update, so I'm optimistic that things can be turned around.

I do agree that the sex scenes are very silly, but that's the case for most of the other sex scenes as well. The Tamara one is a bit weird, but that's mostly the fault of update 12. They really needed to have some time to talk after the voodo-dildo thing and it still baffles me that Flynn just makes Zycris run away for no reason.
I will say that the Haily and Misty scene one is very silly. When it revealed their faces, while they were sneaking up on Zycris, I actually laughed out loud. They just looked so silly.

Magic Potato

Dec 19, 2020
Based. Just stick with it and call it a retcon, anyone who abandoned best girl deserves the surprise spider sex
Exactly. How can you not invite the best girl there is to the village. When i played through that moment - with Misty saying goodbye to her spider father - I actually caught myself tearing up. And that was probably one of my favourite moments from Season 1, after that Misty was my favourite girl HANDS DOWN.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Mommysbuttslut Magic Potato Am I to understand that you support the idea of a Dev forcing a character into a game (VN) after giving the player the option of avoiding said character?
Yup. It takes a rather twisted individual to turn down that absolute sweetheart and I have no pity for their poor decisions not being respected. Also saves on the dev's work load so it's a win-win in my book.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
wow.. just.. wow.. If ever there was a VN that earned the term dont judge a book by its opening chapter THIS is it.. i finally gave this title a chance and once past the initial opening work that i found weird looking and as the vastly better art work came along i was hooked.. Not only by the art, characters, animations but as a whole the title is just amazing.. The story is gripping and even tho its jump scare happy lol It has such depth to the story and its characters..
Some feel left by the wayside sometimes like Centoria but small hints at more creep in towards the end of season 1 for her and other neglected characters.. The story has some great twists and moments of hightened drama and action.. The finale being just one exception of how VNs can and should be structured..
This title deserves any and all credit it gets and i highly encourage those who skipped it based on the season 1 beginnings to stick it out.. you wont have to wait long for tat awful hat and cardigan to vanish and get into a truly polished and amazing looking piece with quite a good array and well used cast pf characters and cameo's from other hit titles like Stormside and Eternum..

• Red Heart
Reactions: Magic Potato

nopeno

Sep 24, 2018
Does anyone have a save file from the end of S1? The game doesn't recognize mine, and it crashes to desktop whenever I try to start a new game or access the options menu.

darkdreamsan

Apr 12, 2022
nopeno Hit ignore, instead of rollback.

The problem with my saves is that some of the girls' values (such as belt and affection) are missing from S2, with their affected variable highlighted in red on the top left.

Oh, and congratulations, Flynn974 on Season 2! As usual, amazing work.

nopeno

Sep 24, 2018
nopeno Hit ignore, instead of rollback.

The problem with my saves is that some of the girls' values (such as belt and affection) are missing from S2, with their affected variable highlighted in red on the top left.

Oh, and congratulations, Flynn974 on Season 2! As usual, amazing work.
I keep reading people ignoring the part me and others are reporting: There IS NO IGNORE BUTTON. No rollback either. It crashes to desktop directly and pops up a text error log.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 140 Votes